Music.

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

NHWestoN

Re: Music.

Post by NHWestoN »

Even out of season, always a Favorite - all the more so in October. Perfect for a 55th High School Reunion......
Harry Johnathan

Post by Harry Johnathan »

My favorite song is 'Airplanes Part II' by B.O.B, mostly because it's also my mom's.

My second favorite is a tie between 'Write Your Name' by Yelawolf, 'Living on a Prayer' by Bon Jovi, the opening to 'Unfinished Symphony No.2' by Franz Schubert, 'Monster' by Riahnna, 'Dan Dan Korkoro' by Field of Dreams, 'The Halleujah Chorus' from Messiah by Handel, 'Swan Lake Overture' by Tchaikovsky, 'Dead and Gone' by T.I and Justin Timberlake, 'Footloose' 'Ballroom Blitz' and 'The Batman Theme' by Danny Elfman.

My third favorite song is... 'Grenade' by Bruno Mars.

I kinda have weird tastes... :?
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:41 am My favorite song is 'Airplanes Part II' by B.O.B, mostly because it's also my mom's.

My second favorite is a tie between 'Write Your Name' by Yelawolf, 'Living on a Prayer' by Bon Jovi, the opening to 'Unfinished Symphony No.2' by Franz Schubert, 'Monster' by Riahnna, 'Dan Dan Korkoro' by Field of Dreams, 'The Halleujah Chorus' from Messiah by Handel, 'Swan Lake Overture' by Tchaikovsky, 'Dead and Gone' by T.I and Justin Timberlake, 'Footloose' 'Ballroom Blitz' and 'The Batman Theme' by Danny Elfman.

My third favorite song is... 'Grenade' by Bruno Mars.

I kinda have weird tastes... :?
Not really. When I was a small child, my Dad was stationed at the Navy Base in Key West, Florida. We had a cinderblock residence with a window that looked out on a small pond where swans often hung around (occasional flamingoes, too). One day, my mother brought home a stack of little yellow "Golden Records" 45s. (Yeah, the same people who published "Golden Books" also printed out these children's records; yellow because they couldn't get the color golden right I later heard.) One of them was the swan dance from Tchaikovsky. I would play that record over and over and over again while watching those majestic birds and that probably helped imprint me with a love of nature, animals, and music. So ... weird tastes? Me, too.
Harry Johnathan

Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
DDeer

Post by DDeer »

I like indie mostly, but also some 80s, Eurythmics, Mull Historical Society, Deftones, Erasure, Italian Opera, Billy Bragg, Crowded House, The Killers, Fleetwood Mac, to name but a few, problem is my tastes change from week to week. Prefer Vinyl (know its more convinient but still not really using mp3s!).

Daunted
Disproportionately Dappled
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I remember when I first found out about Eurythmics and that was when I heard the song "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of These)" and really liked it. At one point I think I was obsessed with both that song and "Tainted Love" and played them so much that I'm surprised I didn't wear out the CD they were burned to. :mrgreen:
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

A little different at least for being an instrumental, and not something anybody else here is likely to have heard or heard of, but this is one I've listened to a couple times already this morning. It's just got this wonderful haunting, lonely atmosphere, and it goes on long enough to let it really sink in.

Distant World by Dan Wentz
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Really does sound very ominous and solitary and you can really hear all of it! Great work!
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

??? It's not mine. I'd not have credited someone else in the link if it was. :mrgreen:
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I meant great work in finding it but I guess I forgot to put that part in. XD
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Oh lol... I get paranoid about being mistaken for other people.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I can assure you that I won't mistake you for another person.

Now ANOTHER big cat on the other hand... 8-)
JamesMill89

Post by JamesMill89 »

lukeronchi536

Post by lukeronchi536 »

I have always listened to music. I like how I feel when I listen to music. Music seems to light up a box in my heart and reunites me with a greater force. If music is on, so am I. I love signing along and feeling the emotion of the singer/songwriter. I love to rock out to roll and roll too. I love how music can make strangers come together and dance.
I love listen podcast theme music because It is very interesting.
Dogglar

Post by Dogglar »

https://rave.dj/3-U_mwV7Xka-tw

Anyone else use rave.dj on occasion?
B.E.A.R. PMC
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Indeed, Cesco. Chariots of Fire can still get the old lachrymose ducts going. :)
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I never think of Chariots of Fire as a sad song. I just think of it as a triumphant one if that makes sense.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 2:24 am I never think of Chariots of Fire as a sad song. I just think of it as a triumphant one if that makes sense.
It does - there's a kind of quiet exultation in the strings that weave through it. In a way, although it's about running, it's also about faith and there's a quality about that's close to a hymn or even a lullaby. I just tend by nature to gravitate towards the melancholy subtext in it.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I listened to it a few times and I could not get that subtext. It must just be me.
Harry Johnathan

It's just you.
Saturn381

Post by Saturn381 »

Tricksy

Post by Tricksy »

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

To be fair, I could never get into classical music. My favorite type of music has been the music I grew up listening to. Late 90s to late 00s pop.