Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Harry Johnathan

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Harry Johnathan »

SORROW: My dog is acting strange. She growls whenever someone touches her nose, is jumping and prancing and whining about, desperately wants to be noticed and scratched on the back. This has been going on for hours. She's insatiable. I think she might be pregnant. I don't know. God help us.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: After raining for a few days the weather is starting to clear up!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Had a talk with my son today. He's an adopted Korean and, with all the ka-rap going on in the country lately, he's been feeling kinda down. Los Angeles has a pretty large Korean community (well, name an Asian nationality and there's a lot of them there - a Persian friend of mine calls the city "Iran-geles") which he and his missus fit into. But, with all the pandemic tensions, it's been tough.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My ORS counselor says that I am very ready and capable of taking the next step to get a job!
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:00 am Had a talk with my son today. He's an adopted Korean and, with all the ka-rap going on in the country lately, he's been feeling kinda down. Los Angeles has a pretty large Korean community (well, name an Asian nationality and there's a lot of them there - a Persian friend of mine calls the city "Iran-geles") which he and his missus fit into. But, with all the pandemic tensions, it's been tough.
That must be hard for him, it's a shame when people see a nationality first and a person second. I work with lots of nationalities, it makes you realise we have more in common than that which is different.
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:35 pm Joy: My ORS counselor says that I am very ready and capable of taking the next step to get a job!
GO FER IT !!!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I think that my mother might be going out again for her birthday to the restaurant that she wanted because my sibling didn't want to go because of COVID and its one of my favorites also!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:01 am Joy: I think that my mother might be going out again for her birthday to the restaurant that she wanted because my sibling didn't want to go because of COVID and its one of my favorites also!
How'd the celebration go? :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

We didn't go out to dinner yet but we are going to be going tonight. We just need to wait for my father to come back after he does the grocery shopping.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:18 pm We didn't go out to dinner yet but we are going to be going tonight. We just need to wait for my father to come back after he does the grocery shopping.
Enjoy and great whoopies!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: So yesterday, I really had a very nice time and it was great though I wasn't a big fan of what I ordered and didn't like it too much because I didn't know exactly WHAT it was but I decided to suck it up and ate it anyway. I wasn't gonna be one of those customers that was difficult and made life hard for everybody.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

... and as someone who was once a waitstaff server, your patience is appreciated.

It just amazed me, the trash-talk people felt free to give folks working in food-server roles.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have just looked at horror stories online and never wanted to be like that. All of them were pretty disturbing and that wasn't gonna be a trend that I was gonna follow.
Harry Johnathan

I'm worried. James T Cat hasn't posted in a long time, and his last post was saying he had overdosed and might die. His fanfic is now a closed thread, and I have a bad feeling.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Sorrow: Lost control of my main email address so I got to try and best migrate anything that's linked to it away from it....Not what I wanted to spend tonight doing....

Little Joy: Nothing major lost thus far. Might lose a few old accounts in some places. but cautiously optimistic.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Joy. A Bilby to accompany our Quoll (Hlaroo)!
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:24 am I'm worried. James T Cat hasn't posted in a long time, and his last post was saying he had overdosed and might die. His fanfic is now a closed thread, and I have a bad feeling.
That is concerning. He's had a bit of a rough time. I'm not computer literate enough to know how to do a "missing persons" from a forum. However, of late, I've started looking up the names of the folks who come up on the "Birthdays" roster as a prelude to wishing them a "Happy BDay". There are quite a few people who have quit the forum - or, at least, not longer comment or role play. I assumed many of them may episodically (or routinely) read the comic. I've never tried to get in touch with them - being a self-described "riotous introvert" and no fan of most social media, I respect anyone's decision to disengage without further contact. JT has my prayers and, perhaps (like others), he'll break surface again someday.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: We finally got new windows put in for the rooms of our house!
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:24 am I'm worried. James T Cat hasn't posted in a long time, and his last post was saying he had overdosed and might die. His fanfic is now a closed thread, and I have a bad feeling.
His account has been active since his last post, which gives me hope.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: 20% of people from Rhode Island have been vaccinated against the Coronavirus so that gives me more hope that there will be light at the end of the tunnel!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yay, jabs.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Joys, a day off!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Got up to snow on the ground this morning, just an inch of a dusting but cold. Sophie, southern sheltie dog that she is, finds snow baffling and a little intimidating so she didn't want to help get the newspapers. Once she did get out though, her curiosity and memory kicked in and she started exploring all the new aromas. Then her scottie boypals came out and that turned into a really frolic. Lovely start to the new day. :)
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

Joy: I just watched Raya and the Last Dragon and boy it is an epic film! one of the most beautiful films made by Disney in my opinion.

Sorrow: Once again, the brain decides to ruin the fun by thinking about stuff that makes me sad or uncomfortable, for a year I barely enjoy anything.
Harry Johnathan

OdedZeituni98 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:49 pm Joy: I just watched Raya and the Last Dragon and boy it is an epic film! one of the most beautiful films made by Disney in my opinion.

Sorrow: Once again, the brain decides to ruin the fun by thinking about stuff that makes me sad or uncomfortable, for a year I barely enjoy anything.
At this point you need to see a therapist or get an exorcism. I'm gonna go with the former. You might have anxiety or OCD. I'll pray for you, man. :|
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My sibling is going to help me get registered for my vaccine!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:52 pm Joy: My sibling is going to help me get registered for my vaccine!
Our second jab still almost two-weeks away.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

My second and and final jab is about three weeks away.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Of course, that by no means guarantees that I will be registered up for the first appointment right away when our state opens up to let everybody do it. It is gonna be a giant mess when that happens on the 19th.
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

Despite lack of appearance, I am not dead. Got a new phone in, AND I'm home for Easter. Life is good. I made it to Good Friday mass, but despite it being (usually) my favorite mass of the year, I was rather disappointed in the service for the exact reason I like it so much: the ambiance. The music and lighting were changed, and what is supposed to be a somber Mass was... not so. I have many opinions, but keeping the season in mind, I shan't share them.

Also, as I post this, Amazee has exactly 20000 posts, which is kinda cool.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CuriousCnidarian wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:29 pm Despite lack of appearance, I am not dead. Got a new phone in, AND I'm home for Easter. Life is good. I made it to Good Friday mass, but despite it being (usually) my favorite mass of the year, I was rather disappointed in the service for the exact reason I like it so much: the ambiance. The music and lighting were changed, and what is supposed to be a somber Mass was... not so. I have many opinions, but keeping the season in mind, I shan't share them.

Also, as I post this, Amazee has exactly 20000 posts, which is kinda cool.
Joy: Nice to have you back, Cnid.
Decided we'd do Zoom Church for tomorrow, but wanted an in-house worship so went Lutheran. Lovely service, moving and lots of music.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

This is a mix of both, but my family is in quarantine. We're doing great and have gotten ourselves sheltered very well.

Update: Sorrow - the place my sister worked at just got a report of double the cases of COVID. :(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

GameCobra wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 10:32 pm This is a mix of both, but my family is in quarantine. We're doing great and have gotten ourselves sheltered very well.

Update: Sorrow - the place my sister worked at just got a report of double the cases of COVID. :(
My daughter in Buffalo, NY, tells me that Western New York is having problems getting vaccine. Distributions still need work.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Unfortunately, sometimes bureaucracy can hamper things, though my county has been fairly good at getting vaccines out, hope your daughter gets her chance for the vaccine soon, West.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:35 am Got up to snow on the ground this morning, just an inch of a dusting but cold. Sophie, southern sheltie dog that she is, finds snow baffling and a little intimidating so she didn't want to help get the newspapers. Once she did get out though, her curiosity and memory kicked in and she started exploring all the new aromas. Then her scottie boypals came out and that turned into a really frolic. Lovely start to the new day. :)
Glad to hear Sophie enjoyed the snow eventually, we had a light dusting of it yesterday in a mini blizzard, very unusual for this time of year, didn't last long though. Joy: bright and sunny today.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Pretty sure we are done with the snow until next year.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 1:48 pm Joy: Pretty sure we are done with the snow until next year.
Yeah, I think we've made it (self-delusionally said). ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Of course now that I just said that and put it out there we will get a massive snowstorm that hits us on the 11th, which is my cousin's baby shower.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Well, it's now a Baby snow shower.

And an excuse to not go, if you wanted one.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:21 am Well, it's now a Baby snow shower.

And an excuse to not go, if you wanted one.
A " baby snow shower"? ... that's funny on so many levels, Welsh, and I can't articulate any of 'em. :lol: :oops: