Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

kurowolfe

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by kurowolfe »

Feeling sad by proxy from reading the news that Sergei mentioned. And I own a tumblr account, so everyone I followed there are mourning as well.

Though, I wonder if people from other countries would mourn if we here were attacked in the same way...
Shho13 wrote:Joy: Came back here to the forum for the first time in years! Just nostalgia-ing right now... :D

Sorrow: Time to get ready for work. :/
Hey welcome back! A lot of the old members have left, but some of us are still here, and the mods too :3

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Shho13

Post by Shho13 »

Yeah man don't recognise a lot of guys here anymore! It's all good, we are all here for the same reason, right?

:)
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

Shho13 wrote:Yeah man don't recognise a lot of guys here anymore! It's all good, we are all here for the same reason, right?

:)

free food? where?!
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hey! I feel bad I'm not sure I remember you. Do you remember me?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: Ants. There are just ants everywhere. Even in places where there's little to no food, they're there.

They're giving me... antsiety. :lol: I still hate them.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Oh Shadow, you did not just... xD

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Unusuallynamedperson

ShadowLightning wrote:Sorrow: Ants. There are just ants everywhere. Even in places where there's little to no food, they're there.

They're giving me... antsiety. :lol: I still hate them.

use cinnannnonnnonnnnommmonnn monnn
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

How do you do that? Just put it out somewhere?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

kurowolfe wrote:Oh Shadow, you did not just... xD
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
ShadowLightning

Well... that seems like an appropriate way to solve my ant problem. Not saying it's the best but... you know, hehe.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: I'm spending way too much time playing online games. I found out that I needed to play some server vs server kinda gameplay for some weapon I'm making, and while I've gotten the item, I'm addicted to the gameplay! Like, our server is small and keeps getting bullied by another larger server, and my salty gamer self couldn't stand for the injustice. Help =3=

Small sorrow: Our the kittens is pregnant, and will give birth soon. I'm at a loss for words, and our food budget crashed like twice this month. If only I have enough money to fix them all.

Joy: The new kittens are so darn cute! xD

Unusuallynamedperson

This totally deserves a meme! :D
Attachments
OUR HOUSE.jpg
OUR HOUSE.jpg (41.36 KiB) Viewed 20136 times
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: Had trouble sleeping last night (I blame the two cups of coffee I drank). I only got, at most, 3 hours of rest.
Another Sorrow: I'm feeling a little on edge as a result of the above.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Excited: Just one week till my trip to both the convention "TooManyGames" in Philadelphia and New York City! :D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: My summer class is almost over and now I actually get to have some free time sometimes. Whew...
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Free times are always nice to have. Enjoy~

...: The face when the cat asked your help when she's in labour and you have no idea what to do. Handling the nutrient sac or whatever it was, ripping the placental walls, resuscitating an almost stillborn kit.... *shudders*

The newborns would probably not survive because the mom is completely clueless (still a 7 months old kitten), and I only have experience with those 2 weeks of age and above. I tried my best, I can only let mother nature decide on the rest

tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Anger: Can't do the homework! I don't have any usabke desk/table in my bedroom.
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Joy: I bought an old Barry Manilow cassette that has a lot of songs I like :D

Sorrow: I have been trying to change my normal sleep schedule (3 am to 5:30 am) for the past month, but anytime I'm asleep before 2 am or after 6 am, I start getting bad nightmares and they have been getting worse over the past course of the month. My sleep schedule has barely seen improvement and medications haven't been helping.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Joy and Sorrow: Father's day. We got our stepdad cash to buy a new boat. However, My mother went to see her father's grave. I completely forgot =(

I should've went, but didn't know if she should be alone for this or not. Asked her though to bring flowers on my behalf.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Can you still go? How far is that?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Half hour drive. can't make it. I'm gonna start remembering Mothers and Father's day much more seriously after this.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

I know it's rather trivial coming from me, considering all my town has been through this past week or so, but seriously, 2016 really needs to back off with all the deaths.

Anton Yelchin, who played Chekov in the Star Trek reboot films, died today after a freak car accident. Reports saying he was run over by his own car. He was just 27.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Aww, really? I liked the reboot. Also can't believe he died so young =(
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

Macsen wrote:I know it's rather trivial coming from me, considering all my town has been through this past week or so, but seriously, 2016 really needs to back off with all the deaths.

Anton Yelchin, who played Chekov in the Star Trek reboot films, died today after a freak car accident. Reports saying he was run over by his own car. He was just 27.
....How the heck do you get ran over by your own car?

Also..

Sorrow: I somehow lost one of my backup headphones for my phone..Small sorrow but it's like finding a flea at midnight while blindfolded when it comes to finding decent ones..

Joy: My grandmother has been back from the hospital for about 3 or 4 days now, and she is recovering fine so far.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Joy: For once, I managed to scrounge up an idea for a comic and, thereby, NOT miss Guest Week entirely! I'm so excited!

also summer has begun but I feel that's somehow less important than what I've got above

Sorrow: I fear it might be too... heavy... for this comic. It's not some sort of grimdark gorefest but it's not gonna have a punchline, for sure. I guess the decision is up to people of higher standing.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Joy: Further trademarks released for Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, including a "Gamerdriver"! Finally, a video-game themed Kamen Rider!
Mickey the Luxray

SuperStar wrote:Joy: Further trademarks released for Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, including a "Gamerdriver"! Finally, a video-game themed Kamen Rider!
I thought Power Rangers did that a while ago though.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:
SuperStar wrote:Joy: Further trademarks released for Kamen Rider Ex-Aid, including a "Gamerdriver"! Finally, a video-game themed Kamen Rider!
I thought Power Rangers did that a while ago though.
You mean Power Rangers In Space? No that was it's Sentai counterpart, Megaranger. In Space was as the title says, space themed.
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: While everyone else here's summer is about to start, mine's ending in less than a week. :(
Mickey the Luxray

Mickey the Luxray wrote:Joy: For once, I managed to scrounge up an idea for a comic and, thereby, NOT miss Guest Week entirely! I'm so excited!

also summer has begun but I feel that's somehow less important than what I've got above

Sorrow: I fear it might be too... heavy... for this comic. It's not some sort of grimdark gorefest but it's not gonna have a punchline, for sure. I guess the decision is up to people of higher standing.

Sorrow: You can basically call this dead. I realize now that the piece I submitted was, truly, crap, and so it's been retracted. It's a hard pill to swallow but it's one I've gotta do, else I might just end up causing unnecessary confusion.

Only a few more months till next guest week, methinks... That should be plenty of time to make something presentable.

ED: Another sorrow.

So not only have I made a horrific decision in retracting (which I feel like I can't just go back on; what I said still applies, but I know I've made a grave mistake no matter what), but now I know that an artist friend I used to respect to a high degree who always had at least one good word to put in whenever I showed him my work (which felt surprisingly empowering to me in hindsight) was making it up all along.

In reality, he seemed to dislike everything I ever did, to the point where had he had his own way he would tear anything I showed him apart without even a lick of admission that I did anything right, but was covering it up with (what I now feel are) false praises because he thought his way would "hurt my feelings." Congratulations to him on being right, then, because my feelings are hurt.

Needless to say, I am NOT happy with him or myself- him for having to be such a lying female canid about it and me for falling for it hand-over-fist.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I'm confused. Are you saying you'd rather be demolished in the first place? Is it not the normal thing to lie to someone so that they don't feel like garbage?

Sorrow: Was a sheepdog today. Tribe leader for this vacation Bible school thing at a church. Was voluntold to do it, but it's not so bad. Some of these kids need better parenting.

Sorrow: It's 108F/42C. Gets up to 120+/49C+ some days. Why does this place exist.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: I don't really want to say what it is for common sense reasons, but I was approved for something today that's my first "real" thing of it! I have to say that I'm pretty excited.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Sorrow: One of my classmates lied to me about the bridge(an electric component) placement and now is impossible to unsolder that :x
Mickey the Luxray

Joy: We made up. Turns out it was a massive misunderstanding on both of our parts, so we admitted we were both jerks and left it at that.

Sorrow: I still don't know what to do for guest week. Drat.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I finished my class! I think I got an A!

Sorrow: Still waiting on a couple of recommendation letters... they're really dragging their feet on that one... And I can't officially apply to medical school until they're in.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Simple Joy: Today's sunset, after a storm, was a very nice purple-ish shade, almost pink, mixed nicely with orange and blue. There was also a rainbow mixed in with it. Very nice looking.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: I'm in Busch Gardens right now enjoying the day. Also the first time I've ever been here when of the legal drinking age. :P
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

which Busch Gardens?
though i guess it doesn't matter, I'm not near Williamsburg anymore and didn't have money to go when I was.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Mickey the Luxray

Sorrow: Another guest week passes without result. I guess I'm just not ready for that kind of limelight yet.
Joy: At least this week has been fairly relaxing. Got myself a new bag (which would be perfect... if it had a strap :?) and I'm feeling pretty okay.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:which Busch Gardens?
though i guess it doesn't matter, I'm not near Williamsburg anymore and didn't have money to go when I was.
The Williamsburg one. Military members get one free admission a year to one park owned by Busch.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit