Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

You guys apparently do this thing a lot?

Moderators: CyberDragon, Serence Frostbite

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2680
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

"Heck of a blast," Hawk mumbled while standing at the edge of the crater Hivemind told him about before heading down. Removing the rubble and tossing them aside as if they were nothing but pillows, Hawk entered the tunnel, careful as to not accidently cause another cave-in as that was one head-ache he didn't want again (technically, the cave-in on Prymus wasn't his fault entirely). As he traversed the cave to the bunker, he brushed his paw alongside his pocket, feeling the sphere that Hivemind placed. "New plan?" His OtherSide asked, sensing Hawk's smile.
"You could say that," Hawk thought, "We're gonna get the bunker to hire us."
"How so?"
"Hivemind said they were watching us and listening, correct? Well, because I said the Champions have a price on their head - which they actually do - and that I will collect that price, we're going to get the bunker to hire us for protection against the Champions, in exchange for info as to what exactly they are doing that got the team's interest, including showing them these bots Hivemind gave us. If done right, we can avoid all manner of bloodshed, get the info we need, then we move on to extracting them i.e leading them right into the waiting paws of the Champions."
"Risky but it could work, seeing that Hivemind 'fired' you. We still run the risk of the plan backfiring at any moment, mind you."
"I'm not too worried about if the plan fails. If there are armed personal in there and they don't buy this, we can still easily relive them of their weapons and continue on with the original idea. If not, you know what to do." His OtherSide nodded in agreement as they approached the bunker's door, Hawk adjusting his jacket and hat just a bit before banging on it thrice. "Anyone in there?" he then shouted.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Buster
Game Master
Posts: 5379
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Σ Disturbing Exploding Face

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 6:28 pm
Hivemind followed the new alien and Corp down to the ground level. "Ghost ship IFF? Interesting..." Hivemind thought about this for a minute. "Well, the Beacon of Hope is certainly not a ghost ship. It's a mobile civilization. Population is over ten billion. Look at the sky and you'll see it orbiting." Hivemind pointed up at the clear sky, and at the ship so large it was clearly visible from the surface despite being over a hundred thousand miles away. "We've picked up a number of distress signals from smaller ships lately. It's possible that those missing ships vanished from your world and reappeared in mine by mistake. Whenever this would happen, our IFF would, for the split second the barrier between our universes breaks down, be able to be received by ships and stations on your end."
"Whatever nerd." Shaska has taken to ignoring hivemind at this point, partly because he annoys her, and partly because she doesnt believe the whole other worlds thing. convinced he has a defective processor or something.
Legotron123 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:27 pm
"Mmm. I don't like that guy." Liz said simply, going back to checking her weapon. "Gives me the impression that he thinks he knows a lot more than he does."
That though has her doing a double take, or rather mishearing it does, and questioning if she hit her head. "Did you just call the mouse mo-"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 3:24 pm
"Seems you've done the same reality trip most of us have done," Corp told Shaska, still checking his rig and other weapons as he headed back to the others. "Much prefer you to that pillock," he added, nodding towards the distant Hawk. "Call me Corp, if you want."
"-m- Hold it, not you too? More otherworld nonsense? this CANT be outside normal spacetime, cause that ____ KILLS you, or worse, if you stay in it too long. The synth is clearly defective, what's your excuse?"
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 12666
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Smarter people than I couldn't tell you," Corp said, giving Shaska a tight smile as they re-joined the others. "All I know is it happened, I'm here and I'm still trying to help people. This Universe makes logic cry. Can we argue it later?"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3845
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 3:24 pm
"Seems you've done the same reality trip most of us have done," Corp told Shaska, still checking his rig and other weapons as he headed back to the others. "Much prefer you to that pillock," he added, nodding towards the distant Hawk. "Call me Corp, if you want."
Legotron123 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:27 pm
"Mmm. I don't like that guy." Liz said simply, going back to checking her weapon. "Gives me the impression that he thinks he knows a lot more than he does."
"At ease, everyone." The hive droid following Corp and Shaska said. "I always have multiple plans going at once. Everything right now is going according to plan. You'll have to trust me. I don't know how much the people in that bunker can hear."
Buster wrote:
Mon May 31, 2021 2:23 am
"-m- Hold it, not you too? More otherworld nonsense? this CANT be outside normal spacetime, cause that ____ KILLS you, or worse, if you stay in it too long. The synth is clearly defective, what's your excuse?"
"We can deal with this later." Hivemind stated. "We have a bunker to capture. The people who released those monsters are inside. We need to capture them alive." He turned to Shaska. "You are not a Champion. I can't send you down there, and I can't let you go down there as a free agent or you could accidentally interfere with our plans. So either you stay out here in this building, or you agree to follow Champion rules while you're down there. No killing. No leaving anyone to die. Follow my orders. The end goal is to save as many people as possible. Understand?"

------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 3:24 pm
"So," Keeva said, "plants, acrobatics, heroics. What's next on your want to do list?"
Predator approached the nearest hanger and flew in for a landing, passing through the environment shields and touching down on the docks. "I have been hearing chatter about a sort of superhero fighting event happening today. It might be interesting to watch."'

------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 3:24 pm
Jenevive checked her time piece. "Isn't it about time for the fights to start," she asked.
"If it is," Jaken asked Nocturl, "you wanna join us?" He glanced at the Lycan. "Would he need a ticket?"
The Lycan checked his phone for the time. "Right now it would be Exhibition matches and themed matches. If we go now, we might still be able to catch 'Kite vs Wyvern'." He looked up at the others. "What do you guys think? Want to check it out? Nocturl, you'll only need a ticket if you want a seat all to yourself."

------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 3:24 pm
With a destination in mind, Jenny went back to pick up her Motorcycle and the protective gear to take it down to the tunnels, putting safety first. And then going at 100mph around curves, chicanes and performing 'tricks' for a laugh. She was still careful to keep an eye out for the traffic that 'wasn't' there.
A curious feature of the tunnels Jenny would likely notice immediately was the fact that there didn't seem to be a floor or ceiling, nor an up or down. The artificial gravity of the tunnel always pointed to the nearest surface. There were lanes above and below, on the walls and ceiling. Jenny could loop around like a corkscrew if she desired. Only when the tunnels approached an exit or branch did the lanes actually unfold into a single plane.

The tunnels would turn into more traditional freeways as they passed into other districts in the Beacon. An arctic district filled with snow and buildings made out of permafrost ice. Another tunnel, and she would emerge on a bridge crossing what looked like a giant sea with a small platform in the center. Beneath the waves, an underwater metropolis thrived. Another tunnel, and she would find herself driving through a clear tunnel from which she would be able to see what looked like hundreds of miniature models of cities in their own glass cases if it weren't for the ant-to-mouse sized inhabitants living there and going about their business.

Each tunnel led to a different district, and the freeway connected them all.

------------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:
Fri May 28, 2021 7:27 pm
"Sounds pretty cool!" Kolt said, sounding a little excited for this. Let's do a few of the simpler settings first, then move onto the more complex settings if we still have time before we need to leave for the tournament. Anything you'd recommend?" He asked Eira, deciding to let the person who seemed to know what all the settings were on this machine pick out which one to do first.
Eira nodded and walked up to a sort of kiosk, tapping a few buttons. A series of poles rose out of the ground downrange, each one with a small target on it not much larger than a quarter. The poles started moving, up and down, left and right. "These targets assign points based on both force and accuracy. Hit one dead center and full force, you'll get 100 points. We take turns firing shots at the targets. Sound good?"

------------------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 7:59 am
"Heck of a blast," Hawk mumbled while standing at the edge of the crater Hivemind told him about before heading down. Removing the rubble and tossing them aside as if they were nothing but pillows, Hawk entered the tunnel, careful as to not accidently cause another cave-in as that was one head-ache he didn't want again (technically, the cave-in on Prymus wasn't his fault entirely). As he traversed the cave to the bunker, he brushed his paw alongside his pocket, feeling the sphere that Hivemind placed. "New plan?" His OtherSide asked, sensing Hawk's smile.
"You could say that," Hawk thought, "We're gonna get the bunker to hire us."
"How so?"
"Hivemind said they were watching us and listening, correct? Well, because I said the Champions have a price on their head - which they actually do - and that I will collect that price, we're going to get the bunker to hire us for protection against the Champions, in exchange for info as to what exactly they are doing that got the team's interest, including showing them these bots Hivemind gave us. If done right, we can avoid all manner of bloodshed, get the info we need, then we move on to extracting them i.e leading them right into the waiting paws of the Champions."
"Risky but it could work, seeing that Hivemind 'fired' you. We still run the risk of the plan backfiring at any moment, mind you."
"I'm not too worried about if the plan fails. If there are armed personal in there and they don't buy this, we can still easily relive them of their weapons and continue on with the original idea. If not, you know what to do." His OtherSide nodded in agreement as they approached the bunker's door, Hawk adjusting his jacket and hat just a bit before banging on it thrice. "Anyone in there?" he then shouted.
At first there was no response. Then, a voice sounded over a speaker next to the door. "Who are you? How did you get in these tunnels? This is a restricted area!"
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2680
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:22 pm
At first there was no response. Then, a voice sounded over a speaker next to the door. "Who are you? How did you get in these tunnels? This is a restricted area!"
Friendly chap, he thought to himself before answering, "Who I am and how I got here is not important at the moment. What is important is that right now? You need protection from the so-called Champions that are about ready to breach your little safe haven for who knows why and I'm here to offer my services," As he spoke, he reached into his jacket and pulled out the sphere he was given and held it in plain view, "Let me in and I will not only protect you and everyone in there, but I have some tech here from the Beacon that Hivemind gave me a while ago as a last act to get me to change my ways that I believe can be of some use to you."
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Buster
Game Master
Posts: 5379
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Σ Disturbing Exploding Face

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Buster »

CyberDragon wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 6:22 pm
"We can deal with this later." Hivemind stated. "We have a bunker to capture. The people who released those monsters are inside. We need to capture them alive." He turned to Shaska. "You are not a Champion. I can't send you down there, and I can't let you go down there as a free agent or you could accidentally interfere with our plans. So either you stay out here in this building, or you agree to follow Champion rules while you're down there. No killing. No leaving anyone to die. Follow my orders. The end goal is to save as many people as possible. Understand?"
"You want me following your orders, fine, I charge 10 Chir per target, triple for live captures, and no alternate payment. Pay it or you let me hunt my way." were hivemind to look up the term she used, he'd find references in talya's database to a platinum alloy some races use for currency, that label specifically referring to the bars. "oh, and get your logic matrix fixed i dont want to hear about conspiracy theories."
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14264
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon May 24, 2021 3:24 pm
"'Eard there's a Corgi Prince 'n' Wales,..." Sarah joked, before noting Conall. Y'right, we cotta get on, like, she signed.
"Aye, that's true." Cailean notes, following Sarah and Conall out the door.
"Th' Welsh are... Well, they're somethin', all right. Ah met a harvest mouse frae there once. He was quite th' character. Said he'd had all kinds o' adventures. Mind ye, he was also a writer, sae Ah'm nae sure whether his adventures were real or imagined. He had a bonny wee hat wi' a tiny feather in it tae. Made him look quite dashin'."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 12666
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"If you're here," Corp advised Shaska, "then you're here. No theory about it. Let's get this done." He looked to Liz and Lewis. " I'd say 'stay behind me, Captain', but I know that's not going to happen..." He was ready for the assault.
------------------------
Quite a few things to look at, Jenny told Quint whilst she raced across the underside of a ceiling, twisting down the wall and through a tunnel before giving a miniature witness in their miniature city a wave in passing. Bit bigger than a bottle, she thought, but same principle.
-----------------------
Keeva chuckled. "Yeah, I could do with watching a fun punch up. I wonder if they sell Hot Dogs and popcorn? You need to recharge or anything?"
--------------------
"Mr Nocturl can always share my seat," Golten offered. "Not like he's going to have to squeeze in?"
"I'm..." Jenevive's ears folded back somewhat as she looked to the Lycan. "Is that a good idea," she asked.
-------------------
Hannabelle eliminated another opponent.
------------------
Sana, acting as 'pilot', directed Denver towards the Kangaroos.
----------------
Sarah grinned as she escorted the boys. "Sound's like a bard," she guessed. "'E'd be bard from most've the bars in The ridin', like!"
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4030
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

"Sounds good to me. I won't need Quinn's help to win at this!" Kolt said boastfully, though it was clear he meant it in good fun. He picked up one of the pistols and stood in front of the target range."Ready whenever you are."
--
I am going to assume the relationship a bottle has to this city is some Earth thing I have not learned yet. Quint said as they rushed down the road. Regardless, I find the sight to be rather pleasant, though model cities were always more of Kolt's thing than my own.
--
Liz and Lewis just rolled their eyes at Shaska's refusal to believe what was going on, simply standing there ready to go. "Got it. We're good to go whenever you're ready.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana watched as the two fighters entered the arena. Finally seeing the two for herself she tried to think on who would win, but the more she wracked her brain the more she didn't know which way to lean. Specialty versus variety, mobility versus defense. Tatiana in the end felt she was unequipped to decide, the fight before her would be dictated by the small decisions made in the heat of the moment; if Wyvern could use his variety to exploit Kite's specialty, or if Kite could outlast Wyvern and counter the attempts to get behind his defenses. She threw some popcorn into her metal jaw, eager to see where things go.

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14264
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:43 pm
Sarah grinned as she escorted the boys. "Sound's like a bard," she guessed. "'E'd be bard from most've the bars in The ridin', like!"
Cailean groans and rolls his eyes, followed a moment later by Conall as Cailean translates the Geordie's words.
"Ah'll hae ye barred yerself if ye keep makin' jokes like tha'." the younger brother warns, waving to catch the attention of a hive droid.
"Sorry tae keep ye waitin', Mister Hivemind, sir. We're ready naow."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3845
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 7:15 pm
Friendly chap, he thought to himself before answering, "Who I am and how I got here is not important at the moment. What is important is that right now? You need protection from the so-called Champions that are about ready to breach your little safe haven for who knows why and I'm here to offer my services," As he spoke, he reached into his jacket and pulled out the sphere he was given and held it in plain view, "Let me in and I will not only protect you and everyone in there, but I have some tech here from the Beacon that Hivemind gave me a while ago as a last act to get me to change my ways that I believe can be of some use to you."
"I'd say who you are is very important! How do we know this isn't a trap? What kind of tech do you got there? Some kind of spying device?" the person at the door shouted.

There was another voice in the background too muffled to hear.

"You absolutely sure...? Fired?" the guard said. There was more muffled speaking. "Fine. But I've got my eye on you, wolf."

The door opened, and Hawk was allowed inside.

-------------------------------
Buster wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:13 am
"You want me following your orders, fine, I charge 10 Chir per target, triple for live captures, and no alternate payment. Pay it or you let me hunt my way." were hivemind to look up the term she used, he'd find references in talya's database to a platinum alloy some races use for currency, that label specifically referring to the bars. "oh, and get your logic matrix fixed i dont want to hear about conspiracy theories."
"You'll get your payment and then some." Hivemind said. "But only if they come out alive. We need what they know, and they're of no use to me dead. You won't see a single Chir if you kill any of your targets, understood?"
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:43 pm
"If you're here," Corp advised Shaska, "then you're here. No theory about it. Let's get this done." He looked to Liz and Lewis. " I'd say 'stay behind me, Captain', but I know that's not going to happen..." He was ready for the assault.
Legotron123 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:12 pm
Liz and Lewis just rolled their eyes at Shaska's refusal to believe what was going on, simply standing there ready to go. "Got it. We're good to go whenever you're ready.
"Right. I'm opening the door and looping the security cameras now. Keep your eyes open and your head on a swivel. Look out for any guards. Don't let them spot you."

With that, the door into the tunnels below the office building opened.

-------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:43 pm
Quite a few things to look at, Jenny told Quint whilst she raced across the underside of a ceiling, twisting down the wall and through a tunnel before giving a miniature witness in their miniature city a wave in passing. Bit bigger than a bottle, she thought, but same principle.
The tunnels continue on for hundreds of miles, looping through all of the Beacon's districts.

-------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:43 pm
Keeva chuckled. "Yeah, I could do with watching a fun punch up. I wonder if they sell Hot Dogs and popcorn? You need to recharge or anything?"
"I don't think there are enough hot dogs on the Beacon to recharge my batteries with." Predator said as he flew through the Capitol District's skyline towards the stadium. "I'll just stop by a scrap yard and get something there after the match."

-------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:43 pm
"Mr Nocturl can always share my seat," Golten offered. "Not like he's going to have to squeeze in?"
"I'm..." Jenevive's ears folded back somewhat as she looked to the Lycan. "Is that a good idea," she asked.
"Well that depends." Nocturl said mischievously. He 'licked' his ghostly finger and made like he was going to stick it into Golten's ear as a 'wet willy' prank, but instead the ghost stuck his whole arm through Golten's head. The resulting sensation was similar to having a river of ice flow through his head. Nocturl quickly removed his arm. "If you for some reason think it would be fun to feel like that everywhere for several hours straight, we could share a seat. Otherwise, I think I'll just get my own seat to haunt."

-------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:43 pm
Hannabelle eliminated another opponent.
So did Gear. The two elderly snipers had accumulated over one hundred times the points the teenagers did.

-------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:12 pm
"Sounds good to me. I won't need Quinn's help to win at this!" Kolt said boastfully, though it was clear he meant it in good fun. He picked up one of the pistols and stood in front of the target range."Ready whenever you are."
Eira grinned and threw out her ice prosthetic arm. Her fingers turned into wickedly sharp icicles that separated from her hand and flung out at the targets, each of the five fingers hitting a separate target. "Powers, not pistols." She laughed.

-------------------------------
Neon Icy Wings wrote:
Sat Jun 12, 2021 9:55 pm
Tatiana watched as the two fighters entered the arena. Finally seeing the two for herself she tried to think on who would win, but the more she wracked her brain the more she didn't know which way to lean. Specialty versus variety, mobility versus defense. Tatiana in the end felt she was unequipped to decide, the fight before her would be dictated by the small decisions made in the heat of the moment; if Wyvern could use his variety to exploit Kite's specialty, or if Kite could outlast Wyvern and counter the attempts to get behind his defenses. She threw some popcorn into her metal jaw, eager to see where things go.
The match began and Wyvern made the first move. The dragon-like hero leaped into the air and started flying closer towards the center of the arena where the river was.

Kite responded by fortifying himself in the rocky terrain. He raised his shields and braced himself between a number of boulders.

Once Wyvern was past the water, he unleashed a stream of fire at the forest on Kite's side of the field, lighting it up in a raging inferno.

"It looks like Wyvern has decided to cut off Kite's ability to advance towards the water, preventing him from accessing the region of the battleground that would help him against Wyvern's fire!" the announcer said.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2680
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 12:17 am
"I'd say who you are is very important! How do we know this isn't a trap? What kind of tech do you got there? Some kind of spying device?" the person at the door shouted.

There was another voice in the background too muffled to hear.

"You absolutely sure...? Fired?" the guard said. There was more muffled speaking. "Fine. But I've got my eye on you, wolf."

The door opened, and Hawk was allowed inside.
Heading inside, Hawk handed the sphere to a nearby guard and told him that, inside, were microbots Hivemind was going to use to spy on them and give his team an advantage they love to have over their enemies, along with assuring them that he was indeed fired and told them of the team ready to come in to get them. "I don't know why they want you lot and, frankly, I really don't care. Those 'champions' are nothing more then a glorified space police with delusions of grandeur flying around their heads. I don't know how long we got before they breach yours door and I'm the only thing standing between life imprisonment so, if you don't want to live your life as prisoners within Hivemind's walls, I suggest you do what I say. I can guarantee you all safe passage to a planet where I know you will be safe and free from their meddling and I can guarantee you all those champions won't bother you." To many, including Hivemind if Hawk had let him in via the microbots, this would seem like Hawk was really betraying the Champions. This was far from the truth as Hawk's plan included making the folks inside the bunker trust him and getting them off-world, something he did many times throughout the years for some of his targets. But if this plan was to succeed, then Hivemind nor the other Champions could know what he was going to do as that would undermine everything and would result in unwanted bloodshed. As for the other team that Hivemind had stationed outside, Hawk had a plan for dealing with them as well, involving the taser-rounds in his sawed-offs.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 12666
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp led the way back in, silently heading down and hoping the new guy...girl...whatever understood the general hand signals. Particularly those for 'stay back'. He had the scanners running and his ears as back up.
------------------------
"It's quite a place, isn't it," Keeva asked, 'looking out' at the Capital district.
----------------------
Golten shivered. "I'm not a Polar," he complained. "Don't think I'd like the brain freeze."
"Didn't know you could get brain freeze without a brain," Corvis muttered, earning a sly grin from Jaken.
----------------------
Hannabelle sniped another that she'd seen picking on a younger member of some species or other. She slid in close to the youth. "Don't keep running," she told him. "Find a good position and snipe." She glanced behind her for a second. "Check behind you every few seconds but let them come to you." She sniped another target that revealed itself and, knowing Gear was watching her rear, backed away from the kid quickly, making sure she was still 'covering' him. Just in case...
----------------------
I know you're not one for emotions, Jenny remarked to Quint as she skidded into a turn, but are there any you prefer? Oh, as for 'bottle cities'? I'll have to show you an old, animated, superpower film later. Summat the IOC agent used to show me. Said it inspired him as this hero's kinda the 'gold standard' type? ((Superman:- Unbound))
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3845
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Sun Jun 13, 2021 10:44 pm
Cailean groans and rolls his eyes, followed a moment later by Conall as Cailean translates the Geordie's words.
"Ah'll hae ye barred yerself if ye keep makin' jokes like tha'." the younger brother warns, waving to catch the attention of a hive droid.
"Sorry tae keep ye waitin', Mister Hivemind, sir. We're ready naow."
(Posting this because I missed responding to it)

Hivemind gave a nod to the brothers. "Alright then. Follow me, and I'll take you to the Holo-training room." He gestured for them to follow him, approached the nearest portal door, and entered the code for the Champion Tower lower levels.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
Buster
Game Master
Posts: 5379
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Σ Disturbing Exploding Face

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Buster »

She spends several minutes checking over her weapons as she follows, switching out the coils, charges, and ammo canisters to less lethal varieties. which has the side benefits of revealing just how many weapons she has hidden behind sliding plates on her armor. it's amazing just how many places you can hide a throwing knife or a disc-grenade, to say nothing of the twin plasma pistols, sword, and shotgun. even if the sword is just a hilt sitting on a charger inside her gauntlet at the moment.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4030
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt put the pistol down, quietly wondering why it was there as he grabbed a nearby container of tennis balls. Several of the balls gained a purple glow and started rising out of the bin. Kolt threw one of them at a target experimentally, then started throwing the others more seriously, trying to hit as many targets as he could.
--
I DO have emotions, they are just not experienced as strongly for me as they are with others. Quint corrected Jenny. And I think the obvious answer is joy, but I do like to experience tension now and then.
--
As soon as Hivemind opened the door, Lewis and Liz moved in, heading down the stairs into the tunnels. Once there, they kept close to the walls, peering around corners and keeping their eyes out for guards.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3845
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:38 am
Heading inside, Hawk handed the sphere to a nearby guard and told him that, inside, were microbots Hivemind was going to use to spy on them and give his team an advantage they love to have over their enemies, along with assuring them that he was indeed fired and told them of the team ready to come in to get them. "I don't know why they want you lot and, frankly, I really don't care. Those 'champions' are nothing more then a glorified space police with delusions of grandeur flying around their heads. I don't know how long we got before they breach yours door and I'm the only thing standing between life imprisonment so, if you don't want to live your life as prisoners within Hivemind's walls, I suggest you do what I say. I can guarantee you all safe passage to a planet where I know you will be safe and free from their meddling and I can guarantee you all those champions won't bother you." To many, including Hivemind if Hawk had let him in via the microbots, this would seem like Hawk was really betraying the Champions. This was far from the truth as Hawk's plan included making the folks inside the bunker trust him and getting them off-world, something he did many times throughout the years for some of his targets. But if this plan was to succeed, then Hivemind nor the other Champions could know what he was going to do as that would undermine everything and would result in unwanted bloodshed. As for the other team that Hivemind had stationed outside, Hawk had a plan for dealing with them as well, involving the taser-rounds in his sawed-offs.
The Celican guard considered Hawk. The fox-like alien was lean and scarred, and he carried a gun only found on Monta Weapontech elite soldiers. Though he lacked the advanced armor of one of the Monta soldiers, he looked like he could have been one at some point. "Alright." he said. "You secure us a way out of here. We'll clean up here and-"

"I apologize for interrupting." A rather lanky and small Celican in a lab coat stepped forward. He wore thick glasses that made his eyes look too large for his head. And his head was rather too large for his body. "If we are leaving, I will need to ensure our data is erased... no, shooting the computers won't work. The Champions are resourceful enough to pull data from scrap if it isn't disposed of properly." The guard looked disgusted by the sight of the puny scientist.

"Fine! But make it quick! And dispose of these too." the guard barked and handed the sphere to the scientist.

"Please come with me." the small-fry scientist said to Hawk. "I may need your assistance with this."

-------------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:38 pm
Corp led the way back in, silently heading down and hoping the new guy...girl...whatever understood the general hand signals. Particularly those for 'stay back'. He had the scanners running and his ears as back up.
Buster wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:02 pm
She spends several minutes checking over her weapons as she follows, switching out the coils, charges, and ammo canisters to less lethal varieties. which has the side benefits of revealing just how many weapons she has hidden behind sliding plates on her armor. it's amazing just how many places you can hide a throwing knife or a disc-grenade, to say nothing of the twin plasma pistols, sword, and shotgun. even if the sword is just a hilt sitting on a charger inside her gauntlet at the moment.
Legotron123 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:45 am
As soon as Hivemind opened the door, Lewis and Liz moved in, heading down the stairs into the tunnels. Once there, they kept close to the walls, peering around corners and keeping their eyes out for guards.
Two of the hive droids from outside accompanied the group on their way down into the tunnels. One was a heavy droid Hivemind hoped the others could use as cover in case anything got out of hand. He hoped it wouldn't be needed. The other was one of the Boxers, close-range and fast non-lethal fighting droids with big heavy hands on powerful piston-like arms, designed to stun and push enemies to control their positions and movements.

The heavy droid was out in front, ahead of Corp. As they approached a fork in the tunnel, the droid raised a hand, indicating the group should stop. "Hold a moment. We're getting close to the shelter's location. I want eyes on the inside before we breach. I've got eyes inside, but they need activation. I have someone on the inside who can activate them, but we need to give it just a little longer for him to do so."

-------------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:38 pm
"It's quite a place, isn't it," Keeva asked, 'looking out' at the Capital district.
"Agreed." Predator said, observing the hustle and bustle down below them. "It is quite the paradise. The beauty goes deeper than the skyline. 0% hunger rate and 0% homelessness. Public Services rated #1 across the board in the terrestrial arm. The people are happy, healthy, and largely get along because grievances are resolved quickly and efficiently." The droid started to descend, hovering in midair, before landing in the parking lot of the stadium.

One thing was quite apparent. "I just realized, I am unlikely to fit in the stadium. I am nearly as tall as it is."

-------------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 2:38 pm
Hannabelle sniped another that she'd seen picking on a younger member of some species or other. She slid in close to the youth. "Don't keep running," she told him. "Find a good position and snipe." She glanced behind her for a second. "Check behind you every few seconds but let them come to you." She sniped another target that revealed itself and, knowing Gear was watching her rear, backed away from the kid quickly, making sure she was still 'covering' him. Just in case...
While Hannabelle was doing that, Gear was covering her back. He managed to snipe two people converging on her location in one shot by hitting the corner of a mirror, splitting his shot and sending it in two directions.

-------------------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:45 am
Kolt put the pistol down, quietly wondering why it was there as he grabbed a nearby container of tennis balls. Several of the balls gained a purple glow and started rising out of the bin. Kolt threw one of them at a target experimentally, then started throwing the others more seriously, trying to hit as many targets as he could.
"Not bad." Eira commented as Kolt hit the targets. "Let's see how our reflexes are."

Eira activated some more targets. These ones were fast. They popped in, flew around the room for a moment, then pulled back out of sight. Others were hidden behind obstacles and only barely peeked out for random half-second intervals. "You first this time."
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2680
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:43 pm
The Celican guard considered Hawk. The fox-like alien was lean and scarred, and he carried a gun only found on Monta Weapontech elite soldiers. Though he lacked the advanced armor of one of the Monta soldiers, he looked like he could have been one at some point. "Alright." he said. "You secure us a way out of here. We'll clean up here and-"

"I apologize for interrupting." A rather lanky and small Celican in a lab coat stepped forward. He wore thick glasses that made his eyes look too large for his head. And his head was rather too large for his body. "If we are leaving, I will need to ensure our data is erased... no, shooting the computers won't work. The Champions are resourceful enough to pull data from scrap if it isn't disposed of properly." The guard looked disgusted by the sight of the puny scientist.

"Fine! But make it quick! And dispose of these too." the guard barked and handed the sphere to the scientist.

"Please come with me." the small-fry scientist said to Hawk. "I may need your assistance with this."
Hawk nodded at the scientist, following him as he glanced at the guard tossing the sphere. Judging by the scars, it looked like this fox-thing seen some combat. Normally not a big deal as he dealt with bigger ones before, but it was the weapon that got Hawk's interests. While not having heard of Monta Weapontech until today, there was something familiar about the gun the guard held. The design and over-all look of the gun was just too similar to something he seen before but he couldn't place a finger on it. Same time, he began to have this weird little funny feeling about the guard. Like the weapon he held, the guard too seemed familiar and, like the weapon as well, Hawk couldn't place why he looked familiar. Putting that thought to the back of his mind for now, Hawk followed the little scientist to aid him on his task, all the while getting a mental feel for the area and personal inside. Looks like 'Plan B' is now in effect, Hawk thought. He was hoping to have been able to pull this off without a hitch and lead these folks into the waiting arms of the Champions. However, he had a feeling he should switch to that plan, just in case the situation decided to go south. He looked down at the scientist, whom he towered over greatly, as the traversed the bunker, "If you don't mind me asking," he then asked the wee-one, "Just what were you guys working on that got the Champions all riled up?"
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14264
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:15 pm
Hivemind gave a nod to the brothers. "Alright then. Follow me, and I'll take you to the Holo-training room." He gestured for them to follow him, approached the nearest portal door, and entered the code for the Champion Tower lower levels.
The boys obediently follow the droid.
"Sae... Are powers common in this universe then? Or did th' Steelhaven just get lucky?" Cailean asks to break the silence.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 12666
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Nice to know you know they don't have any surveillance devices you can't detect," Corp muttered, just loud enough for the group to hear, as he stayed ready for action.
---------------------
"Remember earlier," Keeva queried, "when I suggested you see about a me sized drone you could use?" She shrugged, which still seemed strange with a metal arm, even if it was, currently, simulated. "This is the sort of thing I meant, Pred.
Is it on vid... uh, TV?
"
--------------------
"Helping out," Hannabelle said, shooting one approaching from behind Gear. "And you're a showoff," she grinned.
-------------------
Sarah followed on behind the boys.
------------------
Probably should go watch the fights, then, Jenny 'said', Kolt's probably signed up so you can feel me tense up when he's fighting and the joy when he wins. She turned the bike back the way they'd come and took it to maximum speed.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Buster
Game Master
Posts: 5379
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:26 pm
Location: Σ Disturbing Exploding Face

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Buster »

Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:25 pm
"Nice to know you know they don't have any surveillance devices you can't detect," Corp muttered, just loud enough for the group to hear, as he stayed ready for action.

"wonder if his idea of properly disarming a trap is smashing his head into it?"
shaska asks corp with a chuckle.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.

User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Taitana hummed and munched on popcorn as the fight began. "Smart, if Wyvern can force Kite into a corner or box him in, then Wyvern could have full control of the flow of combat." She mainly focused her vision on Kite, interested to see how the champion would respond and if he could counter attack.

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4030
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt gave a brief nod, before starting to throw the tennis balls again. He seemed to miss a few more this time, less due to the speed if his reflexes and more due to the speed of the balls.
--
I believe there is still an hour or so until the fights start, but if you wanted to go early to get snacks and pick some good seats, I suppose we could do that.
--
Liz and Lewis kept their eyes and ears open, ready for any potential surprise attackers.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3845
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:
Sun Jun 27, 2021 6:42 pm
Hawk nodded at the scientist, following him as he glanced at the guard tossing the sphere. Judging by the scars, it looked like this fox-thing seen some combat. Normally not a big deal as he dealt with bigger ones before, but it was the weapon that got Hawk's interests. While not having heard of Monta Weapontech until today, there was something familiar about the gun the guard held. The design and over-all look of the gun was just too similar to something he seen before but he couldn't place a finger on it. Same time, he began to have this weird little funny feeling about the guard. Like the weapon he held, the guard too seemed familiar and, like the weapon as well, Hawk couldn't place why he looked familiar. Putting that thought to the back of his mind for now, Hawk followed the little scientist to aid him on his task, all the while getting a mental feel for the area and personal inside. Looks like 'Plan B' is now in effect, Hawk thought. He was hoping to have been able to pull this off without a hitch and lead these folks into the waiting arms of the Champions. However, he had a feeling he should switch to that plan, just in case the situation decided to go south. He looked down at the scientist, whom he towered over greatly, as the traversed the bunker, "If you don't mind me asking," he then asked the wee-one, "Just what were you guys working on that got the Champions all riled up?"
"Not now." the small scientist hissed at Hawk. "In here." he said, walking into a room filled with computers and security monitors. Once Hawk was inside, the scientist shut the door. Without saying a word, he set the sphere down on the table, pressed a button on the side, and opened it up. There didn't appear to be droids inside... it looked almost like dust. Except for unlike dust, this substance lifted out of the sphere of it's own accord and dissipated in the air around them.

The scientist moved over to a computer where he appeared to be chatting with someone. <The servailence fog is released. Guards want to leave. Will stall as long as I can.>

To which, the person on the other end responded.

<Do not let them leave. Ensure all scientists are working on cleanup. The wolf is with us. Inform him of what is happening.>

The scientist backed off of the computer. "Alright, here's the deal. If we try to leave, the guards are going to kill all of us academics. Now that the experiment is scrapped and the company is toast, they're going to want to cut their losses and make sure none of us can rat on them or identify them. The only reason we haven't already been killed is because I told them we need to erase our research. I've been backing up all evidence of what we've been doing here for years, so it doesn't matter if the stuff here gets erased." The scientist said. "The moment Hivemind took over our security system, I knew the gig was up. I don't care about his heroics. I don't care about the champions or whatever their goals are. I don't even care if they arrest me. Right now, I care about getting out of this pit in one piece, and they're our ticket out. I need you to go and make sure the other scientists are working hard... or at least looking like they're working hard... on erasing evidence that might incriminate the company execs. Again, I've got all evidence backed up, so it doesn't matter if they do erase it."

The scientist shook his head. "That's all I'm telling you. If you somehow reveal you know more about our operations here than you should, they'll know I told you and me and my colleagues are as good as dead."

------------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:05 am
The boys obediently follow the droid.
"Sae... Are powers common in this universe then? Or did th' Steelhaven just get lucky?" Cailean asks to break the silence.
"It depends on where you go and what species you are. On some planets, everybody has a power. Usually it's a species-specific power. Other planets have next to no supernatural powers at all. They tend to be rather surprised when they join the interstellar community. Some species, such as humans, are prone to the kinds of mutations and glitches that generate powers. Others, like Corytophians, are resistant to those glitches and so rarely if ever develop powers. Other species, such as the Saints and the Varanians, have a power that is attached to their genome and that all members of their species have."

Hivemind walked down the hallway and opened the door to the armory which was adjacent to the AR Training room. "You won't be training with weapons, but this is the armory. The training room is just through the doors at the far end." Hivemind said.

------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:25 pm
"Nice to know you know they don't have any surveillance devices you can't detect," Corp muttered, just loud enough for the group to hear, as he stayed ready for action.
Buster wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 12:05 am
"wonder if his idea of properly disarming a trap is smashing his head into it?"[/color] shaska asks corp with a chuckle.
"I am inside of their security system. I can not only tell where all devices are from reading their databases, I can control their security system as well. That was how I opened the door, remember?" Hivemind said, signaling they should move on. "I've got eyes on the inside now. Looks like this tunnel splits up ahead. If we go straight, then take a left, there's a hidden emergency exit with low security. I can hack the door and we'll be inside and on top of them before they have the ability to respond."

------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:25 pm
"Remember earlier," Keeva queried, "when I suggested you see about a me sized drone you could use?" She shrugged, which still seemed strange with a metal arm, even if it was, currently, simulated. "This is the sort of thing I meant, Pred.
Is it on vid... uh, TV?
"
"I believe it is." Predator said before walking back to the parking lot. He parked himself there, camouflaged himself, then tuned his cockpit monitor to display the live feed from the match itself. The fight was in progress, and it was Wyvern vs Kite.
Neon Icy Wings wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 1:35 pm
Taitana hummed and munched on popcorn as the fight began. "Smart, if Wyvern can force Kite into a corner or box him in, then Wyvern could have full control of the flow of combat." She mainly focused her vision on Kite, interested to see how the champion would respond and if he could counter attack.
Kite seemed unfazed by having his movement limited. He stood back, keeping himself braced among the rocks as Wyvern flew forward. Wyvern shot a stream of fire at Kite, but Kite raised his giant shield and intercepted the blast.

"And Kite blocks the shot! As hot as Wyvern's fire is, it has no effect on Kite's heavy shield!" the announcer cried out.

Wyvern continued the stream of fire, launching the flames at the ground around the heavier hero, essentially locking Kite into a single place, unless Kite wanted to run through the fire.

"Wyvern lights the field on fire, but Kite continues to shrug it off like a typical summer heat wave! These ranged attacks don't appear to be having much of an effect against Kite's advanced defensive stance!"

"Seems like Kite doesn't care if he gets locked in place... Whatever he's planning doesn't rely on mobility, but on endurance and patience." Recon commented.

------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:25 pm
"Helping out," Hannabelle said, shooting one approaching from behind Gear. "And you're a showoff," she grinned.
"Nah, That ain't showin' off." Gear grinned back. He then lifted his light gun, and fired it at a mirror. The light bounced from mirror to mirror, turning from a single laser into a whole laser grid before striking a light-activated trap on the field. The trap lit up, then launched lasers in every direction. Gear pressed down on the top of Hannabelle's head to get her to duck out of the way. By the time they stood up again, half of their opposing players had been hit and Gear's points skyrocketed. "THAT was showin' off." he laughed.

------------------------------------

The Lycan led the group out of the theme park towards the portal door to the arena. The boys, their mother, and Nocturl followed closely behind him. Randy picked up his phone. "Seems there's already a match going on. Hope there's still tickets left." he said.

------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:10 pm
Kolt gave a brief nod, before starting to throw the tennis balls again. He seemed to miss a few more this time, less due to the speed if his reflexes and more due to the speed of the balls.
The speed the targets were moving didn't seem to bother Eira much. She didn't need to use her eyes to see where they were. She could feel which ones were moving based on the water in the air that got displaced as the targets moved. As such, she could tell which ones were about to appear before they ever showed up, and she managed to knock all of her targets down with icicles fired like homing missiles.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 12666
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp gave Shaska a short smile to indicate he'd heard her joke and made to lead the way. He kept his movements measured and assured, keeping his senses on alert. People seemed to keep telling him he could trust Hivemind but it rarely came easy for him, trusting someone who seemed to hold all the cards. As far as Corp was concerned, if you had six cards and four of them were Kings, there wasn't much use for the five of Hearts...
---------------------------
Keeva watched the fight from inside her friend, oohing and grimacing at appropriate points, whilst trying not to put her 'feet' on the 'dash'.
--------------------------
Hannabelle grinned as she simply straight shotted one of the others. "Reckon they're gonna chuck us out soon?"
------------------------
Jenevive walked with Randy as, behind them, Jaken, Golten and Corvis walked, almost mistakable for brothers. Jaken bowed to a girl of about hisa ge... at least he HOPED she was about his age... and hoped she was a girl at that and followed the group in.
------------------------
Hah, Jenny 'laughed', speeding back to their entry point at speeds that would have most traffic cops reaching for the blues and twos, you just want me to get Hot Wings!
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2680
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:33 pm
"Not now." the small scientist hissed at Hawk. "In here." he said, walking into a room filled with computers and security monitors. Once Hawk was inside, the scientist shut the door. Without saying a word, he set the sphere down on the table, pressed a button on the side, and opened it up. There didn't appear to be droids inside... it looked almost like dust. Except for unlike dust, this substance lifted out of the sphere of it's own accord and dissipated in the air around them.

The scientist moved over to a computer where he appeared to be chatting with someone. <The servailence fog is released. Guards want to leave. Will stall as long as I can.>

To which, the person on the other end responded.

<Do not let them leave. Ensure all scientists are working on cleanup. The wolf is with us. Inform him of what is happening.>

The scientist backed off of the computer. "Alright, here's the deal. If we try to leave, the guards are going to kill all of us academics. Now that the experiment is scrapped and the company is toast, they're going to want to cut their losses and make sure none of us can rat on them or identify them. The only reason we haven't already been killed is because I told them we need to erase our research. I've been backing up all evidence of what we've been doing here for years, so it doesn't matter if the stuff here gets erased." The scientist said. "The moment Hivemind took over our security system, I knew the gig was up. I don't care about his heroics. I don't care about the champions or whatever their goals are. I don't even care if they arrest me. Right now, I care about getting out of this pit in one piece, and they're our ticket out. I need you to go and make sure the other scientists are working hard... or at least looking like they're working hard... on erasing evidence that might incriminate the company execs. Again, I've got all evidence backed up, so it doesn't matter if they do erase it."

The scientist shook his head. "That's all I'm telling you. If you somehow reveal you know more about our operations here than you should, they'll know I told you and me and my colleagues are as good as dead."
Hawk nodded as the scientist explained the situation at hand, glancing around the room and getting a feel for the location. The room reminded him of a job he did before coming to the Beacon, though not as impressive and lacked the scorch marks and bullet holes the other place had. He then spotted a lab coat hanging on a nearby chair that looked to be about his size. An idea then came to Hawk, one that while not part of any of his plans, could offer some breathing room for the folks in the bunker and take some of the heat off of the Champion when they enter the area. Risky, he thought as he took his jacket and hat off and placed them on a nearby table and throwing the lab coat on, but it could work. Allowing his OtherSide to quickly take over his sight, they scanned the area and spotted a nearby exit that would work perfectly. Grabbing some non-important items, including an empty glass bottle, from the table, to help with the illusion, he looked over at the scientist, "Stay here," he said as he walked towards the door, "And don't touch the jacket or hat." He opened the door and peered out to make sure there was at least one guard at the ready. With a cracking of his neck, he shouted in his OtherSide's voice 'I'm out of here!' and ran towards the exit, hoping to get at least some of the guards to chase him.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4030
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

Kolt let out a slow whistle of admiration as he watched Eira take down all her targets. "Impressive. I'm going to need to increase how fast the things I throw with my power move if I want to beat your score." He said, before grabbing more tennis balls for the next round.
--
I did not actually know there was such a thing as "hot wings." I presume they are spicy? Quint asked, being sincere about not knowing about them beforehand.
--
Liz and Lewis followed Hiveminds instructions and headed towards the hidden door, with Liz starting to shift into her Varanian form in preparation for what was likely to come next.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14264
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

CyberDragon wrote:
Sun Jul 04, 2021 3:33 pm
Hivemind walked down the hallway and opened the door to the armory which was adjacent to the AR Training room. "You won't be training with weapons, but this is the armory. The training room is just through the doors at the far end." Hivemind said.
"Dae ye think if we went back tae our universe we'd keep our powers? Or would we lose them again?" Cailean asks before following the droid into the armoury.
"Woah. Ah dinnae think Ah've ever seen sae many weapons in one place. Ah dinnae even ken what they all dae."

Conall sniffs at the room with some interest, but not as much as Cailean. He taps Hivemind on the shoulder for attention.
"It's definitely impressive." he signs.
"Ah prefer tae fight wi' ma paws though. Did we ever tell ye Ah'm a second-dan jujutsu-ka? Actually, come tae think o' it" Conall pauses and turns to Sarah.
"Did we ever tell YE tha', Sarah?"
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3845
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

SeanWolf wrote:
Fri Jul 09, 2021 2:39 pm
Hawk nodded as the scientist explained the situation at hand, glancing around the room and getting a feel for the location. The room reminded him of a job he did before coming to the Beacon, though not as impressive and lacked the scorch marks and bullet holes the other place had. He then spotted a lab coat hanging on a nearby chair that looked to be about his size. An idea then came to Hawk, one that while not part of any of his plans, could offer some breathing room for the folks in the bunker and take some of the heat off of the Champion when they enter the area. Risky, he thought as he took his jacket and hat off and placed them on a nearby table and throwing the lab coat on, but it could work. Allowing his OtherSide to quickly take over his sight, they scanned the area and spotted a nearby exit that would work perfectly. Grabbing some non-important items, including an empty glass bottle, from the table, to help with the illusion, he looked over at the scientist, "Stay here," he said as he walked towards the door, "And don't touch the jacket or hat." He opened the door and peered out to make sure there was at least one guard at the ready. With a cracking of his neck, he shouted in his OtherSide's voice 'I'm out of here!' and ran towards the exit, hoping to get at least some of the guards to chase him.
"HEY! YOU!" one of the guards outside the room shouted and raised his gun. "We've got a runner! Don't let him escape!" he barked to the other guards. In seconds, nine guards were chasing Hawk down, firing shots at him. Given the accuracy, or lack thereof, they seemed to be warning shots at first. Hawk would encounter other guards bursting out of rooms along his path, trying to stop him and block his path. Of course, none of them had powers and so weren't particularly effective at doing so...

"NEXT SHOT IS TO YOUR HEAD! RETURN TO YOUR WORK IMMEDIATELY!" the guard, who appeared to be the rough looking one Hawk encountered before, demanded.

- - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:45 am
Corp gave Shaska a short smile to indicate he'd heard her joke and made to lead the way. He kept his movements measured and assured, keeping his senses on alert. People seemed to keep telling him he could trust Hivemind but it rarely came easy for him, trusting someone who seemed to hold all the cards. As far as Corp was concerned, if you had six cards and four of them were Kings, there wasn't much use for the five of Hearts...
Legotron123 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:47 pm
Liz and Lewis followed Hiveminds instructions and headed towards the hidden door, with Liz starting to shift into her Varanian form in preparation for what was likely to come next.
The team stacked up at the hidden entrance and prepared to breach. "We have most guards chasing a diversion right now. They are about to pass by the hidden exit. Once they've passed, we go in quiet. Two guards remain watching over the scientists. We take them down first and secure the scientists before our presence is known and raises alarms, then we move towards the other guards to neutralize the threat.. Shaska and I will lead. Corp, you're in back. Keep your head on a swivel. As a reminder, we want all of them alive."

Hivemind waited another few seconds for the guards to rush past the hidden door and out of sight. "Three, two, one, breach!"

The door hissed and Hivemind pushed it open quickly and quietly. He could hear the guards to the left, and knew the passage to the right would lead to the scientists. He gestured to move right.

-------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:45 am
Keeva watched the fight from inside her friend, oohing and grimacing at appropriate points, whilst trying not to put her 'feet' on the 'dash'.
Wyvern kept up the attacks from afar, but for every attack he launched, Kite blocked it with his shield. Wyvern was starting to realize he would have to deal with the shield if any of his attacks were going to do a thing. He dropped into a dive, flying straight at Kite, using his momentum to power up a strike launched straight at the shield...

Kite jumped to the side, taking the damage stepping into the flames caused, but resulting in Wyvern's strike hitting the rock behind him. The rock exploded into pieces. Kite used the momentum from his dodge, spinning around and slamming Wyvern hard with his shield. Wyvern was knocked back into the air, but he caught himself and flipped, getting airborne under his own power... then immediately had to dodge and weave as Kite had knocked stone shards towards him that broke from the rock Wyvern hit.

One of the stones struck Wyvern's left wing in his shoulder joint. He started to spiral down to the ground...

-------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:45 am
Hannabelle grinned as she simply straight shotted one of the others. "Reckon they're gonna chuck us out soon?"
"Nah. They won't need to." Gear said as the lights came on in the arena. "Time's up. Wanna go another round? Or somethin' else?"

-------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:45 am
Jenevive walked with Randy as, behind them, Jaken, Golten and Corvis walked, almost mistakable for brothers. Jaken bowed to a girl of about hisa ge... at least he HOPED she was about his age... and hoped she was a girl at that and followed the group in.
Randy got in line to buy the tickets. Because the matches had already started, there weren't as many people in line as there could be. In a few minutes, Randy had all of the tickets they needed, and the group was walking along the souvenir and food stalls on their way to seating section E10... the "nosebleed section," unfortunately. Downside of buying last minute tickets.

-------------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:
Sat Jul 10, 2021 6:47 pm
Kolt let out a slow whistle of admiration as he watched Eira take down all her targets. "Impressive. I'm going to need to increase how fast the things I throw with my power move if I want to beat your score." He said, before grabbing more tennis balls for the next round.
"It's not about speed. It's about predicting where they're going to be. Try reaching out with your telekinesis if you can. Feel where things are, and where they're going. Practice that, and it doesn't matter if the target is hidden. You'll know the right time to strike." Eira suggested.

-------------------------------------------
Hlaoroo wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:54 am
"Dae ye think if we went back tae our universe we'd keep our powers? Or would we lose them again?" Cailean asks before following the droid into the armoury.
"Woah. Ah dinnae think Ah've ever seen sae many weapons in one place. Ah dinnae even ken what they all dae."

Conall sniffs at the room with some interest, but not as much as Cailean. He taps Hivemind on the shoulder for attention.
"It's definitely impressive." he signs.
"Ah prefer tae fight wi' ma paws though. Did we ever tell ye Ah'm a second-dan jujutsu-ka? Actually, come tae think o' it" Conall pauses and turns to Sarah.
"Did we ever tell YE tha', Sarah?"
"The nature of your powers is that they are connected to what are known as 'glitches.' Whether you would keep them or not depends on whether the glitch giving you your powers persists. If the glitch local to you is significant enough, it can result in the power remaining when you go back. If it's a lesser glitch that relies on our universe's instability, then your powers would not work in a more stable universe."

Hivemind turned to Conall. "You didn't mention, but I will keep it in mind. What kind of training would you like to do by the way? Scenario? Targets? General sandbox style?" Hivemind asked both brothers as well as Sarah.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana chuckled, "The advantage of strong defense and patience. Now let's see if Wyvern can bounce back or if Kite can keep momentum." She took a bite out of a wing, eager to see which side could poke more holes of opportunity into the others strategy.

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2680
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:54 pm
"HEY! YOU!" one of the guards outside the room shouted and raised his gun. "We've got a runner! Don't let him escape!" he barked to the other guards. In seconds, nine guards were chasing Hawk down, firing shots at him. Given the accuracy, or lack thereof, they seemed to be warning shots at first. Hawk would encounter other guards bursting out of rooms along his path, trying to stop him and block his path. Of course, none of them had powers and so weren't particularly effective at doing so...
Ignoring the order, Hawk kept his head down and ran, not even being phased by the shots whizzing by him. Any guard that tried to stop this "defenseless scientist" he'd plow right through like a Football player, knocking a few to the ground with a satisfying thud and using the items he had on hand to help with the takedowns and being careful not to kill any (as his strength, combined with the items he had grabbed, could very well resulted in one)...

CyberDragon wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:54 pm
"NEXT SHOT IS TO YOUR HEAD! RETURN TO YOUR WORK IMMEDIATELY!" the guard, who appeared to be the rough looking one Hawk encountered before, demanded.
...Hawk just smirked as he slowed to a stop, slowly turning around to face the guards, who would end up being surprised at who this 'scientist' actually was. Like a famous smuggler from a far away galaxy, Hawk shrugged with a smile towards the guards, "Surprise," then waited for the opportune moment to draw, his targets being the guards weapons.
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 12666
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Corp nodded and, after giving Shaska a 'thumbs up' symbol - hoping it wasn't an insult to her - moved to the back of the troop, ready to fight. He kept his weapon moving as his helmet helped him make out lifesigns as he moved right but kept looking back towards the other passage. "Shame we don't have something to bring that tunnel roof down," he opined.
-----------------
Hannabelle grinned. "Think that's up to them," she said, inclining her head towards the others in the battlezone before kissing Gear.
----------------
"If I were allowed my power," Golten said, 'innocently', as they headed for their seats, "I could watch from inside the fighters!"
"Which is why he shouldn't be allowed it, wouldn't you say, Mr Nocturl," Jenevive said, asking the ghost so it wasn't like she was a bit spooked by him.
Corvis, for his part, was looking at the wording on the floor that indicated the levels. The word for 'level' was in several different languages he'd never seen before but he could now read it in any of those languages. He was happy to learn.
------------------
Sarah grinned. Y'kinda left tha' out, m'lord, she signed. "Sandbox might be best," she told him.
------------------
Keeva kept watching the fight, occasionally mentioning any wrestling moves she recognised to Pred.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14264
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

"We'll hae tae spar some time then." Conall grins. Both brothers glance at each other after Hivemind asks his question.
"Which dae ye suggest, sir? Yer th' one that's runnin' this trainin'." Conall asks.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
Legotron123
Posts: 4030
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Location: Colorado, missing Michigan

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Legotron123 »

"That's not a bad idea. Worth giving a shot." Kolt said, getting back into position to throw some more balls. "Ready when you are."
--
Liz and Lewis moved in once the cost was clear, sneaking up on the remaining guards and putting their rifles to their backs. "Drop your weapons, and don't make any funny moves." Liz ordered in a hushed tone. "Behave, or else you'll wake up in an hour with an awful headache."
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

User avatar
CyberDragon
Moderator
Posts: 3845
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:41 am
Location: The Depths of Cyberspace

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by CyberDragon »

Neon Icy Wings wrote:
Sun Jul 11, 2021 8:20 pm
Tatiana chuckled, "The advantage of strong defense and patience. Now let's see if Wyvern can bounce back or if Kite can keep momentum." She took a bite out of a wing, eager to see which side could poke more holes of opportunity into the others strategy.
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:52 am
"If I were allowed my power," Golten said, 'innocently', as they headed for their seats, "I could watch from inside the fighters!"
"Which is why he shouldn't be allowed it, wouldn't you say, Mr Nocturl," Jenevive said, asking the ghost so it wasn't like she was a bit spooked by him.
Corvis, for his part, was looking at the wording on the floor that indicated the levels. The word for 'level' was in several different languages he'd never seen before but he could now read it in any of those languages. He was happy to learn.
------------------
Keeva kept watching the fight, occasionally mentioning any wrestling moves she recognised to Pred.
"I'd say let him have his fun." Nocturl said. "Take it from someone who knows from personal experience; Life's too short to not have fun with it."

The group reached their seats just in time to see the rest of the fight. Randy bought them all drinks and popcorn, except for Nocturl who can't eat.

In the arena, Kite was following up. With Wyvern grounded due to his injured wing, Kite closed the distance with surprising speed and smashed his full-body shield against Wyvern with his whole body weight behind the blow. Wyvern was unable to dodge, thrown off by his inability to fly, and was thrown backwards into the rocks. Kite charged forward and thrust the edge of his shield towards Wyvern like a blade, but Wyvern dodged and rolled out of the way. Kite's shield embedded in the rock behind Wyvern, and the dragon-like hero countered with a point-blank blast of fire breath that enveloped Kite.

Kite pulled against his shield. His armor and energy shields were taking damage from the fire. Wyvern took advantage of Kite's position and launched a fist straight for Kite's jaw, but Kite ducked and rolled. The roll extinguished the fire, and Wyvern's wing struck the shield, dislodging it. Kite dove forward under another blast of fire breath, grabbed the shield, and got back to his feet.

--------------------------------------------
SeanWolf wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 6:35 am
...Hawk just smirked as he slowed to a stop, slowly turning around to face the guards, who would end up being surprised at who this 'scientist' actually was. Like a famous smuggler from a far away galaxy, Hawk shrugged with a smile towards the guards, "Surprise," then waited for the opportune moment to draw, his targets being the guards weapons.
"Wh- It's a trick!" the lead guard grabbed his communication device and spoke into it. "They're here! Execute all of the eggheads and blow this place to the Hunting Grounds!"

There was nothing but static for a moment. "Greg? Talon? Do you copy?!"

Finally there was an answer. "They're already here! We need backu-"

The line went dead, replaced with static.

The lead guard turned and, without saying a word, fired a shot at Hawk's chest. "Everybody move! The Champions are in the server room!"

- - - - -
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:52 am
Corp nodded and, after giving Shaska a 'thumbs up' symbol - hoping it wasn't an insult to her - moved to the back of the troop, ready to fight. He kept his weapon moving as his helmet helped him make out lifesigns as he moved right but kept looking back towards the other passage. "Shame we don't have something to bring that tunnel roof down," he opined.
Legotron123 wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:39 am
Liz and Lewis moved in once the cost was clear, sneaking up on the remaining guards and putting their rifles to their backs. "Drop your weapons, and don't make any funny moves." Liz ordered in a hushed tone. "Behave, or else you'll wake up in an hour with an awful headache."
The two guards complied, dropping their weapons and holding their hands up. Both had an expression of absolute hatred on their faces towards the heroes who got the drop on them.

Then, the lead guard's voice sounded over their radios. "They're here! Execute all of the eggheads and blow this place to the Hunting Grounds!"

The hive droid stepped forward, between the guards and the scientists, pointing his own Amber rifle at the both of them.

The lead guard spoke over the radio again. "Greg? Talon? Do you copy?!"

The first of the two guards quickly reached down and pushed to talk. "They're already here! We need backu-"

BANG! BANG! Hivemind fired his rifle, striking both of them with amber rounds and locking them in a coccoon of the hard, sticky substance.

"I'll lock the doors. Isolate the security on the other side of the base with Hawk until we get these scientists out of here." Hivemind said to his team.

--------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:52 am
Hannabelle grinned. "Think that's up to them," she said, inclining her head towards the others in the battlezone before kissing Gear.
Gear leaned into the kiss, enjoying the feeling of Hannabelle's fuzzy lips. When the kiss was done, he looked to the teens in the area. "Y'all up for another round?" he asked. The others in the area responded with an enthusiastic 'yes'.

--------------------------------------------
Welsh Halfwit wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 10:52 am
Sarah grinned. Y'kinda left tha' out, m'lord, she signed. "Sandbox might be best," she told him.
Hlaoroo wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:22 am
"We'll hae tae spar some time then." Conall grins. Both brothers glance at each other after Hivemind asks his question.
"Which dae ye suggest, sir? Yer th' one that's runnin' this trainin'." Conall asks.
"I agree with Sarah. The simulation might be a bit intense for a first run. Let's work on basic practice first." Hivemind led the three into the simulation area. Inside, the walls, floor, and ceiling were made of some kind of grid. In the middle of the room were two tables. One held a computer on it, the other was empty but made of metal.

"Here's the idea I had. Conall, you get on that computer and look up some fireworks online. When you find something you like, use your powers to pull a copy of it from the digital screen out into the real world. Then Cailen, use your power to light the fuse." Hivemind said and signed.

--------------------------------------------
Legotron123 wrote:
Sat Jul 17, 2021 8:39 am
"That's not a bad idea. Worth giving a shot." Kolt said, getting back into position to throw some more balls. "Ready when you are."
Eira nodded. "Alright. This round's for you. Try out what I suggested, and we'll see how it works with you." she said. She pressed the switch, and the targets started moving again.
"It's not my job to seek the truth.
It's not my job to pick a side.
It's not my job to judge your sins.
It's my job to save your life."
-Champion Motto

Game Master for Beacon of Hope. The one and only superhero RP! Join here!

User avatar
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics
Posts: 2680
Joined: Wed May 21, 2014 4:51 pm
Location: The Realm Of Metal...near Valhalla

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by SeanWolf »

CyberDragon wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:05 pm
"Wh- It's a trick!" the lead guard grabbed his communication device and spoke into it. "They're here! Execute all of the eggheads and blow this place to the Hunting Grounds!"

There was nothing but static for a moment. "Greg? Talon? Do you copy?!"

Finally there was an answer. "They're already here! We need backu-"

The line went dead, replaced with static.

The lead guard turned and, without saying a word, fired a shot at Hawk's chest. "Everybody move! The Champions are in the server room!"
The shot left a good sized wound on Hawk's chest. Usually fatal, here it was more of an annoyance. Seriously, Hawk thought with a roll of his eyes. Then, in a swift motion, he dropped the items he was carrying and pulled out his revolvers and fired a few rounds past them. "Drop the guns and get on your knees right now!" he shouted, his OtherSide adding to his voice to give it a more menacing sound, "Unlike these 'Champions', I will not hesitate to end you!" A simple bluff as he had zero intention to kill at this point (not unless one of the guards decides to try to play 'hero').
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

User avatar
Welsh Halfwit
Posts: 12666
Joined: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:09 am
Location: Wales, a luverrly land with noisy neighbours.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

"Right," Corp said, moving forward to take up a position in cover where he could prevent guards approaching from Hawk's direction. He put himself in a position where he could protect the rear but chose to order.... ah ask... Lewis to cover the rear.
----------------------
The boys watched the fight, Golten and Jaken with more enthusiasm than Corvis, who was slightly busier watching the other people around him and wondering how many languages they spoke.
-----------------------
"Should we let them score a hit this time," Hannabelle muttered to Gear, under cover of the cheering.
-----------------------
Jenny brought the bike to a swift halt next to the entrance to the tunnels, stopping on the front wheel before dropping back onto the both. Not as spicy as you like, she admitted, and I can still taste that burger by the way. She chuckled, taking the bike back through the passages to her home base in a much more sedate fashion.
----------------------
"Start wi' sparkl'rs," Sarah advised, crossing her arms.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)

User avatar
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!
Posts: 14264
Joined: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:09 am
Location: Down under Down Under
Contact:

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Hlaoroo »

Cailean crosses his arms and pokes his tongue out at Sarah as Conall browses through the catalogue on the computer.
"Spoilsport." he complains before turning to Hivemind.
"Haow dae Ah light it though, sir? Mah power blows things up. It doesnae start fires."
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Image

User avatar
Neon Icy Wings
Game Master
Posts: 1497
Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:50 am
Location: The deeps of my own mind. Also Texas.

Re: Non-HPU: Beacon of Hope

Post by Neon Icy Wings »

Tatiana hummed, liking how the fight really began to heat up. "It seems Wyvern is running out of options. While Kite isn't in the best position, I think Wyvern needs a good few openings or Kite can take this."

Post Reply