You may not post material that is controversial or seeks to defame or deride any person. This includes attacks on religion, creed, or national or regional origin. You must follow all forum rules when you post. Our rules are publicly available near the top of every page on this board and there is no reason for you not to have read them, but I will post them here so there is no ambiguity. Our staff members are available to answer any questions you may have. You may not post something to push boundaries or test limits.
- Housepets! is a family-friendly comic. Please do not post material that would be inappropriate for children. As an example, pregnancy is fine, but pornography is not. Likewise, graphic violence, politics, religion, drug use, illegal activity, profanity, and other potentially controversial topics are not allowed.
- Treat one another with respect and civility. You should not abuse, belittle, or otherwise demean another member.
- Please post intelligently and coherently; we communicate entirely via text, so it is important to minimize ambiguity. If you feel the need to post in a language other than English, please provide an English translation of your comments; others should not need to visit an external Web site to understand what you're saying. Please do not submit one-word or single-image posts that are off-topic or do not contribute to the conversation. We also ask you do not use "chat speak," double post, or submit images or unbroken lines of text that "stretch" the page.
- Respect staff members' decisions. If you have questions about why an action was taken, you may ask a moderator privately. It is inappropriate to make a public fuss, thus derailing conversation.
- If you encounter a post you feel violates these guidelines, please report it. If you have questions about whether something is acceptable for the forums, you may ask a moderator.
- You may not use the private message system to evade the forum rules.
- Your posts may be edited or deleted if they do not comply with these discussion guidelines. Your account may be warned or banned for serious or habitual offenses. Being here is a privilege, not a right. Your account may be suspended over matters of instigation (arranging DDoS, troll baiting) against this site and any attempt to use the board as recruitment for any illegal or other activity against the rules of this forum, including creating and advertising for boards, chat rooms, and Web sites solely for the purpose of defaming or subverting the rules of this forum, even if the activity was private or did not occur on the forum itself.
The first two bullet points are especially relevant to the posts we've removed. Nobody should ever come here and see a post attacking them for any reason, that is completely incompatible with the community we've spent nearly seven years cultivating. This is not a "grow a thicker skin" board, this is a "don't be a jerk" board. I don't know how to make that more clear.
I'm very disappointed.