Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Wolfy

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Wolfy »

Anger: I have owned 7th saga since I was a little kid and have only just now realised that in comparison to the original Japanese version the American one is a giant waste of time, money, effort, breath, energy and general life. Nice to know I've been wasting my time with this.

Buuuuuuuuuut...Joy: However after getting my bum handed to me on a platter several times by the other apprentices I went looking around the internet. And subsequently found two legal rom hacks for it. One which is just pure awesome and the other which reverts back to the old elnard system but with smexy magic stats. This should not only make the game more enjoyable but actually make the apprentice fights winnable through you actually being competent and not through the fact that you just got lucky and were able to dodge a few attacks. So Ima try them out and hope they work.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Joy: Since I'm going away soon, I decided to undust one of my portable consoles (AKA, Nintendo's greatest achievement, the Game Boy Advance SP). Stroking my chin, I found my copies of Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Crystal. Surely the internal memory would've blown by now? I mean, they're all powered by internal batteries right?

Turning on my classic Pokemon yellow, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my character camped out outside the Indigo Plateau. I have a strange feeling I'm gonna be completing that game once more on the 10 hour plane journey to USA.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Then it might get boring with no one left to challenge. :P
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Joy: My friend took me water skiing yesterday. It was really fun except every time I tried jumping the wave from the boat I ate water until my last try. Yesterday was an ideal great day all around and I'm feeling better about the last several days.
Joy: Going back with them next week if the weather is favorable.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Sounds fun, I would like to go water skiing but last time I was but 20 meters away from a shark. Had it come any closer to me I would have had to bite it.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Sounds fun, I would like to go water skiing but last time I was but 20 meters away from a shark. Had it come any closer to me I would have had to bite it.
:shock: :lol:
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: So, as you guys may or may not know, I just graduated high school and want to join the Coast Guard. Now, as of right now, it looks like it'll be about a year before I'll be able to get in. So in order to make money in that time, I'm pretty much going to start my own business.

Like, legit business. Business licence and insurance and everything. Tax write offs for mileage on my truck, buying tools, ect. The whole nine yards.

It's actually kind of scaring me thinking about this. Just a little though.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Best of luck! U.S. Coast Guard is the most selective service. Are you guaranteed enlistment?

(This also counts as congratulations for starting your own business. I hope you'll be prosperous, your coffers never empty.)

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Congrats, man! What kind of business are we talking?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
SkyeCaptain

Post by SkyeCaptain »

Joy: I just started watching Attack on Titan after a lot of people suggested it to me and I have to say it's fantastic.

Sorrow: There isn't enough episodes! (Although the next one is out tomorrow.)
Being good pays off. There's a nice view up here on moral high-ground.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Nice, what kind of business?
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Dissension wrote:U.S. Coast Guard is the most selective service. Are you guaranteed enlistment?
Not yet, but I'm getting the paperwork (Health history, police records, stuff like that) in. I don't see why I wouldn't be able to get in physically. I don't have hearing or breathing problems, and I don't have to take any medication.
Dissension wrote:(This also counts as congratulations for starting your own business. I hope you'll be prosperous, your coffers never empty.)
Sleet wrote:Congrats, man! What kind of business are we talking?
Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Nice, what kind of business?
Also, thanks for the congrats, although it's still just a little early. Unlike the Coast Guard, I haven't even started step one of any of this.

What the business would be though is a contracting one. I would be the only owner, and I would pretty much do just little handyman type things. Change a light switch, replace a board on a deck, maybe fix a door so it'll latch properly.

Mostly what this is for is so I can work for my Uncle. He installs kitchens and would like to use me as much as he can. He can't pay me unless I have my own insurance to cover if I do something like accidently break a water line and flood an entire house. (Not that we do anything where that would really happen, but you get the point.) I'm not sure if I need to start a business to get that kind of insurance, but actually starting a business (The kind I am anyway) doesn't cost more than $100. It's the insurance that can cost $400-$700 a year.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Ah a sole trader. Good market to go for since everybody has little jobs they need doing. Unlimited demand means you won't lose out to other people doing the same.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

44R0NM10 wrote:Joy: Since I'm going away soon, I decided to undust one of my portable consoles (AKA, Nintendo's greatest achievement, the Game Boy Advance SP). Stroking my chin, I found my copies of Pokemon Yellow and Pokemon Crystal. Surely the internal memory would've blown by now? I mean, they're all powered by internal batteries right?

Turning on my classic Pokemon yellow, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw my character camped out outside the Indigo Plateau. I have a strange feeling I'm gonna be completing that game once more on the 10 hour plane journey to USA.
Joy: Speaking of Aaron coming to America, a week from today I'm going to jump into his arms and give him a great big hug! I've been planning this since last October and after a few road bumps along the way, I get to spend next weekend with one of my best friends and his family<3
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Joy: Yesterday I took my mom's art test for her and got a perfect score. I also saved a bright yellow moth from the storm.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Beagle wrote:Joy: Speaking of Aaron coming to America, a week from today I'm going to jump into his arms and give him a great big hug! I've been planning this since last October and after a few road bumps along the way, I get to spend next weekend with one of my best friends and his family<3
I really hope you haven't told him this is your plan. 'Cause that'd be an interesting surprise.
Radio Blue Heart wrote:Joy: Yesterday I took my mom's art test for her and got a perfect score. I also saved a bright yellow moth from the storm.
You're both adorable and a beautiful human being.

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Dissension wrote:
Beagle wrote:Joy: Speaking of Aaron coming to America, a week from today I'm going to jump into his arms and give him a great big hug! I've been planning this since last October and after a few road bumps along the way, I get to spend next weekend with one of my best friends and his family<3
I really hope you haven't told him this is your plan. 'Cause that'd be an interesting surprise.
He's known, that would totally not be a good idea to just drive 600+ miles and expect to stay with them for a weekend. XD He called me this afternoon (from a payphone) to let me know that his flight landed and they all got here safely. :3

Joy: I have the next two days off after being on the clock for 12 out of 21 hours. I went to work, came home, slept, woke up, and went back to work (I have about 40 minutes of commuter time each way, by the way).
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Beagle wrote:He's known, that would totally not be a good idea to just drive 600+ miles and expect to stay with them for a weekend. XD He called me this afternoon (from a payphone) to let me know that his flight landed and they all got here safely. :3
I meant about the tackle-hug!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Joy: Johnathan Coulton is gonna be at a convention I'm planning on staffing, so I can probably see him.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Joy:

*Translated telephone conversation with my mum*

Mum: So, Kuro, how's your drawings been so far?
Me: *surprised* Oh, erm, not progressing much. (pause) Hey mum, aren't you bothered by the fact that I draw human-like animals when I should be studying and stuff?
Mum: Well, it's your hobby, and I just want you to be happy with what you're doing. It's not like it's wrong or anything, right? Anyway, I bought this nice pencil set at the bookstore, I'll give it to you when you come home for the holidays.

This is why I love my mum so much. :D

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I don't think my mum would be as understanding, nor would she continue without doubting my artistic abilities...
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

I know I'm incredibly lucky to have a mother who backs my hobbies and interests 100%. Mom bought me sketchbooks and pencils for Christmas one year and encourages me to draw more than I currently do (which is not much).

Rico

Post by Rico »

Sorrow: This weekend has been a bit dramatic. My sister in law was best friends with someone involved in a recent murder-suicide and had press reporters stalking her, so stayed with us for the weekend.

Joy: Things should be going back to normal now. My sister-in-law is going home as things are calming down (apart from the stubborn daily mail reporters).
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.

Radio Blue Heart

Rico wrote:Sorrow: This weekend has been a bit dramatic. My sister in law was best friends with someone involved in a recent murder-suicide and had press reporters stalking her, so stayed with us for the weekend.
WHOA! :shock:

That's heavy! I'm sorry to hear that! Hopefully the media circus will blow over and she can get back to a normal existence .
Last edited by Radio Blue Heart on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Oh no that's horrible. :( *hugs*

Joy: One of my best friends and his wife are having a baby! This'll be the first friend of mine to have a kid. I'm so excited for them!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

confused : a person in my family , whom I had a.....fall out with awhile back , now suddenly seems to "care" about my body . I really have to idea what to make of this ......so...yah , kinda in a "what the howl ?" sort of confusion right now :lol:

sorrow : I think I'm becoming one of those pessimist/self-pity type , hopefully not though ^^"
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

We all enter that phase at least once. Don't let it get to you, it's usually just temporary. You'll be okay, don't worry about it!
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The fact that you acknowledge it shows that you care enough to watch yourself. Always remember you're loved. :3
Radio Blue Heart

Joy: I am now officially registered for community college! I am on my way to earning a nursing degree! I am only taking two classes, Anatomy and Basic Computer Skills, online but it is a start! All together with fees it will only cost $512. I found out my first CNA class after this general education stuff is over will only be $120! I can't believe I didn't do this the first go 'round!
-Virgil
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Nice one Radio! Always good to have more skills.
And if you were truly a pessimist Serence you wouldn't dream of the day we stop making such vague references and irritating paradoxes. We know you do. :lol:
Rico

Post by Rico »

Sleet wrote:Joy: One of my best friends and his wife are having a baby! This'll be the first friend of mine to have a kid. I'm so excited for them!
That's great news! Congrats to them :)
Everything works out in the end. If it hasn't worked out yet, then it's not the end.

valerio

Post by valerio »

JOY: yesterday I got to see HUGH LAURIE AND THE COPPER BOTTOM BAND in concert! Happiness!
SORROW: The seat position (balcony) was AWFUL. I had to crane my neck to an anatomically impossible angle during all the concert. Ouch!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

joy: Florida is an amazing holiday destination...besides a ton of storms... I was in a pool when it was thunder and lightning! You will never see that in Spain (or, well, I've never seen it in Spain).
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

In a pool while there was thunder and LIGHTNING? I... I don't think that's very safe. Just be careful.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

We were all forced out very quickly. Was really quite funny above all else though.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Thunderstorms are my favorite weather condition. They can create a really romantic atmosphere! :3

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I like watching lightning storms Thunder storms from in the house. blink~blink! =3
Last edited by GameCobra on Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Gamecobra, I have never before questioned myself more on a reply on Housepetscomic.com
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

*Scratches head* Unless it's because I said lightning storm instead of Thunder Storm... which I have a bad habit of doing. *googles it*

EDIT: Yyyyup. that would be it. But I just like watching the sky light up. Nothing weird about that. =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

"Joy": Sunburned! Woohoo!
Unsure: I've been getting increasingly lonely. I started sleeping whilst cuddling a pillow about a week ago. Very weird, I know, but it has helped a bit.
Sorrow: My computer refuses to connect to any network. I'm typing this from my cousins iPad.
Sorrow: Said cousin has a sister that has been getting on my nerves more and more as time has been going on.
Joy: I've become a better driver. A few license tests in Gran Turismo 4 has vastly improved my technique. C:
Sorrow: That game has been giving me terrible prize cars. A '54 Corvette for the most difficult championship I'd ever gone through, and then I go through TWO GRUELING HOURS of going around Laguna Seca for a GT40... :evil:
If you want my number, it's #804080.