Worst songs

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Senator_Sunburst

Re: Worst songs

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

Sleet wrote:That's still better than them not knowing of Rammstein at all, is it? For every person who's reluctant to hear more because they don't like Du Hast, there are probably several who heard more because they did.
I guess it's a double edges sword then.

Incidental. I once saw an album which was supposedly composed of nothing but "one hit wonders." Du Hast was on it. I was...unhappy with this.
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

......Alex what did I just listen to? That was the single worst song I have ever heard in my life. There is no way that was a serious attempt at a song I refuse to believe it. *goes to listen to any thing else because anything is better then that song*
Senator_Sunburst

Oh, I got another group I hate!

Millionaires. Like...I don't think I've ever hated music so much as every "song" they've ever made. I can understand, maybe, why Brokencyde can be liked by some people (heck, one or two of their songs I don't mind that much), but Millionares!!? They are a plague! If I ever met anybody who liked Millionaires, I would assume immediately that I could never relate to this person.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

to be fair brawlyboy your taste in music is . . .

anyway, there's one problem with the songs that are here, and that is that they all have some vague element of being even so slightly 'musical'.

unfortunately, I can't find Middle Eld Dim anywhere besides in torrents and I am not about to upload it to youtube. I swear Benn Jordan has as much crap as he has gold.
Also I can't find and will not upload Thankyou For My Speak And Read Henry, Teeth Grind, Ted Bundy's Aubergine Soundscape, Spider Carcass, Stoneleigh Requiem, or Sticking Gherkins To CCTV Cameras Is Fun And Mildly Subversive.

Actually just everything by Ebola. But then, dissonance is too easy.

I collect music I hate as much as I collect music I like and by god I want to download Prit Stik so badly.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:I hate every song I've ever heard by Beastie Boys, Rage Against the Machine, and Nirvana. I have lots of other single songs I hate, but I can't remember any now.

I'll post later when I can remember some. :P
Heathen!!! :evil: However I forgive you for liking Rammstein as they dominate the European music scene as of present. I can't really understand how you don't like Rage though and you do Rammstein as they're both influencial bands that play heavy music. I'd encourage you to give Rage a second chance and branch out from some of their well-known hits like Killing In The Name and Bulls On Parade and to listen to stuff from their album Renegades and The Battle Of Los Angeles. I guarantee you'll be changed after it :D

P.S - Renegades is all covers
Alex

Post by Alex »

IceKitsune wrote:......Alex what did I just listen to? That was the single worst song I have ever heard in my life. There is no way that was a serious attempt at a song I refuse to believe it. *goes to listen to any thing else because anything is better then that song*
That is the single worst song I know. And yes, it is a real song, called Prit Stik, by the band with the same name. The band disappeared long ago.

However, that's just the worst song in English I know. But I know of worse music, coming from my own country. Makes Prit Stik look good.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Senator_Sunburst

Onlythebassist wrote: Heathen!!! :evil: However I forgive you for liking Rammstein as they dominate the European music scene as of present. I can't really understand how you don't like Rage though and you do Rammstein as they're both influencial bands that play heavy music. I'd encourage you to give Rage a second chance and branch out from some of their well-known hits like Killing In The Name and Bulls On Parade and to listen to stuff from their album Renegades and The Battle Of Los Angeles. I guarantee you'll be changed after it :D

P.S - Renegades is all covers
Rammstein and Rage are two completely different genres.

But if you'd like, shoot me a PM with links to some of these songs you think might change my view.

Ebly - From what I've heard of Ebola, they're not bad. I've liked all the songs I've heard. :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Guys, Rage is a German metal band. Please stop calling the exceedingly angry American rap metal band that. They're different bands.

Also, I feel like I need to listen to Prit Stik. Hopefully I don't claw my eyes out during it. If I do, I can touch type, so I'll get back to you guys on that. EDIT: Jesus Christ, guys. Where do you find something like that?! That was easily the worst thing ever.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Alex

Post by Alex »

Better get bandages - it makes your ears bleed!
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

Sleet wrote:Guys, Rage is a German metal band. Please stop calling the exceedingly angry American rap metal band that. They're different bands.

Also, I feel like I need to listen to Prit Stik. Hopefully I don't claw my eyes out during it. If I do, I can touch type, so I'll get back to you guys on that. EDIT: Jesus Christ, guys. Where do you find something like that?! That was easily the worst thing ever.
I hope that was a typo becuase Rage are product of the USA ;) Rammstein are the Germans
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

Dubiousity wrote:How can you hate Rage Against the Machine? HOW?
One can easily hate them for their politics, or their riffing, or Tom's eccentric guitar playing in general, or Zach's rapping style OH THAT'S ANOTHER THING or that he raps at all and now I have a thought - why do you like them if you hate rap?
Oh, I hate "Fireflies", by Owl City. Even the laughably bad lyrics can't save it in my eyes. It's just a terrible, generic, overplayed song which I can't stand. Owl City generally is pretty bad. I don't understand how somebody who supposedly is influenced by European electronica and disco can possibly produce such uninspired, uninteresting, generic and poor songs, while at the same time being as popular as he is.
European electronica and disco? Try Poooooooooooostaaaaaaaaaaal Seeeeeeeeeeerviiiiiiiiiiiiiice. I mean I know what you're saying but hey, that's another way he's generic for ya
I can't really understand how you don't like Rage though and you do Rammstein as they're both influencial bands that play heavy music.
RatM is an influential metal band, yes. So are Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Therion, Slayer, Death, Atheist, Cryptopsy, In Flames, At the Gates, Metallica, Burzum, Candlemass, Mayhem, etc. It's not hard to believe one could like one of these bands and not like one of the others.
Senator_Sunburst

machchunk wrote: RatM is an influential metal band, yes. So are Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Therion, Slayer, Death, Atheist, Cryptopsy, In Flames, At the Gates, Metallica, Burzum, Candlemass, Mayhem, etc. It's not hard to believe one could like one of these bands and not like one of the others.
I love this. It's just one big list of metal bands I don't like or have never heard of. Granted, I don't hate these bands, but I would never go listen to them of my own will (with the exception of a single song by Metallica).

I also laughed at The Postal Service comment. Truth be told, I like The Postal Service waaaaay more than Owl City, and I only kinda like them.
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:
machchunk wrote: RatM is an influential metal band, yes. So are Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Therion, Slayer, Death, Atheist, Cryptopsy, In Flames, At the Gates, Metallica, Burzum, Candlemass, Mayhem, etc. It's not hard to believe one could like one of these bands and not like one of the others.
I love this. It's just one big list of metal bands I don't like or have never heard of. Granted, I don't hate these bands, but I would never go listen to them of my own will (with the exception of a single song by Metallica).
Jeez everyone is so vague here. Could you please spell out which bands are in each category for you
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I just enjoy Rage Against the Machine's sound okay?
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Senator_Sunburst

We're vague because we don't really see it as necessary to be specific. It should be enough to know that most of those bands I don't care for, and the rest of them I'd never heard of.

But if you insist.

I don't care for:

Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Slayer
Cryptopsy
Metallica
Mayhem
Death

I've never heard of:

Burzum
Candlemass
Therion
In Flames
At the Gates
Atheist

Does this please you?
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

:| Why are you guys getting huffy over me just wanting to know things about you
Senator_Sunburst

machchunk wrote::| Why are you guys getting indignant over me just wanting to know things about you
You didn't phrase it like a simple request to get to know us. It sounded to me more like you were implying we were flighty people who can't bother to be specific when we should. >.>
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:We're vague because we don't really see it as necessary to be specific. It should be enough to know that most of those bands I don't care for, and the rest of them I'd never heard of.

But if you insist.

I don't care for:

Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden
Slayer
Cryptopsy
Metallica
Mayhem
Death

I've never heard of:

Burzum
Candlemass
Therion
In Flames
At the Gates
Atheist

Does this please you?
:0

I'm not even sure what to say to you at this point.
Senator_Sunburst

Dubiousity wrote: :0

If it makes you feel any better, I like Until it Sleeps. :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

All he's saying is that those are all influential metal bands, and it's not necessary to like or hate them as a group since their styles are so different. Hence, it's not unheard of to like Rammstein but not Rage Against the Machine or vice-versa. I personally like Rage Against the Machine and think Rammstein is only OK.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:

Never heard of em'.
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

Dubiousity wrote:
Senator_Sunburst wrote:

Never heard of em'.
Hahaha
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

Sleet wrote:Nope.
Ah... Rage Against The Machine and Rage ARE two complete different bands.

Rage and RATM are common monikers for Rage Against The Machine. Sorry, I forgot how many bands there are out there these days...
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

Senator_Sunburst wrote: I don't care for:
Iron Maiden
OK, now you're just naming all the bands I love :lol:
Senator_Sunburst

Onlythebassist wrote: OK, now you're just naming all the bands I love :lol:
Coincidence, I'm sure. :P
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:From what I've heard of Ebola, they're not bad. I've liked all the songs I've heard. :P
You evidently have not been listening to his Cannibal ***** Ballet album. The stuff he has on his myspace is pretty good.
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Enty

Post by Enty »

Does anybody besides me really not like the song, "You Raise Me Up?" I mean, they took a beautiful melody and injected so much concentrated meh into it. Neither the singer nor the lyrics come close to having passion and power. It just annoys me that they took a good song and kinda... well, killed it.
This is not a signature.
Anthroguy101

Way to go Warren

Post by Anthroguy101 »

Bluegrass, some country and a lot of the Oldies (since that's ALL WE GET ON THE RADIO AROUND HERE!!)
Onlythebassist

Re: Way to go Warren

Post by Onlythebassist »

Anthroguy101 wrote:Bluegrass, some country and a lot of the Oldies (since that's ALL WE GET ON THE RADIO AROUND HERE!!)
*holds hat* I weep for you my friend :|
Senator_Sunburst

Re: Way to go Warren

Anthroguy101 wrote:Bluegrass, some country and a lot of the Oldies (since that's ALL WE GET ON THE RADIO AROUND HERE!!)

Sounds like you're a lucky guy. :P
Liam

Post by Liam »

While not necessarily worse songs, the stuff Linkin Park churns out lately contains their worst tracks.

They seem to have swapped "powerful music" with "shallow lyrics cluttered with digital effects".
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Liam wrote:While not necessarily worse songs, the stuff Linkin Park churns out lately contains their worst tracks.

They seem to have swapped "powerful music" with "shallow lyrics cluttered with digital effects".
It's because they sold their souls to Hasbro.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Alex M.

Post by Alex M. »

Regaetton or whatever is it written :x
Last edited by Alex M. on Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In a time warp from 2011.
Over thinking, over analyzing separates the body from the mind.
dalonewolf25
Location: Somewhere in Pretoria, South Africa, where tiny colorful horses reside.

Post by dalonewolf25 »

Gangsta music...BIG no no.
Everyone has a story. What's yours?~
Senator_Sunburst

Alex M. wrote:Regaetton or or whatever is written :x
It was just yesterday that I was looking for more Reggaeton music. Stuff's cool man.

EDIT - I know I'm really late here, but in what sense was anything Linkin Park wrote pre-Minutes to Midnight "Powerful Music?" I liked it. It wasn't "powerful" except maybe Breaking the Habit, I suppose.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Liam wrote:While not necessarily worse songs, the stuff Linkin Park churns out lately contains their worst tracks.

...Agreed.
They need to stop using so many effects and go back to the Hybrid Theory style. That would make me happy.
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

I think pretty much anything on the radio these days is garbage.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

yoyodude wrote:I think pretty much anything on the radio these days is garbage.
Pretty much. Now go find a 80s, 90s, or 00s station and it'll be better.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Because when you have a whole decade or two to choose from you can weed out the crap. If you have a month or whatever the current stations tend to use, you're going to get a lot more terrible and faddy songs.