Moderator: ArcWolf

Nathan Kerbonaut

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

Dogglar wrote:
Thu Aug 06, 2020 10:57 pm
I play ED but I don't have Horizons so I can't land :cry:
o7 CMDR
Horizons is 100% worth it IMO. It unlocks so much stuff it's practically a whole new game. But if you have your reasons for not getting it I respect that.

Dogglar

Post by Dogglar »

Well it's largely because I don't have money xd
B.E.A.R. PMC

JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

Anybody interested in the few "Next Gen" games announced? Outside of Spider-man, I am pretty interested in the game "Hood".

Nathan Kerbonaut

I'm trying out the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. There's a deal that lets me get it via Microsoft Game Pass for $1 for the first month. Massive 100 GB+ download tho, and I gotta clear a ton of disk space, so remind me to come back with my review later :?

SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:51 am
I'm trying out the new Microsoft Flight Simulator. There's a deal that lets me get it via Microsoft Game Pass for $1 for the first month. Massive 100 GB+ download tho, and I gotta clear a ton of disk space, so remind me to come back with my review later :?
Still probably not as large as Red Dead Redemption 2 and Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019, the later of which is close to 200gb IF you have everything installed (I only have the multiplayer and Warzone installed so, thankfully, it's under 150gb).
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City

Nathan Kerbonaut

SeanWolf wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:01 am
Still probably not as large as Red Dead Redemption 2 and Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2019, the later of which is close to 200gb IF you have everything installed (I only have the multiplayer and Warzone installed so, thankfully, it's under 150gb).
Yikes, I didn't know it'd gotten that bad these days :shock: Idk how devs expect us to keep up with these download sizes. Part of me worries it's part of the shift to cloud-based gaming like Stadia, which I'm not thrilled about. Games may get so big in the near future that we'll have no choice but to stream them.

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:44 am
SeanWolf wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:01 am
Yikes, I didn't know it'd gotten that bad these days :shock: Idk how devs expect us to keep up with these download sizes. Part of me worries it's part of the shift to cloud-based gaming like Stadia, which I'm not thrilled about. Games may get so big in the near future we have no choice but to stream them.
I mean I can sorta understand why RDR2 is so large but Call of Duty? Yeah, pushing 200gb isn't cool (even the updates are large, although that seems to be an issue on Xbox's part for some weird reason). Heck, Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 sans any DLC is a little over 90gb.

Nathan Kerbonaut

SeanWolf wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:46 am
I mean I can sorta understand why RDR2 is so large but Call of Duty? Yeah, pushing 200gb isn't cool (even the updates are large, although that seems to be an issue on Xbox's part for some weird reason). Heck, Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 sans any DLC is a little over 90gb.
I guess optimization is a lost art :cry:

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Nathan Kerbonaut wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:51 am
SeanWolf wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:46 am
I guess optimization is a lost art :cry:
True. Then again, Doom Eternal, for how goregous and how much content is in it, managed to pull it off by only being 45gb, so there are companies out there who understand that not everyone wants to download a 100gb+ title.

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

The Stadia came too soon. The internet required for it to work doesn’t exist in every place. I get laggy playing MK with our best (limited) internet, and absolutely can’t play anything else on our slower (unlimited) option.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.

Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Yeah I can see that.
Bet the developers and idea folks in places like google can get a little bit myopic about the sorts of technology that's at their disposal. Theirs is always the best out there, so they might fail to realize there are still lots of people who don't have anything close. And even in places like the states, there may be some who can't get that kind of connection, what with things like the ISP monopolies you Americans get in some areas.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

D-Rock wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 1:46 pm
The Stadia came too soon. The internet required for it to work doesn’t exist in every place. I get laggy playing MK with our best (limited) internet, and absolutely can’t play anything else on our slower (unlimited) option.
Hasn't it been tried several times in the past by different companies, with a great deal of failure in the process? Maybe they thought the time was now.

I would agree they're probably wrong.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Anyone here playing among us? It’s only five bucks on steam and it’s pretty good for the price.
I am so tired of the people I look up to turning out to be jerks.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?

JayBarker

Post by JayBarker »

I think Among us is also free on Mobile and its cross play yeah? Granted, its a worse experience I'm told, but its at least a good demo into the game.

The Blue Fox

Post by The Blue Fox »

OMG I came here kinda thinking to ask if anyone here was having fun with Among Us too. I got the mobile version and you can also get it free on a thing called Bluestacks that emulates mobile games on your PC, it's great if you don't mind ads after every round.

I also play Team Fortress 2 a lot. Something about that game just keeps it fun for me even when playing the same maps over and over again.
Screw The Rules, I'm A Blue Fox
Deviantart

Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

SO MINECRAFT STEVE IS IN SMASH NOW. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=90Jve_qWnpc AND HE BROKE TWITTER.
I am so tired of the people I look up to turning out to be jerks.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?