Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Shadowstar23

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Joy: My best friend offered to let me live with him in Calif. after the school year is over.
Anxiety: Not sure how the school year will end.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Joy: I sorted out my Minecraft login! I'm back in the game! :D
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: its the new year!

Sorrow: It's my grandfather's birthday. He would have been 77.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joyish Sorrow... A feeling of some sort: So. I got $355 for christmas. I deposit it. Bank of America says "No, you get some now and some later." or something to that effect, MAYBE. It could have been a flub or something. But I distinctly remember spending all of my money on things I needed or wanted and I remember having all $355 in my account. I'm confused.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Well Deske, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to say happened.

What I can tell you though is if that money was in checks, the bank saying "you get some now and some later" is a pretty standard thing. If you deposit a check, the bank doesn't always let you spend all of the money right away so they have time to make sure that it doesn't bounce. That usually doesn't take more than a day though.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Deske

Post by Deske »

I deposited all $355 dollars in cash to an ATM.
Macsen

Post by Macsen »

Deske wrote:Joyish Sorrow... A feeling of some sort: So. I got $355 for christmas. I deposit it. Bank of America says "No, you get some now and some later." or something to that effect, MAYBE. It could have been a flub or something. But I distinctly remember spending all of my money on things I needed or wanted and I remember having all $355 in my account. I'm confused.
I have Bank of America. Their rule is that you get access to up to $100 of the deposit immediately. The rest should free up by the next business day.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorrow: Got bitten on my hind paw by an ant.

Joy: At least I'm not allergic. :P

Joy: At least Mum got the other one that was crawling over my shoulders towards my neck before it got me.

Joy: Listening to nice music on my iPod makes me happy. :) Gotta love the simple pleasures in life. :)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

Aarden

Post by Aarden »

Joy: I have some bananas.
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Joy: Made milk tea without messing up and ending up with something bitter. I appreciate the little things. :)
All your acorns are belong to us.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: My mom is sick and I may be the next one.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Joy: Finished my transfer application
Terror: Now I sit here and wait.
Waiting is terrifying.
Just an Arc
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : Ahhhhh my Amazon package shipped and should be here on Monday.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Joy: watching a musical; 'The Phantom of the Opera' tonight!

Edit.
Joy: And it was awesome. :D
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Whozjama

Post by Whozjama »

Joy: I finally managed to get my hands on some more origami paper, my supply was getting low.

Sorrow: Cold today, even colder tomorrow. Yay!
All your acorns are belong to us.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: Got three seasons of Bones on DVD today for the usual price of one season! I love sales!
Joy: Got four books really cheaply because they were also on sale!
Joy: Saw The Hobbit and it was awesome!
Joy: Saw Guardians of the Galaxy (finally) and absolutely loved it!

All in all, a pretty good day! :D
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

Sorrow: I have to go back to college the 10th. *Sigh* Back to the battlefield that is school.
Sorrow: I'm going to lose weight most likely while I'm there... again. (Already skinny, trying to regain lost muscle from last semester. I was starting to look bad at the end of the semester.)
Sorrow: This semester is "do or die." If I screw it up now, I can kiss my school goodbye.
Sorrow: Scholarship hunting is a hassle.
Sorrow: My schedule is screwed up somehow and I have to go in to fix it with my counselor. Great... >~<
Sorrow: I'm starting to get sore from starting to exercise again.

And I've only been awake for 2 hours. I hope the day gets better. But... a couple things stand out from the rest of the day so far:

Joy: I found SAO's (Sword Art Online) Opening for Season 1. Yay! Been rewatching it recently and I forgot how much I love the theme. ^w^
Joy: I now have an Attack on Titan belt and keychain. :D
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : I've got my short anime watch list all set up.
Joy : Might not have school tomorrow due to cold whether.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorrow: I don't think its going to snow here.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: Just found out that they put the tv show Friends on Netflix.
Joy: My Absol Pillow came in the mail today!

Sorrow: Went in to get my teeth cleaned aaaaaaaaand I have four cavities.
Joy/Sorrow (I don't really know): I don't have to get my wisdom teeth taken out apparently.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Going to therapy to get better tomorrow.
More Joy: Getting a game in the mail in a couple of weeks.
Even More Joy: It's my birthday on Friday
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : Haa~ finally. Finished the Modern Warfare story arc. Mmm what a nice ending that was.
Aarden

Post by Aarden »

Sorrow: Will be sitting a semiconductor exam this time next week
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Joy: Woot! I got a job at Dollar General! All I need to do is go in on Friday to fill out paperwork and then I start. :D
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : My hard drive came! Now to begin the transfer process.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Sorrow: I have been off my antidepressants about a week (I think; I can't remember that well how long it has been) and I feel awful. I'm not sure if that is some kind of withdrawal, but I can't sleep and I feel weak (I can barely hold myself up when I am standing and things are getting much harder to pick up).

Sorrow: For the past few days, my memory has suffered drastically. I will go to sleep and not remember many things when I wake up. My psychologist says it is due to stress causing my mind to forget things/events that I don't want to remember. I can usually remember something if my memory gets triggered by someone or something. This morning, I learned I lived in Kentucky. I also learned that I have been living in Kentucky for 9 years. I found out I have a psychologist too (I found the report she had of my memory problems sitting the desk in front of my bed). I hate this feeling so much. I even forgot a couple of members of this forum (who I now remember by scrolling through old pm). I have spent a lot of the day writing down what is important to me and things I want to remember in case I forget. So far, I have my family, my boyfriend, my friends, my band, the forums, and some other things written down.

Joy: Even with the memory problems, it seems that I am only forgetting things that have personally happened, not any skills or such (I think).
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Deske wrote:Joy : My hard drive came! Now to begin the transfer process.
What kind of hard drive? I'm curious.

Joy: I was having a problem with some drop-down menus online, but I figured it out and now they're working fine. You gotta be careful with what extensions you use in your browsers.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

SergeiTheFox wrote:Sorrow: I have been off my antidepressants about a week (I think; I can't remember that well how long it has been) and I feel awful. I'm not sure if that is some kind of withdrawal, but I can't sleep and I feel weak (I can barely hold myself up when I am standing and things are getting much harder to pick up).

Sorrow: For the past few days, my memory has suffered drastically. I will go to sleep and not remember many things when I wake up. My psychologist says it is due to stress causing my mind to forget things/events that I don't want to remember. I can usually remember something if my memory gets triggered by someone or something. This morning, I learned I lived in Kentucky. I also learned that I have been living in Kentucky for 9 years. I found out I have a psychologist too (I found the report she had of my memory problems sitting the desk in front of my bed). I hate this feeling so much. I even forgot a couple of members of this forum (who I now remember by scrolling through old pm). I have spent a lot of the day writing down what is important to me and things I want to remember in case I forget. So far, I have my family, my boyfriend, my friends, my band, the forums, and some other things written down.

Joy: Even with the memory problems, it seems that I am only forgetting things that have personally happened, not any skills or such (I think).
May I ask what kind of antidepressants you were on? I've taken SSRIs for panic disorder and they have weird side-effects when starting and stopping treatment.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorry to hear that, Serg. I suggest you continue to work closely with your doctors and psychologists as you seem to be doing. It might be worth going back on the antidepressants too if they're having that effect on you. THey're certainly something that shouldn't be stopped suddenly.
That memory issue is quite scary though. If there's anything I can do to help/support you then please don't hesitate to ask.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

JeffCvt wrote:

Joy: I was having a problem with some drop-down menus online, but I figured it out and now they're working fine. You gotta be careful with what extensions you use in your browsers.
2 TB Western Digital Black

Sorrow : I got over to my friends house to migrate my OS to the new hard drive and of course when I say I'll do it at home, my original hard drive doesn't work. Now I have no computer.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Jeez Sergei, that sounds horrible. I hope that you can figure this out and get the help you need.
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Deske wrote:
JeffCvt wrote:

2 TB Western Digital Black

Sorrow : I got over to my friends house to migrate my OS to the new hard drive and of course when I say I'll do it at home, my original hard drive doesn't work. Now I have no computer.
You should be able to get recovery media from the manufacturer, but they may charge.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Deske

Post by Deske »

Eh, my friends just helping me reinstall it onto the new drive. Got it working and all I have to do is run the installer, hopefully it'll find the drivers I need and then I'll copy paste files from the old C to the new.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Joy: Over the last week, I have worked over 60 hours.
Joy: I'm get to go to Chicago on Sunday.
Joy: Still have nearly two weeks of break left before it's back to the books.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Joy/Sorrow (Not sure): I started taking my antidepressants again last night. The sleeplessness and weakness feel like they are starting to go away. I also woke up this morning without forgetting anything (although, I did have some strange dreams last night). I think my medication has something to do with this.
Dissension wrote:
SergeiTheFox wrote:Sorrow: I have been off my antidepressants about a week (I think; I can't remember that well how long it has been) and I feel awful. I'm not sure if that is some kind of withdrawal, but I can't sleep and I feel weak (I can barely hold myself up when I am standing and things are getting much harder to pick up).

May I ask what kind of antidepressants you were on? I've taken SSRIs for panic disorder and they have weird side-effects when starting and stopping treatment.
I take an SSRI too. I take something called "Paroxetine", which treats my depression, OCD, and anxiety.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: My birthday starts in 5 hours!
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sorrow: Whist trying to reheat my pizza in the oven, I burnt my finger really badly. Dat sting though.
ImageImage

Deske

Post by Deske »

Cm4F wrote:Sorrow: Whist trying to reheat my pizza in the oven, I burnt my finger really badly. Dat sting though.
When I used to work at Arbys I grabbed a hot pot with Au Jus in it. I had burn marks over my fingers on my right hand.

Sorrow : I still have not fixed my computer. My friend thinks the Windows installer is missing a boot loader.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Deske wrote:
Cm4F wrote:Sorrow: Whist trying to reheat my pizza in the oven, I burnt my finger really badly. Dat sting though.
When I used to work at Arbys I grabbed a hot pot with Au Jus in it. I had burn marks over my fingers on my right hand.

Sorrow : I still have not fixed my computer. My friend thinks the Windows installer is missing a boot loader.
Sorrow: Mine was a 3nd degree burn, apparently.
Joy: My neighbor is a doctor and dressed it for me so I didn't have to go to the ER thankfully.
Sorrow: The burn is on my dominate hand soooooo, everything is the struggle.
Last edited by Cm4F on Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage

Deske

Post by Deske »

Isn't 3rd degree damage to tissues below the skin layers? Or is it just damage to all layers of the skin. Either way, sounds awful.