Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

JeffCvt

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by JeffCvt »

Windows actually gave you a warning it was going bad? Or are you running programs to see your usage and your available RAM is just going down?
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Deske

Post by Deske »

JeffCvt wrote:Windows actually gave you a warning it was going bad? Or are you running programs to see your usage and your available RAM is just going down?
No, it pops up warnings when I'm playing games that I have low RAM available. Despite the fact that I'm using 5.22/8GB.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sorry for your loss Sergei. If you need anything, I'm here.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

I feel ya Deske, random computer errors sure are a pain in the butt. Speaking of;

Sorrow: My desktop keeps freezing and blue screening for some weird reason. Pretty sure it's not a virus as my antivirus program would have notified me. What's worse is that I performed a factory reset yesterday and it's still crashing on me. Prolly a hardware issue, but then I would have no idea how to fix that.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

More Sorrow: I got my father's cold and I only got two hours of sleep since my nose was too stuffy.
Douglas Collier

Post by Douglas Collier »

Being sick stinks. I'm still recovering from something myself - my throat's scratchy and I keep hacking up stuff. :P You have my sympathy.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I hope this isn't a week long flu either. Thanks for the sympathy.
Deske

Post by Deske »

Joy : It is cold outside. Very cold. It's 18F with a wind chill to 3F. The walk from my car to my school was possibly the most painful feeling wind has ever created for my face. But it's fantastic.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Joy: Yesterday evening, I went down to the river (I live near the Ohio River) with about 20 students and we had a small service for our friend and classmate that died from the car accident. After the service, we said a prayer for him and his family, then we lit sky lanterns and sent them over the river. It was a beautiful service and I will never forget it.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

Glad y'all got closure.

Losing a classmate is a really weird experience to say the least.
Just an Arc
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow : I left part of my rough draft for my grade-hinging research paper at school. Luckily it was only 1 page. But it was great because I have no idea how I did the layout for it.
Douglas Collier

Joy: I'm no longer hacking up phlegm
Sorrow: It was replaced by a dripping nose and excessive sneezing. XP
Pass me another "Tish, You!" please
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Joy: Feeding pademelons joeys is the messiest, cutest and most fun job ever and I got to do it! :D
Here's a picture of a pademelon (not the ones I was feeding - I haven't any good pictures of them yet)
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

joy?: I think I just made a plan for what I want to do post graduation, and it feels weird to feel like a responsible adult.

sorrow: apparently the company i wanted to work for doesn't treat their employees the best. I'll see if that changes in the year and a half until my graduation.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Awwww. Look at the cute little kangaroos! They are so adorable!
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Sorrow: The past few hours have been absolutely awful. In this short period, my mother OD'd, I had to call 911 twice, I was physically assaulted with a pair of scissors, and I was choked until I passed out. My dad is at his mother's house, my mother is in the hospital, and I am staying the night at my neighbor's tonight. I would really appreciate any advice on what I should do from here...
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Sorry to hear that, Serg. That sounds horrible. My only advice would be to stay strong and go to the police. Make sure they know everything and they'll help get you away and keep you away from those who're hurting you and they can make sure your mother gets the care she needs too. Also pray. And if there's anything I can do to help then you only have to ask.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Sometimes, bad stuff happens and we get stuck in the middle of it. You aren't at fault. Don't even momentarily entertain the notion you've done something wrong. It very much sounds as though you reacted extremely well to both situations.

This may be hard to believe, but things are gonna be OK. Keep doing what's right to mentally and physically protect yourself. I'm sure people will gladly offer advice one-on-one. Let us know if there's something we can do for you; we'll always be here and we've got your back.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

SergeiTheFox wrote:Sorrow: The past few hours have been absolutely awful. In this short period, my mother OD'd, I had to call 911 twice, I was physically assaulted with a pair of scissors, and I was choked until I passed out. My dad is at his mother's house, my mother is in the hospital, and I am staying the night at my neighbor's tonight. I would really appreciate any advice on what I should do from here...
It's ok bud. As Diss said, we're here for you. It'll get better soon. :)

Joy: Writers block is going away!
Joy: I got through the first five nights in Five Nights at Freddy's 2! In under an hour! 8-)
MEGA JOY: It's all recorded too. :D
Sorrow: The first half of the audio is muted because of me using the song 'Castle of Glass' by Linkin Park. Darn it copyright claims! :(
Oh well, at least I have the video (From my livestream). :)
InDaZone1219

Post by InDaZone1219 »

SergeiTheFox wrote:Sorrow: The past few hours have been absolutely awful. In this short period, my mother OD'd, I had to call 911 twice, I was physically assaulted with a pair of scissors, and I was choked until I passed out. My dad is at his mother's house, my mother is in the hospital, and I am staying the night at my neighbor's tonight. I would really appreciate any advice on what I should do from here...
You have my sympathy, but who would try to assault you, especially in the midst of your mother's condition?
D3ath_0ps wrote:
It's ok bud. As Diss said, we're here for you. It'll get better soon. :)

Joy: Writers block is going away!
Joy: I got through the first five nights in Five Nights at Freddy's 2! In under an hour! 8-)
MEGA JOY: It's all recorded too. :D
Sorrow: The first half of the audio is muted because of me using the song 'Castle of Glass' by Linkin Park. Darn it copyright claims! :(
Oh well, at least I have the video (From my livestream). :)
Copyright claims strike again!

Joy: I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow for the illness I had since last Thursday.
Joy: In my case, the time while being sick yielded great ideas for some art I'm in the progress of sketching right now. :D
A steady, but luminous glow of power in the dark
Douglas Collier

Sorrow: My runny nose seems to have turned into a full-blown sinus infection. :(
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My cold seems to be clearing up some!
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Sorrow: Mathematical Induction makes me want to cry.
Joy: I'm gonna be 20 this Saturday!
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Deske

Post by Deske »

Sorrow : This guy that me and a friend were gonna buy a truck from, sold his truck this morning.
Douglas Collier

Joy: Feeling much better. Not at 100% just yet, though - maybe 80%.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: My cold is completely cleared now!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Joy. Thanksgiving is in four days.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Joy: Sister is coming home for Thanksgiving

Sorrow: I can't drive her car anymore since mine still doesn't have a muffler on it and won't until next Sunday when it gets fixed, meaning I'll have to badger one of my parents for their cars (my car is by far the most superior, but I can't drive it now so I'm stuck with subpar cars. LOL I'm joking because a car is a car)
Douglas Collier

Sorrow: We used up our monthly quota for high speed Internet, so we're relegated to 150K of data per second - this means we won't be able to download or upload any large files (at least not without it taking all day). So no YouTube and no sending full-sized pictures.

Joy: This shouldn't interfere with anything on the forums. :D
Deske

Post by Deske »

I might be getting a 4WD jeep for cheap as howl.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

sorrow: I procrastinated enough recently that I have like 4 big assignments piling up these next 2 weeks. I can;t even afford to not work during thanksgiving Break cause I have a paper and a large project due a week after that and I have started neither.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: My date went well! I'm really happy about them. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

sorrow/anger : one of my friends plugged his usb into my computer , and before I know it , my PC is flooded with "viruses and unwanted programs" , I've ran Avira (antivirus program) again and again and apparently it does nothing , it keeps detecting from 2 , 3 , 7 , or even 11 of those things at times , and one of them called "TR/Starter.Y" , which is apparently a rather dangerous virus. :( :x
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Well I feel like crying.

In all her life my sister has known that all she has to do is scream, cry, strop and lie and she gets her own way.
If she doesn't get what she wants she'll scream at us, insults, throwing things, occasionally violence.
And if that doesn't work, she runs to social services. She has LIED to them for years and years, making up a new story about someone each time. And yet even though it is constantly show to be false THEY KEEP BELIEVEING HER.
Little story, whever we go out to eat she will start yelling and screaming if people can see her when she eats. so we are forced to find a secluded seating area. once we sat in a normal place and didn't abide by her screaming demands. so she went to social services and told them these exact words, "My family are constantly forcing me to do things that I find uncomfortable. And they get angry when I don't do that sort of stuff for them." And they believed her, made a whole investigation, found out the truth and has yet to this day still gone and believed every lie she has told them.

And now she is directing it at me. One reason is because I no longer buy her things. Because
she is unnapreciative and rude when you do. So I stopped and now she has been telling them that I have stopped so that I can buy illegal and suspicious things instead.
Next, my friend lent us his spare laptop for...US BOTH...to use for a while. She took it, became violent and rude when I asked if I could use it, took it to school (a school she has a track record for losing expensive things at) she lost the power cable and refused to look for it, she COATED it with paint. So he got angry and refused to let her use it. So she has been telling the social workers that I am stealing her stuff and I get angry when she asks for it back, making her feel threatened.
She only asked for it ONCE. I politely said okay but I would like it back when you are done please. AND I have someone who was with me at the time who can vouch for me. Yet no, social services dismiss this and believe her.
She has also been telling them that she is worried about my thoughts, she doesn't feel safe around me. That i'm not right and have been doing things I shouldn't. And even though when asked what exactly she is talking about she has refused to give any examples or anything of the sort, they still believe her. the constant lies and they still believe whatever she comes out with.
So now they are threatening me with a conjunction or something, threatening to FORCE me out of the house. Regardless of her found out lieing track record I am now being threatened. Every day for the past couple of years I have endured threats, insults and have even sat there with her screaming at me for no reason, trying to ignore her because I can't do anything about her behaviour. I sacrifice all my spare time to do whatever she wants me to do, getting nothing but abuse in return and because I don't do a few things for her, she starts lying to social services about me and is close to getting me kicked out. Meaning I will be homeless, penniless because my mum has taken all my money to impress her new boyfriend, and will have a record on my name meaning I wont ever be able to get a job. can't go back to uni because my uni is refusing to allow me to take a test to prove I have dyslexia and dyspraxia. the assesment showed I have both, but the final is what I need to be acknowledged for it. Meaning I physically cannot pass any teste. so education route is also a bust.

What the hell else in my already messed up crap life can go wrong? It is at it's worst now as what the hell can be worse?
My only hope was moving out but thanks to mum I am stuck here. I'm screwed completely.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Douglas Collier

I don't want to sound cruel, but maybe you could have her institutionalized?
Deske

Post by Deske »

serence ice fox wrote:sorrow/anger : one of my friends plugged his usb into my computer , and before I know it , my PC is flooded with "viruses and unwanted programs" , I've ran Avira (antivirus program) again and again and apparently it does nothing , it keeps detecting from 2 , 3 , 7 , or even 11 of those things at times , and one of them called "TR/Starter.Y" , which is apparently a rather dangerous virus. :( :x
I hate viruses which is why I don't let my friends touch my computer with anything of theirs. I've never heard of Avira so I don't know how to solve it with that, try other programs if you feel like it. Otherwise, try and backup what you can and do a wipe.

Wolfy, this is the time when you should have some form of recording, whether it be taped or video'd. You need proof that she is lying, definitive proof. The justice system has absolutely no tolerance for any sort of male in this situation. You will need to prove that she is the one doing this. Sorry that it's happening to you mate, but I don't know what else to say. Also, I've got to agree with what Douglas is saying. It's not cruel or rude anymore to recommend that she be put in a mental ward.
D3ath_0ps

Post by D3ath_0ps »

I'm very sorry to hear that Wolf, but I have to agree with Deske, get some evidence of this so you can effectively fight her claims.

Joy: I just finished another chapter of my fic! Onto editing and final revisions! I'M SO CLOSE!!

Sorrow: I'm currently doing an essay for a American Gov't class. Send help. Losing my mind. X(
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Wolfy, I'm very sorry to hear that. That sounds like a lot to cope with. I agree with the others, that perhaps it's time to get difinitive proof and take action against her, hard though it may be. If you need any kind of support we're all here for you. My little sister has dyspraxia so I kinda know how hard that makes things too, so if you need to talk or vent any time then feel free to drop me a line. I think you're doing admirably well to soldier on as you are and I hope and pray you can stay strong and get through this.

Serence: Viruses suck. Perhaps you need to back up your computer and then wipe and reinstall the OS. That should get rid of them, although it's a pain to have to do. Obbl is a computer major and Jeff recently wiped his OS too so they might be able to give you some tips if you ask. ;)
I also recommend BitDefender as an antivirus program. This thread might also give you some ideas on how to deal with your problem.
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sorry to hear that Wolfy. I hope that things will eventually get better for you.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

serence ice fox wrote:sorrow/anger : one of my friends plugged his usb into my computer , and before I know it , my PC is flooded with "viruses and unwanted programs" , I've ran Avira (antivirus program) again and again and apparently it does nothing , it keeps detecting from 2 , 3 , 7 , or even 11 of those things at times , and one of them called "TR/Starter.Y" , which is apparently a rather dangerous virus. :( :x
:shock: Oh dear,
Um, yeah this one needs attention now-ish. My usual go-to with bad stuff is Malware Bytes. I would start with that (feel free to uninstall it when you're done). If it doesn't work after a couple tries, then I'm seeing reports of Combofix. This is a very aggressive anti-virus software for removing very aggressive viruses, so it may remove programs and other things from your computer that you have been using. Make sure you get help if it asks you to do something to a part of the system that seems important/you don't know what it is. The page I linked has help resources and a sort of step-by-step guide. So if it comes to that, make sure you follow it.
Sorry about that. It doesn't look like a good one.