HPU: Apollo City

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Re: HPU: Apollo City

Post by Hlaoroo »

"I understand, Captain." Kelly echoes with a nod.

"Fine, thank you, sir. You spoke well earlier." Makani answers before grinning at Francis' and Avery's comments.
"Yeah, Francis is right. I know enough not to embarrass myself in formal situations but that's about it. I'd still look a fool in a nightclub. It just wouldn't be right doing a quickstep or a waltz while everyone else is clubbing to DJ Cattitude." he grins, naming a popular artist in the feline world.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Cpt. Karlous smiled, sipping the rest of his tea. "Well, I think that's all I wanted to talk to you folks about," he said then, standing up from his chair for a stretch, "Other then in a couple of days or perhaps next week, I would like to run a small evacuation drill. Nothing serious, I just want to run it so that folks here know where all the lifeboats and exit points are, so I will require all hands on deck to help out. I will announce the drill three days prior so as to not freak everyone out. Other then that, you folks have anything else you want to add or ask? I'm all ears."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 2:23 pm "I'm sure Mak's been taught the lessons like myself, Doctor," Francis stated lightly, "we've had lessons so as not to be humiliated in ceremonies but hardly country standard, eh, Makani?"
Hlaoroo wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:53 pm "I understand, Captain." Kelly echoes with a nod.

"Fine, thank you, sir. You spoke well earlier." Makani answers before grinning at Francis' and Avery's comments.
"Yeah, Francis is right. I know enough not to embarrass myself in formal situations but that's about it. I'd still look a fool in a nightclub. It just wouldn't be right doing a quickstep or a waltz while everyone else is clubbing to DJ Cattitude." he grins, naming a popular artist in the feline world.
"DJ Cattitude? Would music like that be found in something like... Dusty Dancing? It's the only film I recall seeing that has an abundance of music and fancy footwork." Avery mused. "I do however know about the waltz. I heard that it's characterized by its one, two, three rhythm." The canine clapped her hands in sync with her words as she counted up to three.
SeanWolf wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:00 am Cpt. Karlous smiled, sipping the rest of his tea. "Well, I think that's all I wanted to talk to you folks about," he said then, standing up from his chair for a stretch, "Other then in a couple of days or perhaps next week, I would like to run a small evacuation drill. Nothing serious, I just want to run it so that folks here know where all the lifeboats and exit points are, so I will require all hands on deck to help out. I will announce the drill three days prior so as to not freak everyone out. Other then that, you folks have anything else you want to add or ask? I'm all ears."
Avery thought for a moment, before shaking her head.

"Nothing from me sir! Though if you ever need any extra assistance, I'm here to help!"
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Dusty Dancing's rather a good analogy for the offence thing, Captain," Francis said, after thinking a moment. "If, say, I were to invite Kelly to dance during the evening - and, being me, I probably will - the reactions might well run the gamut, like they did in that film. Offence has to be risked as that's sometimes the only way we can see how far we've come, sir. And the only way to, maybe, prove their fears wrong."
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

"Actually, they did ask her to do the music for that movie but unfortunately she had other commitments." Makani answers Avery.
"There are a bunch of different styles in that movie though. Typically DJ Cattitude does EDM and Electroswing." the cat points out before listening to the captain.
"Hmm. I just have one question, sir. Is it true you captured that enemy submarine single-pawedly?"

~~~~~~~~
"I have nothing to add save reiterating our thanks for the increased funding." Kelly answers the captain with a slight bow.

~~~~~~~~
"All right. Let's do it. Hmm... Say, what would you think of a bit of organ in the background? Too much? Or just enough?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 10:19 am "Dusty Dancing's rather a good analogy for the offence thing, Captain," Francis said, after thinking a moment. "If, say, I were to invite Kelly to dance during the evening - and, being me, I probably will - the reactions might well run the gamut, like they did in that film. Offence has to be risked as that's sometimes the only way we can see how far we've come, sir. And the only way to, maybe, prove their fears wrong."
Cpt. Karlous thought for a bit at what Francis said before nodding, "You're right. It is the best thing to do."

Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:05 am "Hmm. I just have one question, sir. Is it true you captured that enemy submarine single-pawedly?"
'Submarine?' he then thought before realizing what exactly Makani was referring to with the question. "Yes, I did," he answered with a laugh, "
"But it wasn't on my own, as reports stated. I had a team with me and they helped with the capture of the sub, so credit should go to them as well."
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:05 am "I have nothing to add save reiterating our thanks for the increased funding." Kelly answers the captain with a slight bow.
"And you are most welcomed there, Kelly. Just, please don't squander or waste it, is all I ask."
Roarin wrote: Fri Dec 24, 2021 4:47 am Avery thought for a moment, before shaking her head.

"Nothing from me sir! Though if you ever need any extra assistance, I'm here to help!"
"And thank you, Avery! I will keep that in mind!" He answered before standing up from his desk, "Now then, let's see if I remembered everything...talk about the upcoming drill...money...OK, that's everything wanted to say...Sorry, just mumbling to myself. Anyway, with all that being said, I'll let you folks return to your jobs." Cpt. Karlous gave a salute to the group, "Thank you for accepting me as your new captain and I hope I won't let you folks down. Dismissed!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hlaoroo wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:05 am "All right. Let's do it. Hmm... Say, what would you think of a bit of organ in the background? Too much? Or just enough?"
"For this song? It could work...let's give it a try."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Francis saluted his Captain, then remembered he wasn't military and dropped it with the merest cringe as they headed out. "So," he asked Kelly quietly, "any dance you'd prefer for what I already stated is inevitable?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Kelly promises to use the funding wisely and salutes along with Makani and the two follow Francis and Avery out of the room.

"So, did you have anything planned for now, Avery, or...?" the black cat asks the dog once they're in the corridor.

~~~~~~~~
Kelly smiles slightly.
"To be honest, Francis, I do not have any dance routines preinstalled. I am sure I can find some to download in the ship's database, though. However, my AI is designed to be able to learn, both through actual trial and error and through simulations. Therefore, should you wish to teach me, I could create some new subroutines that I could organise into a custom dance program. I cannot guarantee not to step on any toes during the lessons, unfortunately, but I will of course do my utmost to minimise any possible harm to you."

~~~~~~~~
JD seats himself at the organ, thoughtfully adjusts a handful of stops, and lets Torque count the song in. He improvises as the song goes on but does his best to keep the organ as an accompaniment and harmony rather than being dominant. After the song is done he waits for the dog's thoughts.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Roarin

Post by Roarin »

Hlaoroo wrote: Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:16 am Kelly promises to use the funding wisely and salutes along with Makani and the two follow Francis and Avery out of the room.

"So, did you have anything planned for now, Avery, or...?" the black cat asks the dog once they're in the corridor.
"Weeeell."

The canine promptly took out her phone and gave it a few taps.

"Mister Hodges hasn't sent me any messages so things much be going well on his end. And I made sure my schedule was clear today in case things with the captain took longer than I anticipated. So nope! Can't say I have anything planned to doodloooo." She put her phone away and smiled at Makani before looking at the rest of the group.

"I guess this calls for some unscheduled recreation hours. Gosh, I haven't had one of those since that blackout back in training!" Avery's tail wagged furiously at the thought.
Last edited by Roarin on Thu May 26, 2022 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sleep is due to me... And I have a dream to live."

Book Log: I, Claudius - Robert Graves
Ref Ref!
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"It's appreciated, Kelly," Francis admitted. "If you want lessons, we should compare duty rosters, see if there's time to spare? Perhaps in my quarters or the ballroom?"
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie