Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

GameCobra

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by GameCobra »

Hmmm... Father's day is coming up soon.

My stepdad has no idea about the Wii game downloads.

He loves Zelda, but never talked about playing it until now...

*goes and buys Zelda 1,2, and OoT*

:D

Only thing that sucks is we already have Zelda, but the Wii version is the only version I'm sure he would play. He hates the GameCube controller.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

GC controller is surprisingly easy to use.
Also if you bought the Collectors Edition disc for GC you get zelda 1, 2, OoT and Majoras mask all in one. :P
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Messing around in Kirby Super Star Ultra
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sleet wrote:
Lucid_Dragon wrote:3 day weekend was great; actually had time to play a bit. Just cleared Shy Guy's Toybox and Lavalava Island, as well as defeated the Giant Blooper and Kent C. Koopa in Paper Mario. Going to try for Flower Fields and some sidequests tonight. Not sure where I'll go, gamewise, after finishing Paper Mario...probably Mario Kart, now that I think about it. ^^;

Also, E3 is coming! Who here's going to be watching it?
Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door. If you're not a stupid idiot and you like Paper Mario (but I repeat myself), you'll also like the sequel. It's almost as good.
I've played through Paper Mario and watched The Thousand Year Door on Youtube. I think The Thousand Year Door looks like a better game personally. They took everything that made the first one good, and they expanded upon it and made it better. Plus you see new villains that, as far as I know, were not in any games before or after that one.

Of course that's just my opinion and the fact that both games are liked show they are very good.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

They reduced the badge system a bit, and I don't like the reworking of how partners worked. Plus the environments weren't quite as cheery, which is a purely subjective thing. And chapter 2 is kind of weak, whereas the first game has no weak chapters.

The writing is smarter, though. That's a big plus.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Grade Farming in Tales of Hearts R
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Kyuunado wrote:GC controller is surprisingly easy to use.
Also if you bought the Collectors Edition disc for GC you get zelda 1, 2, OoT and Majoras mask all in one. :P
I know, and that's what saddens me. At least I played the GC version to death. :(

But hey, I like seeing him play Zelda. I might as well get him them for Father's day in their pristine NES/N64 glory.
JeffCvt

Post by JeffCvt »

Sleet wrote:The writing is smarter, though. That's a big plus.
Maybe that's why I like it. I'm always a sucker for a well written game even though I'm not a gamer. And I liked the darker tone of it. It worked very well at establishing it as a sequel that actually had effort put into it to make a new game and not just reskin the original with better graphics or something.

Opinion though, like you said. I loved the original and would recommend it to anyone.
Jeff "Clavy" Civit
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Playing Sonic Heroes on the PS2. It's a good game, even though it's a bit laggy at times. The gameplay is pretty solid, but sometimes the stages can get a little too merciless. The voice acting could use some work too. Overall, I like it.

Also, I'm planning to get another PS2 game. Should I go for Shining Force EXA, Dark Cloud or Star Ocean: Till the End of Time?
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Just beat Leafgreen again. In your face Gary Oak! :lol:
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Messing around in Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Beat Tales of Symphonia when I was eleven. Currently trying to beat Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Completing the Metroid Prime series now, stating with the third, then the first, then the second, because of the variation in difficulty between the three. :P
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

I have yet to beat Final Fantasies XII and XIII. It infuriates me when I find a game I like and have difficulty beating it with in a reasonable amount of time or when I get stuck in one place and can't continue. :x
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I couldn't finish FFXII. The battle system is so rotten and the characters are so boring. I wanted to, though. They did a lot right, so it's sad how much was done wrong. I really recommend getting to the second half of FFXIII if you're frustrated. It gets a lot less linear.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Killing bosses left and right in Tales of Symphonia. Also finishing up Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc.
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Sleet wrote:I couldn't finish FFXII. The battle system is so rotten and the characters are so boring. I wanted to, though. They did a lot right, so it's sad how much was done wrong. I really recommend getting to the second half of FFXIII if you're frustrated. It gets a lot less linear.
I really liked FFXII. It's just super long. FFXIII was so long that it needed a part 2 :?: I also now realized that I still haven't beaten FFVIII. I got all the way to the beginning of the fourth disc, but not any further. :(

Megamaster wrote:Killing bosses left and right in Tales of Symphonia.
Its funny. My sisters started playing it 3 months before me; I beat it in 2 months. :)
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Final Fantasy huh? I'll be honest, I haven't really played a lot of the main games, except for XII and III on the DS. XII was fun for me, with the rather odd casting system, but I've only played past the Rabanastre city place? I was away from my PS2 for most of the time.

I tried playing III for the DS, and so far... well, it's rather bland actually. I dunno why.

The side games though, I played a lot. Final Fantasy Tactics is the best game I've ever played. The Advance and A2 versions were okay, but rather tedious with the laws and whatnot. Chocobo Racing was fun, and so was Chocobo Dungeon. I never got far in it though. Chocobo Tales was an alright mini-game extravaganza, but I love the simplistic card game! And you all know how I feel about Four Warriors of Light: blegh.

So, opinion time. Assume that I'm a total noob when it comes to main series FF games (of which I am), which game would you say is the best one? I'm very interested in how divided the fans are when talking about their favourite and dislikes, ESPECIALLY FFVII and FFXIII.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

kurowolfe wrote:Final Fantasy huh? I'll be honest, I haven't really played a lot of the main games, except for XII and III on the DS. XII was fun for me, with the rather odd casting system, but I've only played past the Rabanastre city place? I was away from my PS2 for most of the time.

I tried playing III for the DS, and so far... well, it's rather bland actually. I dunno why.

The side games though, I played a lot. Final Fantasy Tactics is the best game I've ever played. The Advance and A2 versions were okay, but rather tedious with the laws and whatnot. Chocobo Racing was fun, and so was Chocobo Dungeon. I never got far in it though. Chocobo Tales was an alright mini-game extravaganza, but I love the simplistic card game! And you all know how I feel about Four Warriors of Light: blegh.

So, opinion time. Assume that I'm a total noob when it comes to main series FF games (of which I am), which game would you say is the best one? I'm very interested in how divided the fans are when talking about their favourite and dislikes, ESPECIALLY FFVII and FFXIII.
My absolute favorite is FFVIII. :) I like FFVII on. Tried to play the first two, couldn't get into them. :| Side game I would love to have is Dissdedia. FFVIII is, I would say, the best one to start with. ;) Now that I think about it, I don't think there was a FFIX. :?

I can't for the next Kingdom Hearts to come out. Although, I would have to get 2.5 Remix first.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

I'd have to say that Final Fantasy XIII was my favorite. Although, Final Fantasy VI was also a really close second. Then there's Final Fantasy VII, which is, for me, at the same level as VI. I've played I, II, IV, V and VII, but I have yet to finish them. I've also started playing Final Fantasy XII. Surprisingly, it's not as bad as I thought. You know, once you get past some of the horrible characters (*cough*Vaan*cough*), it's a pretty good game. I also loved Dissidia and Dissidia: Duodecim. I'm planning to play Theatrythm and Theatrythm: Curtain Call when I have the chance, but I don't have a 3DS...
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Skyward sword, anyone?

Did you find out who was in the washroom at night?
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Kaepora Gaebora is in there, there is an entrance on the roof that lets you reach Zeldasl room and you pass by the washroom on the way. :lol:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

That was the funniest thing in a videogame I have ever seen! xD

Also, in Ocarina of Time. On Link's tree, there's a carving of a boy fighting a monster that looks really close to Demise in his monster form!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

Sorry, it's been a while since I've been able to post...job got crazy busy all of a sudden ^^;
Sleet wrote:Paper Mario: the Thousand Year Door. If you're not a stupid idiot and you like Paper Mario (but I repeat myself), you'll also like the sequel. It's almost as good.
I do love me some TTYD...I probably will get into that. I got slightly sidetracked by Mario Kart 8, but now that I am on the cusp of finishing Paper Mario (just got the last star spirit), I think I'll see if I can do another TTYD-playthrough...maybe I'll try one of those "Partner-only" runs and see how far I get. ^^;
MrNeonShot wrote:Also, in Ocarina of Time. On Link's tree, there's a carving of a boy fighting a monster that looks really close to Demise in his monster form!
*looks*

Holy cow, you're right. XD Wonder if they did that on purpose.

Also, I just saw a new indie game coming out that looks nothing short of amazing: Shiness! It looks like a clever mix of Zelda, Solatorobo, and Jade Empire...and I'm digging the concept so far. :)
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

On the road to completion in Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc. 77% complete.
Probably gonna New Game + on Tales Hearts R cause it's so good. Also need to finish Symphonia HD, Vesperia PS3, and Dawn of the New World HD.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Im near the end of Metroid Prime 3: corruption, its a surprisingly short game to be honest, but Prime is much longer as far as I know. :D
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Also 100%ing Kirby Squeak Squad
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Barrels :evil:
gamepopper

Post by gamepopper »

I've been mainly playing random indie games, I finished South Park the Stick of Truth a while ago. Currently the main game I'm playing is Mario & Luigi Dream Team Bros, which I hope to finish soon as I'm really far in. I've already found my favourite non-battle track in the game! :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUmmCDyB0EI
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Crackdown! Like GTA, but you play as the police! One of my favorite games to play.

Play keys to the city mode, get a rocket launcher, and barricade the road with barrels. If a car tries to pass the barrels, BLOW IT UP!
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Oh cool a video game thread!
The other day I pre-ordered the new smash bros game. Also been playing Asassins Creed 4. and beginning to feel that yearly releases is a bad idea for this series.
MrNeonShot wrote:Crackdown! Like GTA, but you play as the police! One of my favorite games to play.

Play keys to the city mode, get a rocket launcher, and barricade the road with barrels. If a car tries to pass the barrels, BLOW IT UP!
This reminds me, there is another battlefield game (or its a new map) that will be intercity somewhere and will be swat versus Robbers. or something like that.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Doing the bonus dungeon in Tales of Innocence R. Apparently, I could access it without another playthrough.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

All of this Paper Mario talk got me realizing: I have a $20 Wii card. *buys Ogre Battle 64 and Paper Mario*
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Has anyone seen the new Mega Evolutions for the Hoenn starters? Man, Mega Swampert is like Knuckles from Sonic Boom: buff upper body! Mega Sceptile.... Grass-Dragon.... with Lightning Rod. Huh

Also, they redesign both Brendan and May. Can't say I like the designs though, even with the swimmer-like style.

EDIT: By the way, I need to ask gamers from the States who are between 18-30 years old. Have you guys ever heard of a game called Lunar: Silver Star Story? It existed for the Playstation, Sega Saturn and Sega CD systems around the turn of the millenium, as well as a port for the PSP and GBA after 2003. I'm asking because it seems like not many people from the US knew about this game.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

kurowolfe wrote:Has anyone seen the new Mega Evolutions for the Hoenn starters? Man, Mega Swampert is like Knuckles from Sonic Boom: buff upper body! Mega Sceptile.... Grass-Dragon.... with Lightning Rod. Huh

Also, they redesign both Brendan and May. Can't say I like the designs though, even with the swimmer-like style.

EDIT: By the way, I need to ask gamers from the States who are between 18-30 years old. Have you guys ever heard of a game called Lunar: Silver Star Story? It existed for the Playstation, Sega Saturn and Sega CD systems around the turn of the millenium, as well as a port for the PSP and GBA after 2003. I'm asking because it seems like not many people from the US knew about this game.
Oh! Yeah I think I might have heard of it before. I remember seeing the name at least mentioned, if its for the PlayStation it might even be on the PSN store. I never played it myself though.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Oh yeah, the PSN. I forgot about that. Kinda sad when the latest console you have is a refurbished NDSL.
The game, I think, was great back in the Playstation, but oddly enough it's not spoken of much like FF7 is, that's why I'm asking.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Swampert is a little silly but the other two are cool!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Killing things with my Fire Sword ability in Kirby Squeak Squad.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I wish they'd bring back the elemental sword powers in the other Kirby games.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Dust: an Elysian Tail has awesome art, and its supposed to have a good story. But, when I tried looking for gameplay, the story was the stereotypical "hero lost his memory"* thing, with an all knowing guide with every answer except for anything about your past.

*I will point out Star wars the force unleashed (1 or 2), Twokinds, and a bunch more that I can't think of right now.