Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Beagle

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Beagle »

JeffCvt wrote:
Beagle wrote:Sorrow: Either I have a hard drive failure or corrupted Windows files. Running diagnostics at the moment.
This is why I now use Linux. Unless you mess around in the terminal using sudo commands, you can't mess it up. (Well, with Ubuntu anyway. I'm not sure about other distributions.) ((And I don't play games so not being able to play them isn't a big deal))

Unless it is your hard drive. I believe your computer isn't that old though, correct? I'm not sure the average life of a mechanical hard drive, but I'm sure it shouldn't be failing (on a mechanical level at least).
The corrupted Windows files were because of my hard drive. XD Every single mechanical hard drive out there has small "bad sectors" due to physical limitations of the material itself. I just happened to get a bad sector on a System32 file and that was throwing my computer out of whack. I had 12 bad sectors last year, and 52 fourteen months later. It's ~200 Kb of bad data, no big deal.

Joy: I fixed it. ;)
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : I beat Wolfenstein The New Order. It feels like a pretty short game though, maybe 7 or so hours of game time and whatnot.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: For some reason, I woke up really drowsy and I don't wanna go back to sleep but I feel like I am going to pass out.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: For some reason, I woke up really drowsy and I don't wanna go back to sleep but I feel like I am going to pass out.
You might have overslept or you could be sick.
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: For some reason, I woke up really drowsy and I don't wanna go back to sleep but I feel like I am going to pass out.
I've been having that feeling too lately when waking up. It could just be the fatigue of a long long year.

Joy: one more day of work before a week of rest. Looking forward to celebrating the holidays at my place with family and friends.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Could be the weather. Has it been unusually wet or humid?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Actually, I did figure out what it was. Despite the fact that it is supposedly only for a stuffy nose and not for sleep, the NyQuil pills I took must have made me pass out. And I did pass out for 4 hours. Curse you dishonest advertising!
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Sorrow: I got hit by a car a couple of hours ago. It wasn't going too fast, but I guess it ran a red light and I didn't react fast enough. I don't remember it too well, but I was told I went on top of the car and rolled off the back. I didn't break anything, but I am really sore and I have a few cuts and bruises from hitting the asphalt and a small gash where a piece of glass went into my thigh. The paramedics told me I need to stay in bed to let my body heal, so I guess I'll be stuck at home for a few days :(
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh wow that sucks. But I'm glad that you are OK bandits nothing too serious.
Deske

Post by Deske »

SergeiTheFox wrote:Sorrow: I got hit by a car a couple of hours ago. It wasn't going too fast, but I guess it ran a red light and I didn't react fast enough. I don't remember it too well, but I was told I went on top of the car and rolled off the back. I didn't break anything, but I am really sore and I have a few cuts and bruises from hitting the asphalt and a small gash where a piece of glass went into my thigh. The paramedics told me I need to stay in bed to let my body heal, so I guess I'll be stuck at home for a few days :(
Ouch, sorry that had to happen to you. I know the feeling well enough. Ahh, well, it's good that nothing serious happened. Get well soon.
Douglas Collier

Good to hear you're alright. I'm guessing they'll be paying your medical costs - or was it a hit-and-run?
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Douglas Collier wrote:Good to hear you're alright. I'm guessing they'll be paying your medical costs - or was it a hit-and-run?
It may have been a hit and run, but I could be wrong. I was out for about 15 minutes, and I didn't see the car that hit me when the paramedics woke me up.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm sorry to hear that happen to you Sergei. Glad you're alright.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

SergeiTheFox wrote:Sorrow: I got hit by a car a couple of hours ago. It wasn't going too fast, but I guess it ran a red light and I didn't react fast enough. I don't remember it too well, but I was told I went on top of the car and rolled off the back. I didn't break anything, but I am really sore and I have a few cuts and bruises from hitting the asphalt and a small gash where a piece of glass went into my thigh. The paramedics told me I need to stay in bed to let my body heal, so I guess I'll be stuck at home for a few days :(
Coincidentally, I was out with my parents tonight when I saw someone run a red light, making an illegal left turn, and slamming into the bumper of another car. The other car (the one that was minding its own business) spun across three lanes and smashed into a telephone pole, knocking it right to the ground. Then I swear to glub the guy that ran the red light was about to "hit and run" but changed his mind and stopped when he saw five people jump out their cars and start running over, calling the police, etc. This guy ran that red light going at least 40 mph.

Joy: Although the front ends of both cars were completely demolished, both people were able to walk out of both cars.

Literally sent me into a panic attack: If my dad hadn't slammed the breaks and halted before the intersection, that would have been us hitting that telephone pole. :?

Gosh Sergei I am so glad you are okay. Car accidents are terrifying, and one moron on the road can really, really hurt someone. Seriously I am so sorry you and the person in the accident I witnessed today have to deal with this two days before Christmas. Please get some rest and take it easy. *hugs*

Did someone hit you while you were walking or do you drive a motorcycle?
Deske

Post by Deske »

SergeiTheFox wrote:It may have been a hit and run, but I could be wrong. I was out for about 15 minutes, and I didn't see the car that hit me when the paramedics woke me up.
If you were out for that long of a time there's a good chance the person had already finished their business with the police by the time you had woken up. Or they could have left and you now get to hunt them down Liam Neeson style for revenge.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sorrow: Allergies or something.
I feel your pain. x_x
Ouch! Glad to hear you're relatively alright.
Douglas Collier

Deske wrote:Or they could have left and you now get to hunt them down Liam Neeson style for revenge.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCotmiGzwBw :P
Deske

Post by Deske »

I realize I haven't posted the original feeling of the hour that I meant to. Got too caught up in wishing Sergei well x3

World-Smashing Anger: JOFFREY. WHY. Re-watching Game of Thrones Seasons 1-4 that little tool.
Yes I know:
He dies, blah blah blah, IT'S NOT SOON ENOUGH
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Beagle wrote:Did someone hit you while you were walking or do you drive a motorcycle?
I was walking. I'm bit too young to drive a motorcycle on a public road.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

sorrow: apperently last week someone broke into a salvation army store and stole everything
Joy: two days later the entire community replaced everything and then some
Sorrow #2, a lot of temps at work will be let go after Christmas. on a bitter sweet note; I was not let go (I feel bad because some of the temps have families).
Joy: I was hired for a permanent position in the connection center at work, part time. But very good for me.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Connection Center associate's one of the best hourly WM jobs. Congratulations!

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : Gas is below $2
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sorrow: I think I have the flu. Going to the doctor's after dinner, I can't get anything to stay down.
Sorrow: Mom had her first day of chemo today so we're both laying around like zombies. This is why I'm not waiting to go to the doctor.
Sorrow; Merry freaking Christmas, bah humbug.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Dissension wrote:Connection Center associate's one of the best hourly WM jobs. Congratulations!
Thanks diss, I am excited to be moving up.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Wow I'm sorry that your mother has to have chemo. I hope everything works out.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Sorrow: My allergy symptoms turned out to be a flu. I woke up for work and couldn't even get out of bed.
Sorrow: Apparently, even with a doctors notice, I can't avoid a write up from my job...
Joy: The doctor said that I'm healthy enough to where I could get over it by sleeping for the next two days. Should be good after that.
Joy: Unexpectedly, two days of lounging around. AWESOME!
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Sorrow: Worse start to Christmas Day for me ever...Waking up at 1:30am in pain due to being all blocked up inside is horrible. Even worse than the year I wasn't allowed to eat anything that was possible to be easily allergic of due to a nasty reaction to some exotic food additive that was never discovered. Partially my fault of course, I've been eating too much fast food (in particular McDonalds which can cause no end to grief to my digestive system). I just want the sun to come up faster so I can go for a nice long walk and hopefully help things flow better.
Sorrow: My brother has become very distant from most folks lately. Its got folks in my family worried.
Joy: At least January has some potential for real fun.
Sorrow: Said fun gonna hit my pockets hard.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Therolyn wrote:Sorrow: Worse start to Christmas Day for me ever...Waking up at 1:30am in pain due to being all blocked up inside is horrible. Even worse than the year I wasn't allowed to eat anything that was possible to be easily allergic of due to a nasty reaction to some exotic food additive that was never discovered. Partially my fault of course, I've been eating too much fast food (in particular McDonalds which can cause no end to grief to my digestive system). I just want the sun to come up faster so I can go for a nice long walk and hopefully help things flow better.
Sorrow: My brother has become very distant from most folks lately. Its got folks in my family worried.
*Hugs Therolyn* Don't worry bud, we're here for ya. I hope that your Christmas turns for the better. :)

Joy: I got my mate to come with me to my family Christmas Party
Joy: We've just got done wrapping all of the gifts
Sorrow: I'm not sure if my mate will like the gifts I got...
Sorrow/Joy: It's raining, but it means that there might be snow tomorrow if it continues! :D

I hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas. ^w^
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Therolyn wrote:Sorrow: Worse start to Christmas Day for me ever...Waking up at 1:30am in pain due to being all blocked up inside is horrible. Even worse than the year I wasn't allowed to eat anything that was possible to be easily allergic of due to a nasty reaction to some exotic food additive that was never discovered. Partially my fault of course, I've been eating too much fast food (in particular McDonalds which can cause no end to grief to my digestive system). I just want the sun to come up faster so I can go for a nice long walk and hopefully help things flow better.
Oh man that sounds bad, I know how a messed up digestive system can feel. Hope things get better!

Joy: I get to spend tomorrow with my parents! A roof on my head! Heating! Good coffee! Being alive!

Sorrow: This is a time for joy and stuff, so nothing here.
All your acorns are belong to us.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy: Going to see The Interview tonight. Kimmy boy can't stop me now!

Edit: Joyish Sorrow: Or not. The drive to the theatre is long. Seeing it later though.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Joy: I'm feeling a lot better since my accident :D

Joy: Tomorrow, the band is getting together and we are going to play music a majority of the day just for fun. It has been a while since we covered anything, so tomorrow is our cover day basically. We are going to cover songs from our major music inspirations such as Arch Enemy, Dimmu Borgir, Aborted, Massakren, Lamb Of God, Gorgoroth, etc. (I am not going to list the songs due to heavy Satanic influence in some of their titles and I do not wish to offend any users here).

Sorrow: The last time I did a Gorgoroth cover, the brutal vocal style it requires caused me to damage my throat to the point that I was coughing up blood for two days and I'm worried that it will happen again. I have trained my voice a lot more since then, so hopefully I can make it through the three songs we are doing by them (three may not sound like a lot, but when it comes to Gorgoroth, it is like a vocal marathon),
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Joy: Rick drew all us mods for Openermas!

Funny: Rick gave me a new tail for Openermas. x3

Joy: I got a new 27" 1080p monitor for Christmas from my parents.

Joy: I got lottery tickets in my stocking, hit "Win All" on two of them, and won $125!

Merry Christmas and Happy Openermas, everyone! Hopefully everybody has a great one. :3
Attachments
rg-kitch3.jpg
rg-kitch3.jpg (35.47 KiB) Viewed 11034 times
Douglas Collier

Joy: Yay for the Mods being drawn by Rick! I'd be willing to color them if you guys want. =3

Joy: Got a brake drum forge for Christmas! :mrgreen: (Now I can make horseshoes, daggers, wall hooks, and the like).
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy: I got $355 for Christmas from various people and new socks and pants.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Joy: Christmas is over. But I'm going to learn from Peanut. Today is second Christmas :D
Wait no the 26th is boxing day but that doesn't sound as cool. Second Christmas it is.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
dryideabat

Post by dryideabat »

Sorry to hear about your accident Sergei, but I'm glad you're feeling better. Last-second Holiday drivers: they would run over their own grandmothers.

Joy: Got a much needed addition to my wardrobe for Christmas.

Sorrow: Feeling a bit bloated after feasting.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : Finally listed my jacket on Craigslist. Now to ignore the anxiousness of waiting.
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Joy: Yes! Things did get better for Christmas, It still wasn't the greatest (it was a bit later than usual this year) but it was still fun. And the nice long walk I took in the morning really helped.
Sorrow/Joy: Still not fully over it but at least I'm not in pain.
Joy: A relative that I like to talk to that lives far off has finally got an internet connection. Now I don't just have to use the phone to talk with him.
Sorrow: Not much giving or receiving this year in the family. I think I need to begin giving more at the season however. Got a single present this year.
Gripe: I wish brandy custard was thicker, I love my custard thick but the supermarket sells it too thin for my liking...
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Joy: I forgot to mention this when I found out (we've known for about a month :P), but my sister and brother-in-law are expecting their second child.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Congrats to your sister, Kitch. :D

Joy: I'm over the worst of this flu.
Sorrow: Christmas pretty much went un-celebrated.