Little moments

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Re: Little moments

Post by Buckdida »

So, long day at work, right? Eight hour shift, standing the entire time, save for lunch break and a couple of on-the-clock breaks.

Feet.
Are.
Tired.

I come home, kick off my shoes. (Feels good) But the floor of my house is all hardwood. We have a couple of area rugs, yeah, but they're your standard apartment like cheap covering...Anyway, I have to go to the bathroom, coming home, of course. So I head there. What I hadn't known is that my mom had done some cleaning that day. In the bathroom, we have these little rugs. I walked in quickly...and...

She had washed them.

They were plushy and fluffy.

And I just stood there wiggling my toes for a moment, noting how nice it felt on my feet.

Then I remembered I was there to use the bathroom.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

Teh Brawler wrote:"Wo's 'grits'?"
i don't know if she's asking what grits are or who grits is, but what on earth are grits don't tell me to google it because i have, i'm just making a point
I was going to make a joke but then I did.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Ebly wrote:
i don't know if she's asking what grits are or who grits is, but what on earth are grits don't tell me to google it because i have, i'm just making a point
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grits
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

I would be astonished if I ever heard anybody ask "what are grits?" no matter the accent. I probably would have to keep myself from laughing.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Senator_Sunburst wrote:I would be astonished if I ever heard anybody ask "what are grits?" no matter the accent. I probably would have to keep myself from laughing.
Thank you for understanding my position. :D
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Flamboyant-Pencil

Post by Flamboyant-Pencil »

Wait I'm from South Jersey and have no idea what grits are.

... Wo's grits? D:
deviantART! 8D

AWESOME AS CHARGED
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

Flamboyant-Pencil wrote:Wait I'm from South Jersey and have no idea what grits are.

... Wo's grits? D:
Teh Brawler wrote:
Ebly wrote:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grits
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

Flamboyant-Pencil wrote:Wait I'm from South Jersey and have no idea what grits are.

... Wo's grits? D:
I'm from south jersey too and I would be just as lost as you if I hadn't watched My Cousin Vinny!
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
The Game

Post by The Game »

Sketcherofstuff wrote:
I'm from south jersey too and I would be just as lost as you if I hadn't watched My Cousin Vinny!
Haha, that movie is the first thing I think of when someone says grits :lol:
Jack

Post by Jack »

me, my brother and a friend of mine spent 15 minutes staring at ice melt.

ya.
Jack PFRG - S-10 P-7 E-2 C-8 I-6 A-4 L-5
Nika PFRG - S-4 P-4 E-6 C-10 I-4 A-6 L-8
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

How on earth would anyone expect an australian to be aware of a native american dish common in america's south
to be fair i also had no idea what hominy was

So today, I put on my jacket, walked out the door, and realised that a while back I had spilled some mustard on it and had told myself that I would clean it later (then, obviously, forgot). I told myself that, hey, at least my shirt doesn't have mustard on it. I can just keep my jacket open so the mustard is less noticeable.

Over the course of the day I spilled mustard on my shirt and mustard on the inside of my jacket.

I am a mustard magnet.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

I just have to tell this to the forums, I felt like a little high school girl seeing Justin Beebern real life.
This thing will stick with me for the rest of my life, 100%
Wound it be funny if we all had to sing happy birthday to Rick via skype,
Yes that would be funny, but that will never happen, don't be silly
10 minutes later 5 housepets members had a mental breakdown, with the only mind string going: *Eeeeeep*.
I just loved how everyone (including me) locked up and had our facial functions backfire to only show a red Blushing face.

Epicness
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Dear god Kyderra, my cam is all dark in that picture! D: :>
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Some of you guys know my little brother was in hospital due to an asthma attack recently. I swear, seeing him tonight and having him run up to hug me just warmed my heart. That's all I can say really. Small thigns are the best things.
Teh Brawler

Post by Teh Brawler »

44R0NM10 wrote:Some of you guys know my little brother was in hospital due to an asthma attack recently. I swear, seeing him tonight and having him run up to hug me just warmed my heart. That's all I can say really. Small thigns are the best things.
*drip drip*

Oh, sorry, that was my heart melting.
DOH HO HO WELL THEN
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

44R0NM10 wrote:Some of you guys know my little brother was in hospital due to an asthma attack recently. I swear, seeing him tonight and having him run up to hug me just warmed my heart. That's all I can say really. Small thigns are the best things.
Yeah... I can only agree that even the smallest thing can mean a lot.
Ebly

Post by Ebly »

A teacher of mine pulled me aside after asking for a piece of formative work that I had not completed. She talked to me on length about my work ethic and how it was at the stage of my life where my grades really matter for my future. Let me just emphasize that she talked to me on l e n g t h.

So I ask her if my grades are bad. They're great.

She proceeded to tell me about how "this is not about grades, this is not about 'just summative', this is your work ethic" and went on for another five or ten minutes. I just smiled like a smug little jerk.

Ebly: 1. Nosey teacher: 0.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

So he's alright now? That's great!
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Senator_Sunburst

Post by Senator_Sunburst »

I was at a dollar store a few days ago with a friend. We looked around and saw a lot of Halloween themed merchandise. My friend then says "Yeah, let's sell Halloween stuff and completely skip over Thanksgiving." I looked at him oddly and started laughing, and he wondered what was wrong for a while until I told him that Thanksgiving is after Halloween. He then said "No it's not!" and I had to go over the months for him. He then felt really dumb. I keep bringing it up now, because it's just so silly.
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

My friend and I were talking while walking to the buses together yesterday after school. She excitedly exclaims to me, "Oh Caitlin!! I got SoulSilver yesterday!!!" Theses two really preppy girls turn around and give us those, "They're such losers" sneer.
We ignore them, and I say, "YAY! I have HeartGold; we can trade together!!"
The two girls in front of us turn around again. So I say, "We're talking about pokemon, sorry."
Girls: "Yeah, we know." *>_>*
Me: *Moment of temporary insanity* "Oh cool!! Do you play too???"
Girls: "**** NAW!"

:lol:
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Flamboyant-Pencil

Post by Flamboyant-Pencil »

So, I'm at the hospital today with my dad, to visit my grandfather (he fell recently and needed to get a pacemaker, but he's okay, he left the hospital like a half hour after we did).

Now to say my dad has some money issues is like saying the ocean's a little salty. So he usually gets something at Mickey D's as a "dinner." Now my grandmother is pestering him all day to get something at Boston Market instead (fast food, but its all turkey and mashed potatoes and junk. And thus, more expensive) so he keeps saying no.

We finally leave, and she urges him one more time. "Please Dave, just get something nice to eat"

Me: "Yeah, we can jsut get some pot pies at Boston Market. *Winks*

Dad: "No- *catches on*, n- yeah, fine, that sounds good. We'll stop over to it on the way home.

My grandmother brightens up and lets dad off the hook, and ten minutes later we're chowing in the car outside McDonalds.

Not your average father-son moment, but it felt good :B
deviantART! 8D

AWESOME AS CHARGED
Haru Totetsu
Location: Universe A-1.7, Section C, Solar System: Delta, Earth, United Kingdom, England, Cheshire

Post by Haru Totetsu »

Regeretfully I only have stupidly big events in my life, with nothing small and ordinary. My life is a lightning rod for drama.
Aquablast

Post by Aquablast »

For anyone who has been paying attention to me probably knows that I am having my semester test this week.

Since the exam usually starts at 11:15 AM, I prefer to spend my time at home instead of going straight to school.

Today I was spending my time here, like the last two days. There was only a single test subject today, so I was taking it easy. I didn't study until 10:30 AM. When I was studying I thought: "Hey, since there is only one subject. I can come back home earlier!" So I checked, and apparently the exam ends at 11:15 AM.

Wait, WHAT?

I was like "oh crap!" I forgot that earlier classes also only have a single subject as well, thus the whole schedule was moved forward. The test began at 10 AM and I was already 30 minutes late! I walked to school people were coming out of class when I arrived.

Stuff like this happens, I convinced myself.

Of course, things went well. A teacher walked by and asked me why was I late. I told her the reason, and she let me take the test in the teachers room-- With air conditioners! The surface of table was also smooth, unlike the tables in the classroom. And I answered every questions without difficulties. Made my fuss earlier seemed really silly.

But anyway...

Note to self: Check the time schedule next time, Aqua!
rempar11

Post by rempar11 »

this is just wrong.

My class and I(I remembered proper grammar teacher,are you PROUD HUH YOU PROUD NOW ?)were having a doge ball match.
there was one guy left and he had all of the doge balls and we were all like "come on we out in the open"
Then he took up one, waited a few seconds, he throwed it, and it hooped ( he's whole team goings in)
and we lose.

A CRUSHING DEFEAT
when it nonsense work try try again if that cant work hit it with a frying pan
"Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you only spend it once."
Medli

Post by Medli »

Kyderra wrote:I just have to tell this to the forums, I felt like a little high school girl seeing Justin Beebern real life.
This thing will stick with me for the rest of my life, 100%
Wound it be funny if we all had to sing happy birthday to Rick via skype,
Yes that would be funny, but that will never happen, don't be silly
10 minutes later 5 housepets members had a mental breakdown, with the only mind string going: *Eeeeeep*.
I just loved how everyone (including me) locked up and had our facial functions backfire to only show a red Blushing face.

Epicness
Kyderra! D:
You took the screenshot when I was wearing my mysterious device thingy D:
AND you did not mention who "had the balls" to invite rick 8-)
<+Vaddie> ... WHY AM I A GIRL ON FIRE WEARING 30 PAIRS OF PANTS ALL OF A SUDDEN
* +SickDynar is like the fountain of youth, except with drool instead of youth.
Aah, I LOVE quotes :3
DigiManiac

Post by DigiManiac »

Last week I was at the supermarket, stopping by on my way home from work to get some fruit or something (I was seriously hungry and I have a 40 minute commute by train between work and home).

Anyway, at the store I see this old lady rummaging through the cheese section. I overheard her asking the staff for Manchego (which, by the way, is a delicious Spanish cheese), but the girl she asked acted like a real jerk and snapped back "I'm busy, find it yourself!".

I felt sorry for the lady and started going through the cheeses myself, missing my train in the process. But I found a piece of manchego and when I gave it to the lady she became really happy and thanked me several times for being "a younger person who actually takes care of the elderly". That made me feel so good I didn't even care that I had to wait 45 minutes for the next train.

PS. If you are curious, I ended up buying some bananas.
-I know I'm crazy, I've never claimed to be sane-
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

D'aww, that is so sweet ^_^
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Private Elliot

Post by Private Elliot »

DigiManiac wrote:Last week I was at the supermarket, stopping by on my way home from work to get some fruit or something (I was seriously hungry and I have a 40 minute commute by train between work and home).

Anyway, at the store I see this old lady rummaging through the cheese section. I overheard her asking the staff for Manchego (which, by the way, is a delicious Spanish cheese), but the girl she asked acted like a real jerk and snapped back "I'm busy, find it yourself!".

I felt sorry for the lady and started going through the cheeses myself, missing my train in the process. But I found a piece of manchego and when I gave it to the lady she became really happy and thanked me several times for being "a younger person who actually takes care of the elderly". That made me feel so good I didn't even care that I had to wait 45 minutes for the next train.

PS. If you are curious, I ended up buying some bananas.
/thumbs up
DigiManiac

Post by DigiManiac »

Another one came to mind.

The other day I was extremely tired, both physically and mentally (getting up at 4 AM and writing 3 theses at the same time will do that to you). I was just sitting in the living room and staring blankly in front of me, thinking something along the line of "I'm so exhausted, what's the point of all this?".

Then, As if she instinctively knew that I was locked in a negative spiral, my cat comes running across the floor, jumps up into my lap, lies down and starts purring like there's no tomorrow. Needless to say, my heart melted on the spot and I yet again realized what life is all about.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Psychic cat is psychic :3

Also, d'aww! x3
DigiManiac

Post by DigiManiac »

Tobee wrote:Psychic cat is psychic :3

Also, d'aww! x3

D'aww indeed :) I love my kitty! :3
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

The call center sent home too many employees before end of shift and call times were getting ridiculous, so my training class had to go online early. It's very hard to concentrate when you're in a classroom with 19 other customer care representative candidates taking calls and looking up information while two more experienced CCRs walk around to answer any questions we might have.

My second caller became angry and disconnected when I told him it'd take three to five business days for our service management team to find replacement parts for his TV. *shrugs* He'd already called in today, spoken with a supervisor yesterday, and called at least twice daily for the week or so before that (according to the call log).

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other