Worst Movie Ever

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Anthroguy101

Transformers

Post by Anthroguy101 »

I hope they don't screw up the third, but from what I hear it's not looking good.
Sleet wrote:You paid for another X Movie, you don't get your money back; you've been very much warned.
If I had went to any X Movie I'd probably be in jail right now.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Wost Movie Ever

Post by Sleet »

machchunk wrote:
Sleet wrote:The Happening
My parents saw this movie in theaters and were more amused than scared. MUCH more amused.
Same here. By the end most of the theater, me and my friends included, was verbally mocking the movie.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
The Game

Re: Worst Movie Ever

Post by The Game »

My parents said 'Date Night' sucked.....with a passion.
yoyodude

Post by yoyodude »

The Langoliers

that is all
Sketcherofstuff

Post by Sketcherofstuff »

My friend told me about the langolers after he saw it on TV. He said it was 4 hours about a deserted airport that gets eaten by coco puffs and it ends with a freeze frame of a nerdy little boy jumping in the air and going "YEAH!"
Daniel Plainview- I DRINK YOUR MILSHAKE!
Sinder wrote: Max can't snort catnip off Grape's chest? :(
Here Comes The Fuzz
Liam

Post by Liam »

Sketcherofstuff wrote:He said it was 4 hours about a deserted airport that gets eaten by coco puffs and it ends with a freeze frame of a nerdy little boy jumping in the air and going "YEAH!"
That is about accurate.

It further confirms that adaptations of crap novels turn out to be crap themselves, e.g. Twilight and Eragon.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Sketcherofstuff

Exactly!

The book Eragon was really too long and the characters too... well, flat for it to be engaging and the movie just plain sucked.
Here Comes The Fuzz
D-Singer

Post by D-Singer »

The Game wrote:We have a topic for best movie, what about the worst ones?

In my opinion, worst movie I've seen in a while is Terminator Salvation.

Think whatever YOU want, salvation was awesome. I’ll still admit that T3 ‘Rise of The Machines’ sucked egg.

The movie that I most severely regret paying for was ‘Avatar’.
Richardson Valley RP: Blood
Edge City RP: Zaya & Cruiser
devils

Post by devils »

D-Singer wrote: The movie that I most severely regret paying for was ‘Avatar’.
finally someone else who hated Avatar!
Cinder:S:5 P:6 E:3 C:5 I:8 A:7 L:2
Anthroguy101

Post by Anthroguy101 »

devils wrote:
What?! I loved Avatar. Special effects were top-notch and I find the storyline interesting.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Well you can't please everyone. I liked it.
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

Another movie i found awful was planet of the apes. Ugh...
devils

Post by devils »

Anthroguy101 wrote:
devils wrote:
What?! I loved Avatar. Special effects were top-notch and I find the storyline interesting.
i will admit that the effects were amazing, but the story was predictable and boring
Cinder:S:5 P:6 E:3 C:5 I:8 A:7 L:2
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

devils wrote:
Finally? What? Tons of people hated Avatar.

But I think most of them, possibly including you, are being unfair to it. If it weren't hyped as such a masterpiece, there would be nowhere near the animosity people have towards it. It's beautiful and dumb, like a supermodel. If that's all it tried to be, then almost everyone would have liked it. But considering how it was hyped, the backlash was huge.

My personal opinion? I enjoyed seeing it in theaters (in 3D) and do not regret spending the money it cost. It was quite possibly the most gorgeous movie I have ever seen, and the action was great. I only wish I had seen it in French or something; the story was trite, most of the characters, even the "good" ones, I wanted to see die (and incidentally the two I didn't want to managed to die anyway), and the messages were completely shameless and/or insulting. Not to mention how disgustingly indulgent all the writing was. Hearing what the characters had to say in a language I understood only served to make the movie worse for me.

Most viewers let movies get away with being mindless fun, but I think James Cameron's pretension ruined the possibility of that for the more skeptical viewers.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Typhon
Location: In my house. Reading housepets. And organic chemistry.

Post by Typhon »

In avatar i wanted the humans to win and the weird blue cat people to..well lose?
ChewyChewy

Post by ChewyChewy »

Typhon wrote:In avatar i wanted the humans to win and the weird blue cat people to..well lose?
I wanted the humans to lose, and the Navi to...just be more moving, I guess.

I didn't want the Navi to win, I wanted the humans to lose. The humans were more emotionally present.

I don't plan to ever see the movie again but I don't think it's the worst movie ever (I've seen my share of bad movies).
PF chars

"We have to do this take again! HAL, do it with a LOT less emotion!"
"I'm sorry Stan, I'm afraid I can't do that."
--Phoenix

pair-o-dimes dot blogspot dot com
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Liam wrote:
Sketcherofstuff wrote:He said it was 4 hours about a deserted airport that gets eaten by coco puffs and it ends with a freeze frame of a nerdy little boy jumping in the air and going "YEAH!"
That is about accurate.

It further confirms that adaptations of crap novels turn out to be crap themselves, e.g. Twilight and Eragon.
Hey, now... The Langoliers was so bad, it was hilariously awesome. I always thought they were more like meatballs than cocoa puffs myself, but that's beside the point. ... Point being that if you can say you're watching a movie about a psychic blind girl, a crazy businessman with daddy issues, and evil flying meatballs in a parallel dimension where time is frozen, you probably weren't watching it for it's amazing story in the first place.
RG; Seb & Dahlia
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Typhon wrote:In avatar i wanted the humans to win and the weird blue cat people to..well lose?
For all we know, that material "Unobtainium" (seriously, Ironite has nothing on this word, they might as well called it, <youcantgetthismatrial>)
is needed to keep planet earth from blowing up, but, being the redneck stereotype type villains that they are it's about "money"
What do they make with it that makes this so darn expensive and needed?

this movie try's to pull every trick in the book to make me <hate> the humans, hence I hated the Na'vi and was hoping they would loose.
"Why would you ever want to connect the dots?"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Unobtainium is used as a fuel I think. Which kind of brings the forced parallel/political strawman thing even further. But no more on that...

I thought the Na'Vi were complete jerks too. The movie tried to make them out as some perfect race, but they were just as bad as the humans.
Liam

Post by Liam »

My summary after watching it was "Pretty, but dumb". The visuals were overwhelming, the story on the other hand was utterly simplistic and kind of cliched, since it's essentially "Space Marine saves Alien Princess and her people".

The thing with the Unobtainium was one of the better thought out things. Earth in Avatar is your common dystopia: overcrowded and thus depleted of ressources. The Unobtainium is a room-temperature superconductor (what explains why there are mountains floating in Pandora's magnetic field), making it probably one of the most valuable materials in the setting. According to official sources Earth's in a major energy crisis and it can be used to build powerful fusion reactors. Its name is a Lampshade Hanging on the sci-fi term for materials with fantastic properties which are unobtainable in reality.

And there's the problem: The film downplayed the aspect that the Humans are working for their continued survival. Instead they portray mostly the evils of corporate economy that destroys the nature of another planet out of greed, not survival instinct and robs Native Americans South American jungle dwellers Na'vi off their land. Making it more anvilicious is hardly imaginable.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Liam wrote:My summary after watching it was "Pretty, but dumb". The visuals were overwhelming, the story on the other hand was utterly simplistic and kind of cliched, since it's essentially "Space Marine saves Alien Princess and her people".

The thing with the Unobtainium was one of the better thought out things. Earth in Avatar is your common dystopia: overcrowded and thus depleted of ressources. The Unobtainium is a room-temperature superconductor (what explains why there are mountains floating in Pandora's magnetic field), making it probably one of the most valuable materials in the setting. According to official sources Earth's in a major energy crisis and it can be used to build powerful fusion reactors. Its name is a Lampshade Hanging on the sci-fi term for materials with fantastic properties which are unobtainable in reality.

And there's the problem: The film downplayed the aspect that the Humans are working for their continued survival. Instead they portray mostly the evils of corporate economy that destroys the nature of another planet out of greed, not survival instinct and robs Native Americans South American jungle dwellers Na'vi off their land. Making it more anvilicious is hardly imaginable.

thanks for explaining that, that was a major plot point for me missing.
I would also think there would be a little less sympathetic for the smurfs if they din't look like this

but instead something like:

ye.. then all the sudden the command is "nuke it from orbit" is a good idea.

Man: I love you Na'vi girl
Na'vi girl: "uuuggghlllaaGGsss"
Sketcherofstuff

devils wrote:
thirded. You are not alone. I too thought that Avatar was over rated. Infact, aside from his first venture "Pirhana 2: the spawning" this may have been James Cameran's least engaging film.

"But 3-d makes EVERYTHING AWSOME!!!" is the response I often get.

I could just strangle the people who say that. Some people only liked this movie for the 3-d, which in my opinion is NOT SUCH A BIG DEAL.

I mean, It was a good movie, better than some others that came out that year, but it just wasn't as good as people made it out to be. I may have liked it more had there not been so much hype surrounding it.
Here Comes The Fuzz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Kyderra wrote:I would also think there would be a little less sympathetic for the smurfs if they din't look like this
I didn't see them as "beautiful" at all; I thought they were fairly creepy. Not Xenomorph creepy, but still. I've heard a lot of talk calling them furry bait and whatnot, but they didn't even appeal to me as a furry. They were just in the uncanny valley to me. Not to mention how James Cameron intentionally wanted the females to be sexualized.
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

sooooo.. i heard that Avatar The Last Airbender has managed to beat Twilight in being a bad movie.
... yes.. thats right, people are saying it's worse then Twilight
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/last_airbender/

let me repeat that, most revieuws say... Avatar last airbender... is worse.. then TWILIGHT

i have not seen it, but i was so looking forward to this, how can it be that bad?
Shinmera

Post by Shinmera »

nothing is as bad as twilight.
NOTHING
Tymoon.eu A new webcomic every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Just like HP!
Shinmera@deviantART | Shinmera@FurAffinity
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Is Twilight that bad a movie? It didn't give me the empty feeling like I got at the end of Dragon Ball revolution. As I've said, I've never disliked a movie, but I don't think Twilight is that bad. It's nothing brilliant, but it's notTHAT bad. It tells a half decent story rather well, and it portrays the battle scene...okay. Nothing special. The bit after the battle scene (where Edward gets the poison out of Bella) was portrayed really well. It felt simliar to the end of Call of Duty 6 (which is still one of my fav' game endings) in the way as you feel great pain, the screen starts going red. I like how there was a blackout, and it went very silent as well.

There are many movies worse then twilight. It's just the small things like shiny vampires that put people off.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Kyderra wrote:i have not seen it, but i was so looking forward to this, how can it be that bad?
Well, the Twilight films didn't got a last minute conversion to completely flat 3-D, transcending the already CG overload into one giant, distracting blur, or?

A brief rundown:

* Most of the first season's plot is present, yet everything appears to happen arbitrarily and muddled, mainly because of the many scenes in which characters rattle off exposition with a level of dissociation like they overdosed their Ketamine.

* They all say Ong. Ong.

* Shamwow recast the main characters as Caucasians because he clearly couldn't find any Asians who could play that lifeless or someone who could better convince you to stand in front of a greenscreen than Ong, even if his scene was shot on location.

* When Ong and the others are taken prisoner and locked up with a bunch of Earth-benders in a big dirt enclosure, he looks at them and shouts, "EARTH BENDERS! THERE IS DIRT UNDER YOUR FEET! THERE'S DIRT ALL AROUND YOU! WHY DON'T YOU FIGHT?" Everybody's like, "Whoa." How did they miss that?

* Katara says at one point, I kid you not, "We need to show them that we believe in our beliefs as much as they believe in their beliefs."

* Yue: Image

* Endless confusing voice-over, in which tons of important story developments happen off-camera while you're shown a picture of a tree or a CG mountain.
CoffeeJunkie

Post by CoffeeJunkie »

Ok, first the only reason I hate Avatar is because it is just "Pocahontas" set to aliens, second Twilight was a decent film (I hated it) so you cant say it was worst because you dont like it, third AtLA is only bad because most of the important stuff in the series had to be cut because of time constraints (But I will see the 2nd just because of Toph and Azula), and fourth the one movie I will never watch completely through is "The Hangover"

Darn you Liam for ninja-ing me
24 - Number of times my name has brought upon the saying "I like coffee!"
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

"We need to show them that we believe in our beliefs as much as they believe in their beliefs."
quote of the year, lol.
EchoFireant

Post by EchoFireant »

twilite (refuse to spell it properly)
avata <--story sucked so bad. Nice effects though.

Pet Friendly, Marshall : S-7 P-7 E-7 C-4 I-5 A-7 L-5
Pet Friendly, Natalia : S-4 P-7 E-5 C-9 I-7 A-5 L-5
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

I will say it again, Naked space.
Watch this if you don't believe me.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Kyderra

Post by Kyderra »

Tobee wrote:I will say it again, Naked space.
Watch this if you don't believe me.
how is a space comedy with Lesley Nielson bad?
I tough that video was funny
CoffeeJunkie

Post by CoffeeJunkie »

I liked it too, the movie is a stupid comedy so I like it... I also like all the "<Insert Word> Movie" Movies...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Even Disaster Movie? I don't believe it.
CoffeeJunkie

Post by CoffeeJunkie »

I enjoy the fact that they blatantly show how bad a movie is if you have no budget, with alot of cameos thrown in
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Balderdash. Poppycock. Movies don't need budget to be good. Twenty. Million. Dollars went into that pile of trash. Paranormal Activity, a fantastic movie, cost only 15,000 dollars. So for those keeping score at home, Paranormal Activity was to Disaster Movie as Disaster Movie would be to over eleven Avatars. That's right, Disaster Movie cost over 1300 times as much money as something as good as Paranormal Investigation.
Esquire Fox

Post by Esquire Fox »

They're eating her...
and then they're going to eat me!
Oh my GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!
- Esquire Fox

What do you mean that's not what the signature is for?
Vadiant

Post by Vadiant »

Esquire Fox wrote:They're eating her...
and then they're going to eat me!
Oh my GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!!!
... Anybody else notice the fly stuck to his forehead for the last half of the video?
RG; Seb & Dahlia
CoffeeJunkie

Post by CoffeeJunkie »

Ha I knew the reference before I clicked the link.

Anyways, Sleet, I didnt mean all low budget films were bad I just was saying how they made it
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

You mean by hiring the two worst writers from the Scary Movie team to be head writers for a movie that is nothing but shallow parodies of movies, many of which aren't out yet or even of the disaster genre? :3