Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Cm4F

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: OMG I got an 87 on my first exam!!! There is hope.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Sorrow: I was called in to work an extra three hours, so I don't have as much time to relax as I was hoping (I have to leave in less than half an hour).

Consolation: That's extra money, I guess.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Joy; It is very likely that by December, I will be an uncle.
Sorrow; it is also unlikely to happen, there is that chance.
Sorrow, I just spilt hot tea on my foot, also its on the carpet as well.
Joy, I have a burn kit, so its not that bad.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I pointed out that the profanity filter doesn't pick up a certain word and Rick changed it in order to feel make the community family-friendly! I feel so useful!
Sorrow: I commented on a story that was plagiarism and I didn't realize it. I feel so dumb.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: I commented on a story that was plagiarism and I didn't realize it. I feel so dumb.
don't worry, the original was already in the abandoned fics section by the time you joined, you wouldn't have had reason to read it. You had no way of knowing. The one who plagiarized is the stupid one for not even changing the name before reposting :P

Joy: BattleBots
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Thanks for that. I still feel crummy that I gave credit to a plagiarist over the actual writer though.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow: I'm making a wolf PC for a D&D 3.5 campaign. It's so DIFFICULT to get ANYTHING right. There are so many things that have to be filled in for things to work. I've worked on this since about yesterday at 1 or 2 and me and these guys still haven't gotten this working. It's D&D why can my answer for how it speaks not just be, "It was a wizard!" *face to desk* Uuuugh, difficulty meter please...

EDIT: Joy: Woo! It's finally being finalized and fleshed out to the point where it's balanced. It's not a custom Class so I didn't have to create custom spells/abilities for it, just had to balance out the forming of a wolf into a race.
Douglas Collier

Sorrow: I had a really long and troublesome day at work yesterday, and now I'm feeling anxious about going back tomorrow.

Sorrow: We're understaffed at our store, so I'm pulling near full-time hours (I'm a part-time worker); I'd prefer to keep my sanity over the extra cash. :(
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Same here Douglas, same here. Working 36 hours on a 16 hour contract this week. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Douglas Collier

Is that even legal? If they're breaking the terms of your contract, you should be able to renegotiate the terms.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I'm finally getting around to cleaning my room! It's a lot more cozy and stuff.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Class is cancelled for the third Monday in a row!
Sorrow: I wish class would be cancelled on a different day.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Douglas Collier wrote:Sorrow: We're understaffed at our store, so I'm pulling near full-time hours (I'm a part-time worker); I'd prefer to keep my sanity over the extra cash. :(
Ouch, I feel ya. I had to do that when I worked at Arbys. I nearly put in full time hours because I kept staying until 12am to help close up shop. Was it worth the extra money? Eh, going to sleep at 12 wasn't new, but smelling like Roast Beef was kind of awful.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: I left both my phone and my charger at school. When I went back to get it, someone took it. So I went to the Lost and Found section but unfortunately they were closed. I haven't told my parents yet since I'm scared they might get mad at me. Hopefully someone will message me on Facebook and tell me they found it. Hopefully... :cry:
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Deske

Post by Deske »

What kind of phone is it? Good luck finding it.

Sorrow: I think I have an oral project due in class today that I forgot to prepare for. Coupled with the fact that I melt when I speak in front of a class, this won't be fun.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Joy: In addition to having a great time with my cousin, he said before i went to work today he got some applicants today for a job. Hope it goes well for him.

At least now i should be able to get time to socialize now with people for a change, lol.

Sorrow: I work sundays now. Gonna have a lot of trouble watching Walking dead and Better Call Saul.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

ShadowLightning wrote:Sorrow: I left both my phone and my charger at school. When I went back to get it, someone took it. So I went to the Lost and Found section but unfortunately they were closed. I haven't told my parents yet since I'm scared they might get mad at me. Hopefully someone will message me on Facebook and tell me they found it. Hopefully... :cry:
Aww... I'm sorry you lost your phone Shadow! I hope you'll find it sooner or later!
Deske wrote:Sorrow: I think I have an oral project due in class today that I forgot to prepare for. Coupled with the fact that I melt when I speak in front of a class, this won't be fun.
Yikes... I wish you the best of luck if you do Deske. I absolutely DESPISE oral presentations myself (says the vocal performer...) because I can't speak that well in front of people anyways with out getting mixed up.

Joy: I think I may be out of my depressed mood! I've been feeling really good lately and my self-confidence is back up, so that's a good sign! ^w^
Joy: I'm happy with the progress that I've made in both school and in my own personal projects
Joy: I went shopping with my mate and I got some cool clothes. Quite happy! ^^

The only Sorrow I have so far: I still have two classes for today. >w< Darn you college! I won't be back at the dorm till about dinner time!

I hope everyone has/had/is having (depending on when you're reading this) a great Monday!
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Douglas Collier wrote:Is that even legal? If they're breaking the terms of your contract, you should be able to renegotiate the terms.
There are LOTS of things some employers will do in some situations. I remember working at Disney, and getting scheduled to work 50 hours despite being a part-time employee.

I got myself fired after a month.

I went to work with Universal a month later. They were very strict with how much you could work. Overtime was virtually unheard of, and only if you signed up for a special event like Halloween Horror Nights or Mardi Gras.

Keep in mind this was 17 years ago.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I love snow, but once AGAIN I'm gonna have to dig my car out.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: My cousin got into a national cooking competition. She's the only Tasmanian chef to have been selected and she's in the running to win several thousand dollars! She was on the news tonight so she just might end up famous. ^^
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Kitela

Post by Kitela »

School... So much school.
Bleh: Oh, the Irony. I thought I would have no problem with my math class this semester but it's really difficult! I thought I would do terrible in Chemistry but it's not difficult at all.
Joy: I guess I was one of the only people in my Chem lab to have my lab report done and ready to turn in. My spreadsheet skills finally paid off.
Joy: I now have a free weekend day! ^^
ShadowLightning

Joy: Just had a really great Skype call. Hoping I can get another one soon.
A little Joy: My professor responded to my e-mail and notified all of his other students about my lost phone and charger. Hopefully I'll get some news about it soon.
Sorrow: Still really anxious about it. And my parents don't even know about it yet since I'm too scared to tell them about it.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy: The presentation wasn't yesterday or today, it's tomorrow. But I have to practice another sort of speech in front of my classmates.

Sorrow: I don't know why, but I've been increasingly irritable the last week or two.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Joy: Started watching a TV show that is decent and stuff! :)

Sorrow: And its sucking in all my time and I'm confused! Help! :)
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Deske

Post by Deske »

What tv show is it? Is it worth it?
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Joy: I am actually finding my footing on my fanfic.
Joy: I have been sober for a month and a half.
Anxious-ish Joy: Gonna go back to school to complete my Paralegal Certification.
Sorrow: My managers made us stay a half-hour later than we were scheduled, and we spent that half-hour doing absolutely nothing because we got all our scheduled work done.
Sorrow: An event at my high school had to be cancelled because of a gang from a rival town threatening to kill people. Jerks.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Joy: I'm on the Housepets! Forum since 2 years now! :D
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

trekkie wrote:Joy: I am actually finding my footing on my fanfic.
Joy: I have been sober for a month and a half.
Anxious-ish Joy: Gonna go back to school to complete my Paralegal Certification.
Congrats Trekkie! And good luck continuing forward :D
Douglas Collier

Sorrow: Today's been really hard at work (I'm on my dinner break now). It's been really busy, and the only other worker on duty is really uptight - it makes it hard to ask for help, because I fear I'll be repremanded. :oops:

Consolation: I'm halfway done with the day (more, since I have an hour for dinner).

Joy: After today, I'll have two days off.
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: For some reason, the forum is still slow for me.
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: For some reason, the forum is still slow for me.
Oh? So I'm not the only one?

Nervous bat outta heck: On my third try at Calculus and Vectors in night school, started off googling stuff in the homework since I've forgotten so much.

Also, reading this thread, TIL you can say stupid. For example, 'I'm stupid for not brushing up before taking night school again.'
All your acorns are belong to us.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

sorrow : things have been a little bit troublesome for me during this whole internship thing , and it's starting to get to the point that I couldn't care anymore , which would be horrible since this year is really important
joy: having a Lunar New Year break , yay !
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: I applied for the Research Council Grant this past Christmas and I was approved to do research in Modern Algebra and Graph Theory over the summer, and my mentor professor just submitted our grant application to work with Cayley Graphs. Can't wait to hear back!
ImageImage

ShadowLightning

Joy: Someone found my phone and charger! :D God bless all the good people still living all over the world!
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Thank you Obbi!
Congrats Cn4f.
That's great Shadow. Good to know there are still honest people.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Had an awesome lunch
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sorrow: The shower handle in my dorm room broke and made it so I couldn't turn the water off, and work orders take forever so it was running for a good 5 hours.

Joy: After talking the building supervisor (we call them RLC's) and explaining that the shower was stuck on hot water, she got someone in to fix it right away, and we ended up getting a really good shower head.
ImageImage

Cesco

Post by Cesco »

Great Joy: finally the apartment down mine, is mine too! Now it's time to work in it, there's a lot to do.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Confusion: I don't think I actually slept much last night. I remember a few events that happened last night. It's weird, I just don't know if I really slept much last night.
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Joys: Going to Iowa City to spread awareness for mental illness.
I'm also going to hang out with friends at a hotel :D
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal