Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Radio Blue Heart

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Having known many junkies, that is not the case. It just means that it is a little harder to get their junk in jail.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

44R0NM10 wrote:
Dissension wrote:It's a joy to accept the consequences of your behavior! = P
I'm pretty sure any criminal who broke the law never felt joy when the police caught them. Especially in the case of drug addicts.
Nothing like that lol. I was in a fender bender. But on that note:

Joy: If I go to driving school, then my insurance won't go up. I guess if you're between 16 and 21, you have an opportunity to redeem yourself; sort of like a grace period (in America).
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

I think that's only because your insurance is already at the level of guys who have wrecked. I mean, you are under 21, so the insurance companies charge you more because they don't like kids and they think they should be banned from cars. :c
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Mickey the Luxray wrote:I think that's only because your insurance is already at the level of guys who have wrecked. I mean, you are under 21, so the insurance companies charge you more because they don't like kids and they think they should be banned from cars. :c
As far as statistics go, you are right on the money. I've been told for years that my age is the most likely to be in a wreck.

And for the sake of staying on topic:

Joy: I'm going back to Columbia tonight to see my family.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Mickey the Luxray

Cm4F wrote:As far as statistics go, you are right on the money. I've been told for years that my age is the most likely to be in a wreck.
It'll be worse for me... I plan on modifying and going racing with my car. Rates are going to be through the roof, I just know it. And I won't be covered if I wreck on the track, even if it isn't my fault.
Stupid greedy insurance companies. You should call yourselves less-helpful versions of Pied Pipers.

Joy: I've gotten into Queen's music. I feel happier for some reason.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Queen has that effect on people.

The Prophet's Song is the best song. <3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Joy: Band camp started. :D
Sorrow: Because of that my summer break is over. :(
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Huh, band camp for my High School (That I have to bring my brother to despite the fact I graduated) started yesterday. Well, the drumline did anyway. Full band isn't for another week or so.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Sorrow: I live in southern Oregon: http://www.kdrv.com/smoke-choking-much- ... rn-oregon/

It's great here, it's just great.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Arbitrary

Post by Arbitrary »

Tatsuo wrote:It's great here, it's just great.
I remember way back when we had fires here. The sun would be red all day and we all thought the world was ending. Ragnarok or something.
Image I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
Radio Blue Heart

Sorrow and murderous rage: At work, my becoming a permanent employee is dependent on the retirement of a lazy, useless old man named Ronald. He has announced that he has pushed back his retirement to April. He is doing this because he has it made. I do all his work for him, get none of his pay, benefits and hours. If I were full time, they would pay for my school. Instead it is going to waste of a 66 year old man who ways almost 400 pounds and thinks that book are for propping up the short legs on sofas. I hate my life.

Joy: I helped the cleaning lady in my building with a stuck faucet. She really appreciated it and told me some stories.
-Virgil
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: This has been a VERY stressful week for me, and pretty much everyone else in my class. We have projects do for school, exams to study for and a whole lot of assignments that are due next week. Somebody please help me... :cry:
A little Joy: Tomorrow's Friday... hopefully we won't have that much to do tomorrow... hopefully...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Sorrow: my dog is losing all bladder control when he gets exited, and he is very excitable...
Joy: woooooo! Long Holiday and my birthday soon!
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Radio Blue Heart

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Sorrow: my dog is losing all bladder control when he gets exited, and he is very excitable...
Joy: woooooo! Long Holiday and my birthday soon!
Happy early birthday, then. I hope you can do something special with your time off.

A lot of dogs are like that. It could be worse. My cousin had a Boston Terrier did that while bouncing about 5 feet off the ground.
-Virgil
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Radio Blue Heart wrote:Sorrow and murderous rage: At work, my becoming a permanent employee is dependent on the retirement of a lazy, useless old man named Ronald. He has announced that he has pushed back his retirement to April. He is doing this because he has it made. I do all his work for him, get none of his pay, benefits and hours. If I were full time, they would pay for my school. Instead it is going to waste of a 66 year old man who ways almost 400 pounds and thinks that book are for propping up the short legs on sofas. I hate my life.

Joy: I helped the cleaning lady in my building with a stuck faucet. She really appreciated it and told me some stories.
Is that even allowed? I mean, didn't your supervisor/boss notice the lack of work from his part at all? Or is it a 'privilege' of the senior worker? =_=

Sorrow: I'm losing more hair. While I have no problem becoming bald in my 30s, it does show my sad state of health.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

It happens to many people kuro, even I have a receding hairline and I'm 16!
Luckily nobody has begun to call me Monk, few people know of my lifestyle as it is.
Don't worry though, worrying about it will only make it worse.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Joy: Fullmetal Alchemist - Brotherhood on Canadian Netflix. Finally! <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Joy: Looking back at some of the older fan art in the fan project section. It's so awesome. I'm so glad I found this forum. So many great artists here.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
ShadowLightning

Boy oh boy... this is gonna be a long one... I apologize in advance to anyone reading this right now...
Sorrow: Remember what I said yesterday about hoping we won't have much to do for today? Well, guess what? I was wrong. VERY, VERY WRONG! First, I had to wake up extra early cause we had something going on in school. Second, half of our teachers today were feeling very stressed today, and the fact that some people in my class were noisy and insensitive didn't really help. Third, a friend of mine got mad at me today and nearly killed me. And I'm not exaggerating when I say "nearly killed me". He had me by headlock and was choking me. Literally choking me. After that, HE got mad again at me for scratching his arm while he had me by headlock. And lastly, I sprained my leg when I got home.

So yeah... it's clearly not my day today. And tomorrow's not gonna be any better... I know.... :cry:
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Wait, a FRIEND had you in a headlock and choking you?!
I know some people rage a lot but crikey! Why the howl was he choking ou in the first place?
ShadowLightning

He threw something at me. I threw two things at him. I guess he didn't like me throwing back... :(
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

That's a bit of an over reaction, remember that next time he needs help.
Duster

Post by Duster »

Joy: I just finished up my both of my summer classes and now have two and a half weeks of semi-summer break until fall semester!
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Joy: playing original Xbox again, reminds me of the good old days.
Radio Blue Heart

Joy: My friend Hunter is attending BronyCon and she said that she will bring me back a present.
-Virgil
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Joy: I had forgotten how enjoyable yard work could be, but on my family's request I got out and did about a hour. The front and back yards still need a ton of work, but I'm finally at a point again where I'm willing to buy weedkiller and other things to help work on the yard at least a little bit.

Sorrow, my weekend is just flying by.

Joy:Finally figured out that I have acid reflux, which is somewhat treatable without a doctor's visit.

Sorrow:Still wish I could go to the doctor.
ShadowLightning

Joy: We had our "Mufti Day" today, which is kinda like "casual attire" day, but with a theme that changes every month. This month's theme was "Favorite Outfit". I decided to come to school in my pajamas. Strangely enough, the teachers were okay with that.

A little Sorrow: I think I need a hug... Really, really badly...
Wolfy

Post by Wolfy »

A good day, my dentist noticed my evil looking tonsil and actually spoke about it to mum. Now she has no excuse not to take me to the GP MUHAHAHA! Stuck between hoping there is something wrong with it and hoping there isn't. If there is then we can do something about it and do whatever it is doctors do with tonsils. Possibly remove it. But I hope not as I hate it when I have something wrong with my body. *Shrug* at least it isn't serious.

Sorrow: Been going through a lot of properties with mum. Bottom line is we HAVE to move into some craphole neighbourhood because we are absolutely financially screwed. And even then we doubt we can afford the bills for any of those houses. She spends most nights crying and can't understand why I'm so cheerful...well there is no point being sad is there? If you don't at least pretend to be happy then you just get all depressed. So I just go around smiling and joking about the awfulness of the situation to everyone. At least we can all get a good laugh out of it and not just sink into depression. She still probably thinks I am an idiot but it is better than moping around about it. Chin up and all that crap. :D
I WUV MAH KITTIES!
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Joy joy joy super joy!

In January I'm leaving Colombia for good! I'm gonna go to Kingston, Ontario for college :D
It's a city right by Lake Ontario and pretty darn close to New York too :3
Is there any forumite who lives near there? I'd love to be able to say hi to someone here :3
Sent from my conifer.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Hmmmm, I known people in Eastern Ontario but don't live anywhere nearby. I have a timeshare I never use though...
Where abouts in Colombia do you live anyway?
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

In Bogota.
Sent from my conifer.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Sorrow: All of my headsets are now busted. The cords were just too short for my computer, but I had no choice. May they rest in peace =(

Joy: I finally decided to get a wireless headset and mouse. They are the beasts.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Mickey the Luxray

Kind of wierd: For some odd reason I find mock EAS alerts to be kind of soothing. I don't know what it is, but I do know that real EAS alerts still terrify me :l
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

What's an EAS alert?
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Emergency Alert System; it's a method by which the government takes control of television and radio transmissions in an emergency. It was designed in preparation for nuclear war and is typically activated locally or regionally in the event of severe weather.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
BassGroove

Post by BassGroove »

Dissension wrote:Emergency Alert System; it's a method by which the government takes control of television and radio transmissions in an emergency. It was designed in preparation for nuclear war and is typically activated locally or regionally in the event of severe weather.
Phones too. I have a switch that you can turn them off on my RAZR. IPhone's can't though.
I don't ever remember someone telling me they got hurt from doing something smart -Myself
Mickey the Luxray

Dissension wrote:Emergency Alert System; it's a method by which the government takes control of television and radio transmissions in an emergency. It was designed in preparation for nuclear war and is typically activated locally or regionally in the event of severe weather.
Don't forget that it activates when a local AMBER (child abduction) alert is sent out as well. That's it's most common use around where I live, since we don't get bad enough weather often.
BassGroove wrote:Phones too. I have a switch that you can turn them off on my RAZR. IPhone's can't though.
That's a new one. I've never seen a phone go into EAS mode before.

Anyway, to keep on topic,

Joy: I woke up and there was milk in the fridge.
ShadowLightning

A little Sorrow: I picked the wrong time of day (er, night) to read scary urban legends on the internet. Now I can't sleep... and I'm scared... :cry:
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

which one did you read ?
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Oh come on they can't be that scary, I doubt any kind of ghost or zombie is aiming for your flesh at this moment.