Music.

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Chaplin

Re: Music.

Post by Chaplin »

Hey guys sorry to interrupt everyone's anger, but I just realized that teh Foo Fighters had a music video for their single "Walk"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PkcfQtibmU

Really amazing song and lyrics, great video as well. I think a lot of people will like the intro.

Soccer mom warning: May contain violence and crude humor my tip is ignore it and love the music.

On a side note: It seems to me like some of you guys are acting like if you like a (sub)Genre of music you have to hate all the others. Just because you like Iron Maiden doesn't mean you can't enjoy LMFAO.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I don't act like that. I like anything I find enjoyable, from Lady Gaga to Nirvana. and Rush, but mainly because my parents are big Rush fans.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Well...I don't like either if I'm honest, they all sound the same to me. Just robotic music, one day that music will end up transforming and it will take over the world! I've seen Terminator! You can't trick me!
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

I sort of agree with the above post...

Also, i don't think genres such as dubstep, pop, and the various forms of techno/electronic music "suck". I just don't particularly like them for those previous stated reasons. I just don't see how people can like anything of the music besides the beat and the sound. I'll admit I have kind of a narrow interest in genres of music, that's what i like, though. I'm not going to argue that they're any better than other types.

My favorite genres are 80's-90's hard rock, alternative rock/grunge, alternative music, classic rock, and sometimes thrash metal. I don't know many others who still listen to those as a favorite. xD
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

I agree good sir! To me dubstep is just noise, not really music at all in my opinion. I think music represent how you feel, or who you really are. Songs about love annoy me because I personally don't believe in love, you're never gonna feel that way so why sing about it? Also...I like some Grunge.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Ah, but without the beat and the sound, would you truly have music? That's part of why I love it. Even when listening to rock and such, I'm more liable to listen to the bass guitar or the drums than anything else. Or at least, that's why I eventually focus on. If you listen to a song enough, you'll start hearing little things going on in the background that you never heard before, that make the song even more enjoyable than before!

Oh music. Why did I quit you during high school. I'm still obsessed, whether I play or just listen.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Daggy wrote:Ah, but without the beat and the sound, would you truly have music? That's part of why I love it. Even when listening to rock and such, I'm more liable to listen to the bass guitar or the drums than anything else. Or at least, that's why I eventually focus on. If you listen to a song enough, you'll start hearing little things going on in the background that you never heard before, that make the song even more enjoyable than before!
Same here. I always tried to catch all the background sound effects and instrument while listening to a song, and when I understood them, it makes the whole experience more wholesome, regardless of what genre of music you're listening to.

On another note, I was playing this rhythm game recently, and I found this song:
BACK ON~with you

Took me a while to realize that it's a remix of the Tales game series themes (coz I've only seen Tales of Vesperia, which battle theme is around the middle). Dunno why, but I find the song really catchy and stands out, and I've heard a lot of Japanese songs.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

I don't hate the bass and the drums, I hate stuff like auto-tune -smashes Ke$ha-
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Daggy wrote:Ah, but without the beat and the sound, would you truly have music? That's part of why I love it. Even when listening to rock and such, I'm more liable to listen to the bass guitar or the drums than anything else. Or at least, that's why I eventually focus on. If you listen to a song enough, you'll start hearing little things going on in the background that you never heard before, that make the song even more enjoyable than before!

Oh music. Why did I quit you during high school. I'm still obsessed, whether I play or just listen.
Very true. However, I don't know... but there's something techno/dubstep/pop is missing that I just don't see.

I was talking to a good friend who like genres such as pop, rap, and hiphop music. He claims that almost all the artist make 100% original and unique content. He gave me examples of two different artist and I couldn't tell any difference, it just sounded like noise. He like the most of the same types of music I like, except the harder stuff. He claims that it just sounds like a bunch of noise.

To sum it up, it all depends on the person's taste, and what elements of music a person likes.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

zeldakeeper wrote:I don't hate the bass and the drums, I hate stuff like auto-tune -smashes Ke$ha-
Well auto-tuning is awful regardless! Naturally, everyone has their own tastes, so there's no real sense in trying to argue it. Instead, I'm going to find something to link!

Strings remix of a song I enjoy
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

SO

you hate owl city

HOW DARE YOU
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

I love owl city! D: It's my primary Pandora station!

Those other haters, however, shall pay for their treachery!
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

I don't hate him!! D: I just think that auto-tune is a really dumb invention. I was watching America's got Talent and then The Black Eyed Peas came on and because it was live there was no auto-tune and he soundedreally laughable, his voice kept dropping. It was so poor, the people in the crowd were like .-. ...
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Owl city uses auto tune. :V

It's a matter of how MUCH though. He does it very well!
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

No, it's a matter of can you sing well without it. Owl City uses it and he can sing greatly without it.

Also I'm really enjoying Fallen Angels by Black Veil Brides, I absolutely adore BVB~
Agent Sandwich

Post by Agent Sandwich »

Does anyone here listen to Skrillex?
Yes, I support catlovers! You got a problem mate?

Thank you Housepets! Forum. I've accepted myself.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

A friend keeps linking me songs of his (or her, IDK), but I haven't listened to any yet. I really should get around to it.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Agent Sandwich wrote:Does anyone here listen to Skrillex?
Yes, why?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Auto-tune can be appropriate used. Daft Punk uses it sometimes, Owl City (though I'm not a fan) uses it without being obnoxious. Heck, it was Cher who did it first and she used it just fine! Not everyone who uses auto-tune is crappy chart-hop and chart pop.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

Sleet wrote:Auto-tune can be appropriate used. Daft Punk uses it sometimes, Owl City (though I'm not a fan) uses it without being obnoxious. Heck, it was Cher who did it first and she used it just fine! Not everyone who uses auto-tune is crappy chart-hop and chart pop.
agreed. other than the part about not being a fan of Owl City. that's madness. :lol:
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
CoffeeJunkie

Post by CoffeeJunkie »

Sky Sailing is soooooooo much Better than Owl City.
24 - Number of times my name has brought upon the saying "I like coffee!"
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

UGH I HATE CHER! -rolls around screaming-
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

CoffeeJunkie wrote:Sky Sailing is soooooooo much Better than Owl City.

I hope you know they're the same guy. :p
CoffeeJunkie

Post by CoffeeJunkie »

Tobee wrote:I hope you know they're the same guy. :p
Yeah, I was trying to make a joke. Guess I failed
24 - Number of times my name has brought upon the saying "I like coffee!"
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

CoffeeJunkie wrote:
Tobee wrote:I hope you know they're the same guy. :p
Yeah, I was trying to make a joke. Guess I failed

Oh...

Well, I didn't know sky sailing so I had to look it up. >:

Sorry! D;
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

So, I forgot how amazing Tool Radio was. (Pandora One is a phenomenal thing and I would be lost without my endless stream of music.)

Some Alice in Chains

Some A Perfect Circle

Some Chevelle

Man...I haven't been this angry in a long time (bad times in WoW, rofl). But this is helping to calm me, a lot.
Agent Sandwich

Post by Agent Sandwich »

Tobee wrote:
Agent Sandwich wrote:Does anyone here listen to Skrillex?
Yes, why?
Just wondering because alot of people here seem to hate dubstep. I love how he combines rock from his background with electrohouse elements to his dubstep music. I also think he's a genius for reversing samples and making them sound good with the same chord progression when played normally (eg Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites).
Yes, I support catlovers! You got a problem mate?

Thank you Housepets! Forum. I've accepted myself.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Daggy wrote:So, I forgot how amazing Tool Radio was. (Pandora One is a phenomenal thing and I would be lost without my endless stream of music.)

Some Alice in Chains

Some A Perfect Circle

Some Chevelle

Man...I haven't been this angry in a long time (bad times in WoW, rofl). But this is helping to calm me, a lot.
I can only open A Perfect Circle, apparently the other two are blocked in my country :?
The vocals somehow sent chills down my spine. That's a new experience...

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Alex

Post by Alex »

Here, try some Helloween :)
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Retinq

Post by Retinq »

Actually, its RETINQ. See, Retinq. Q.

Post by Daggy »

kurowolfe wrote:
Daggy wrote:So, I forgot how amazing Tool Radio was. (Pandora One is a phenomenal thing and I would be lost without my endless stream of music.)

Some Alice in Chains

Some A Perfect Circle

Some Chevelle

I can only open A Perfect Circle, apparently the other two are blocked in my country :?
The vocals somehow sent chills down my spine. That's a new experience...
^.^ If you can try, the other songs were Chevelle - The Red and Alice in Chains - Nutshell. Fantastic stuff.

A Perfect Circle was an offshoot done by the lead vocalist of Tool, which is why it's so amazing as well.
Alex

Post by Alex »

Retinq wrote:Warning! music spam ahead!

Helloween
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjV8SHjHvHk
Hey, this is great. I've only recently started listening to Helloween. My favorite by them so far is Dr. Stein. I'd look more into them, but I'm busy listening to Rainbow.

Of course I knew all of the Iron Maiden songs you linked to. And the rest... well, I haven't listened to it yet. TBH those bands are mostly unfamiliar to me.
Richarson Valley
Edward S4 P8 E6 C8 I9 A3 L5
Shanks S7 P5 E6 C7 I4 A6 L7

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

My response to listening to the Electric Light Orchestra albums I bought:

"Oh, they wrote that song?"

Seriously, they wrote freaking everything that I didn't know who wrote it. They're the most unnotable notable band ever. That's why they've been on the charts so much without ever topping them. They're the Luigi of rock 'n' roll!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

You know, I've been using this thread as a sort of recommendation for new songs, and I'm definitely loving what I've listened so far! It's a break from all the Nightcore and Japanese songs that I usually listen to.

BTW, anyone here listens to tracks from Lapfox Trax?

Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

kurowolfe wrote:
BTW, anyone here listens to tracks from Lapfox Trax?
Sometimes, yes. If they occur when I have shuffle on, I do.
Kitela

Post by Kitela »

Very good song by Jethro Tull.
Cold Wind to Valhalla

Also, Blue Oyster Cult
Astronomy
Then Came the Last Days of May
Workshop of Telescopes
The Red and the Black
(Dont' Fear)the Reaper
Those are just 5 good hits by them.
thrasherblades

Post by thrasherblades »

I don't know if any of you are into any technical/Progressive Metal/Deathcore, but a friend intro-ed this band to me and I was sold instantly.

Born Of Osiris - Recreate

Born Of Osiris - Follow the Signs

\m/ \m/
HP Universe's Furry Guitarist LEHUSKEH. I offer lessons exclusively on Skype. PM if interested ;)