Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

kurowolfe

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: Fever. Not that high, but the general malaise and constant body aches are really making me moody and tired

Sorrow: There's a possibility I've been 'spooked', and my grandpa's guardian spirit has taken a liking on me, being the eldest grandson and all that. My sickness atm is apparently symptoms of someone who has been approached by the supernatural. Hoping that's not the case, but I'm preparing the 'reflectors' and 'repellers' just in case.

For someone who doesn't believe that much in these things, I get involved in these things a lot

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: It seems that due to the work that's being done on my ship today, only essential crew have to go in because the rest of us would be stuck doing nothing.

Sorrow: I now have nothing to do or planned to do because I had planned on going to work.

You would think a day off would be nice, but it's more annoying to me to be honest.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

hypernovatic wrote:Joy? (I dunno): I finally ate something for dinner yesterday after not eating since lunch on Sunday.
You should probably eat more. 4 Days without eating anything is not that healthy.

ShadowLightning wrote:
Unusuallynamedperson wrote:I wouldn't start passing judgement yet, I know it's been a few days. But, maybe a teacher has it and took it by accident, I dunno. Why was it so important anyways?

Also I'd check places you were when you lost it but wouldn't think to have left it.
I know... it's only been a few days, and it's possible someone found it and just forgot to return it? I dunno... I thought maybe my professor (the one whose class I left it in) found it and took it with him when the class ended. Problem with that however is that I won't be meeting said professor in class this week because of reasons.

It's important because the book was for a class I need a particularly high grade in (84 rather than the usual 70 for minors). Also, my older sister spent her own money to buy it herself. She'll get really mad if she finds out I lost it.

I don't know where else to look. The classroom I said I left it in is the only possible place I could have left it as I clearly remember taking it out of my bag and reading it before the professor arrived. I know I didn't take it with me afterwards as I found out I left it about an hour or so after my previous class, which was where I last had the book with me.
Maybe try to put up a note or something on a bulletin board or something like that if you do have one of that at your school.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

I did. Our university has this Facebook group where lots of students go to for academic related stuff like professors, campus seminars, and things like stuff going missing. I posted about my book going missing. Sadly, no one's replied to it saying they saw it.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

Joy: This morning, I passed the test! :D
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

Sorrow, I couldn't help ShadowLightning, other Sorrow, I got my quiz back, and I now have a 58 in the class. :cry:
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
ShadowLightning

Unusuallynamedperson wrote:Sorrow, I couldn't help ShadowLightning,:
It's not your fault, don't worry about it.

Sorrow: I've been having trouble sleeping for the past few nights. Because of that, I feel a bit ill-ish. Hopefully I don't get sick again.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Unusuallynamedperson

I suggest you just write a letter to yourself saying it was never important in the first place. Just to lie to yourself until worrying is neccessary, that's another thing I do when I cannot sleep because of a situation like that.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Joy: I've recovered.

Sorrow: I'm losing sleep over some work -w-

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Unusuallynamedperson

Another tip, when you can't sleep writing it down in an agenda always helps, so long as you can convince yourself it isn't as important as you think it is....wow lotsa people have this problem here...
Last edited by Unusuallynamedperson on Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tsMKG

Post by tsMKG »

The reason why last year I failed Literature, was because I was late to literature classes too many times, because I was getting up late :mrgreen:
Have you been looking at the thing above this? Dis is my old signature and is not relevant anymore.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Sorrow: The medical school I interviewed at rejected me. :( I have six more schools that may offer me an interview but it doesn't look good...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: I got sick. Again. Now I missed out on my Wednesday classes.
A little Joy: I'm feeling a little bit better now. And since I stayed at home, I got to sleep more.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Joy: I'm taking a date to see Zootopia on Friday and going to a fursuit viewing on Saturday.
Joy: I have a lot of stuff coming in the mail (an r/c airplane, two corgi plushies, and a corgi t-shirt).
Joy: My fursona's name is going to be in an Easter egg of an upcoming Titanic video game (it's a list of return trip passengers that you can find in the pursure's office - I'm listed under room D-9, which is an Easter egg for my first dA account, Dogboy09: http://www.titanichg.com/return-voyage-perk/. Also make sure to check out the game - it's pretty awesome).
Sorrow: I've probably spent more than I should have in the past couple weeks...

EDIT: Joy: My r/c plane and one of my plushies arrived! :mrgreen:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
supersonicfan169

Post by supersonicfan169 »

Joy: I'm going on a trip to Florida on Saturday! :lol:
Joy: While in Florida, I may go to see either Zootopia or Deadpool

Sorrow: My computer is still in the repair shop getting the cracked screen fixed, and I won't get it back until tomorrow afternoon :(
Sorrow: I can't find New Super Mario Bros wii :cry:
Those who say "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars"...
have never played Kerbal Space Program.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Pictures, D.C.! ^_^
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Seth Shepherd

Post by Seth Shepherd »

Sleet wrote:Sorrow: The medical school I interviewed at rejected me. :( I have six more schools that may offer me an interview but it doesn't look good...
Hang in there Sleet. I'm sure that you'll end up in a really good place!!!
supersonicfan169 wrote:Joy: I'm going on a trip to Florida on Saturday! :lol:
Joy: While in Florida, I may go to see either Zootopia or Deadpool

Sorrow: My computer is still in the repair shop getting the cracked screen fixed, and I won't get it back until tomorrow afternoon :(
Sorrow: I can't find New Super Mario Bros wii :cry:
Regarding the Deadpool v. Zootopia decision.
If you're into the Deadpool comics, you're liking of Deadpool (the movie) is going to depend on which Deadpool you like better (regarding the way the two writers depicted the character) . That is, do you prefer the the Deadpool who breaks the fourth wall a lot and who's dialog consists of a ton of one-liners (which are really funny, don't get me wrong), or do you prefer the Deadpool that doesn't break the fourth wall too much, and has dialog thats more detailed and more in depth character wise.

If you prefer the former, then you'll like the movie I think. If you'd prefer the latter, then I'd suggest seeing Zootopia. Zootopia got better reviews overall I believe.

Have fun in Florida!
Joy: My spring break is two weeks from now and I'll be going to Orlando with three of my favorite people!!
ImageImage
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Sorrow/Frustration: Been dealing with mice recently - they've managed to get into my kitchen cabinets where I keep the treats for my dog, and they've been slowly squeaking their way through the rest of the kitchen. I've set up catch and release traps to try and bait them in, but they're apparently too clever for their own good and have instead made their way into the pantry and already ruined some of my stuff. I'd rather not have to kill them off, but at this point I also can't let them spread any further. And pest control isn't likely to be as friendly...
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

CosmicCoyote wrote:I'd rather not have to kill them off, but at this point I also can't let them spread any further. And pest control isn't likely to be as friendly...
As harsh as this may sound, you probably should call in a pest control service.

While mice are cute, when they're not kept in a domestic environment like as pets or lab animals, they can carry/spread nasty germs and do damage to your house. Not to mention if you live in a neighborhood and don't take care of the problem, they WILL spread to other houses. You don't want to be that person who gives everyone else mice.

A pest control service will not only take care of the mice in your house, they will go through and look for/seal up possible entrance points and make suggestions to help prevent it from happening in the future.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Oh, I know. They'll be coming in on Monday. I just wish I didn't have to take care of them this way.

Also, I'm pretty sure I know how I got mice and where they got in from (it had something to do with my neighbor - this is the first time I've had a problem in three years living here and having it happen so recently after their little project seems rather telling, to say the least), so... yeah. Not exactly happy there.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Joy: Was my father's birthday yesterday. I decided to do something rather unusual, drawing a quick picture inside the card I gave him and it seemed to go down well. I've not drawn a picture for several years.

Sorrow: FNM this week gone was such a downer. I done very badly, despite playing okay.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: Partially deaf in my right ear atm as a side effect from medication. I've been having something like swimmer's ear in it for quite some time, and when I decided to get it checked out, it turned out that it was almost blocked with a massive block of wax and its canal has some soreness from my futile attempts to fish it out. Had to drop in Cerumol three times a day, and my ear is completely blocked by the oil trying to soften the wax and heal the soreness. It feels like having an ear submerged 100 meters underwater, which is not pleasant. Add in the soreness in my jaw joint near the ear, and the off-balanced feeling due to the perceived pressure difference between ears, and I'm feeling quite miserable.

Sorrow: A few days before that, I've been thrust in several situations that triggered my anxiety badly, and I ended up reeling in bed with fever for a day.

Joy: I've rested and recovered from that, and after being continuously exposed to those triggers, I find myself being able to continue working and functioning, even if the stress is still there.

Joy: The Kanto Classic tournament in Pokemon is pretty fun all in all, despite my rage over the abuse of the metagame. Got some pretty sick wins against part of some of the OP teams with my unconventional team, and I did manage to show some newbies that the meta is not always the best when you fail to utilize what you have to the fullest potential. Really stressful times, and I ended up losing 20 of the 30 allocated battles, but I still had fun thinking of countering everything that comes my way. And now I have another fully trained team on the go after this! Getting that Lance's Dragonite as a participation gift is pretty sweet too

ShadowLightning

Sorrow: I left my phone at home. >:C
Another Sorrow: My book's still missing. It's been almost two weeks already... I feel like it's already too late and should just give up. My last hope now is that my professor, who I haven't met up in class since last last week, found it and kept it with him this whole time.
Unusuallynamedperson

I am going to guess if it is not a community college, then yes if your Prof does not have it it's gone, otherwise they're always loopholes.

Sorrow: I just got another 4 pound stack of paperwork...
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Sleet wrote:Pictures, D.C.! ^_^
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (48.63 KiB) Viewed 9500 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (89.97 KiB) Viewed 9495 times
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (177.25 KiB) Viewed 9499 times
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Unusuallynamedperson

Looks like you two had fun...

Joy, currently drawing a mango... :mrgreen:
RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

Sorrow: Allergies due to high winds. . . yay.
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Xbox Live ID: Rashall Vetkay

Steam ID: Rashall (same avatar picture as here on the forums)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: I get a day off tomorrow! I've been working so much that it's nice for my schedule to ease up a bit now.
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Joy: half day for school tomorrow and no school Thursday cuz our highschool basketball team made it to state!
Super joy: SPRING BREAK THIS FRIDAY!!!
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
Unusuallynamedperson

Sorrow, I still have seventy two more days left. :cry:
ShadowLightning

Joy: I found my book! :D :D :D It was with my professor the whole time! He found it after class ended and took it with him. Apparently, he didn't have the time to drop by the Lost and Found section to surrender it, which is weird cause it was missing for more than a week. But anyways, I have it back now, so that's good! :D
Slight Sorrow: It's like really hot now because of summer. A whooping 35 degrees Celsius earlier this afternoon.
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Great to hear you found your book shadow!

Sorrow: since I get out at 11:00am today I have to walk home and it's like 2 miles! 1.8 to be exact.
At least I'll reach my daily step goal.
Unusuallynamedperson

That's Great ShadowLightning! See I told you he had it. :)

Joy, Finally have some time to catch up on other things, not school or work related.

Sorrow, super slow connection, several movies I want to watch but can't because of.
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Ugg, starting my journey. See y'all in a bit.

EDIT: whoo! I made it. Other than my legs hurting, paws tired, sweating, out of breath, walking through a spiderweb, and my backpack being half open the whole time I'm fine. :? Took over half an hour but I made it!
Unusuallynamedperson

Yeesh, it was only two miles, what happened dude?
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorrow: one of my favourite Australian performers, Jon English, passed away last night. :(
I loved him in the trio of modernised Gilbert and Sullivan musicals: "Pirates of Penzance", "The Mikado" and "HMS Pinafore".
Here's a hilarious clip of him as the Pirate King, here he is playing Richard in HMS Pinafore, and as Poo-bah in The Mikado.
RIP Jon.
Unusuallynamedperson wrote:Yeesh, it was only two miles, what happened dude?
Well, everyone has different levels of fitness and two miles can be a fair distance depending on the type of terrain you're covering. And good on you for walking, Foxy! I need to follow your example and walk more. :P *looks sadly at his belly*
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Unusuallynamedperson wrote:Yeesh, it was only two miles, what happened dude?
I know. :lol: Not much of an athlete. It was really sunny and I was wearing black everything and I'm pretty sure my backpack weighs more than I do so yeah.

Sorrow: cut like half my finger yesterday day with a knife trying to open a blister pack. Doesn't hurt much anymore but just very annoying.
Unusuallynamedperson

Okay, I didn't mean it like that.

Sorrow, guess who is back...'Mr.paperwork Packet.'
RashallVetkay

Post by RashallVetkay »

Joy: Spring Break next week and I have St. Patrick's day off; I finally, FINALLY, have a Monday off of work and school (I usually have a 4:30am to 6:30am truck shift).

No sorrows this time round, suspicious very, very suspicious.
“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
― Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

Xbox Live ID: Rashall Vetkay

Steam ID: Rashall (same avatar picture as here on the forums)
Unusuallynamedperson

Sorrow, trying desperately not to murder my narcissistic brother at the moment!