Joys And Sorrows

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Rollofthedice

Re: Joys And Sorrows

Post by Rollofthedice »

Joy: I got what I wanted for Christmas! A PS3, and 3D glasses for my TV, and that deluxe blu-ray edition of The Lion King trilogy! :D

Then my sister got a game for said PS3, so I'm set for a few days.
Reminiscence: A Tale of Dreams - Complete
An Experiment - Ongoing: Story 2, 'The Babylon Incident', in progress!
Tired/Eternity/Broadsides: 'I did not have literary relations with those fanfics'

Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

JOY |
How does this even happen?!?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUBeXlQO ... ata_player
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Joy: Took 2 hours and 20 minutes to open our presents. ^^ We take it so slow. :3
Joy: Got a lot of Shirts, from Nintendo, to one with Pikachu to one with a Squirrel eating Acorns with Nom Nom Nom written all over it. ^^
Joy: Gots a Hand Puppet in the shape of a Squirrel. x3
Joy: Ratchet and Clank All 4 One.
Joy: The Boxed Sega Genesis Menacer I found for my brother is worth around $100, only payed $10.
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:The thing is I never talk to these people and they all live an hour away. My brother talks to them and shares stories every now and then through E-mail.

And there is one thing I can not stand, Hunters, so I stereotype them by what I believe. I see no good in them..... (Personal Feeling)

Joy: Had Christmas Dinner, and soon will be sitting around a fire with my relatives.
Is it hunt-ERS or is it hunt-ING that you can't stand? Because there is a difference which must be acknowledged.
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Personally, I believe that if one eats meat, they can't complain about hunting or hunters, unless they're speaking about sport hunting. Sport hunting is something I don't necessarily support.
But if you've got a family to feed and in a bad financial situation, then by all means, live off the land. And by living off the land, I don't mean just eating plants... Human bodies suffer greatly when they do not get the nutrients they need, which some of these are commonly found in meat. That's why vegetarians have to take dietary supplements and follow strict dietary guidelines so they don't become deathly sick.
And following what I said about not having enough money to feed a family... well if you can't afford to do that, how could you afford the dietary supplements that come with not eating meat?
For some people, hunting really does boil down to: "Do I kill an animal, or watch my children starve to death or develop grave illnesses or even die?"

Oh and hey guys, I think we can post our Christmas joys in the Merry Christmas thread; it seems more logical to me. :P

Joy: Well, you can check that other thread for how my holidays have been. ;3
Joy: I spent the beginning of my break by being with friends that have come home from college, friends that I hardly ever get to see, and a certain someone. X3
Sorrow: Insomnia can be a bigger pain that one would think.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
FlintTheSquirrel

ChewyChewy wrote:
FlintTheSquirrel wrote:The thing is I never talk to these people and they all live an hour away. My brother talks to them and shares stories every now and then through E-mail.

And there is one thing I can not stand, Hunters, so I stereotype them by what I believe. I see no good in them..... (Personal Feeling)

Joy: Had Christmas Dinner, and soon will be sitting around a fire with my relatives.
Is it hunt-ERS or is it hunt-ING that you can't stand? Because there is a difference which must be acknowledged.
Both, I strongly dislike both and would not want to associate myself with anyone who has done that action. I rather not talk about it anymore......
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Kinda Joy: its finally Christmas... yay... I still don't care much.
Sorrow: insomnia
Sorrow: whenever I try to state something, I hardly ever have any support
♪joooooy♪
This has been the best Christmas ever
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
QRS3000

Post by QRS3000 »

Joy: My brother gave me the second Housepets! book for Christmas.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Joy: Watched the doctor who xmas special that i was looking forward to all month. and it was lovely. ^^
Sorrow: Welp. Well. I'm doing, really, not good anymore, recently. Unfortunately. In thought things are getting worse, Scenario is also getting worse.. even though some things are better! Everything just looks so terribly bad! It's not fair, why can't I just be normal, with normal handlable problems? I guess life is just unfair. Why do I perceive to be faced with constant impossible problems? It's causing me terrible distress and hysteria. >_< Why can't my mind properly remain in positive states, why is it so immensely unstable? I actually have an idea for the answer of the last two. Mentally broken.. I guess. I need to get this resolved ASAP... if only it was even possible. ;~; I hate being silent. I do it far too much. and eventually, i'm going to blow.

(pardon the really, really, difficult to comprehend grammar)
Don't let others define you, Only you can determine your fate
no longer active, sorry
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ReCreate wrote:Joy: Watched the doctor who xmas special that i was looking forward to all month. and it was lovely. ^^
Sorrow: Welp. Well. I'm doing, really, not good anymore, recently. Unfortunately. In thought things are getting worse, Scenario is also getting worse.. even though some things are better! Everything just looks so terribly bad! It's not fair, why can't I just be normal, with normal handlable problems? I guess life is just unfair. Why do I perceive to be faced with constant impossible problems? It's causing me terrible distress and hysteria. >_< Why can't my mind properly remain in positive states, why is it so immensely unstable? I actually have an idea for the answer of the last two. Mentally broken.. I guess. I need to get this resolved ASAP... if only it was even possible. ;~; I hate being silent. I do it far too much. and eventually, i'm going to blow.

Easy there.... :shock: :(

You did say that some things are better, and you even had a joy--that's something. And you said "looks" bad--DOES it just look bad, or IS it bad? IS it just your perception that you're being faced with such problems? Because if that's true, that's at least something. I can't answer why your mind is unable to remain in a positive state, but I don't know that it's necessarily the case that it's mentally broken. You at least have an outlet for your feelings, so you don't have to bottle it up--that's another something good. There is a bright side to all darkness.

I've thought a lot about things and one conclusion I've come to is that what upsets people is a perceived lack of control. Well, no one can control everything, so the only way to get past that is (if it's possible) to try to control whether or not you NEED to have control in the first place. What we need is TRUST. From a young age we have to get by on trust--trusting our parents to take care of us, to make sure we have what we need, and are safe, and are okay in the important respects. Trust is the best weapon against fear, doubt, the negatives.

You're always going to have problems, so what matters is how you handle them while they're happening (try to fix those that are fixable, and if they're not, try not to let it get to you so much--and know the difference), and if you learn anything from the experience. Please try to be patient, if you can. And don't lose hope. Trust.
PF chars

--Phoenix

ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

ChewyChewy wrote:
ReCreate wrote:Joy: Watched the doctor who xmas special that i was looking forward to all month. and it was lovely. ^^

Easy there.... :shock: :(

You did say that some things are better, and you even had a joy--that's something. And you said "looks" bad--DOES it just look bad, or IS it bad? IS it just your perception that you're being faced with such problems? Because if that's true, that's at least something. I can't answer why your mind is unable to remain in a positive state, but I don't know that it's necessarily the case that it's mentally broken. You at least have an outlet for your feelings, so you don't have to bottle it up--that's another something good. There is a bright side to all darkness.

I've thought a lot about things and one conclusion I've come to is that what upsets people is a perceived lack of control. Well, no one can control everything, so the only way to get past that is (if it's possible) to try to control whether or not you NEED to have control in the first place. What we need is TRUST. From a young age we have to get by on trust--trusting our parents to take care of us, to make sure we have what we need, and are safe, and are okay in the important respects. Trust is the best weapon against fear, doubt, the negatives.

You're always going to have problems, so what matters is how you handle them while they're happening (try to fix those that are fixable, and if they're not, try not to let it get to you so much--and know the difference), and if you learn anything from the experience. Please try to be patient, if you can. And don't lose hope. Trust.
I'm not quite sure. My perception about things to me and myself has a history of being delusional. Quite often. Sometimes it changes quite spontaneously along with my mood. (like right now) But to be honest, I have no idea. When it happens, or if i think about it too much, i feel certain that what i'm seeing is true. It's very difficult and confusing. Though, It's unfortunately not just that (being unable to remain in a positive state of mind). Often i have some quite extreme mood swings, from what i can see. and some.. very odd self conflict. It's quite difficult to explain. It's a bit extreme sometimes, And yet i somehow remain silent all the time. But that's not the main thing anyways.
But yes, It is good that i have a way to vent, I just hesitate to a lot, because i feel that if i say anything, people will hate me for a reason or another. It seemed to have happened before.. once again, i didn't get any sort of verification on whether it's true or not, but my mind can't come to a conclusion that it agrees on. also yes, that is true, but I've kind of omitted some things, sorry, it's an odd habit. related to my previous statement. There's some things that i rather not disclose publicly due to the volatile nature. and hence, i speak as general as possible. Though, sorry if my message is not very comprehensible right now. Thank you though.
no longer active, sorry
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

ReCreate wrote:I'm not quite sure. My perception about things to me and myself has a history of being delusional. Quite often. Sometimes it changes quite spontaneously along with my mood. (like right now) But to be honest, I have no idea. When it happens, or if i think about it too much, i feel certain that what i'm seeing is true. It's very difficult and confusing. Though, It's unfortunately not just that (being unable to remain in a positive state of mind). Often i have some quite extreme mood swings, from what i can see. and some.. very odd self conflict. It's quite difficult to explain. It's a bit extreme sometimes, And yet i somehow remain silent all the time. But that's not the main thing anyways.
But yes, It is good that i have a way to vent, I just hesitate to a lot, because i feel that if i say anything, people will hate me for a reason or another. It seemed to have happened before.. once again, i didn't get any sort of verification on whether it's true or not, but my mind can't come to a conclusion that it agrees on. also yes, that is true, but I've kind of omitted some things, sorry, it's an odd habit. related to my previous statement. There's some things that i rather not disclose publicly due to the volatile nature. and hence, i speak as general as possible. Though, sorry if my message is not very comprehensible right now. Thank you though.
I don't know if they hate you or are just upset with you, but you don't have to worry about that with me, and I hope I can say the same for everyone else here.

And no one's asking you to publicly disclose anything you're uncomfortable with, don't worry,

And you're welcome.
PF chars

--Phoenix

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Joy: Yay Christmas!
Sorrow: My family fought. Worst Christmas ever.
Joy: I have some great friends on here!
Sorrow: My family also doesn't give a cuss about my interests and hobbies, and is willing to passive-aggressively enforce that.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Sorrow: Christmas is over
Sorrow: it ended in the worst possible way
Joy: the rest of it was amazing
Joy: all the stuff I got
Sorrow: I should have actually asked for something, I could have gotten more
Joy: I think I'm finally over that violent phase in my life, and am starting to be nicer to people
Joy: I am making sure I don't drag my Emo phases on here.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

JOY!!!!

I GOT A NEW CANON FROM SANTA!!!

And Seasons 6 and 7 of ELR

I Love This Show
ImageImage

Lobo09

Post by Lobo09 »

Joy: I have enjoyed christmas much! =DD
Sorrow: I keep my bad english xdxd
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Sorrow: My mother ALREADY wants me to start doing school work, ugh, what a bother.
Sent from my conifer.
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Joy:
Christmas was fun... well, not that fun, but it was ok. My family were together so that's what I just wanted.
Man, that community is awesome!
Cheese cake.

Sorrow:
Ugh, I can't find a good spot to make a video for a community project.
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Sorrow-Christmas was kind of bleh, no real gifts.

Joy-I had my family.

Sorrow-I need to start with math work again this week with Sleet, ugh math.
FlintTheSquirrel

Wait.....You and Sleet do math together? And why is it that everyone has homework over this break?
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Sleet tutors me over Skype.

And I don't really have homework, but I need to work on it almost every day if I want to get better at math.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Don't even read this. Please ignore this post

Sorrow: Pretty much the worst christmas ever
Sorrow: I'm constantly fluctuating between neutral-angry-sad
Sorrow: Considered to be a selfish perfectly wonderful person
Sorrow: "Friends" only call me when they need me for something.
Sorrow: Found out I'm not good at anything. What a surprise.
Sorrow: So weak... a few words crush my soul.
Sorrow: I'm so muffins and cookies stupid. I can't even open a door without making a fool out of myself. Have no common sense.
Sorrow: I should be doing something with my life but I'm just wasting it all away.
Sorrow: Feel so lonely and empty.
Sorrow: I'm a disappointment to everyone, apparently.
Sorrow: I hear things that aren't even there.
Sorrow: Don't know what I'm even going to do with myself
Sorrow: I have nothing to be hopeful for.
Sorrow: I'm so helpless, so dependent, such a useless waste of flesh.
Sorrow: My interest in this comic is waning
Sorrow: My problems aren't even that significant compared to others.
Sorrow: Writing about my problems here won't make a muffins and cookies difference.
Sorrow: They want me in therapy. Its funny because it won't do I'm a loaf of bread with no raisins.
Sorrow: What the Bicycle Repair Man is wrong with me?
Sorrow: Everyone else is improving and maturing. I'm just going backwards.
Sorrow: Thinking about suicide this year.
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Cm4F wrote:JOY!!!!

I GOT A NEW CANON FROM SANTA!!!

That's a very nice camera you have there. you should have taken a picture of the camera with the camera itself. :P (note: mirrors) I want a camera, though. I have an old rubbish one. It would be nice to have a DSLR to play around with.
no longer active, sorry
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

Nice tripod.
Sent from my conifer.
Mettlebird
Location: I heard a lot of shouting and stuff, then I got shoved into a car. Where to this time?

Post by Mettlebird »

Sorrow: My Christmas-eve party was totally ruined. We were at my aunt's, and there was a huge party like there is every year, and like every year, the sisters (referring to my aunts) drank too much. Well, my one aunt decided to go walk it off with her husband and son. Well, she tripped and fell. Her husband and son picked her up and carried her back to the house. The idiot neighbors called the cops. My aunt was laying in bed trying to recover from the fall and her being super-drunk. The police freaking barge on into the house AGAINST OUR WILL and go into the bedroom. They wake up my aunt, they basically harass her, then they force her to do a BREATHALYZER! She was laying in BED, trying to RECOVER, and against our whole family's wishes, they just went right on in. But the fact that they made her do a BREATHALYZER while laying in BED trying to SLEEP, not even in a CAR and not DRIVING, and the fact that they pretty much harassed her husband and son, it's just outrageous! I mean, come on! Do we not have any rights in our own homes!? >.>

Joy: I'm listening to the song 'Dance with Me' by Orleans on loop.

Joy: This song makes me feel so happy and safe. It also reminds me of my late friend Erin. Some days this song totally shreds my heart, and others it totally engulfs me and takes me to a place I feel safe and secure. Today is one of the days it helps me.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Joy: Had an awesome christmas <3
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Mettlebird wrote:Sorrow: My Christmas-eve party was totally ruined. We were at my aunt's, and there was a huge party like there is every year, and like every year, the sisters (referring to my aunts) drank too much. Well, my one aunt decided to go walk it off with her husband and son. Well, she tripped and fell. Her husband and son picked her up and carried her back to the house. The idiot neighbors called the cops. My aunt was laying in bed trying to recover from the fall and her being super-drunk. The police freaking barge on into the house AGAINST OUR WILL and go into the bedroom. They wake up my aunt, they basically harass her, then they force her to do a BREATHALYZER! She was laying in BED, trying to RECOVER, and against our whole family's wishes, they just went right on in. But the fact that they made her do a BREATHALYZER while laying in BED trying to SLEEP, not even in a CAR and not DRIVING, and the fact that they pretty much harassed her husband and son, it's just outrageous! I mean, come on! Do we not have any rights in our own homes!? >.>
If the police receive a welfare concern or potential kidnapping call, they have to make contact with the 'victim' to verify that they're OK. What if they're being held against their will, slowly bleeding to death in a back room? Additionally, breath tests are sometimes used to determine whether someone has ingested a dangerous amount of alcohol. The police officers presumably don't know your aunt or her family. It sounds like they played by the book to me, except the cops here would have called EMS for a patient evaluation, too.

Let's try to avoid potentially inflammatory topics, please.

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Joy:
Finally did that video.
Tamales!
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy:My new RedWings hoodie is so warm.

Joy:Been listening to my new Rancid CD pretty much non-stop since I got it yesterday

joy:Got through Christmas without any major drama
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
ReCreate

Post by ReCreate »

Russiarules1 wrote:Joy:
Finally did that video.
Tamales!
DUDE! Tamales!

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsUsNmAY4uQ)

xP I actually love those things. Delicious.
no longer active, sorry
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

joy:finally watched hellraiser last night and it was fantastic!
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Sorrow: I feel sad, cause I keep remembering what happened last night
Joy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYITD8TM ... ata_player
Sorrow: I jacked up my arms and wrists playing Samba De Amigo
Joy: it's still my FAVORITE game ever!
Sorrow: THE PAIN!!
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

@ReCreate
After Christmas sales are good for cameras.
ImageImage

Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Joy:walking across town at 1A.M. to get taco bell with one of your bst friends is a great way to spend a monday night(well technically tuesday morning but whatever)
I think in Non-sequiturs

Trash boiz
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

JOY: It's my one year anniversary of joining the Housepets! Forum! :D
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Mettlebird
Location: I heard a lot of shouting and stuff, then I got shoved into a car. Where to this time?

Post by Mettlebird »

Sorrow: My mate broke up with me.
Sorrow: Because they didn't think it was 'real.'
Sorrow: They tried to tell me what I was feeling.
Sorrow: They'd been planning it for a week.
Sorrow: Totally heartbroken right now.
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Mettlebird wrote:Sorrow: My mate broke up with me.
Sorrow: Because they didn't think it was 'real.'
Sorrow: They tried to tell me what I was feeling.
Sorrow: They'd been planning it for a week.
Sorrow: Totally heartbroken right now.
... :cry: ....
(fears the depression to come)
Hopefully it won't be as bad as last time
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sorry to hear that, Mettle. I hopeyou find someone else. or your mate comes around.

Sorrow: my entire family is sick. including me. I've thrown up 3 times today. T.T
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:Sorry to hear that, Mettle. I hopeyou find someone else. or your mate comes around.

Sorrow: my entire family is sick. including me. I've thrown up 3 times today. T.T
D:
Did you eat undercooked food?
yehoshua

Post by yehoshua »

That turkey be evil, that's why goose is better.
Sent from my conifer.