Cartoons/Comics/Anime/Manga/Whatever!

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

DDeer

Re: Cartoons/Comics/Anime/Manga/Whatever!

Post by DDeer »

NHWestoN wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:30 am Oh, I really didn't get into "trouble", Daunted, nothing that matters anyhow. I appreciate what the "Mods" do, especially given that some of our compatriots can be - Oh, let's just say - belligerent, bullheaded, obsessive, and sometimes cruel. There are a few times I've gotten reprimanded for such meinselbst - usually because of harping on certain characters I really don't like or a strip that disturbs me (a very rare occurrence!). Not a big deal.

I also really like Pina. I found him refreshing and provocative. I had kinda hoped his relationship with Legosi would deepen after they bonded over their confrontation with Riz at the infirmary. Not necessarily as a "ship" (although Legoshi having a fling with Pina could have another chapter in our wolf's growth process), but as a deepening of the apparent attraction we've already seen. However, that probably won't happen as the narrative has left Cherryton (stupid name) and I don't think the artist likes Pina much anymore. Sigh.

Sorta like Rick and Daisy, I guess.
That's o.k. then, yeah, glad the mods do a good job on the forum, I had to look up meinselbst. Maybe Pina will pop up in the authors next work ( I live in hope). I miss Daisy (no pun intended :) )

Daunted
Disproportionately Dappled
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

The narrative does occasionally have its disconnects. For example, when Legoshi is bemoaning his inability to get into Riz's head, Pina suddenly becomes distressed that Legoshi might eat him in order to better understand the "cannibal" Ursine. Now it's not just that Legosi has shown absolutely no inclination to eat Pina, whom he has pledged to protect, but it wasn't that far back that Pina had rather aggressively offered himself to the virginal wolf for his culinary (or carnal) enjoyment.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

That might be an example of the writers getting brief amnesia and forgetting about that.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:07 pm That might be an example of the writers getting brief amnesia and forgetting about that.
Oh, I'm not complaining too harshly. Just some off-note kvetching.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think all bodies of work have a few instances where the writers of it end up getting amnesia and forgetting something that they already established.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Still watchin' The Simpsons ... another one of life's little pleasures (of which there seem to be fewer and fewer of late).
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Tell me what season are they on? Season 81? :P
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, I'd heard it was one of President Eisenhower's favorite shows. ;)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Anybody out there seen Disney's Wish?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I haven't seen it but what I have heard was that it wasn't really well-liked and people say that it was missing some of the Disney magic. I have never seen it so I can't really make a judgement on it.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Anybody here a fan of Danger Mouse? That's reaching back into the catacombs, I realize.
mycomics007

Post by mycomics007 »

Recently I read debut or die Novel at light novel update and this is my favourite light novel.