Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Right now the only thing that is wrong with me is some mild decongestion (hope it stays mild...)
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: I got to be on the radio! Click here if you want to hear me!
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Bit of a breakneck pace at times, but still got a lot of good viewpoints and stories :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That is very impressive. It really is a great job you have done there Furr!
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Sorrow: My sister had to put her cat Onyx down (19 years) - Madhouse here in PA with everyone stocking up (State already closed some businesses and all schools, though Im not in school anymore heh)
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

SeanWolf wrote:Sorrow: My sister had to put her cat Onyx down (19 years) - Madhouse here in PA with everyone stocking up (State already closed some businesses and all schools, though Im not in school anymore heh)

It's getting a little deranged up here, too. Glad I retired when I did. Gotta hit the library early tomorrow `cause it's shutting down until 31 March.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: We remembered to stock up since every store that sells bathroom supplies seems to be running out and I heard some idiot was in a hazmat suit selling tons of toilet paper rolls for $100. Like what the ****?

Sorrow: Most likely by the time my dad goes shopping tomorrow there won't be much to buy.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

That’s pretty cool, Hlaoroo!

Sorry to hear about your sister’s cat, Sean.

Sorrow: I almost got struck by a deranged driver while shopping.

Joy: I think I got everything I need, though.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I'm using my paycheck to take my aunt out tomorrow to either lunch or dinner with my mom and I spent the day with my grandaunt, my mother, my grandaunt's husband, daughter and her friend because her birthday is one day before Saint Patrick's Day.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well, there's still pizza. And sorry about your sister's cat, Sean; I still miss my kitty, two years gone now.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Same here. I really do wish that I had gotten to see him before he went to the Rainbow Bridge. Especially with how he ALLEGEDLY went according to my cousin. >_>
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Same here. I really do wish that I had gotten to see him before he went to the Rainbow Bridge. Especially with how he ALLEGEDLY went according to my cousin. >_>
...that sounds ominous.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Long story short, she says my aunt fell on him and crushed him and he ran off and most likely died of internal injuries. That is all I'm gonna say and I'm not about to get more into it because I don't feel like being chastised. :roll:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Long story short, she says my aunt fell on him and crushed him and he ran off and most likely died of internal injuries. That is all I'm gonna say and I'm not about to get more into it because I don't feel like being chastised. :roll:
Accidents happen. I've seen a few in my decades. Pets do "run off", too … when I was growing up, dogs ran free in the suburbs and it was not uncommon for a dog to go off with his pack in the morning and never return. I'm sorry for your loss, however long ago. I, at least, was able to be with Andy in his last hours.....
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

Sorrow: one of the artists I listen to may have just committed suicide and I just

why?
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Joy: I had an AMAZING dream last night.

Sorrow: It was just a dream.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Everything over here is being shut down due to the Coronavirus.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

We're not there yet but I'm sure it's coming......... :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If it happened here its gonna happen in the next nearest state (which is Massachusetts).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Our Governor just ordered all restaurants and food service establishments to go to no sit-downs - windows, order-outs, and deliveries only. Ah, well ...............
CuriousCnidarian

Well, my study abroad was just officially cancelled. They wanted to postpone it until August, but university wouldn't let them. So this means:
No, I won't get to meet up with my friend in Warsaw, whom I was very much looking forward to meeting;
No, I won't get to take this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity;
No, I won't get to study abroad like everyone else in my family has, currently is, or will be doing;
No, I won't get to graduate on time

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I have to say that is a massive bummer. If you need to vent, I can lend you an ear. I just might have to clean it first. XD
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sorry to hear that, Cnid. Perhaps in the Fall.....?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

He said it is a once-in-a-lifetime so I'm not sure it would be offered ever.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I’m so sorry to hear that, CuriousCnidarian. That’s a real shame. If you want to talk, just PM me.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:He said it is a once-in-a-lifetime so I'm not sure it would be offered ever.
Well, hoping his is a long lifetime, perhaps travel opportunities may come again.... It is certainly to be hoped, at any rate.
CuriousCnidarian

Guys, I appreciate the offers, but I'll live. Life goes on.
NHWestoN wrote:Sorry to hear that, Cnid. Perhaps in the Fall.....?
Study Abroads are only in the Maymester at my university, which means there wouldn't be another until next May, whereas I'm either graduating December (if I can fit the make-up classes in) or at the beginning of next May, before Study Abroad.

Another disappointment that my in-state Geology field trip that would've capped off my minor got cancelled, moving instead to a "virtual field trip" that's all the the work and none of the fun (for someone like me who was hoping to do some fossil collecting, at least).
But to stave off this disappointment, I got myself a new pack of Theory11 playing cards. My collection now includes Archangels, Black Hudson, Contraband, High Victorian, and my the newest member of my collection, Navigator. Hoping to get my hands on Citizens next.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Like your attitude there, Crid! :)
CuriousCnidarian

Joy: Last night, I found an old flash RPG I used to play all the time (Arkandian Crusade), and that there are TWO sequels.

Sorrow: I woke up this morning with corneal abrasions in both eyes (left worse than right, but right is pretty insignificant). Good thing I still have medicine left over from when this happened a couple weeks ago. Called the optometrist about getting that amniotic membrane put in to permanently fix this issue, but the earliest I could get it done is April 6, if the state doesn't shut them down due to corona.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Is you getting corneal abrasions a regular occurence because you have some condition or do you just have bad luck?
CuriousCnidarian

It usually happens two or 3 times per year, so to have it happen twice in so short a timespan is rather unusual. Probably has something to do with me staying up until 3 playing those flash games...
Or bad luck. I'll go with that.

Also, don't know why I didn't post this earlier, but my new watch came in. Casio AE1200WHD-1A. Had to remove 4 links from the wrist strap since my wrists are skinny af, but I'm liking it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

CuriousCnidarian wrote:Joy: Last night, I found an old flash RPG I used to play all the time (Arkandian Crusade), and that there are TWO sequels.

Sorrow: I woke up this morning with corneal abrasions in both eyes (left worse than right, but right is pretty insignificant). Good thing I still have medicine left over from when this happened a couple weeks ago. Called the optometrist about getting that amniotic membrane put in to permanently fix this issue, but the earliest I could get it done is April 6, if the state doesn't shut them down due to corona.
I just got rescheduled for dental implants so there's another month of chewin' on only one side of my face. But I'm really sorry to hear about your corneal abrasions. That does not sound at all pleasant!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: We finally bought a new house and are gonna be moving to Johnston, Rhode Island which will be a new location outright!

Sorrow: We finally bought a new house and now we have to sell our old one since my grandmother died and I've lived her for 27 years! :cry:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Sorrow: Well, everyone at work got hours slashed due to event cancellations. I've been told that nearly everyone got cut from five days to three.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Question to you. You're a chef right? Other than the obvious, how has the pandemic changed dining?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Joy: We finally bought a new house and are gonna be moving to Johnston, Rhode Island which will be a new location outright!

Sorrow: We finally bought a new house and now we have to sell our old one since my grandmother died and I've lived her for 27 years! :cry:
Leaving familiar and beloved surroundings is always a little painful - and 27 years, probably a big chunk of your life, is a long time and a lot of memories.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Question to you. You're a chef right? Other than the obvious, how has the pandemic changed dining?
Everything is take-out now and no more than 10 people can stay in, but even that’s discouraged. As for the employee cafeteria, we bag up the meals for the employees from behind a barrier that was set up on the buffet.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Oh. OK. Man this virus is ruining EVERYTHING. I really do hope that eventually that they can eradicate it. It is really making everybody go crazy.
Last edited by Amazee Dayzee on Mon Mar 30, 2020 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Oh. OK. Man this virus is ruining EVERYTHING. I really do hope that eventually tat they can eradicate it. It is really making everybody go crazy.
I second that!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So glad that the last place I went out to eat was a place I wanted to go (Olive Garden).