Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

NHWestoN

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by NHWestoN »

Ash Greytree wrote:Sorrows: I’ve been having these issues with anxiety flare-ups in class this semester. Last Thursday I got it real bad, and my sense of balance/equilibrium has been messed up all this week. I’m able to get out of the house and do stuff just fine, but any major stimulants like caffeine or my ADHD meds exacerbate the symptoms. Going to see my doctor tomorrow afternoon to see if he can give me any advice on what to do, alongside recommending me to a psychiatrist.

I had to skip out on class this week because of the issues, and my mid-term is next week. Really hoping I can catch up to where we’re at right now.
Joys: I have accommodations that let me take my exams in the campus testing center, quiet and distraction-free, so that should help me from having another anxiety flare-up while I’m working on my mid-term.
Sorry for your difficulties, Ash. Over the years I had a surprising number of students dealing with that affliction. It's NOT easy.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

I had similar problems way back in high school, and my brother still deals with the occasional anxiety flare up. He and I live together now and when it does happen I do my best to help him through it. All I can say is if you do have someone in your life who really cares who you could talk to, even if they don't really know how to help, taking to them and letting them in might still be worth something. If they really care then they'll want to do whatever they can.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Sorry to hear that, Ash. Hope your doctor can help. If you want to talk to someone you can PM me, if you want.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: Had my physician appointment earlier this afternoon. Talked with him, told him about the anxiety issues I get in class. It went well. The conclusion that we reached is that, since I have less than a year left before I graduate and step out into the real world, there's likely this subconscious worry that seeps in whenever I go into class. He must have dealt with similar things with other patients several times before, because when I mentioned that as a possibility, he said that's what'd probably did it; upcoming major change and the like. That, and other stuff to worry about that's been piling up in my head over the years. He prescribed me some anti-anxiety medication, and is going to get back to me soon with some info regarding a psychologist/counselor recommendation. Real glad to have some forward movement in regards to all this.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I seem to be getting over my eye headache!

Sorrow: It took two days to get over it. <_>
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Joy: I seem to be getting over my eye headache!

Sorrow: It took two days to get over it. <_>
Glad to hear that that cleared up. Hope you can zero in on what caused it to prevent future ones.
With the right community, getting into a webcomic at the beginning of a brand new arc can feel just as enjoyable and rewarding as being there from the beginning.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm wondering if I need a new prescription since I had the ones I have for a while now but I'm not sure. Only twice they were bad enough I had to go to the hospital.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Joy: Focus Prescription is filled. Now I can focus in on things. Though I might need to get more time on certain projects.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

JamesTCat wrote:Joy: Focus Prescription is filled. Now I can focus in on things. Though I might need to get more time on certain projects.
Glad to here that. I, too, "live better through chemistry."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

For me its an issue because my meds aren't as effective anymore and I am on the maximum highest dose. :?
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Yipe. I could never manage that.
I was on meds for ADHD and other things as a kid, and even at a fairly low dose I was miserable. Not only was my creative instinct just up and gone, it was like I didn't have emotions anymore. I've learned to function as well without them -- it took a few years but it was absolutely worth it. And even partway through that I was convinced to try again with a few different prescriptions... the result was every side effect listed on the box. One memorable little prescription was like having a full blown case of flu, no virus necessary!

My body just cannot handle that sort of psychoactive stuff. So I'm almost jealous. Almost. Because going so long feeling nothing but miserable taught me to savour every little emotion and enjoy every moment of being alive; a lesson that I've seen far too many people completely fail to learn until it's too late.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Congrads to you, Fox. That's no small achievement. :)
CunningFox

Post by CunningFox »

Joy: I just noticed I've been a member of this great forum for one year today.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Happy forum-birthday, CunningFox! Have a virtual cake :D
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Happy Anerwersery!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hey Weston! I don't want to scare you but I do have to point this out to you. Mispronouncing words or just making them up is a sign of going senile. :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Meh, worked for Lewis Carroll. ;)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I think the forum is starting to die. I check it twice a day and there seems to be lesser and lesser posts. :cry:
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I've mentioned this before, but the rise of Discord and Telegram could be a reason. For example, there are a lot of fans on the Discord who aren't even members here. Still, we've had slow periods before those rises, it happens.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: The weather is lovely this weekend, after what seemed like was going to be an early Winter!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Sorrow: Couldn't get as much done because of my new phone.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: New hip-hop and rap music which I don't like that much of because EVERYBODY is a rapper these days is taking over the Billboard Hot 100. :roll:
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Mhm... some of that stuff's fine but it's not really my kind of music either.
In ten years when oldies radio is playing "music of the 2010s", those phoned-in songs probably won't be the ones on their playlist.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It doesn't help that oldies doesn't refer to music of the 2010s. I think you are referring to stations that play the last 2 decades of music (90s, 2000s and today) and oldies at least over here are 60s and 70s.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: New hip-hop and rap music which I don't like that much of because EVERYBODY is a rapper these days is taking over the Billboard Hot 100. :roll:
That's why I stick to my personal music collection of various artists and soundtracks, which has grown slowly for several years. Why endure mainstream mediocrity when you can endlessly listen to the same few bangers over and over again? 8-)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Now onwards to a joy that I have. I managed to ace my 3rd accounting test. Yay me! :mrgreen:
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Congrats, Dayzee!
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:It doesn't help that oldies doesn't refer to music of the 2010s. I think you are referring to stations that play the last 2 decades of music (90s, 2000s and today) and oldies at least over here are 60s and 70s.
Ah well maybe it was the wrong word, but it will be eventually. :D
The only oldies station I really know up here plays 80s, 90s and a few 70s or 2000s.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Sorrow: I hit writer's block >.< Tried to work on HousepetZ last night....and I couldn't figure out what to write.

Joy: On the plus side, made some advancement on my novel!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joy: think I'm finally over this dang cold!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I'm kind of a bit forlorn that every time I get a PM, I think that its one of the staff telling me I screwed up and broke a rule and I can't shake it. >_<
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Joy: NEW STAR WARS TRAILER :D :D :D :D

Joy: Birthday's coming up (Nov.6th)!
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Well then happy early birthday to you then! I will be sure to bake you a pie. :P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

SeanWolf wrote:Joy: NEW STAR WARS TRAILER :D :D :D :D

Joy: Birthday's coming up (Nov.6th)!
Then a very merry "unbirthday" to youuuuuuuuuuuuu ....... ! ;)
Ash Greytree

Post by Ash Greytree »

Joys: Been getting better. Anti-anxiety meds and other stuff has been helping me get back on track. Got an 85 on my midterm last week and that has me in good spirits. I had a diet soda with caffeine in it earlier today and it's not affecting me, which is nice. Going to stay away from my ADHD meds for the time being, though, just to be safe.

Sorrows: My first day of my other class, which is an 8-week compressed course, is tomorrow, and I'm worried about getting another anxiety flare-up that makes it tough to concentrate. Luckily, my doctor actually prescribed me two medicines; the anti-anxiety meds that I take each night before bed, and hydroxyzine to take if an anxiety flare-up occurs. Here's hoping I won't need the hydroxyzine tomorrow.

Joys: Looking through my syllabus for my class tomorrow. This class is an introductory one that I just never took, so the assignments should all be easy. I can plug away at them quite handily. Also, the required textbook is only $45.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Joys: Went to a string quartet yesterday afternoon, followed by a nice meal at a Korean restaurant, and a call from my eldest daughter out in Los Angeles. Nice October day.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Joy: Finished the latest episode of my fic.

Sorrow: It took a lot longer than it should have with "Productivity Killers."
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I checked my grade for my online class and it is a lot better than I thought it would be. :mrgreen:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"Better than you thought" is always the dang near best outcome...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

As long I don't completely bomb this class I will be fine. When I said I wanted to work in an office, I didn't mean doing accounting. Which, spoiler alert! I suck at.