Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

JeffCvt

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by JeffCvt »

I've beaten nearly every race on GT4 except for the ones that take 4+ hours to do. Trust me, if all of the prize cars were good, the game would be way too easy because you could then just select a totally overpowered car for every single race. Believe me, it keeps the game more fun in the end.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

44R0NM10 wrote:joy: Florida is an amazing holiday destination...besides a ton of storms... I was in a pool when it was thunder and lightning! You will never see that in Spain (or, well, I've never seen it in Spain).
Come to Missouri. We both have awesomer people and stupider weather!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sorrow: After having met my boyfriend, it's pretty hard to be away from him now. It feels like a whole dimension is missing.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Mickey the Luxray wrote: Unsure: I've been getting increasingly lonely. I started sleeping whilst cuddling a pillow about a week ago. Very weird, I know, but it has helped a bit.
No, it's not that weird. *awkward internet hug* You'll be fine. Remember, you have friends and family to look after you.
Tha Housefox wrote:Sorrow: After having met my boyfriend, it's pretty hard to be away from him now. It feels like a whole dimension is missing.
I've never actually had any boyfriends before, but I know how you're feeling. *another awkward internet hug* Getting really attached to someone and then being away from them, even for a while, is a very difficult feeling. I hope you feel better soon....

Sorrow: Almost half of my classmates are going away on some trip to somewhere. Things are gonna get really quiet now...
A little Joy: Quiet means I can actually start concentrating a little more in school.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: I was informed that I might not have enough attendance for this one course that I kept on missing (tests and all), that I might also be failed.
Joy: I felt scared for a bit, but not as paralyzed as I was before my medication regime. Talking about it helped too.
Tha Housefox wrote:Sorrow: After having met my boyfriend, it's pretty hard to be away from him now. It feels like a whole dimension is missing.
There's a reason why they say absence makes the heart go fonder. Overcoming the distance factor, and the resulting relationship will be much sweeter and triumphant ^^

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

*hugs you* Part of a relationship is knowing how to be away from each other. Love has never been about constantly being together.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Joy: Going to HMV and finding that they STILL made those recordable VHS and audio cassette tapes(I found that nostalgic being a 90's kid).
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sleet wrote:
*hugs you* Part of a relationship is knowing how to be away from each other. Love has never been about constantly being together.
That's not even the issue.
It's tough to not be physically together after you get such a short but intense taste of it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The moral of the story is to visit more. :P
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Joy: I'm in Mississippi, and I finally get to play a PS2 game after not being able to for about 2 months.
Another Joy: I get to have some of my grandma's pound cake!
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Sounds fun, also prepare for references and jokes about Mississippi mud pie cupcakes.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Joy: I've reached the 100th translated comic milestone!
Dread: There's another 500+ strips to go... *dies*

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Sorrow:

At work, they are doing renovations so they temporarily merged another department with ours. Since I get their an hour and a half before my co-workers to do the most vital work and since I am the only one with the upper body strength and functioning spinal column, a lot of work falls to me. The boss calls me into her office. She tells me that I am doing such a good job keeping everything caught up. I asked if this meant I would be made permanent and given more money. After she stopped pointing and laughing she said that I didn't need my "helpers" and they would be used elsewhere. So now ALL cleaning duties are left to me. So some days I have to stay over, and if a manager does not approve that over time, I don't get paid for it and they do that frequently. It has been like this for the last two months. I am so very, very tired.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Zavryn

Post by Zavryn »

I dont even see how they can NOT pay you for time that you legitimately worked. Isn't that like... illegal??

At any rate, sorry to hear about that. Probably time to go looking for another job... =/
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Joy: There's a Beagle on my bed!
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

That's a joy for me, too! I hope y'all are having a blast.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Sleet wrote:The moral of the story is to visit more. :P
Oh I wish.
44R0NM10 wrote:Joy: There's a Beagle on my bed!
You should pet her and tell her she's pretty.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Joy: I can walk my puppy now.
Sorrow: sadly he is yet to get to grips with where to do his business, and he is doing it in my room.
Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Joy: I can walk my puppy now.
Sorrow: sadly he is yet to get to grips with where to do his business, and he is doing it in my room.

I know that pain.....and smell

Joy: Found a tree frog tonight and took some pics.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Zavryn

Post by Zavryn »

Joy: I got to spend all night with the person that I like. :3

Sorrow: I still couldn't work up the courage to tell him I like him and I also only get a half hour of sleep before work now. >.<
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You both need to get on the hugging each other for me, y'all.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

Joy: I unlocked Captain Falcon in Super Smash Bros. 64. FALCON PUNCH!!!
Joy: I got to watch Inuyasha this morning, after not being able to watch for a year. It's as good as I remember it.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Zavryn wrote:I dont even see how they can NOT pay you for time that you legitimately worked. Isn't that like... illegal??

At any rate, sorry to hear about that. Probably time to go looking for another job... =/
Thank you for your sympathy. Managers can choose to "forget" to approve the overtime sometimes. If they keep our operating cost low, they get a bonus at the end of the year. That is why I do a permanent job at temporary pay until the useless guy retires. Unfortunately, I could never find a stable job with this kind of pay anywhere else in town. I can't complain too much because it takes me 15 minutes to walk there every morning. It pays the rent.

And, rent is due on the 1st, and my first tuition payment is due on the 2nd. I am going to be eating a lot of ramen noodles in the coming month. I am still recovering from being out of work for a month. Just when you start to get your head above water life plants it hoof on your head and pushing you back down. But if I can get that nursing degree I can triple my income and finally afford some of the nicer things in life. Then maybe I could go to a few conventions instead of saving my pennies in the hope of buying a box fan.
Oh, lordy! Don't let it shed on the sheets!
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

hypernovatic wrote:Joy: I unlocked Captain Falcon in Super Smash Bros. 64. FALCON PUNCH!!!
Oh man, people still play that? That's pretty cool.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

joy : I found one of the books I thought I've lost for a really long time ago , have no idea how it ended up where it was , but I'm not complaining :mrgreen:
sorrow : a friend of mine suddenly got sick , really sick , and there's a rumor about some kind of virus going around too , sigh....
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Yep, some of us here still play GoldenEye and Mario on the 64.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Sorrow: Things are going a little crazy at school. Half of our class just came back from their trip, and since they missed out on some important stuff, they're a little confused on what's happening...
A little Joy: Just got my new earphones, hopefully these will last longer than my previous one.
A little more Sorrow: I feel kind of unimportant these days. Sometimes, I feel like I look like I'm a nobody compared to everyone. They're all achieving all sorts of things and I've barely done anything recognizable. Hopefully, this feeling is just nothing and will go away soon... hopefully...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

I know that feeling shadow , don't worry , you have your own specialty , just that you haven't noticed it yet ^^
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Everyone is here for a reason. No one is an "extra" in the movie of life.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Useless your a clone made specially for the purpose of being a film extra.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Joy: I have come into possession of a spent shell. Specifically, a 7x57mm rifle shell, fired from an Argentino Mauser. It is now my lucky shell.
Sorrow: I can't take it back home because the stupid TSA will think that it's a live round or something.
Mixed: My relatives will be coming up for my bro's graduation by car, so I can get it come June. Of next year. Not sure if I can wait that long. I'll need all the luck that I can get this year.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Oh wow, that's quite cool Mickey! how did you get it around then?

Sorrow: Art block/de-motivation. Tried drawing, but just didn't feel like it =w=

Duster

Post by Duster »

kurowolfe wrote:Sorrow: Art block/de-motivation. Tried drawing, but just didn't feel like it =w=
That's kinda funny. I usually only feel like drawing when it's late at night or when I'm at work. Especially when I'm at work though because I have such a short attention span.
Extraordinary things happen to Extraordinary people!
also . . .
I'm the Best in the West!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

The thing is, every single thing that I have drawn so far requires courage to overcome any hesitations, drive to push away laziness or inattentiveness to every small detail to the utmost of my abilities, and faith that I can convey what idea that I have and still have fun doing so at the same time. Weird, yes, but that's how I operate :lol:

Sorrow: Again, I was given the privilege to observe the bad sides of human nature in both a students meeting and in Facebook. Ugh, there's a reason why I stay alone and stayed away from FB for a while now

Tatsuo

Post by Tatsuo »

kurowolfe wrote:Sorrow: Again, I was given the privilege to observe the bad sides of human nature in both a students meeting and in Facebook. Ugh, there's a reason why I stay alone and stayed away from FB for a while now

I hear ya, and I would agree, but as my grandmother has told me countless times,"Everyone want's to be nice, you just have to remind them". I still think she doesn't know what she's talking about, but I hear the wisdom in what she says.
We assume so much, and know so little...
“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Oh Good Grief: The Lexus IS Design Contest on dA.
18+.

Joy: Wi-fi has returned! I shall be with you for the next seven hours or so, then a short down whilst I return home. c:
Sorrow: Haven't had a wink of sleep tonight.

Mod Edit: Sorry, nothing that even hints at evading the profanity filter.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Tatsuo wrote:
kurowolfe wrote:Sorrow: Again, I was given the privilege to observe the bad sides of human nature in both a students meeting and in Facebook. Ugh, there's a reason why I stay alone and stayed away from FB for a while now

I hear ya, and I would agree, but as my grandmother has told me countless times,"Everyone want's to be nice, you just have to remind them". I still think she doesn't know what she's talking about, but I hear the wisdom in what she says.
I like that saying a lot! Your grandmother is wise.
GeckoZY
Location: 16 Dimensions, 13th Hyperplane No. 47.54,3674.06,6378.13; Randomly travelling in between Hyperplanes

Post by GeckoZY »

Odd mix of joy and sorrow: Found a lost dog (Image 1,2,3), followed me as I was entering my house. I tried to find his owner in the last two hours, running around inside the subdivision and also went to the subdivision guards. Since they can't seem to find any leash for him, I ended up bringing him back home and keeping him for a short while in our garden. I went inside to get some change of clothes (I got muddy from all of his stepping, lunging and playful biting), check some updates and emails, and wait for my parents to arrive. I check him every now and then, he was sleeping on the front door carpet. But when my parents finally arrive, he was already gone, just minutes after my last check. Hopefully, he can get back on his own, according to some of the neighbors, they've seen him strayed off before. And... I think my mini pinscher got jealous. XD
Want to split a pineapple?
Collaborative Fan-Fiction:
El Psy Congroo
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Ha, that sounds awesome.
Joy: No more school!!!!! 6 weeks of holiday!
valerio

Post by valerio »

JOY: today I am on a mission on Milan and Rome on account of my firm, so I have a ton of time to write, yay! :D