Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Kitela

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Kitela »

Glad to here you probably got the job but dang Coatl, I would try letting someone else drive you to your job interviews. o_o

Joy: I got some good advice from my friend and former manager about finding employment.
Sorrow: Forgot to call him back. :/
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:Joy: I think my second interview went really well, and I'm likely to get the job.

Sorrow: On my way into the place, while I was slowing down to turn, I noticed that the guy behind me was not going to stop. So I stopped braking and just turned into the place. At 30 mph. And hit a curb. My left front rim is now bent of shape. The car is on a crappy-looking, dinky spare tire right now, until I can go up and drop 100 dollars to get this fixed. ASdfsfdsf...

Best thing about all this? On my way back from the first interview, I got rear-ended. So ... two trips, two incidents of damage to my car. If I were a superstitious man, I'd be staying the heck away from that place xD
Whoa bud. Sounds like a rough time.... I'm not superstitious either, but it does sound like you need to stay away from that one place. :P
Hope you get the job Coatl.

Joy: Watching the Spongebob movie!
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Coatl_Ruu wrote:Joy: I think my second interview went really well, and I'm likely to get the job.

Sorrow: On my way into the place, while I was slowing down to turn, I noticed that the guy behind me was not going to stop. So I stopped braking and just turned into the place. At 30 mph. And hit a curb. My left front rim is now bent of shape. The car is on a crappy-looking, dinky spare tire right now, until I can go up and drop 100 dollars to get this fixed. ASdfsfdsf...

Best thing about all this? On my way back from the first interview, I got rear-ended. So ... two trips, two incidents of damage to my car. If I were a superstitious man, I'd be staying the heck away from that place xD
THat place is probably cursed
avoid it!!!!!

Joy:Spent the afternoon Bummin' Hookah off the guys at the frat

Joy:Mom dropped off my tyler the creator shirt/album and a 4 pack of packzkis!!!!!
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hope you get that job, Coatl. Stay safe too!

Sorrow: The skin on my right hand became super dry and is peeling all of a sudden. I don't know why, maybe I'm allergic to the new glove...

Sorrow: I got cheated out of my money again,just when I finally got my pay from.last month... Why can't I just run away and say no?! Now I still have follow that instsnt noodles and biscuits diet again next month TTwTT

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

sorry to hear that Kuro. Plenty of people survive on that diet, so you'll probably survive. *hugs*
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
MilesKingford

Post by MilesKingford »

Wanderer wrote:What if you are stupid and untalented at everything you do? I can't help but feel inferior to my peers. They say you will only get disappointed if you compare yourself to others... there will always be someone better than you. Well, then what's the point of trying? There is no point in trying! We can't do anything about natural talent. Just accept the fact that you're a burger flipper and the next guy is a CEO.
I find this attitude (that one is not as good, intelligent or capable as others) completely astounding! Even back in my Culture class in college, when the teacher did a survey of the class about how each individual felt about themselves most came around 4 or 5 out of 10, which is a really poor look on oneself. Only a few came out above that and one came out at about 9 (take a wild guess who that was).
Each person, regardless of who they are or what their background was, can do anything they set their mind to. There have been people who refused to be defeatist and did what they always wanted to do in their life.
The more troubling thing is, since so many people are as defeatist as they are, societies such as mine do not have enough people aspiring for the top jobs (such as doctors) which means the entire society as a whole suffers as a result.
Some people (including sociologists) have determined that mass media has done this, by continuously showing an idea of perfection which is genuinely impossible to reach. Whatever the reason, this idea that one is inferior to others is false, and it has been proven (through sociological research) that every single person is just as capable as the next in every profession.
You simply need to work past the idea that you are inferior to others by realising your potential for success, imposing a negative self-fulfilling prophecy (which is when one believes they will reach a certain conclusion or result and thus acts accordingly, making the prophecy come true themselves) which predicts they will acchieve nothing in life then it is not surprising when that is the result.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Joy: It's Ash Wednesday. I'm giving up soda for Lent. What are you giving up? 
Last edited by Cm4F on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Cm4F wrote:Joy: It's Ash Wednesday. I'm giving up soda for Lent. What are you giving up? 
The exact same.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Sorrow: HIGHLY unreasonable fears of things that may happen but in all probability wont. :( They don't leave me alone.

Joy: Went through a drive through car wash for the first time in memory today! :)
Radio Blue Heart

Post by Radio Blue Heart »

Joy: I just wanted to thank everyone for the kind words and encouragement that you all offered to me. I have manic depression, so I have highs and lows, and I was in the middle of a particularly nasty low. Once again, thank you all.
"I have known hardship and learned to aid the wretched."
-Virgil
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Cm4F wrote:Joy: It's Ash Wednesday. I'm giving up soda for Lent. What are you giving up? 

Joy:I was raised agnostic and don't celebrate lent
sorrow:computer troubles
Joy:Pretty sure its a hardware problem, it should be pretty simple to take care of

sorrow:Midterms coming up, and a math exam, and two papers, and fafsa, and taxes
Imma die guys
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
PhoenixAsper

Post by PhoenixAsper »

Major Sorrow: Had to cancel dinner tomorrow. :( :( :(
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Thank you everyone! I decided that I'm not the worthless blight on society I have always seen myself to be.

I will also consider drinking hot chocolate... though it probably won't achieve the same effect it will do as a placebo.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Sorrow: Money goes quickly, especially when you're on vacation. Why does stuff cost so much?
------------------

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Inali wrote:Sorrow: Money goes quickly, especially when you're on vacation. Why does stuff cost so much?
Try running out of cash at a furry convention that you're trying to hide from your mom, who can watch your bank account. o.o
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Sleet wrote:
Inali wrote:Sorrow: Money goes quickly, especially when you're on vacation. Why does stuff cost so much?
Try running out of cash at a furry convention that you're trying to hide from your mom, who can watch your bank account. o.o
Sounds like an unfortunate scenario.
------------------

SirSlappy

Post by SirSlappy »

PhoenixAsper wrote:Sorrow: HIGHLY unreasonable fears of things that may happen but in all probability wont. :( They don't leave me alone.
Yeah, the brain can be a real jerk. When it gets like that I listen to music. Helps me ignore it.

Joy/something:going to england to see almost all my relatives in a big house.
sorrow: Reminded more often that being shy through teen years is making me rubbish in conversation.
[insert witty comment here]
You can PM me if you feel like it.
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sleet wrote:
I had to worry about that when I was in the pubs in Ireland this summer(where the drinking age is 18) . Needless to say those purchases were usually made with cash :lol:

Joy:My computer is still under warranty so I'm not going to have to spend any money

Joy:The computer store loaned me a computer, so I'm still going to be online (and more importantly be able to write my paper)

annoyance:Probably going to have to reload all the software when I get my computer back
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Joy: Having fun listening to some MIKA again. XP
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Seth wrote:
I had to worry about that when I was in the pubs in Ireland this summer(where the drinking age is 18) . Needless to say those purchases were usually made with cash :lol:

Joy:My computer is still under warranty so I'm not going to have to spend any money

Joy:The computer store loaned me a computer, so I'm still going to be online (and more importantly be able to write my paper)

annoyance:Probably going to have to reload all the software when I get my computer back
When we had trouble with our computers in the past, we took them to some local places and after they wiped the hard drive, we had to have them reinstall some programs that we had on it before. It was kind of aggravating having to set our computer again.
------------------

ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

Joy: I continue Xbox Live

Sorrow: My friend was hurt a few nights ago by a friend of his...
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Insanity is just a name, crazy a color, and psychopaths a person.
Secretly...I am Batman.
Mettlebird
Location: I heard a lot of shouting and stuff, then I got shoved into a car. Where to this time?

Post by Mettlebird »

Sorrow: She's back. My stalker ex is back. She got out of the psych ward and she's back. She's already started to stalk me, she found my YOUTUBE for God's sake! HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?? I'm terrified. She found out where I live without me ever telling her. She Google mapped my house. She's gonna start to pelt me with texts. I'll block her number, but then she'll use her mom's cell like she did when her phone was taken away. I unfortunately cannot see this ending without the police being involved. Yes, she's that bad. I nearly had to get a restraining order the last time she was around. I met her at church. Why did I have to meet a crazy stalker at church? I know I'm rambling on, but this is LITERALLY my worst nightmare come true. I'm just waiting for her to find me on here or something. My nightmares are literally coming true.

Edit: I've already got another message from her on YouTube. How do you block people on YouTube?
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

well, a restraining order would help the in person stuff and the texts, but not youtube or here.
On the bright side, if she gets here and starts harassing you, the mods can help you out.
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mettlebird
Location: I heard a lot of shouting and stuff, then I got shoved into a car. Where to this time?

Post by Mettlebird »

Hehe...yeah. See now, there's a bit of a problem if she does get on here. She's relentless. She'll keep making new accounts until I respond to her. Like I said, she's a stalker. She would text me from other peoples' phones when I stopped responding to her. She's insane. LITERALLY. She tried to kill herself while on the phone with me...over another guy, and then I had to call the crisis center and blah blah blah. Like I said, she's insane. I wouldn't doubt that she's certifiable.

Sorrow: I have a bad feeling this isn't going to end well with her. :(

But seriously, how do I block people on YouTube?
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Mettlebird wrote:Hehe...yeah. See now, there's a bit of a problem if she does get on here. She's relentless. She'll keep making new accounts until I respond to her. Like I said, she's a stalker. She would text me from other peoples' phones when I stopped responding to her. She's insane. LITERALLY. She tried to kill herself while on the phone with me...over another guy, and then I had to call the crisis center and blah blah blah. Like I said, she's insane. I wouldn't doubt that she's certifiable.

Doesn't YouTube have settings to like block comments and pm's? I would definately start by turning the comments off for your videos.
------------------

Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Joy: I have internet again, so I can get back into my Role Plays Hopefully! :mrgreen:
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Joy: Tonight, while I was going down the slopes, I kept yelling "WHEW!!!!" and flapped my arms. I'm sure people thought I was impaired, but it was still funny. :lol:
------------------

Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Mettlebird wrote:Hehe...yeah. See now, there's a bit of a problem if she does get on here. She's relentless. She'll keep making new accounts until I respond to her.
Dude, we can ban people all day and (if necessary) report them to their service provider for abuse, getting their Internet shut off completely. Ban evasion is against the rules and we're serious about member safety.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Mettlebird wrote:Hehe...yeah. See now, there's a bit of a problem if she does get on here. She's relentless. She'll keep making new accounts until I respond to her. Like I said, she's a stalker. She would text me from other peoples' phones when I stopped responding to her. She's insane. LITERALLY. She tried to kill herself while on the phone with me...over another guy, and then I had to call the crisis center and blah blah blah. Like I said, she's insane. I wouldn't doubt that she's certifiable.

Perhaps you should just create a new youtube account??

Good luck with that dude, doesn't sound like a good situation

Sorrow:I hate my job, so much

Joy: I have a job
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Seth wrote:

Sorrow:I hate my job, so much

Joy: I have a job
That's the way most people feel.
------------------

Randomextra

Post by Randomextra »

Sorrow: my internet got cut....
Joy: my phone comes with internet so thats good although it sometimes makes me double post.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: I think I might have offended a few of my friends for reasons I can't imagine...

Joy: My brother got a passing grade for his entrance exams, and has been offered a place in a university in Japan!
Sorrow: He only got his third choice, Kyoto, and he's feeling sad and downhearted about not getting his first choice, Saitama. Taking him out on a stroll in town later to cheer him up.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

kurowolfe wrote:Sorrow: I think I might have offended a few of my friends for reasons I can't imagine...

Joy: My brother got a passing grade for his entrance exams, and has been offered a place in a university in Japan!
Sorrow: He only got his third choice, Kyoto, and he's feeling sad and downhearted about not getting his first choice, Saitama. Taking him out on a stroll in town later to cheer him up.
I want to go to Japan so bad! :cry:
------------------

McFly

Post by McFly »

Joy: NASCAR will be starting up pretty soon. ;)
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Sorrow: Getting depressed over a game.... again. I hate this!

Randomextra

Post by Randomextra »

I suggest taking a break from the game. Which game is it ?
Also i suggest a hug *hugs kurowolfe* either way get better
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

yeah, Kuro. take a break and a bunch of hugs. *hugs*
Paradigm Shift by me
RP character sheets
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Joy: Bought myself a wireless router, so I can finally use my xbox Live account!
Penwrite

Post by Penwrite »

Sorrow: They changed her voice and name...
Therolyn

Post by Therolyn »

Joy - Really happy to be back from holidays!

Joy - Got to celebrate something important that had to be put off last year.

Joy - Was excellent driving weather!

Sorrow - The reason why the joyous occasion was put off in the first place was because of a death in the family at the time.

Sorrow - Holiday was meh, I spent a good deal of time alone because I failed to realize that the cousin I was visiting now has a full time job. Also no internet connection meant no webcomics...

Sorrow - I'm so sick of eating McDonalds. I don't want to eat another Quarter Pounder until after my next birthday.

Sorrow - Came back to overdue bills and needing to shop, also my place was stinking hot when I arrived, not fun.
Werebilby For the Period of Easter - Please fellow Australians do not forget our little guy, the bilby