Worst songs

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Agent Sandwich

Worst songs

Post by Agent Sandwich »

Contrary to the 'Music.' thread, what songs/artists do you absolutely hate?

Any songs by Scouting for Girls or Justin Bieber IMO.
Yes, I support catlovers! You got a problem mate?

Thank you Housepets! Forum. I've accepted myself.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Worst songs

Post by Sleet »

The worst song I ever heard that wasn't intentionally bad is some rap song I don't know the name of, but involves repeatedly saying "Lafft Taffy." I have no idea who made that gem. But it was awful.

The sheer terribleness of this one semi-obscure chart-hop song has managed to stick with me after all these years.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Mr. Noms

Post by Mr. Noms »

"Insult to Injury" by Craig's Brother. My friend listens to it all the time, makes me wanna kill myself, and not in a peaceful way either. I'm talking.... well we gotta keep it PG, nevermind.
sonic id furreh!!!

Post by sonic id furreh!!! »

anythin bai lady gaga justin bieber all other pop artist (exept MJ) everythin on Mtv and all rap :x kant stand it
Alex

Post by Alex »

Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Any pop or rap music.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
Harby

Post by Harby »

Memory is the key.
Harby

Post by Harby »

I do actually like it i just want to see you guys look at it.
Memory is the key.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Very mature... >.<
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

There is no competition.

WARNING HIGHLY EXPLICIT LIKE REALLY NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART

This is THE worst song ever made

I WARNED YOU
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Note that I tend to dislike rap music as well, but I think the idea of automatically putting something off because of rapping is kind of closed-minded. Same thing if it's because it's popular or if it's country.

Here's a Wired article on a song that was systematically designed to be unpleasant to as many people as possible. It's quite awful, but it's hilarious. It's a good 22 minutes, however, so it takes some dedication. It's on my iPod, so whenever a group of friends plays the "put your iPod on shuffle and you may not skip any songs" game that song is like a land mine.
Last edited by Sleet on Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
machchunk

Post by machchunk »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pKYiwOUFww
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8IV6lJSm1c

One of these, I can't decide

It's really hard to completely suck because even in all the songs I hate, there is something appealing about them.

And I did listen to "Ante Up" and "Nuthin' But a 'G' Thang" after listening to the songs up there and any song could be the "worst song" compared to those
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Sleet wrote:Note that I tend to dislike rap music as well, but I think the idea of automatically putting something off because of rapping is kind of closed-minded. Same thing if it's because it's popular or if it's country.

Here's a Wired article on a song that was systematically designed to be unpleasant to as many people as possible. It's quite awful, but it's hilarious. It's a good 22 minutes, however, so it takes some dedication. It's on my iPod, so whenever a group of friends play the "put your iPod on shuffle and you may not skip any songs" game that song is like a land mine.
The opera rapping was golden!!! This song is actually very entertaining to listen to!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's my favorite part too. Freaking tuba opera rap. About cowboys. That and the children's Wal-Mart songs about increasingly obscure holidays.
Onlythebassist

Post by Onlythebassist »

Right I've got you all beat, try to get this out of your head after a few listens! They made toys at McDonalds which sung this while I was in Portugal, so I had to endure hours of annoyance at the hands of my sister.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=astISOttCQ0
The Game

Post by The Game »

ANYTHING by Justin Beiber. Anything at all.
And Ego by Kanye West and Beyonce. Oh, i hate that song.
there's probably a lot more that I'm too tired to think of right now
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Onlythebassist wrote:Right I've got you all beat, try to get this out of your head after a few listens! They made toys at McDonalds which sung this while I was in Portugal, so I had to endure hours of annoyance at the hands of my sister.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=astISOttCQ0
The green blob shakes his gelatinous butt for 5 seconds in that video D: i can't believe i watched that
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Typhon, you know you enjoyed it.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

All of y'all just bashed every single kind of music I listen to. D:
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

California Girls

*shudders*
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Dubiousity wrote:Typhon, you know you enjoyed it.
Lies! Thou shall not enjoy such vileness!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

yoyodude wrote:California Girls

*shudders*
That's by the Beach Boys. The... other song is spelled differently. I won't even justify it with repeating it here.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Beagle wrote:All of y'all just bashed every single kind of music I listen to. D:
Well, either my post was ignored, or you really listen to Prit Stik. If you do that, then I've lost all my respect for you... and I mean all. Sorry.
Last edited by Alex on Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

machchunk

Post by machchunk »

Beagle wrote:All of y'all just bashed every single kind of music I listen to. D:
Could you be more specific?
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Typhon wrote:
Dubiousity wrote:Typhon, you know you enjoyed it.
Lies! Thou shall not enjoy such vileness!
You can't deny it!
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

I hate every song I've ever heard by Beastie Boys, Rage Against the Machine, and Nirvana. I have lots of other single songs I hate, but I can't remember any now.

I'll post later when I can remember some. :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:I hate every song I've ever heard by Beastie Boys, Rage Against the Machine, and Nirvana. I have lots of other single songs I hate, but I can't remember any now.

Aww, and here I thought we were so similar with everything!

Beastie Boys and Rage Against the Machine are understandable because their styles are so extreme, but I always figured that Nirvana was broad enough that it'd be hard to hate everything they've made (not just not liking, but hating).
Typhon

Post by Typhon »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:I hate every song I've ever heard by Beastie Boys, Rage Against the Machine, and Nirvana. I have lots of other single songs I hate, but I can't remember any now.

Why hate Nirvana? WHY HATE NIRVANA

lol jk
Senator_Sunburst

Sleet wrote:Aww, and here I thought we were so similar with everything!

Beastie Boys and Rage Against the Machine are understandable because their styles are so extreme, but I always figured that Nirvana was broad enough that it'd be hard to hate everything they've made (not just not liking, but hating).
Aww man, I broke the similarity!

I hate the vocalists for all these bands. Not only that but there's something just...offputting about RatM. But that's okay, I can listen to Bionic Jive, which all my friends agree is just Rage Against the Machine, except good.

Kurt Cobain's voice annoys me to no end. I just can't handle the whiny whines. There are actually a few bands whom I don't like solely because I don't like the whiny vocals.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Fair enough. I have trouble not hating a lot of metal bands because of their vocalists, after all.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

How can you hate Rage Against the Machine? HOW?
Senator_Sunburst

Dubiousity wrote:How can you hate Rage Against the Machine? HOW?
I just said! :P

I hate the vocalist, and I don't really like them generally I guess. There's just something off about their songs.

Oh, I hate "Fireflies", by Owl City. Even the laughably bad lyrics can't save it in my eyes. It's just a terrible, generic, overplayed song which I can't stand. Owl City generally is pretty bad. I don't understand how somebody who supposedly is influenced by European electronica and disco can possibly produce such uninspired, uninteresting, generic and poor songs, while at the same time being as popular as he is.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

At least as far as the US radio scene goes, there's not much generic about "Fireflies." Not to say that it's good; the synthesizers are pleasant for a few seconds and then you realize that's all there is and quickly get bored.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Senator_Sunburst and Sleet wrote:Things about my favorite band that make me cry
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Senator_Sunburst

Sleet wrote:At least as far as the US radio scene goes, there's not much generic about "Fireflies." Not to say that it's good; the synthesizers are pleasant for a few seconds and then you realize that's all there is and quickly get bored.
Really?

I don't listen to the radio so I wouldn't know. I DO listen to a very large selection of genres and am at least moderately versed in European electronica, and I don't see anything really noteworthy to say in favour of Fireflies. Also, autotuned vocals get boring real quick.

And you reminded me Sleet, I hate Technologic.

Teh Brawler - Aww, which one is your favourite band?

EDIT - Also, Owl City should listen to this, to learn how to properly be influenced by Disco music. Also, how to have lyrics that are purposely funny, instead of just laughably ridiculous by accident.
Last edited by Senator_Sunburst on Mon Aug 30, 2010 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:I don't listen to the radio so I wouldn't know. I DO listen to a very large selection of genres and am at least moderately versed in European electronica, and I don't see anything really noteworthy to say in favour of Fireflies. Also, autotuned vocals get boring real quick.
If that's the case, then you should be glad that the genre is getting some exposure over here, even if the genre has significantly better to offer. I'm not familiar with the genre, so I believe you that it's generic in that sense, but there's nothing like it on the mainstream radio. So while I'm not a fan of the song specifically, I do like it when a song that's different from the usual tripe gets big. And then maybe every several years a song I actually like makes it big. I'm still waiting for another Viva La Vida.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

I am already a huge Daft Punk fan, and Owl City is one of my favorite bands.

That didn't fix my broken heart
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Senator_Sunburst

Sleet wrote:If that's the case, then you should be glad that the genre is getting some exposure over here, even if the genre has significantly better to offer. I'm not familiar with the genre, so I believe you that it's generic in that sense, but there's nothing like it on the mainstream radio. So while I'm not a fan of the song specifically, I do like it when a song that's different from the usual tripe gets big. And then maybe every several years a song I actually like makes it big. I'm still waiting for another Viva La Vida.
I dunno, I can think of a lot of examples where this wasn't good. I can't tell you how many people I know whom I had to really push hard to give Rammstein a try, because all they'd heard of Rammstein was the song "Du Hast" which for some inexplicable reason is the only major single to ever get any airtime in America, despite being one of Rammstein's worst songs. Of course, being Rammstein, it's not so bad, but still.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

That's still better than them not knowing of Rammstein at all, is it? For every person who's reluctant to hear more because they don't like Du Hast, there are probably several who heard more because they did.