THE OFFICIAL DREAM TOPIC!

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Douglas Collier

Re: THE OFFICIAL DREAM TOPIC!

Post by Douglas Collier »

I've had dreams like that, but never with more than two layers. Usually I'm just explaining what happened in the previous dream (while I'm still dreaming).
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

I had dreams like that too , except those were a little bit more terrifying than that , never was more than 2 layers though :P
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I lost count of how many layers were in that dream. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Avatar drawn by the amazing ScruffKerfluff!

The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

Nother dream I had last night or the night before...I was the driver of a modern train...and ahead of me I could see the track was all mesed up...and then i just kinda glided over the messed up track without derailing...that's all I remember.
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

My family was driving down the highway when we noticed flames coming out of a local chemical plant.

For some reason, whoever was driving decided to investigate.
When we got there smoke started to spew out of the plant.

I don't remember it exploding. My family started inexplicably walking into the plant and disappeared in the smoke. I was yelling at them to come back while calling them idiots for being here in the first place.

There were people in hazardous materials suits yelling at us to leave.
I hid behind the car in a feeble attempt to shield myself from the (now obviously) lethal chemicals.

I woke up when I started to yell their names as the people in hazardous suits dragged me to safety.
Just an Arc
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Crap that sounds like an awful nightmare. Now I gotta make sure I watch something that isn't nearly as horrifying as that.

*Goes to watch live birth videos on YouTube*
ArcWolf
Just An Arc

Post by ArcWolf »

I wouldn't call it a nightmare.

I wasn't really scared, oddly.

Just an interesting little thing.
Just an Arc
Douglas Collier

Does anyone else have tornado dreams? - You know, dreams where a tornado touches down and you have to get to safety. I tend to have a lot of those.
Douglas isn't my real name, but because of a name block put on me by a higher-order being known as Djinni, I can't say my real name.
Serence Frostbite
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Serence Frostbite »

that would be scary , but no I don't have those often , I think . I do have a lot of post -apocalyptic dreams though . That , or drams of being a fox living in a forest somewhere , both kinds don't end well most of the time though ^^"
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

I have tornado dreams occasionally. I usually tend to hide under my bed in those dreams. :P They don't tend to make much sense and not much happens in them either other than hiding. :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Deske

Post by Deske »

I had a dream I was up in northern Canada after playing this game and I had to survive. I had a beard and that was cool. I found houses and stuff. Had this dream after playing a game. It was awesome but not so awesome at other times. Like coming face to face with a wolf and having to try and run or fight. I think I had a dog though so it was too bad. I wasn't absolutely alone.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I once had a dream that there was an episode of Full House where there was a tornado and it killed Michelle. Only for her to wake up and realize it was a nightmare and then I woke up confused beyond all belief.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Hlaoroo wrote:I have tornado dreams occasionally. I usually tend to hide under my bed in those dreams. :P They don't tend to make much sense and not much happens in them either other than hiding. :P
Tornadoes appear in my dreams a lot, but I have a fear/morbid fascination of them. Sometimes, the dream will seem normal (as far as normality goes in dreams), then... tornado. Ironically, back in March I was dreaming about a tornado. When I woke up, there was a tornado hitting our town and pandemonium in my apartment complex.

I have noticed that my dreams start extremely surreal, bizarre, playful and ambiguous as if everything is a thought being manifested, then as the dreams go on it's like they become more real and lucid up until I open my eyes to where I catch myself sleep talking or feeling like I'm falling off a building as I go into hypnagogia.

I do recall a VERY short dream recently when I fell asleep for a few minutes. I was climbing up a building with my fiend Zach and we were breaking into this building for some reason. To make it even more strange, it was a play and an audience was watching us. All of the sudden I slip on a metal bar and start falling until I was awake and hyperventilating.

90% of my dreams seem to be exhilarating/terrifying with the other 10% being a David Lynch film.
Douglas Collier

Hlaoroo wrote:I have tornado dreams occasionally. I usually tend to hide under my bed in those dreams. :P
I'm usually outside when the tornado forms nearby or forms far away and is quickly heading in my direction. I then take cover in a nearby house.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

The dream that I had last night was a live performance of fun. singing Some Nights in a psychedelic dimension.
Douglas Collier

Last night I dreamed that I was jumping between dimensions - in one of them people still spoke English but used Japanese characters for writing; everything was obscenely expensive as well. I was also jumping backward in time and between characters. Pretty interesting dream.
Pladim

Post by Pladim »

An amusing dream,
I was walking down a demolished street, kinda like the once you see in Fallout 3. As I walked I could hear failty, then growing louder to my left "Draven" (My first name). It kept repeating, confusing me. But then, from my right i was hearing "Pladim"! When both names starting to get loud, my alarm sounded, jolting me from the dream.
I'm Blue daba dee daba die
Steps to Enlightenment brighten the way, but the stairs are steep, take them one at a time.
----------
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

My one dog that I owned from birth died on Monday after 12 years, and since then, I had at least 2 dreams where she was alive and healthy. Probably had more, but only remember 2.

The first dream had her running around and me chasing her, which was a big deal because she couldn't walk well for the past year. In that dream she had come back to life.

The second dream wasn't specifically about her, but she was in it. This dream was more weird though, she was dead, and buried in our yard, but in one part of the dream she was also alive. I think my explanation in the dream was multiple timelines, and this version of her had some time left before she died.

But the sad part of both dreams was that she was healthy and young still. She was a great dog.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm so sorry for your loss. We had to euthanize a dog last year due to old age.
Douglas Collier

Last night I dreamed that I wandered into a cartoon reality where I became a dingo, met a nice girl dingo, and went on a musical journey with her involving some singing and lots of howling (we were listening to the echoes off the mountains). Also, there were quolls, but they were big and ferocious - and a little crazy; everyone feared them. We managed to escape.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I'm sure Hlaoroo will be delighted :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Deske

Post by Deske »

I'm trying to imagine Hlaoroo as a big scary quoll. It's just, not working.
Douglas Collier

It was more like a Tasmanian devil / wolf / hyena thing, but for some reason it was called a quoll. *shrugs*
Come to think of it, they were strikingly similar in personality to the hyenas on Lion King.
Hlaoroo
FROSTWOOD FOREVER!

Post by Hlaoroo »

Perhaps our inner fierceness is belied by our exterior cute adorability. :P

Or perhaps that was a premonition to warn you that we're going to take over the world and rule it with an iron pawfist! :P
Frostwood Forever! <3

My RP Characters

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Quick! We must prepare so we can stop their quoll-vasion!
dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I have had one dream with people from the forums in it, maybe when I find where I wrote it down, I will tell it. :lol:
Deske

Post by Deske »

I should try writing down my dreams as soon as I wake up, if I remember them.
Render
Wanna play a game?

Post by Render »

Douglas Collier wrote:Last night I dreamed that I wandered into a cartoon reality where I became a dingo
*hugs the dingo fellow*
ImageIf life gives you lemons, ask for salt and tequila.

Image Image
ImageImageImage
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

dtlux1 wrote:I have had one dream with people from the forums in it, maybe when I find where I wrote it down, I will tell it. :lol:
I've had my fair share of forum dreams. One notable recurring dream is of me posting something ridiculous and having the mods scold me.

The first time it happened, I worried myself awake and checked the forums first thing.
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Here's one that's really weird, and very long. I can't remember the exact order of the dream, but this is how it went:
(Warning: It is very long)
I was in a train, somewhere in the Persona 3 and 4 universe. It was me, Fuuka, Mitsuru, and Yukari investigating a train that suddenly went out cause of a power outage. Mitsuru got injured while investigating so she stayed with Fuuka. Yukari and I went to the different train cars, when we get to this really dark one. There was a man sitting all alone at the corner with his back turned to us. When we got closer, he suddenly stood up and looked to us, and brings out a giant sword. For some reason, he starts saying some random things with this sinister creepy kind of voice.
Next, the dream changes and it was New Year's Eve. I was on my way home when I wander into an abandoned broken house. And I have no idea why or how it happened, but I was with Spongebob and Sandy during the dream. Apparently, the whole world had gotten infected with some disease called "The Darkness" which was basically just sadness, despair, and all that negative stuff. But then we found out that Spongebob was the cure cause he was full of joy and happiness. So, we then came up with this plan to spread the cure all over the world. We then went to this conference about Lady Gaga, something about her career going down or something, and there were a lot of people there so we thought that was a good place to start. I was supposed to distract the guards while Spongebob, who in the dream was actually Jesus, would prepare to release the cure. He got into position and I looked around and then one of the guards saw me. He walked to me and I started to panic. He asked, "What are you doing here?" and I said, "Just... stuff." He didn't believe me and I started backing away from him, then he took out his sword and said, "What do you think you're doing?" so then I said, "Nothing! I-I'm just... awkward." then I leaned back on the wall and somehow broke it. Other guards and the captain of them came and said, "What's going on?!" so I freaked out and was about to run but then the floor between me and the guards broke. I looked to Spongebob Jesus and yelled, "Now Jesus!" and then he spread his arms and called out, "Here comes the love everyone!" and then giant pink bubble hearts flew out and towards the people and started bursting and released the cure. The people started smiling and laughing but some of them were avoiding the bubbles. So, I started using some weapons like guns and bows to shoot at the bubbles so they can blow up and release the cure, but it turned out I was bad at aiming. So then Spongebob Jesus came to me and took the gun and accidentally shoots the captain and kills him, and Spongebob Jesus goes, "I killed him... I killed my own father..."

And... that's pretty much all I remember. There was a lot more in between and after that but it was all kinda hazy.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

ShadowLightning wrote:*Big wall of text*
Thanks sounds kind of strange. Spongebob Jesus? I'm sorry, but I have to turn that into a thing now :lol:
"All praise to the Sponge!"
Such Sponge. So Bob. Much Jesus.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

I normally don't remember dreams, but the dreams I do remember are usually really really weird. I even have a journal of them, too bad I lost it though...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Deske

Post by Deske »

"Who lived in Jerusalem under the sea...?"

I'm trying to imagine spongebob with a Jesus beard.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

Deske wrote:"Who lived in Jerusalem under the sea...?"

I'm trying to imagine spongebob with a Jesus beard.
"Thou shall grabbeth my spatula so I may create the Krabbiest of patties"
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Deske

Post by Deske »

"As valiant and holy, such glory to he!"

I didn't dream last night. Kind of disappointed.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

If Spongebob is Jesus, who is Satan?
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

dtlux1

Post by dtlux1 »

I need to start writing down my dreams more often, and maybe all in one place. I mentioned earlier in this topic a dream, and since then I have found a place I wrote it down years ago. I need to update that dream. Maybe I should start a dream journal. That could be fun.
SergeiTheFox wrote:If Spongebob is Jesus, who is Satan?
Robot Spongebob.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I thought for sure that DoodleBob would be Satan.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Okay guys, enough. Get back on topic about dreams and no more talk about Spongebob Jesus/Satan.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Douglas Collier

Yes, the thread was turning into a nightmare. :P

Speaking of, I had a pretty cool dream a while back that could have been a nightmare if it wasn't so interesting. I wrote down the concept of the dream; I think it would make a pretty interesting show:

The Lost Valley is a very mysterious place in the Badlands area of the USA. The Native Americans of the surrounding area believed that the land is cursed; when people entered this valley, they seldom came out. The mysterious disappearance of bandits and many an exploration team, and the subsequent search parties, during the Westward expansion seemed to confirm this myth. For years, this valley remained haunted and off limits.
But things have changed since then. Nobody believes in curses anymore. And, at least for a few decades now, most people who have gone into the valley have come back; those very few that didn't are said to have gotten lost and perished. It is strange that their bodies were never found, but authorities believe that they wandered into any of the numerous deep, unstable caves in the area and never found their way out.
In an effort to capitalize on the rich mythology surrounding this valley, an entrepreneur named John Sorta bought the valley and built a state-of-the-art hotel and ski resort: The Sorta Found Hotel.
This attraction proves to be very popular. A few years passes with very few problems - a handful of people never return to the hotel; apparently not heeding the warning outside of the caves. Since then, the resort boarded up the caves, and it appears to work, as the last time that anyone disappeared was two years ago. Everything is going well - or so it would seem.
A promotional event has everyone coming to the resort, and it is packed. Everyone is excited and enjoying themselves. But then, something changes. People suddenly start disappearing at an alarming rate. Skiers on the slopes are seen vanishing into thin air. People walking in the lobby suddenly aren't there anymore. It would appear that the legend is true after all.

Those who disappear find themselves looking at a disturbing sight. The slopes appear the same, except that they are spattered with grave markers. The hotel is gone, replaced by sparse native fauna. The sun is dimmer here, as if only a shadow of the real thing. Everything has the appearance of death - except for the hundreds of people now stranded in this strange and perilous existence, known as the Lost Valley.