Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by 0404 »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:Joy: I've made 100 trillion cookies in Cookie Clicker!
XD XD XD XD
GeckoZY wrote:
Sleet wrote:What's a mooncake?
It's a Chinese pastry they make during the Mid-Autumn Festival.
It's been a while since I've had a mid-autumn festival food...

Joy:
http://youtu.be/f83QnjJMc3A?t=2m36s
Got promoted in my JRTOC. I'm a flight corporal now- which is equivalent to senior airman.
Zavryn

Post by Zavryn »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:Joy: I've made 100 trillion cookies in Cookie Clicker!
I've made 2 Quadrillion cookies so far!

Sorrow: Apparently I don't have a best friend anymore. =/
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: I have a Lunch period today. :(
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

What happened, Zavryn? :(
Megamaster wrote:Sorrow: I have a Lunch period today. :(
Why is that a bad thing?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Joy: A bird somehow found it's way into my sister's room and roosted itself on her towels. Even when it was leaving the house, it kept sitting on the towel. <3

Had to shoo it off, though. Bah.

Also, one of my little brother's friends wanted to play Super Mario World. I played it and he loved every minute of it. Now he wants a Super Nintendo, despite being 13 =P
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sleet wrote:What happened, Zavryn? :(
Megamaster wrote:Sorrow: I have a Lunch period today. :(
Why is that a bad thing?
Can't stand 90% of the people. Plus I dislike loud crowded places. No place to focus on my drawings.

Joy: Drew something today!
Slight sorrow: A fire drill happened as soon as I started coloring it in.
More Joy: Gonna get in a Skype call with my 2 bestest friends hopefully!
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Joy: 1 quadrillion cookies. :shock:
Joy: My little sis loves this game.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: My Skype call went from normal to hilarious! :D
Mickey the Luxray

Sorrow: I was going to stay at my Dad's for the week while my Mom went out on a business trip or something to Alabama, but today her old boyfriend decided this would be the day he went nuts and so now Mom's scared to leave my (technically half-)sister behind with ANYONE. I'd been looking forward to that stay, and now this dirtbag's gone and stomped all over it.
What's worse: I knew that this kind of thing (with the boyfriend going nuts and all) would happen for YEARS now. Being a bit of a whackjob myself, I know a nutcase when I see one and this guy went off the charts. I had thoughts of us fighting CONSTANTLY. Also, he burned way too much incense in the house. Stupid stuff burned my nose like a lightning strike burns wood. Baaad news.
And on a different note: My legs have been killing me ever since we started the Flag Football unit in PE. They're almost free of flab now, sure, but I can't even run anymore, they're so stiff.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Joy: It rained at least five times at the football game last night. And one of the times was when we were marching. It was so refreshing.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: This gonna be a long and boring day.
VEB152
Location: Land of vowels with dashes and consonants with commas

Post by VEB152 »

Sorrow: I'm closer and closer to falling ill. Which I can't really afford right now, in any way.
Joy: central heating is being turned on, starting tomorrow. I will finally stop shivering :lol:
Yes, that is about the best thing to write that I could think of.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

And then just as you begin feeling warm and safe... BOOM! Your ill. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: I found something to do. Just need people to talk to.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Megamaster wrote:Joy: I found something to do. Just need people to talk to.
Hi there! :D
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Mickey the Luxray

Joy: I brought out one of the old toyboxes from the garage. Now I have a place to store all my Nerf guns until I get myself a pegboard!
Sorrow: In the process I broke a lightbulb that was sitting around. I was a bit worried that it would be poisonous but since it was an incandescent and not a CFL I was fine.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Joy: Le Mis is doing really well at the theater I'm helping out with. It's doing so well in fact that it'll probably pull the theater out of the financial hole it was in.

As of right now, there are 9 total shows (Including the one that already happened) spread over three weekends. The theater seats 168 people per show (I think). That means there are 1512 tickets available and as of last night, there are less than 100 left. They are currently trying to get another show fit in two Thursdays from now since it basically sold out the first 6 shows before it even played once.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Talking to my bestest friend. :D
Sorrow: I should really find other people to talk to other than him.
Mickey the Luxray

Joy: I feel animated today. More alive than I've felt in a long time, which is unusual on chore day.
Sorta sorrow: It's chore day
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Umm well last week I presented the TOEFL which is a big English test that I need to take to be allowed to go to Canada for college...

Joy: I PASSED WITH A SCORE OF 102!!! (max is 120)
Sent from my conifer.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: My best friend left and now I have no one to talk to. :(
Zavryn

Post by Zavryn »

Sleet wrote:What happened, Zavryn?
Thats the worst part, I don't even know what I did. x.x
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: I want more friends but I'm too shy to start conversations with people. :(
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: All that talk about me playing WoW for the rest of my life just became shallow now thanks to my little brother. To be fair, I got him into the game, but he completely misunderstood me. I only got him to try playing WoW for one day to show him what RPGs are like since he's a call of duty head, but now he thinks he's ready to jump straight into hardcore WoW with me and the family. Doesn't help he finally got a computer, but the computer is old. So his solution? Go out and upgrade it and get it geared. That's fine and all, I don't mind that... but now he starts thinking the family is going to pay for his subscription, expansions, and all that jazz.

I'm like ~ What is up with this kid these days? Does he think everything is free? It's been a long break this week and it makes me want to just stop paying for subscription based games now because of his attitude.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Mickey the Luxray

Nerf-Related Joy #1: I got a busted Longstrike from a friend of mine today. The plunger's fine but it seems that the trigger catch and the bolt are missing. I was planning on installing an OMW Massacre kit and a pump-action mod, though, so neither of those are a problem. I also plan to paint it chocolate brown and ivory.
Nerf-Related Joy #2: Found an offer of 4 unboxed Deploys for $14 ($32.13 counting shipping) on eBay. I've been looking into getting one of these, and at $3.50 per Deploy ($8 with shipping; most go for about $15 w/shipping) this is a STEAL. I plan on designing some very special internal pieces for it, as well as slightly stronger springs for the deployment mechanisms so that they won't stick when paint is applied to the gun.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Sorrow:Even after spending 130 dollars on getting my bike fixed up, I still need a new back wheel and that will cost about $30 with labor, even though I have no money for it. Anyone want to Paypal the birdy some funds?

Sorrow:I blew though my Saturday morning shopping with my mom. It was all stuff that needed to be done, but I hate having wasted a weekend morning like that.

Sorrow:Still not visiting the fourms as much as I would like.

Joy:My sleeping last week was much improved, I had about 3-4 good mornings.

Sorrow:Now I have cravings before bed because I don't eat or drink anything but water 2-3 hours before bed. I'm sure they will pass, but I want my Nestle Quik before bed with cookies darn it.

Sorrow:Feel like to lame on skipping out on church because I want to play GTA (Which i've barely played all week) and I don't want to go to eat afterwards.

Joy:God came though last week with the money to fix my bike, which is good. Now I just need money for the doctor.

Sorrow:Going to have to find out why my insurance covered, then didn't cover my lab tests. I went from a $50 bill to a 400+ one!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Major sorrow: I failed all my courses last semester, AGAIN, and was given notice to leave the university. And according to the doctor, my depression problem did not improve because I was in a delusion that everything was well, when in reality I was literally stuck in the same cycle...

Sorrow: I also gained 40 pounds because of the side effects of the medication. Now I'm officially obese :(

Little joy: The university is still giving me the chance to appeal against the dismissal, and I had finished my appeal letter as well as getting the explanation letter from the doctor.

Can I ask for you guys' help, and pray that the appeal gets accepted? If not... life would be over for me.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I have no idea how I can possibly help with that Kuro, I cant think of a means to help actively other than some meak words of comfort. I just hope that your appeal goes well. :(

As for depression all I can say is appreciate the little things, you need to make contingency plans for "worst case scenarios" and avoid focusing on the negative. I have been depressed in the past but it does not compare in the least to what you have been going through, and I am still fuzzy on the details of curing myself.

And the weight isn't serious unless you begin thinking it is, don't stress about it or it will become a vicious cycle, I have seen it happen. Hope everything works out for you Kuro.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Slight Sorrow: I have nobody to talk to.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Hello, my name is Kyuubi. Apparently we have not been properly introduced. :)
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

sorrow : So many things happened the last couple of days , and now I'm starting to be convinced that I , somehow , am the cause of all this . Talking what exactly are those things would probably cost you all more time than it's worth , so let's just say.....I'm beyond the point of depressed right now ^^'
sorrow : Tried to talk to my mom about it , hope to find a bit comfort and/or relieve , not solution though because I'm pretty sure it's already passed that point .But yeah , sort of for got about that "generation gap" thing , the result ? I made an entire mountain of unforgivable mistakes , and I don't think I'll be talking to her for awhile , again , because of my own fault
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

serence ice fox wrote:sorrow : So many things happened the last couple of days , and now I'm starting to be convinced that I , somehow , am the cause of all this . Talking what exactly are those things would probably cost you all more time than it's worth , so let's just say.....I'm beyond the point of depressed right now ^^'
sorrow : Tried to talk to my mom about it , hope to find a bit comfort and/or relieve , not solution though because I'm pretty sure it's already passed that point .But yeah , sort of for got about that "generation gap" thing , the result ? I made an entire mountain of unforgivable mistakes , and I don't think I'll be talking to her for awhile , again , because of my own fault

Hmm, I can't say I know how it is to have a bad relationship with my mother, but I've seen first hand how a bad mother daughter relationship looks like. All I can I tell you is to keep pressing forward. I've been fighting depression and suicidal thoughts since I was 14 and all I can say is, tomorrow is a new day. Ain't much to help you on, but I've been there. Walk forward and keep looking forward, you'll find your way out. I promise.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Mickey the Luxray

What I'd like to say: I'm there for everyone.
The truth: I'm an apathetic attention-seeking jerkwad.
I don't think I want to post on this thread anymore.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Sorrow: Having... personal problems that I've been dealing with since earlier this year.
Minor Sorrow: I slept on my neck funny and it hurt.
Joy: By the time I got to school, my neck stopped hurting :)
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: YAY PIZZA!
Sorrow: Got English homework due tomorrow and I suck at writing. :(
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Are you required to do English or did you have a choice? Either way, put up with it cos' you either chose to or have to. :lol:
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Joy: Just had an idea! Who better to help me write a college essay for English than my best friend who goes to college? :mrgreen:
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Joy: I can get up late tomorrow!
Sorrow: it's a mile uphill walk then school, then the walk again.
But then joy: I like walking, it allows me to think.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy: Finally gonna start editing the footage from last summer tomorrow
Joy: I have more than a semester to get it done before I apply for the program I want to get into.
Joy: spending part of my Friday helping my friend work on a script I'm going to help him shoot next semester. He's an older, and in my mind better, student filmmaker than I am so being asked to help him is pretty awesome.

Sorrow: trying to keep my GPa up when I would rather be working on creative stuff is hard.
Sorrow: I want to try and do something musical. But I can't find the time.
Sorrow: I miss my hometown and while I don't hate college it wears on me and makes me feel isolated even though I have a good social life.
Sorrow: I know what the root of that feeling is but I can't discuss it with anyone without revealing a secret I don't want to and I can't vent about it on here where its all safe and anonymous because a frank discussion of said subject isn't possible here
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sorrow: I'm gonna get a zero for not doing my homework. Why does writing have to be so hard? :(