Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Cm4F

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Cm4F »

Deske wrote:Isn't 3rd degree damage to tissues below the skin layers? Or is it just damage to all layers of the skin. Either way, sounds awful.
2nd!!!! 2nd degree, that was a typo. My bad. Yeah, if it were a 3rd, I'd have definitely gone to an ER.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Phew thank god iit's only 2nd degree. Not that that's good, but it's better than 3rd.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hope that you get better soon then Cm4F.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

sorrow : I just finished the last of the final exams today , and I did I horribly . I spent the last couple of days studying the more complex part of the lessons , thinking that because of how hard they are , they will surely be on the test , only to be smacked in the face with a giant "NOPE!" when half of the test was about the most basic stuff , which we learned at the very beginning of the course . Of course being a fool I did not prepare for that .
To be fair it's not like we weren't told to study everything , our instructor even warned us specifically not to ignore the basic stuffs , so I have no one else to blame but my own for this , but still....*sigh*.....

There's still a chance that I will pass this one , but regardless , this is so bad :cry:
Deske

Post by Deske »

serence ice fox wrote:sorrow : I just finished the last of the final exams today , and I did I horribly . I spent the last couple of days studying the more complex part of the lessons , thinking that because of how hard they are , they will surely be on the test , only to be smacked in the face with a giant "NOPE!" when half of the test was about the most basic stuff , which we learned at the very beginning of the course . Of course being a fool I did not prepare for that .
To be fair it's not like we weren't told to study everything , our instructor even warned us specifically not to ignore the basic stuffs , so I have no one else to blame but my own for this , but still....*sigh*.....

There's still a chance that I will pass this one , but regardless , this is so bad :cry:
Hahaha, I laugh in pain for you. That happened to me on my math Final. I thought that some of this hard stuff would be on the test. Turns out that there were exactly 2 questions pertaining to it and the rest was about other, easier, stuff. I'm sure you'll pass.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Deske wrote: Hahaha, I laugh in pain for you. That happened to me on my math Final. I thought that some of this hard stuff would be on the test. Turns out that there were exactly 2 questions pertaining to it and the rest was about other, easier, stuff. I'm sure you'll pass.
heh yeah ^^" , I hope I pass as well , thanks ^^"
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

serence ice fox wrote:sorrow : I just finished the last of the final exams today , and I did I horribly . I spent the last couple of days studying the more complex part of the lessons , thinking that because of how hard they are , they will surely be on the test , only to be smacked in the face with a giant "NOPE!" when half of the test was about the most basic stuff , which we learned at the very beginning of the course . Of course being a fool I did not prepare for that .

Brah, I feel your pain. What class was this for?

Joy: It's not 12ºF outside anymore.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Cm4F wrote: Brah, I feel your pain. What class was this for?

Joy: It's not 12ºF outside anymore.
it's one of those syntactical class ^^"
Furious : so our internet cable got cut again , and this time they have the nerve to say that expect it to be fix on the 28th , it got snapped from the 5th , and we know they found where the damage is , WHY DO YOU WAIT UNTIL 28 ?!
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Joy: I'm officially employed! :mrgreen:

Sorrow: My first shift starts at 6:30 AM tomorrow, so I won't be able to stay up for the comic on Fridays anymore. Oh well.

What am I saying? The comic updates Friday morning! :lol:
Last edited by Douglas Collier on Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah I can see how that would be sad, but I'm sure that all of your shifts won't be at 6:30 AM right? Anyway, congratulations on getting a job!
Douglas Collier

Only on Saturdays, until 12:15. My other shift is Wednesday from 2:30 to 9:30 PM
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: We got some snow!
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sorrow:
After 16 years of protecting my family, flying over fences (quite literally), walking a dirt path into the ground, and teaching the next generation of dogs how to protect a home, my oldest friend, Buster, died today silently and happily in my dad's arms. I'm going to miss him so much...
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Douglas Collier

I'm sorry to hear that, Neon. :( You have my condolences.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

MrNeonShot wrote:Sorrow:
After 16 years of protecting my family, flying over fences (quite literally), walking a dirt path into the ground, and teaching the next generation of dogs how to protect a home, my oldest friend, Buster, died today silently and happily in my dad's arms. I'm going to miss him so much...
I'm sorry to hear that Neon :( , at least he went peacefully
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

I'm sorry to hear that Neon. May he rest in peace. :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sorry for your loss Neon. I hope you can get through it.
Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

I'm sorry that had to happen Neon. Hope you're doing ok.
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

He was a great dog...
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I said it on skype but I'll say it again. I'm truly sorry for your loss, Neon. I know first hand what it is to lose a pet and to lose a loved one. If there's anythign I can do to help you please don't hesitate to ask.

Joy: Had a productive afternoon of gardening.
Sorrow: Accidentally knocked out a bird's nest with two baby wrens when I pulled out a plant.
Mixed: At least they're wrens so they're not a rare or endangered species - rather they're very common.
Hopefully a joy: I put the nest back in a nearby plant that I wasn't going to pull out and later saw a male and female wren near the nest. So hopefully the parents found the chicks again and will look after them again. *crosses his pawfingers and hopes*
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorry that happened to you, Neon. At least he went peacefully and with loved ones.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Don't worry Hlaoroo! I'm sure that everything will work out fine for the wrens.
Cesco

Post by Cesco »

It's a sad loss, MrNeonShot, but your friend was now old. Fortunately he passed away with his loved owners. :) Remember all the great time spend with him. :D
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Extreme Joy: I am actually crying right now (partly from the happiness, mainly from all the memories). A couple years ago, I had a boyfriend that had cancer. I cared about him a lot and if it weren't for him, I wouldn't be alive today (I won't go into detail of what he did, but I will say he did stop me from doing something really bad). A couple of months before he lost his battle with cancer, he gave me a gift for my birthday (at the time I never really celebrated birthdays; I still don't). It was a sleeveless shirt. I know it doesn't sound like much, but the shirt was from 1981, during Rush's "Moving Pictures" tour. Rush was our favorite band and I loved the shirt. About three months after he passed, my mother and I had to move and the shirt got lost during the move. I was going through some old clothes not too long ago and I found the shirt in there.
Photo on 1-10-15 at 11.37 PM.jpg
Photo on 1-10-15 at 11.37 PM.jpg (87.21 KiB) Viewed 9048 times

I... I honestly can't express the happiness I feel right now in words.....
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I'm sorry to hear about your friend, Serge. I'm glad you found the shirt though. Keepsakes and treasured memories like that are irreplaceable so it's great that you still have it and that you can remember the good times with your buddy. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

To Neon and Sergei: Sorry i wasn't around to read those at the time. I'm sad to hear that about your dog, Neon, but at least he lived a long life. :(

As for Sergei, that's so sad. D: But i'm glad you found the shirt. Keepsakes are important for the memories and nostalgia and as long as you don't grow too attached to them, they are worth it. :3

Sorrow: My cousin in Calgary lost his job with a co-worker for not locking up a area due to an incident. Apparantly he had no idea, but they fired him anyway. =\ He's currently signed up for two jobs and I hope it works out for him. In the meantime, i'm just hanging out with him while he's free, so i'll be busy with him in the meantime, playing games.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorry to hear about your cousin. I hope that he does get a new job soon.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sorry for your loss, Sergei. Thats an awesome shirt you have there ^^

Thanks for all the kind words, guys.
The saddest part about losing Buster is that his best friend, lookout dog, and successor, Oso the neighbor dog, can no longer bark at Buster to tell him we were home or around his area. He's so sad without Buster :'(
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : Fixed my computer, it runs very nice now. Not looking forward to reinstalling Skyrim, but most of my other stuff is reinstalled.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Oh, cool Deske. It's always nice having a working hard drive with your computer. :P

Even though this was earlier this week, I guess I could list this:
Joy: My truck passed inspection for another two years. I know different states deal with tagging vehicles differently, but in Delaware you have to go for a quick inspection at the DMV. They check your windows, lights, emissions, and then you have to drive forward onto a special set of plates that you have to brake hard on so they can make sure your brakes work.

The big joy is that I was pretty sure I would fail the brake test because the front right brake hangs up slightly when you first press the petal and the back left has a very, very minor fluid leak that makes it feel kinda funny. Now I don't have to work on the brakes for a little while! (And before you all say something, yes, the truck is safe. It still brakes just the same as it always has.)
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

sorrow: winter break's over, back to the grind of classes.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow: Aaaand something screwed up. When I try to choose a place to download a file in Firefox, the left side of the file explorer, where the rest of the computer is, doesn't show up. Just some random file. Like right now it's on Pictures and I can't change that.
Does the same thing with Utorrent too. I'm downloading Overgrowth and when I go to choose a place for the file, it shows up the exact same way. I did a bunch of scans and windows, CCleaner, and SuperAntiVirus tell me there's nothing wrong.

I restarted, it blue screened on shutdown, then proceeded to start back up again. Now it works. I am beyond confused...
Render
Wanna play a game?

Re:

Post by Render »

Sorrow: I left the navigation system plugged in and it drained my car's battery during the last week. Waiting for my aunt to come home to supply power to start my car...
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Aarden

Post by Aarden »

Sorrow: Warning light on my car again.
Joy: Still in warranty at least, hopefully it isn't a major problem.

Sorrow: 3 hour semiconductor and analogue electronics exam on Wednesday.
Douglas Collier

Frustration: DISH added Animal planet for just a little while and then took it away - that's like giving a dog a bone and then taking it away. :x Also, I'm really sick of all the HD and movie channels they keep adding that are useless to us - we keep turning those channels off and they keep adding new ones.

Sorrow: Due to our location out in the middle of nowhere, we're pretty much stuck with them. :(
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Joy: planning a full gaming PC, all from the store I work at, with heavy discounts. Soon nobody will be safe from my mouse clicking wrath! :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Deske

Post by Deske »

Kyuunado wrote:Joy: planning a full gaming PC, all from the store I work at, with heavy discounts. Soon nobody will be safe from my mouse clicking wrath! :lol:
Become a GOD!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

It will be glorious :lol:
Also I will be able to play proper online games with everyone. Win. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: The snow melted
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: My life is mostly starting to stabilize a bit.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!