Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

OdedZeituni98

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

I don't understand, why it is wrong to do animals with a human roleplay... I get rejected everytime I mention in an animal roleplay that I only roleplay as a human and they deny me
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I am finally able to talk more to someone who I hadn't interacted with since late winter.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Good to reestablish connections.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

So ... the HVAC repair guy came yesterday and, without wanting to be unkind, he wasn't prepared to do the work he was given to do.
So soooooooooooooooooooooooooo ... next appointment on Tuesday morning. Two weeks and counting without air conditioning and it's gonna be 90 degrees today. :o

"Agony! agony! agony!" :roll:
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Parents are arguing again. :( I've always been afraid they'll get a divorce.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I had a headache yesterday which went away before I went to bed then came back when I got up and it has been bothering me all day since I need to get ready because I'm going away for a few days.
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:46 pm Sorrow: I had a headache yesterday which went away before I went to bed then came back when I got up and it has been bothering me all day since I need to get ready because I'm going away for a few days.
:(
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 7:46 pm Sorrow: I had a headache yesterday which went away before I went to bed then came back when I got up and it has been bothering me all day since I need to get ready because I'm going away for a few days.
Get over it soon and happy travels. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Managed to get over it but it took me chugging a lot of Pepsi and praying to God that it would stop.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Day 17 without the air conditioner repaired. Sigh.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

NHWestoN wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 11:32 am Day 17 without the air conditioner repaired. Sigh.
And, just like OLD Hampshire (and the rest of the Southern UK,) you're feeling it...
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

My day just got worse
No dog therapy for me today, I barely enjoy reading...
My friends hate me
Why the world wants me to suffer
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

HVAC fixed - air conditioning returns!

Oded, so sorry for your pain. :(
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 9:23 pm HVAC fixed - air conditioning returns!
Yea, glad to hear that Weston!!!, days like today I wish I had it in our house, melting here!!! Joys, saw some Rheas today (not wild!) and we have a new Blackbird friend who has fledged and likes to watch me garden it appears (also like me watering as he can put his beak in the water.
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Our neighbor and I have birdhouses. We get more'n a few sparrows but also bunting, bluebirds, cardinals, cedar waxwings, and gold finches. They're a delight.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:04 pm Our neighbor and I have birdhouses. We get more'n a few sparrows but also bunting, bluebirds, cardinals, cedar waxwings, and gold finches. They're a delight.
Not heard of a cardinal, a striking bird, looks kind of like a robin with a mohican to me (in a good way). We get a lot of Buzzards, a pair often hunt in fields opposite me. See the odd owl and lots of Bats, these always seem more agile than birds to me. Came across a pidgeon sitting on the ground on my walks today, I think it had stunned itself against a window but it looked to be recovering and was in the shade so I let it be.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I feel like I have a lack of motivation to do anything as of right now
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:31 pm
NHWestoN wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 1:04 pm Our neighbor and I have birdhouses. We get more'n a few sparrows but also bunting, bluebirds, cardinals, cedar waxwings, and gold finches. They're a delight.
Not heard of a cardinal, a striking bird, looks kind of like a robin with a mohican to me (in a good way). We get a lot of Buzzards, a pair often hunt in fields opposite me. See the odd owl and lots of Bats, these always seem more agile than birds to me. Came across a pidgeon sitting on the ground on my walks today, I think it had stunned itself against a window but it looked to be recovering and was in the shade so I let it be.
When i was a child, my parents bought me a collection of small, illustrated paperbacks that were field guides to nature (Mammals, Reptiles and Amphibians, Flowering Plants, Birds, etc.) I loved them ( spent three summers as a nature counselor when I was a teen).

I was especially enchanted by a beautiful red song bird, the cardinal, which was just as you described him. The female is also quite lovely although her red coloring is much reduced, and she's more brown (not drab, though). But, in the 1950s and 1960s, the range of the cardinal did not extend into new England - no cardinals in New hampshire. I didn't get to see them until we moved to Arlington, Virginia, in 1972 where they were wondrously common.

When we moved to southern North Carolina, our house had lots of trees and several Cardinal families raised many generations of their young in them. They were a delight to have around - being very musical and these constant flashes of red or bright brown circulating about.

One day i came to my office early, and a colleague called me to her classroom. All her students were standing outside while two young men were trying to bat down this bird flapping around. It was a male cardinal who had flown in from an open window, flying around, obviously terrified and with no intention of getting smacked out of the air. I kicked the nimrods out, shut the door, and with a few moments of calm, the exhausted bird settled quietly on the teaching desk. I just picked him up in both hands, held him gently so he wouldn't flap and hurt his wings, and carried him to the window (hoping all the while he wouldn't show his appreciation by defecating in my palms). He walked out on to the sill, I shut the window, and let my compatriot bring her class in. I felt very, very privileged - but made sure to wash my hands thoroughly (can't be too careful with the wild things, you know. Salmonella and all. ;) )

An hour later, she came in and thanked me. "That bird stayed on the sill until, you know what, another bird came and they flew off together. The other bird looked just like him except it was brown and pink."

Yeah, says I. "Bet that was mama - I think cardinals mate for life (maybe?)."

So, now I'm back in New Hampshire and, guess what, cardinals have migrated and their populations are now well establsihed in New England. We have a pair living in our red oak.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Just looked up their call on youtube, quite a distinctive sound, never heard over here, sounds like that bird was lucky you were around to show some sense. Our blackbird fried is stripping my redcurrants at the moment (I don't mind I never get around to picking many). On a sorrow turns out we have a huge wasps nest in our loft, got a pest controller coming next week to sort out, they seem to like getting really close to me 8-)

Joy, we have a songthrush visiting our garden regularly now as well, doesn't seem bothererd I'm about (I don't make a lot of noise, apart from the odd mandolin tune).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Heard from the news that they haven't found one of the victims from the Surfside Condominium collapse after they called off the recover operation. I will keep her family in my prayers. :cry:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:49 pm Sorrow: Heard from the news that they haven't found one of the victims from the Surfside Condominium collapse after they called off the recover operation. I will keep her family in my prayers. :cry:
It really is amazing that they found remains from everyone else, though.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As gruesome as it was since most people I'm assuming towards the bottom of the rubble in the lower level rooms probably weren't intact. :|
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

so I went to Dog therapy, I played with dogs, it did make me happy but still, My brain is like addicted to this information about those actors like every minute even when I tried to pet dogs, dogs always cheer me up but my mind decides to go against me and uncontrollably reminding me about those actors like everytime I try to do something either petting dogs or listening to music or even doing sudoku or crosswords, I just want this curse to be over and be the Oded I know and love, the happy go lucky Oded I used to know and love
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Anxiousness: I have another vacation coming up which involves a plane and flying out to North Carolina to see my sister living out there. What makes me anxious is the packing since it seems like it would be so much. I also need to get some anti-anxiety medications for the plane even though the last plane crash happened in 2009 in the US.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Given the antics of some of our fellow American passengers, your preparations strike me as wise, Amazz.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Its not the fear of their being a fight that breaks out on the plane. Its the fear of a fatal crash or falling out of the sky. :?
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 12:18 am Its not the fear of their being a fight that breaks out on the plane. Its the fear of a fatal crash or falling out of the sky. :?
I understand. PDS ("Passenger Derangement Syndrome"") is just another fun thing to worry about at 10, 000 feet.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Might not even be going up there now only because...

Sorrow: My sister's coworker that she has the same shift with has tested positive for COVID so not only is the whole work locked down but my sister needs to self-isolate for 2 weeks and we don't even know if she has COVID herself since she just got tested.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:41 pm Might not even be going up there now only because...

Sorrow: My sister's coworker that she has the same shift with has tested positive for COVID so not only is the whole work locked down but my sister needs to self-isolate for 2 weeks and we don't even know if she has COVID herself since she just got tested.
YOWP! Sorry to hear that. This D strain is becoming ominous!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Plus if we have to go BACK on restrictions I am pretty sure that I will lose it because I honestly can't do anymore and it seems once we get THIS variant under control another one will pop up.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

My yard work was rewarded with a case of poison ivy - odd, because I haven't had that affliction since childhood. Not that I'm nostalgic about it, you understand.
MikeNelsonMythril

Post by MikeNelsonMythril »

Slight Sorrow: Can no longer spring for Pre-order bonuses due to economic situation. I mean, Super Monkey Ball is having 10 customization items for those who spring for the game by October 5th, and I say "Nice Wish!"

Joy: Sega is having Sonic's 30th anniversary and Super Monkey Ball's 20th anniversary. Decided to spring for their mobile games (Sonic 1, 2, CD, and Super Monkey Ball Sakura Edition) and wait till Banana Blitz HD and Banana Mania can be bought on Switch eShop, Microsoft Xbox Online Store and Steam for Full Price.

Wishful Thought: maybe my receipts could prove Sega that I am willing to buy the games for three systems at full price to get the Pre-order bonus for all three systems.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sophie had her semi-annual vet visit on Friday and all went well. She's showing a bit of wear and tear, but then so am I.
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Glad to hear Sophie passed her check-up with flying colours.

Joy, went to a beachside fair and managed to get Mrs Deer a Husky plushie, Needless to say Mrs Deer is very happy with her mini likeness.
Welsh Halfwit

Post by Welsh Halfwit »

Nice to see you back, Antlers.
Commander Hawle. U.S.C. Loper. By the talented DDeer.
Kilo - 2-8-3-9-10-2-5
Kilo
Leslie – 4-6-4-5-6-9-7
Leslie
David Campbell - 7 – 8 – 9 – 5 – 4 – 4 – 6
Corp Davidstow 6 - 6 - 7 - 3 - 6 - 6 - 5 (reactions 7 Combat 9)
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Welsh Halfwit wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:19 pm Nice to see you back, Antlers.
Thanks (nods said headgear) enjoyed trotting through the surf and leaping over waves (got to let off steam and mess about sometimes, can't be serious always).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

DDeer wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:09 pm Glad to hear Sophie passed her check-up with flying colours.

Joy, went to a beachside fair and managed to get Mrs Deer a Husky plushie, Needless to say Mrs Deer is very happy with her mini likeness.
Oh, that's just enchanting - you romantic ol'cervine, you! ;) :lol:
Harry Johnathan

DDeer wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 2:09 pm Glad to hear Sophie passed her check-up with flying colours.

Awww. :D
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

Joys: at the coast for a few days.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

We live three miles from the Atlantic. Since we are residents, we have guaranteed parking so go down there often despite the tourist onslaughts. I often went down there on my bike when I was a kid, early in the morning, a little before dawn. It was quite moving to see the sunrise and, if you were lucky, sometimes there'd be some deer playing on the shore before all the bipeds and surfers came along. Deer don't come around anymore but we often have seal pups turn up ... and now the occasional shark.