Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

ShadowLightning

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by ShadowLightning »

Slight Sorrow: I have to read 11 chapters in my book for tomorrow's test. Darn you procrastination, darn you I say!
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: No school
Sorrow: Long boring day ahead
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Joy: Started my work experience placement today at a vets. It was great, everyone is very nice and helpful. They show me what I need to do and answer every question I have...even going as far as to force me to take a lunch break while I would prefer to finish up some more work! :lol:
It is exhausting though. There is little time to sit down so I'm on my feet all day. And it is constant work, not many seconds in between doing a new thing. And building on that there is little time to snuggle the resident cat! *huffs* And even with it all over I spent the last few hours of this day doing research so I can understand more for the future.
There were some bad points though. During my first surgery I was witnessing a cat undergo a speying operation. Normally it would be quick but she has already had a couple of litters so it took a looong time. And well..I mean I've always been fine with all that sort of stuff, never had a single problem but...the longer it went on for the more I felt like I just had to sit down. Felt all clammy and dizzy, hands shaking, limbs weren't too strong, that sort of thing. I was fine throughout the other surgeries but that one just got to me for some reason. It was weird.
And also there...well thank god I didn't have to witness it or even know which breed it was but there was a euthanisation. That just didn't make me feel good at all. Poor thing. :cry:
One day down 19 more to go.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Annoyed: My best friend was talking to me about how I should go to College when he already knows how I feel about that.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Sorrow: My friend's grandfather recently passed away, and I'm doing the best I can to help and support his family. I understand that he just needs some time alone, but he's just been so distant and sometimes even hostile towards me lately. I wish I could do more to help him :(

Small joy: Trying out Ice cream fondue tonight for the first time!
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
aBritishfox

Post by aBritishfox »

deepskycyan wrote:Sorrow: My friend's grandfather recently passed away, and I'm doing the best I can to help and support his family. I understand that he just needs some time alone, but he's just been so distant and sometimes even hostile towards me lately. I wish I could do more to help him.
I know how you feel when my friends grandad passed as well, like you said, they just need some time to themselves. I'd recomend letting them get on with their lives for a while and then continue because since your friend is acting hostile to you, I'd hold the flag for a bit.
Did you know my friends call me "The Great Pontificator"! Or was it "The Great Time Waster"?

twitter: https://twitter.com/aBritishfox

Sometimes, being a Sentient Inflatable means air is the only answer for true happiness
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Shock: I never knew Oggy and the Cockroaches has a movie! There's even a Sherlock Holmes parody xD

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Hyped: Bravely Default comes out Friday!
Joy: Drew 2 pictures of Meow today!
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Joy: I think I've finally got my life on track again. I've sorted out what I want in the short term, so my aims clear. Objectives are kinda loose right now, but I think I'd best thing hard and long before committing myself to another objective (and ensure that objective isn't a boy). I know where I'll be for the next 3 months for sure, and hopefully the next 2-3 years past that. I'm sure problems will come up along the way, but to lie down in bed without worrying about all of that is pretty incredible.

For the record, it's taken me over a year to get this far, and the most I've learnt is that the human mind doesn't follow logical reasoning at the best and worst of times. I really hope I don't fall back down into that pit, but I don't find it likely now.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

Sorrow : the next monday , February 10th , will be the first day me and my friends go to a high school to watch the teachers there do their teaching and then practice teaching ourselves (I'm studying pedagogy) , this will last for 4 weeks , and I'm so freaked out right now , the thought of me messing up when it's my turn to stand there , in front of that many students and teachers just keeps coming back to me and scares me senseless ,so many possible ways for that to happen , me pronouncing a word wrong , forgot some grammar rules , a student ask a question that I should know the answer but don't , bad lesson planning.......... :? :cry:
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I'm sure it will go fine Serence, people don't tend to care as much about grammar or how you pronounce things these days. And lesson planning can't be much harder than it is for UK teachers, which they are lazy with. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: This is gonna be a long day....
More sorrow: I wish I was more interesting...
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Joy: our history teacher isn't in lesson today!
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Joy: Choooooclate =)
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

deepskycyan wrote:Sorrow: My friend's grandfather recently passed away, and I'm doing the best I can to help and support his family. I understand that he just needs some time alone, but he's just been so distant and sometimes even hostile towards me lately. I wish I could do more to help him :(
I think you might find this helpful: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C3%BCbler-Ross_model

It's an article on the five stages of grief. Just about everybody goes through it during the grieving process. You don't always have to pass through each stage chronologically, there's no defined time for each stage, and you can certain skip back to former steps frequently. Your friend is probably flipping between Stage 2 and Stage 4, and he just needs time. I suggest just making sure you're not being a doormat to him and making sure he isn't escalating his behavior physically towards you, but other than that a snappy comment or general agitation can be completely normal. Also, since he's a guy, depending on what culture you're from, he might be worried about being emasculated if he cries, so he might replace it with hostility instead. (It's actually a real thing, I didn't make that up.) You're being a good friend, he does need people around, but if he says he needs some space, just give him some space for a little bit and then check up on him after a little while. I've lost a grandfather and a classmate of seven years, so I understand the emotions he's probably experiencing right now.

Best of luck to you guys! Let me know if you need someone to talk to.

Blargh: Midterms week. I can't even- How do I human?
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
ShadowLightning

Anxious: I signed up for an audition to be one of the MCs for this year's Prom. Somehow I'm starting to regret that decision...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Two hour delay!
Sorrow: Too lazy to upload my art and now it's piling up...
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Upload it before that happens then eh? :P
Well your contribution to the art thread should suddenly jump. :lol:
Crux

Post by Crux »

Sorrow: School stress is making me feel depressed again :(

Joy: At least I get to drink coffee more than once everyday :?
Despite What You've been told... I once had a soul.
Left somewhere behind...
~~Avatar by MrAxolatte~!!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Coffee makes everything better. :lol:
Sorrow: mock exams next week which are being treated like official exams. :| Nobody cares school, nobody.
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

Sorrow: So I get presented with a once in a lifetime opportunity to witness and learn more about how they created the Horizon programs. The secret lives of cats program that they made a little while ago. Something I've wanted to do since the first one came out. So what happens? The night before I am to go I get incredibly ill and so am forced to miss it...I...I think I may scream and then go cry somewhere.
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Bravely Default came out today! Going to get it afterschool!
Sorrow: It's already on the eshop so if I bought the cards yesterday, I could have got it right now... :(
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

Joy: Getting stipend in a week, and my pay for a bit of "freelance" work I did came in today. Now I at least have a couple more months of not having Internet connection embarrassingly cut of because of not paying in time :lol: AND if my calculations line up, I'll have enough cash saved up for a bit of a weird idea for summer vacations.

Joy 2: New lesson schedule ended up being quite nicely made, but...

Sorrow: ...we're not getting any kind of "prolonged" weekends during holidays in May. *sigh*
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sorrow: I walked to work as usual this morning, with my long coat and scarf, and someone called the police and said that there was a "suspicious character" in the neighborhood! They seem to think that some one with their face covered was a strange thing when it is bellow freezing outside at 5AM!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Pain: Wisdom tooth. Coming in. It sucks. I don't think I need to say more.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Drew my fursona today!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

JeffCvt wrote:Pain: Wisdom tooth. Coming in. It sucks. I don't think I need to say more.
I know your pain, but mine have grown now and no longer hurt. Which may take a few years for you.
Megamaster wrote:Joy: Drew my fursona today!
Good on you! Do share it with us. :D
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Seconding this. Let us see! :D
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sleet wrote:Seconding this. Let us see! :D
You gotta wait till I get home. :P
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:
JeffCvt wrote:Pain: Wisdom tooth. Coming in. It sucks. I don't think I need to say more.
I know your pain, but mine have grown now and no longer hurt. Which may take a few years for you.
I'm not sure how it worked for you, but my teeth grow in bursts. They'll grow for a while, then stop when they're half way done. Then after a (Usually long) while, they'll finish growing in rather quickly. I can actually feel it in a different spot then it was yesterday. The last tooth to grow in that part of my mouth rearranged my bottom teeth and pushed them out of alignment. If this tooth doesn't stop, it's going to push them further out. I just know it.

And also, due to some ibuprofen and a little bit of medicine I just got from the local pharmacy, it doesn't hurt when I move my mouth anymore. As long as I stay on top of it, I'll be good from here on out.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

You have to be careful as they can grow downwards and not up and out. And yeah they tend to grow in bursts.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: My only sorrow as of late is I realize I can't really manage my time properly. I got so many games to play it's unreal, and people are asking me to play more games with them as more months go by. especially the MMO types.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Joy: just been looking at the planned xenoblade sequel and I must say it A) looks awesome and B) has online.
... I look forward to beating those Armu to a pulp once more. :lol:
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Anger: I can't get Bravely Default cause my SD card is too small(Money is on the eShop and I can't do anything with it). I'd have to spend an extra $20 or so to get another one and I don't have the money right now. I'm gonna have to wait on it and get a physical copy the next time I get paid when I get my job back.
ShadowLightning

Sorrow: I'm tired and sleepy as heck. Too bad there's no quiet comfy place in my house where I can sleep. :(
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

JeffCvt wrote:
Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:
I'm not sure how it worked for you, but my teeth grow in bursts. They'll grow for a while, then stop when they're half way done. Then after a (Usually long) while, they'll finish growing in rather quickly. I can actually feel it in a different spot then it was yesterday. The last tooth to grow in that part of my mouth rearranged my bottom teeth and pushed them out of alignment. If this tooth doesn't stop, it's going to push them further out. I just know it.

And also, due to some ibuprofen and a little bit of medicine I just got from the local pharmacy, it doesn't hurt when I move my mouth anymore. As long as I stay on top of it, I'll be good from here on out.
Yeah, pretty much the same case for me too. When the first one started growing three years ago, my body went into shock and I got this nasty fever, plus aching jaws with searing pain for 3 months, I think.

After that, they just grew in small bursts, with almost no pain. As long as you keep taking your meds (I don't take any because I don't want to) when they do grow, it'll be over in a few years, maybe even 10+ years.

Sorrow: Why am I so afraid of net cuddles nowadays? And I get frightened when my e-hug got reciprocated, even if I really wanted to do so in the first place. I don't understand myself sometimes...

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Sorrow: My father's old dog Henry died one year ago.
Thanks that you have been there, old buddy. You'll never be forgotten.
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

JeffCvt wrote:
Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:

Hey Jeff, I actually recommend calling your dentist and telling him your wisdom teeth are coming in and hurting. He is probably going to want some x-rays as wisdom teeth are pretty tricky. My dentist kept a very careful watch on my wisdom teeth over the years (mine started coming in when I was 11 and slowly took 6 years to fully come in!) because wisdom teeth can grow into your jaw nerves, hit other teeth, come in sideways, all sorts of things. Especially if you've had braces, this can cause a misalignment of your teeth, thus ruining what your braces fixed, and if you think you're in pain now, you don't want to know what happens when your wisdom teeth start hitting other things in your mouth.

My top wisdom teeth came in completely, while the bottom were only partially erupted. The bottom teeth eventually caused me a constant gum infection and a lot of pain since my mouth wasn't large enough to support all these teeth. I had to have mine removed last year, and since mine were already through the gum line, the surgery was pretty painless. I had more pain from the gum infection than the surgery.

However, if your dentist already has x-rays and has told you that you'll just be uncomfortable for a while, then ice can work in your favor. :P

Joy: My dad got me a Perry the Platypus and prescription sunglasses for my birthday!! Plus some money, which I'm using to buy some Homestuck merchandise. :3
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Thanks for the advice Beagle, but I already have a regular cleaning coming in two weeks (What great timing. Whenever I have dental issues, I always seem to have a cleaning a week or two away). I'm not going to force my way in for an appointment when I'll be going back only a week later. If it wasn't for that, I probably would get one sooner.

Not to mention my Dentist does know about them. Maybe not this one specifically, but one of my top ones already came in (This is a bottom one now). I was even told I may not have to have them removed because my mouth might be big enough. I doubt that now that this one has broken though, but I'm staying on top of it. Thanks for helping though!
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

JeffCvt wrote:Thanks for the advice Beagle, but I already have a regular cleaning coming in two weeks (What great timing. Whenever I have dental issues, I always seem to have a cleaning a week or two away). I'm not going to force my way in for an appointment when I'll be going back only a week later. If it wasn't for that, I probably would get one sooner.

Not to mention my Dentist does know about them. Maybe not this one specifically, but one of my top ones already came in (This is a bottom one now). I was even told I may not have to have them removed because my mouth might be big enough. I doubt that now that this one has broken though, but I'm staying on top of it. Thanks for helping though!
Well yeah, it would be kind of stupid to make an appointment when you have one two weeks away. :P

They can break though the gum, but sometimes they don't push through all the way. That's is exactly what my bottom two did. Usually if they have to remove the bottom, they remove the top ones too to prevent further complications. Just keep an eye on it and good luck!