Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

NHWestoN

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:04 am Sorrow: While I know longer have a cold, I am stuffy and congested on and off so I think now I have allergies. I don't know for sure though.
Learned this morning that a friend of mine just lost his adult son. It's all the more saddening, given that this gentlemen is my age. You're just not supposed to outlive your children. :cry:
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:26 pm
Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:04 am Sorrow: While I know longer have a cold, I am stuffy and congested on and off so I think now I have allergies. I don't know for sure though.
Learned this morning that a friend of mine just lost his adult son. It's all the more saddening, given that this gentlemen is my age. You're just not supposed to outlive your children. :cry:
That's sad news, always a shock when the younger generation in a family pass. Wishing you a Merrier Christmas Weston, hoping you, Sophie and family are keeping well and good health to you all.

Joy, work finished, can look forward to Christmas now.
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:42 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:26 pm
That's sad news, always a shock when the younger generation in a family pass. Wishing you a Merrier Christmas Weston, hoping you, Sophie and family are keeping well and good health to you all.

Joy, work finished, can look forward to Christmas now.
... and thanks and blessings to you for your good wishes, DDeer. Sophie's doing pretty well on new meds and we're preparing (bracing?) for a snow-bound Christmas.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Pleased to hear that Weston, go Sophie!, no snow here yet, we live fairly high up here so we may well get some at some point. 4x4 ready if needed though :-)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I was JUST saying it was weird how New England hasn't been hit by a blizzard yet. Over here it looks like it will snow. Though kind of horrifying since our driveway is so steep we can BARELY get up it when its icy. <_<
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sorrow: So my mom and I were in a crash crash Thursday. The other driver went through a stop sign, and we crashed into him. I have bruised ribs and a nasty bruise in my leg as does my mom but we’re okay other than we’re okay. My mom’s car is totaled though. They we’re going get a new one anyway, but this crash forced their hand
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

trekkie wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 7:21 pm Sorrow: So my mom and I were in a crash crash Thursday. The other driver went through a stop sign, and we crashed into him. I have bruised ribs and a nasty bruise in my leg as does my mom but we’re okay other than we’re okay. My mom’s car is totaled though. They we’re going get a new one anyway, but this crash forced their hand
Rejoicing that you guys are okay!! Well, bruised ribs are real low on the entertainment scale, I realize, but it could have been sooooo much worse! heal quickly and, again, a Happ(ier) New Year to you and yours, trek.
gforce

Post by gforce »

Yeah I’m sure that could’ve been far worse. Thankful that y’all are okay and hope you heal soon.
That sounded better in my head
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Glad to hear you are ok Trekkie.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Thanks guys, it was scary and my ribs still hurt but, I am just glad to be relatively okay.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Glad to hear you and your mom are fine, trekkie.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Took Sophie out just as my neighbor was walking past with her dog, Brody, sporting his Christmas sweater. Sophie perked right up when she saw her boy friend in his scottie finery so we had an improptu meeting of the "waggy tails" club. :lol:

Her mister is a PA at the local hospital which is crammed with Covid patients. He's exhausted and demoralized as there just seems to be no let up. I spoke to a colleague down in south-central North Carolina where the story is the same. :o
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Massive amount of sorrow: Two weeks before her 100th birthday, Betty White has died. She was planning a television special for it also. That is just so devastating. I loved "The Golden Girls" and can't believe it. All of them are gone now. RIP Betty. :cry:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 3:05 pm Massive amount of sorrow: Two weeks before her 100th birthday, Betty White has died. She was planning a television special for it also. That is just so devastating. I loved "The Golden Girls" and can't believe it. All of them are gone now. RIP Betty. :cry:
Oh no, indeed!! I remember her when I was small and we first had a Television. She had a show called Life with Elizabeth back in the mid-50s. Betty was one of these public figures who threaded through our lives. Her Mary Tyler Moore Show character was a riot, both as a take-off on her sweetie-pie image and on MTM's "dream girl" personae. May she rest in peace.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I was so looking forward to her being 100 because it was a major milestone. Of course we can never have nice things. The year 2021 had to kick us in the teeth one more time.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazz, you might take consolation in knowing that Betty often professed to be totally unafraid of death. She was married for eighteen years to Allen Ludden, a fellow actor, singer, and long-time host of the very popular game show, Password. He died of cancer in1981. To Betty, death was just the gateway to her reunion with him.

So, yes, we have lost her - but now she is again in Allen's company. For that, we can take comfort.
Then let's just put 2021 in the rear view mirror and hit the accelerator!
Happy New Year, friend. :)
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

R.I.P Betty White. Once again, Queen Elizabeth outlived another beloved celebrity.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Whatever she has been doing she needs to share the secrets. We are now in the end of an era as all 4 Golden Girls are in heaven.
Chieris

Post by Chieris »

Joy: After so many delays, I decided to take my chance and tell my friends that I am a furry. They were okay with it, even though some of them didn't even have any idea what is the meaning of furry, but after some explanation they were still okay with that. One of my friends thought that by furry I mean that I have beard, which I do have, but it would never cause any struggle to talk about it.
Also I would like to thank Obbl for giving great advice on Discord, I genuinely appreciate it.
I dunno, just imagine something funny here

And also just to advertise myself:
https://www.furaffinity.net/user/chieris/
https://www.deviantart.com/dangraythewolf
Retrospring for my Housepets characters: https://retrospring.net/@Garfield474
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Noogies Chieris Happy for ya, bud.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: A job that everybody in my family thought I would be a good fit for and would be a shoo-in for was given to someone else. So I''m starting off 2022 as a jobless dolt. :roll:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 5:38 pm Sorrow: A job that everybody in my family thought I would be a good fit for and would be a shoo-in for was given to someone else. So I''m starting off 2022 as a jobless dolt. :roll:
Don't be too hard on yourself, Amazz. You hear and read about a lot of jobs going unfilled but I have a number of friends and acquaintances who are having the same experience you are.

And so much in the job market is changing.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is true and I'm sure something will show up. But with my luck it will be flipping burgers somewhere instead of office work which is what I really want.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Good for you Chieris, pleased they were o.k. I can appreciate that took some bravery on your part. The beard confusion made me smile :-) ,

Better luck next time Amazee, having been out of work myself on occasions I can sympathise, don't pressure yourself, something will crop up.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I thought we were gonna get a light dusting of snow but we didn't get anything today.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:24 pm Sorrow: I thought we were gonna get a light dusting of snow but we didn't get anything today.
I thought we'd get snow, too - it sure was cold enough !!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure at some point we will get hit. Global warming isn't really bad. Yet.
gforce

Post by gforce »

Chance of snow where I live this Thursday… then in the 40’s two days later.

The Midwest is confusing like that.
That sounded better in my head
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sophie is gone. Sometime last night, she heard the call of her Master's voice and, because Sophie has always been a very good dog, responded immediately with no time to say "good-bye". Her passage was apparently gentle and painless. She left behind her beloved sheep doll, her squeaky toy lion, her wondrously soft blanket (actually one of my old bathrobes), her ancient collar and new Christmas sweater, and a gallery of joyous memories.

We brought Sophie's beautiful body to the vet's and her favorite nurse was there to receive her. She will be cremated after an autopsy and her remains placed in an urn. While we talked with the young vet (another fan of hers - because who could not love Sophie), the nurse brought us a small test tube vial with a little stand. She had shaved some hair from her "wrist", from her right leg which was stunted at her birth and missing her right forepaw. Sophie liked to wave that little stunted paw when she was flirting with people. So, until our beloved's remains return to us, we have this small, strange beautiful momento - strange, perhaps, but deeply touching nonetheless.

I have lost my "little fox', my friend and companion of sixteen years. I trust her Maker, Who loves her even more than I could, will care for her now but my grief runs deep and my soul sorrows for her absence. Yet, I also rejoice and raise thanks for all the love, adventure, and rejoicing she graced our lives with. If you're the sort who makes prayers for animals, please spare a small grace for Sophie, "dear little dog of mine."
Harry Johnathan

I'm.. terribly sorry. This one hit me like a brick. May you be reunited on God's new earth.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

I'm so sorry to this, Weston. It's clear how fond you were of her, and she does sound like a wonderful dog. You and your wife have my condolences.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am so sorry for your loss and how quick it happened. I know what it is like to lose a dog and its heartbreaking. :cry:
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

I am so sorry to hear your news Weston, my condolences to you and your family. I was hoping that Sophie would rally, but glad to hear she passed peacefully. Always enjoyed reading about Sophies exploits, she seemed a charming soul with plenty of character, pleased you have some keepsakes of the time she spent with you. Sounds like you have very caring Vets there, a kind gesture. I will spare a thought for your little fox today.

Daunted
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:49 am I am so sorry for your loss and how quick it happened. I know what it is like to lose a dog and its heartbreaking. :cry:
As do I.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

<hugs Weston> So sorry to heat about Sophie, she seemed like a beautiful soul.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Looks like we might be getting snow sometime between today and tomorrow

Sorrow: I don't want it to be a blizzard. I like snow on the ground but not too much of it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Thank you all for your kind and touching benedictions to Sophie's little life. She was a constant source of joy, love and delight to us. God bless you all.
I shall miss her so ...... but her Creator who gave her to us has her back now, so I await the peace knowing that promises.

... and we have a snowstorm on the way and cars must be moved now. Such is life.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now we have another sorrow the world has to deal with: Bob Saget a.k.a. Danny Tanner just died.

So death comes in threes it does seem like since he was number 3 behind Betty White and Sidney Poirier.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

There's a special poignancy in the passing of people whom you admired from afar, whom you never personally knew but some how decorated your life.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Annoyance: I tried to reschedule a doctor's appointment and I was on hold listening to ****** muzak for 20 minutes before I hung up. :roll: