Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Invisan

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Invisan »

Happy belated Bday Doug.

Joy: Just 6 more days to go till i finally am on my long awaited time off work :3 So i can finally do more HP Lego drawings and FINALLY finish my Fanfic.
My Fan-Fic Fox goes to Heaven (again)

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Furryface18

Post by Furryface18 »

Joy: I scored a 100 on my elements test! I was the only one to do so. That morning of cramming was so worth it! :lol:
There's no place like home...except the Housepets home page.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I finally remember to put a new light bulb in my ceiling fan that I kept on forgetting to do!
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: Firefox's acting up again. For some reason, when I click links and open them up, another tab opens up a random ad (that strangely ends up not working). And I think it's only happening when I'm in the HP! forums. And I THINK this happened before. Just don't remember how I fixed it.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

It's the same here as well, even when using Chrome. I think clicking on any link on the forum when you first log in would automatically open a new tab with an ad in it. This would happen if you didn't use something like Adblocker. The ad tab not working may be due to Firefox's own coding restricting those ads but not preventing it from opening anyway; the ad runs fine on Chrome.

You'll have to ask the mods or inaki for confirmation on that though.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Sorrow: Im having Flashbacks.... My past howls louder then ever... I hate that after almost 8 years i still have Flashbacks where i miss my ex GF.... Especially since i cant do anything about it....

Well i have a furaffinity acc now so i can upload my Fanart somewhere else then imgur ^^ Come in and find out.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I'm coming down with a cold
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Deepest sorrow: Just got word that a friend of mine killed herself. RIP. Cant believe it. She never had tendencies in that direction...

Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm sorry to hear that, Invisan.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

That's heavy. Wish you all the best, Invisan.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
Invisan

Post by Invisan »

Thanks guys. But im more sorry for her aunt. Since i know her better.

I tend to not let things like that get to me. One thing i learned when i was working in the Hospital.

Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm so sorry, Invisan. For you and the aunt and the friends and family of that person. If there's anything I can do to help you get through this or if you need to talk to someone then feel free to drop me a line any time.

Anyone else who's reading this and might be contemplating suicide or struggling with depression, please remember that you're not alone. There are people who care. You can feel free to talk to myself or any of the other staff at any time and we'll do our best to help you. Most countries have mental health hotlines that you can call for help too. Please talk to someone and don't go doing anything drastic.

And if anyone knows anyone contemplating ending their lives then please don't hesitate. Get them help NOW before it's too late! Again, myself and the rest of the staff are willing to help with that as much as we can.
ShadowLightning wrote:Sorrow: Firefox's acting up again. For some reason, when I click links and open them up, another tab opens up a random ad (that strangely ends up not working). And I think it's only happening when I'm in the HP! forums. And I THINK this happened before. Just don't remember how I fixed it.
Try adblock. I'd also run a virus scan since it sounds like you have adware.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really sorry to hear that InvIsan? You have my deepest sympathies.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy: I got the job as a package handler at UPS not that it's hard to get it, but still, income.

Sorrow: Made it harder than ever to choose how I want to go about doing my life. I've got a couple choices, but I don't know which one to choose.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I got a new bed that hopefully is a lot more comfortable!
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Joy (more like cautious optimism): Got a couple leads today that might, just might, lead to the full-time employment that I'm looking for. Hopefully they don't crash and burn... like the rest.

(Potential) Sorrow: One of them would require me to move. That said, looking just around here hasn't gotten me anything yet. If it means employment, I have to be willing to make the jump - but I do enjoy the area and would rather not have to leave.
RP chars:
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow: I got internet. But it doesn't seem to agree with my computer. Some websites will load, others will not and yet others will load, but only the HTML, not the CSS, so they look like they were made by a grade schooler instead of a professional business. Boy I sure do love technology sometimes.
JonnyNova

Post by JonnyNova »

Joy: I finished Undertale today (or at least, my first playthrough) and I think it's safe to say it's one of my favourite video games I've ever played, second only to Majora's Mask. It's just so emotional and clever and overall an incredible experience from start to finish.

Also Joy: I've been trying to teach myself to draw lately, and I'm picking up certain things surprisingly quickly. I certainly don't have anything worth posting online yet, but I'll get there I'm sure.
*purrs loudly*

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm glad that you are able to pick up drawing so easily! I know I could never do it!
JonnyNova

Post by JonnyNova »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:I'm glad that you are able to pick up drawing so easily! I know I could never do it!
Well that's what I'd been thinking for years now, but I've realized something recently: No matter how bad at something you are, if you keep doing it and trying to improve, you will.
*purrs loudly*

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Too bad I have a MAJOR case of OCD and even if I do get better, I probably won't see it and just see it as a mistake. :roll:
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: Our internet has gotten so unbearably slow, it almost hurts.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah that would definitely tick me off also if my internet was that slow.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Joy: It's been about two weeks since we adopted Spirit (the husky), and he's doing great.
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: My body's feeling a little sore, mostly my arms. Probably cause of swimming today. Hope it goes away by tomorrow
A little Joy: My professor's not gonna be around in my first class tomorrow. That means I don't have to get up really early like usual. :P
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: I'm running without sleep for 28 hours so far, and I still have to stay at my work for another 10 hours plus. Add a case of having eaten bad sardines, and you have one sick and delirious otter.
Sorrow: Money's really tight this month. So mant unexpected expenses, and for some reason all who we owe money to (the insurance agent, the bank, that furniture shop) are extra pushy and rude in demanding early payment all of a sudden.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Joy: Did interview. Got asked if I was free to schedule second interview.
RP chars:
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That really does sound very rough Kuro. Hope things get better for you soon.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Joy and Sorrow at the same time: Sister is heading out to the west side of Canada for a job. Uncle found her one. She has been jobless for quite some time now, but he finally found her some work. Gonna suck seeing her leave, but she's making a living at least. :')
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: Have had a hectic week, and I'm guessing it's gonna get even more stressful. We only have about a month or so of classes left, and our professors are reeaally pushing the schoolwork we need to accomplish in that amount of time.
A little Joy: I don't have classes on Monday, so I guess I have a day of just chillin'. :P
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: A test is coming up and since I failed the last one because I forgot to study, I have to study harder for this one.
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Joy and Sorrow: Preparing to move out of the flat I've lived in for nearly 9 years. The place I'm moving into is better than the flat I'm in but needs to have a lot of work done on it.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: After I went walking with my mother, aunt and cousins last night, we went to Dunkin Donuts for Hot Chocolate!

Sorrow: Not many lights were on this year so we didn't walk much.
Civilization

Post by Civilization »

Joy: Spent all night awake again losing a battle to nausea... Then I thinking of all the terrible stuff you all share here, and was like. There needs to be more fun and joyful things in the world. And I've shared my thing about dancing before, so I decided, all you people here are just awesome and so kind and some of you deal with not so fun stuff... So I decided to make a fool of myself at 2 AM and dance to my radio, and record it...

So if you need a smile or a good laugh.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

You're a silly dude, Civi.

Thank you for letting us bask in your silliness.

Sorrow: test I was super ready for got cancelled.
Sorrow: Constant thought of "how much new material is he gonna put on this test *hyperventilates*"

Joy: Caught up on school and such
also excel's kinda nifty
Just an Arc
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: I got classes again tomorrow, and I have not yet even got started on the assignments and stuff because I'm a stupid lazy fosky, hahahaha... please help me.
Another little Sorrow: I have a slightly bad headache at the moment, so I can't get started yet on anything. Let this be a lesson kids, never (or at least avoid) procrastinate.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I have to write two poems for my Comp II writing class and I have NO CLUE what to write about.
Deske

Post by Deske »

ShadowLightning wrote:Sorrow: I got classes again tomorrow, and I have not yet even got started on the assignments and stuff because I'm a stupid lazy fosky, hahahaha... please help me.
Another little Sorrow: I have a slightly bad headache at the moment, so I can't get started yet on anything. Let this be a lesson kids, never (or at least avoid) procrastinate.
Well I mean you could. But...
Amazee Dayzee wrote:Sorrow: I have to write two poems for my Comp II writing class and I have NO CLUE what to write about.
Write about not knowing what to write about.

"I can't think of what to write
On this O' boring tonight
I'll sit here and think
Perhaps get a drink
Then quit this piece out of my spite"

A blank sheet of note
Filled with endless imagined
Words and some magic

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joy: I have a job at UPS. I load boxes into trucks for $10.10 an hour.
Maybe it's a Joy?: My body hurts everywhere.

Fact: There is a LOT more to loading boxes than simply stacking them.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Passed my third test with a 95
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Sorrow; Financial trouble at the Iron Panda household. My car is acting up, the dryer just broke and everyone is trying to work over time just to make sure there is a resemblance of a "Christmas" this year. Which is putting a lot of stress on everyone in the house hold right now. To add to that, I lost money in my paycheck thanks to being in Jury Duty for four days.

Joy; I am participating in that national novel writing month thing, and have written 4,127 words in three days. I am very proud of this fact and am happy with myself, I think I can complete this goal.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]