Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I think my headache is finally subsiding!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Sleet wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:19 pmThanks! Update: I matched with a residency! I'll find out which one on Friday!
Hooray! That's so good to hear ^^
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Paging Doctor Sleet; paging Doctor Sleet...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Now, Dr. Sleet, your diagnosis was brilliant, your recommended treatment superlative, but the committee is intrigued by your insistence that the patient receive a daily dosage of ... what is this called? ... Housepets as part of his recuperation .... ;)
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Sorrow: My fam is going through a bit of a rough time rn.(not financially)
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sleet wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:19 pm
Obbl wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:00 pm
Sleet wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 5:23 pm Joy: I'm almost done with medical school, with only one hurdle left. Monday I find out if I matched with a residency, and if I did, then it's basically just coasting to the end!
Yay! Good luck with the residency :D
Thanks! Update: I matched with a residency! I'll find out which one on Friday!
Congrats, Sleet! <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

FireworkFox wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:20 am Sorrow: My fam is going through a bit of a rough time rn.(not financially)
Regret your difficulties, foxy. Hope all turns out well in these turbulent times.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: My sibling and her partner don't want to go out to eat for my mother's birthday on the 21st so it looks like we will be having just take out which disappoints me and my mother.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:24 pm Sorrow: My sibling and her partner don't want to go out to eat for my mother's birthday on the 21st so it looks like we will be having just take out which disappoints me and my mother.
Well ... perhaps it'll be a safer celebration then.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

FireworkFox wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:20 am Sorrow: My fam is going through a bit of a rough time rn.(not financially)

Sorry to hear that, buddy. If you want to talk you can send me a PM.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Even after my alarm goes off which means its time for me to get up I just can't seem to bring myself to get out of bed.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

When this happens to me, it is always due to depression
Hope you feel better soon
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It is kind of strange. I do suffer from major depressive disorder and it does affect me a lot and make my mental health drop down quite a bit but I don't feel depressed admittedly. Unless I feel depressed subconsciously.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

trekkie wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 8:39 am

Sorry to hear that, buddy. If you want to talk you can send me a PM.
Thank you!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Ditto.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Joy: Got my first vaccine yesterday.

Sorrow: Felt pretty rough last night.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

CunningFox wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:55 pm Joy: Got my first vaccine yesterday.

Sorrow: Felt pretty rough last night.
AZ?

Don't worry about it, Cunning.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:06 pm AZ?
Correct.
Don't worry about it, Cunning.
Thanks. I'm glad I had it, but I have an idea how Peanut and Grape felt here.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: The state that I live in will end up opening vaccines up to EVERYBODY regardless of what their age is on April 19th!

Trepidation: I'm a bit worried that the vaccine might end up affecting me adversely and making me sicker or killing me like that woman in Utah though it only happened after her second shot and my mother is fully vaccinated and the only symptom she felt after was EXTREME tiredness.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The missus and I finally got the first jab today.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Dayzee, don't be worried about unsubstantiated claims about harm done by the vaccine. There have been no verified cases of death from the vaccine, and if that's true, then you take far greater risks than this any day you turn on the lights in your house
It's okay to worry, but it's just your mind being hyper-reactive, so don't let it get to you

I'm also quite envious of yall, cause in Japan we're gonna be waiting a while before they authorize even the first dose -_-
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Obbl wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:00 pm Dayzee, don't be worried about unsubstantiated claims about harm done by the vaccine. There have been no verified cases of death from the vaccine, and if that's true, then you take far greater risks than this any day you turn on the lights in your house
It's okay to worry, but it's just your mind being hyper-reactive, so don't let it get to you

I'm also quite envious of yall, cause in Japan we're gonna be waiting a while before they authorize even the first dose -_-
I'm sorry to hear that, Obbl - what's the thinking behind that policy?
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

The vaccines haven't been approved yet, but that's due to a lot of things. Turns out when you fill a government with old fuddey-duddeys (in particular the kind who actually want that power), things have a tendency to move slowly :P
(It's more than that, but it's not a whole lot better than that sadly)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorry that you won't be able to get it for a while then. On the plus side, the forum learned you lived in Japan and are possibly Japanese!
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

My parents won't let me take the vaccine. They're afraid it will implant a tracking chip in us. :cry:
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Do they use cell phones with internet and active Facebook pages? They should know they could be tracked much more easily through those. :|
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:09 pm Joy: The state that I live in will end up opening vaccines up to EVERYBODY regardless of what their age is on April 19th!

Trepidation: I'm a bit worried that the vaccine might end up affecting me adversely and making me sicker or killing me like that woman in Utah though it only happened after her second shot and my mother is fully vaccinated and the only symptom she felt after was EXTREME tiredness.
Dayzee, on this point I would say that in Europe they have just finished a big investigation and concluded again that the phizer vaccine is safe, large numbers of people have had it with no side effects. As for the woman in Utah I suspect if you look for any actual evidence that this was linked to a vaccine you won't find any, the fact is if you vaccinate huge numbers some will get illl regardless of if they have the vaccine or not because they would have done anyway. Interestingly the only thing I could find on this were news reports stating that no link had been found between the ladys passing away and the vaccine.

I'll be getting jabbed when my letter comes, I'm asthmatic and given the choice btween being very poorly or a one in a million unproven chance of sideffects it's an easy choice. The vaccine uptake is very poor in Europe so sadly it looks like this may lead to a third wave.

Having said this I respect that it's each persons choice.

I did not realize you are based in Japan Obbl, never visited but the country does intigue me, I'm a bit of an Animee and Manga fan (lots are guess).

Sorrow, being at work during Covid is stressing me out and it's not really even fear of catching it.

Daunted
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Today was my mother's birthday so I spent the whole day with her and my aunt and we even were able to go out to eat!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 9:09 pm Joy: Today was my mother's birthday so I spent the whole day with her and my aunt and we even were able to go out to eat!
Delightful! So glad you all found time to celebrate in all this lunacy, Amazz.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I am glad also and it makes up for the fact that we didn't go out to eat on Sunday because my sibling was paranoid about COVID-19.
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 2:16 am Yeah I am glad also and it makes up for the fact that we didn't go out to eat on Sunday because my sibling was paranoid about COVID-19.
Paranoia is the fun-killer.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: I got placed for the next three years, and I'm going to be out of town from all my friends and family, sadly.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Harry Johnathan

Sleet wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:38 am Sorrow: I got placed for the next three years, and I'm going to be out of town from all my friends and family, sadly.
Take it from someone who lived away from his parents and siblings for 31/2 years of his life and moved 3 or 4 times that everything will turn out fine.
Harry Johnathan

God bless.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Sleet wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 10:38 am Sorrow: I got placed for the next three years, and I'm going to be out of town from all my friends and family, sadly.
Look on the bright side. You'll make new friends and the time spent with family will mean more.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Our new toilet which my mother wanted because the one we have right now is too low got delivered today!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Joy: Got my first dose of the COVID vaccine. No ill effects.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

That's a hard thing, Sleet, and I know there'll be times of loneliness and longing. But you've chosen a demanding profession with medicine, a vocation really, and the absences will help you to focus on your work, your learning and your sense of calling. Oddly enough, too, on those occasions when you can come home, you'll be so much more focused and enjoy them all the more for the intensity. God bless and good luck.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I was able to reschedule my therapy appointment to tomorrow!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 12:39 am Joy: I was able to reschedule my therapy appointment to tomorrow!
So glad to hear that. I guess theraputic counseling would work well enough on the internet, but I'd worry about security. Besides, it seems more effective if you're sitting together in physical proximity.