Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Douglas Collier

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Douglas Collier »

My condolences, Amazee. :oops:
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Deske

Post by Deske »

I'm really sorry to hear that Dayzee. Hope it won't be too sad. Remember the good and add it to the happiness of a small human entering the world.

Joy: I went shopping for groceries. First time I had to do this alone. I'm pretty sure I looked stupid staring at noodles. Bought a bunch of stuff though and I'm not in a constant state of "so hungry I'm not hungry." So that's good.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm sorry to hear that Amazee. :(
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Hooray for a new baby, Amazee! Try to focus on that and make this a time of happiness instead of focusing on your grandfather and making it a time of sadness. I think he'd want you to be happy for your cousins rather than moping after him. I am sorry for your loss though. I lost my own grandfather recently so I know how hard it is.

Sorrow: had to swerve to miss a guy driving over the centreline as I was pulling into the carpark today and that meant I clipped the corner of a welded steel ute tray (er... pickup truck, I guess you guys call it) and a bolt tore up the side of my car cross three panels and part of the frame between the doors.

Joy: At least no one was hurt.

I hope insurance covers this. I can't afford this right now. :(
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

Sorry to hear that Amazee :(
Babies are awesome so you can at least look forward to that :P

Joy: I have freetime today
Sorrow: Still a little sick. My throat can't take anymore coughing.
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Douglas Collier

Sorry to hear that, Hlaoroo. I hope your insurance covers it too.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

If you want I'll start a fund for you to get your truck repaired. We'll need a lot of money since the exchange rate is lower.
Douglas Collier

Sorrow: The makers of my favorite game on my iPad are shutting the game down. :oops: I didn't even get that werewolf character I've been trying to get since I started playing months ago. :(

Meh, I'll get over it.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Amazee Dayzee wrote:If you want I'll start a fund for you to get your truck repaired. We'll need a lot of money since the exchange rate is lower.
I appreciate the sentiment but I can't accept. Fortunately though I have family to help me out.
Douglas Collier wrote:Sorrow: The makers of my favorite game on my iPad are shutting the game down. :oops: I didn't even get that werewolf character I've been trying to get since I started playing months ago. :(

Meh, I'll get over it.
Aw. That's a pain. Oh well. Now you get to find a new favourite game! :D
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Hlaoroo wrote:
Amazee Dayzee wrote:If you want I'll start a fund for you to get your truck repaired. We'll need a lot of money since the exchange rate is lower.
I appreciate the sentiment but I can't accept. Fortunately though I have family to help me out.
You sure? We could always raffle away a full week with Rick. I'm sure he won't mind when some random guy shows up at his door claiming he gets to spend a week with him. :P
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Douglas Collier

Hehe, I think I'd drive him insane within the first two days! XD

"I think that line is off... No, now it's worse!"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

If you I'd that I'd be tempted to buy a ticket myself. :P It's fun watching artists work.

Joy: Discovered through looking on Google maps that if I take some bike trails instead of sticking to the road, my ride to/from university can be fully 800m/0.5miles shorter than by taking the road alone.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Douglas Collier

Just don't run down any cyclists along the trail. XD
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Joy: Finally went through backlog of pony music, a few more GBs in the laptop.
All your acorns are belong to us.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Douglas Collier wrote:Just don't run down any cyclists along the trail. XD
*giggles* Perhaps I should clarify that I am also a cyclist in that scenario. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Douglas Collier

Sorrow: I decided to take my laptop back (it didn't have enough processing power to run Photoshop smoothly) and the pawn shop bought it back for $10 less than the $90 (half of what we paid for it) they had just previously agreed with my dad over the phone they would pay. I probably should have stuck up for the full agreed price, but I'm just way too compliant and forgiving. >.<

Platinum lining: The reason I decided to return it was because my grandma is giving me an unused 2014 touchscreen laptop as a scholarship for college. I figure that the $100 loss (only $50 for me, since we split the cost buying the other laptop), even if it could have been avoided, is still a pretty great bargain for a $700 laptop. ^^
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy: Made it to the airport and terminal okay.
Sorrow: Standby because free tickets and it's spring break. I will probably not be getting on this flight.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Here's hoping you get on there, Deske.
Where are you heading to? Anywhere fun?
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

Texas, not really that fun. It's usually just sitting and watching tv or going out to a movie. But I'm going to see family so I suppose that's important. Turns out I'll be getting on a flight later than this. They actually asked people who paid to forfeit their seats since they had sold too many tickets.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Well, at least you're on A flight. And family is always nice. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

Woo updates
Sorrow: This flight too is overbooked and there are 2 paying customers ahead of me. I will probably be heading home. Right now it would probably be beneficial to just drive down to Texas. All 8.5 hours of it.
Douglas Collier

Joy: I now have a brand new HP (which is obviously short for Housepets ;) ) Pavilion TouchSmart 15 Notebook PC, compliments of my grandma! :mrgreen: I'll need to get used to Windows 8 (at least until Windows 10 is released), but other than that, I am very pleased with its performance so far.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow: I am going home. Another guy couldn't get on but he's being routed through Chicago. I live here so I can just go home and try again tomorrow.
Douglas Collier

Sorry to hear that Deske - hope you get a spot on a flight tomorrow.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm sorry, Deske. I hope you get on tomorrow. I really can't understand why an airlien would sell more seats than they have.

Doug: Win8 isn't too bad once you get the hang of it. I have it on a touchscreen Dell laptop.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: I didn't do as bad as I thought on my test!
Sorrow: I got a 68. :o
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Hlaoroo wrote:I really can't understand why an airlien would sell more seats than they have.
It's a common thing actually. Not everyone who buys a ticket uses them, so to try and keep the plane as full as possible, they sometimes overbook it.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Strange, I've never had that problem. Though I think it helps to never book on the busy days.

Joy: Finished test on optimization, so confusing. Now to put that behind me till I panic at exam time!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

JeffCvt wrote:
Hlaoroo wrote:I really can't understand why an airlien would sell more seats than they have.
It's a common thing actually. Not everyone who buys a ticket uses them, so to try and keep the plane as full as possible, they sometimes overbook it.
One of my dad's friends used to actually make some decent money by always taking the offer to be bumped to a later flight (he flew a lot). The better airlines will usually offer a nice hotel room for overnight waiting or even cash to make up for the inconvenience (keep up the good public image and all) :P
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow: Me and my mom collectively agreed to just say No. The flights look like trash and it'd be a massive hassle to try and get me on a flight. I'll probably go down sometime in April.
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Joy: I'm actually starting to feel better from a absolutely HORRID week. (I don't wanna go into details, but it put me in a REALLY bad place. Really depressing stuff.)
Joy: I fell in love with a new song called Bottom of the River by Delta Rae. So cool, the intensity make the song absolutely great.
Joy: I auditioned for a solo today in my Men's Choir and I'm confident that I might get it. There was another strong singer that auditioned for the same solo, but who knows. Either of us could get it.
Joy: Thinking about auditioning for another solo after Spring Break. (The one song listed above.)
ULTRA FREAKIN JOY: SPRING BREAK BABY! WOOO! 8-)

(*Passes out from a long day* =~=)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: FUN WEEKEND! :D

Sorrow: Muse released a song from their upcoming album and it's pretty awful. They're one of my favorite bands so I'll be upset if they screw this up...
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: SPRING BREAK YES!

Sorrow: Uptown Funk is still number 1 in America. Seriously I HATE that song.
Douglas Collier

Sorrow: My boss seems to have forgotten my availability time is after 12 o'clock. Yesterday she had me scheduled at 10:30 and today I'm scheduled for 11. My dad has had to get rides to work so that I can have a way to get to my job. This morning she even called and asked me to come in to work at 9:30. Although I have access to my dad's truck today, I turned her down by stating that my mom has the car until 11 (actually she has it until 12, but I didn't want to be a jerk by not coming in at the scheduled time). I hope she got the hint.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Joy; the pharmacy tech job I want at work is moving along nicely, tough I will be going to a new store. It should still be fine in the end.
(edited in) Joy; My sister is pregnant, and I am an uncle now.
Sorrow; I will be needing to study soon, which means I need to prioritize my time and might have to cut out a few forum activities. Also I am not the best at studying.
Joyish sorrow; I still have a few months at my current position.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: Remember the cousin (second cousin actually) who is having the baby? I just learned his father died.
Aarden

Post by Aarden »

Sorrow: On the last day of uni before Easter break someone broke my car window and drove off.
Sorrow: Cost £75 to have the windscreen replaced through my insurance company.
Joy: Could be worse.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm so sorry fro your loss, Amazee. I know what it's like to lose a loved one so if there's anything I can do to help you cope then please don't hesitate to ask.

Joy: Through riding my bike to uni each day I discovered that I get to see this every day:

Last edited by Hlaoroo on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

That looks beautiful after a particularly cold windy day for me. It must be pretty nice.

Sorrow/Joy: Getting glasses updated to be more in line with my special eyes, having to leave my glasses at the optical place though, makes me heavily appreciate my glasses. Everything's so hard to see. >.<
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

It was 26C/79F as I rode along there this morning so it was very pleasant. :)
Whozjama wrote:Sorrow/Joy: Getting glasses updated to be more in line with my special eyes, having to leave my glasses at the optical place though, makes me heavily appreciate my glasses. Everything's so hard to see. >.<
Oh, I know your pain! Just wait until the new glasses arrive and you get a headache for few days while your eyes adjust. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters