Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Amazee Dayzee

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hey if games that tie in to the release of specific movies can be released after all of this time then I have hope that eventually we will get a sequel to Super Mario RPG and see Geno and Mallow again.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

SANS IS A MII COSTUME IN SMASH. HE COMES WITH MEGALOVANIA. I DON’T KNOW HOW TO REACT TO THIS.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Haven't really had much exposure to Undertale so someone is gonna have to help me. Megalovania is the music he comes with right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

and of course it's the overused walking meme with the grating theme music instead of one of the actually INTERESTING characters.
why not, it's not like that game has more than one memorable character, a soundtrack with numerous much better tracks, oh, wait... IT DOES. :evil:
Last edited by Buster on Wed Sep 04, 2019 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I mean, I would rather have Sans as a costume than as an actual fighter. Udyne, Asgore, or Mettaton would make much better fighters.
Play The Hayseed Knight. This isn’t self promotion, I just really like the game.

You ever realize that the two longest pieces of literature in existence are both fanfics? Weird right?
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i'd rather dress my gunner up in green spandex and rubber petals than that waste of a character.
and unless they do another wave of bonus DLC fighters this is probably all that we'll get
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

I like the gun, at least. And of course they'd use the one character that the internet fawns over. I never got the Genocide ending of Undertale. Way too tedious. Maybe Fisk or Chara as a swordfighter skin could be cool.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

i like to end on a high note, so i always do the worst ending first. Kinda shot myself in the foot there. and he's much better as a heroic antagonist than as... whatever the heck the rest of the runs are supposed to be. i'd say comic relief but he's not actually funny, like ever, and there's no real tension to need a break from save for metaton's section and metaton himself does more than good enough of a job there to not need help.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I mean, if the story Sakura told during the stream (and Toby later confirmed on Twitter) about him inviting Toby over to his house to play Smash is true, I highly doubt this is the last bit of Undertale/Deltarune we’re getting in Smash. Personally, I just want new arrangements of Asgore and Death by Glamour.

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

If there's a lot of connection, I could see an Undertale character making it in the next SSB, even if not in SSBU.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

the 'next' SSB if there is one (The devs have tried to make the last three each the last one) won't be until the next console generation. you know how nintendo is.
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Sure this one will be the last one. I will believe it when I see it.

On another note, part of me wants a Paper Mario game like the first two that had partners in it.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

Been playing Adventures of Lolo/Egger Land lately. It's a great series of puzzlers and I highly recommend them if you have some time to kill solving unique shove puzzles.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Been playing a bit of Gears of War 5 with my brother. There's quite a bit of trial and error when it comes to certain challenges. What's neat is that there's much more incentive to explore different places than previous entries, this time better versions of weapons and components to improve your robot companion are hidden away.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

D-Rock wrote:Been playing a bit of Gears of War 5 with my brother. There's quite a bit of trial and error when it comes to certain challenges. What's neat is that there's much more incentive to explore different places than previous entries, this time better versions of weapons and components to improve your robot companion are hidden away.
Been seeing stuff about Gears 5, but I haven't played any of the previous games. Do you think it would be worth it to jump into the series with 5, or play a few of the previous games?

On a separate note, started playing rainbow six siege on my new pc.. turns out new and fancy hardware can't make up for a lack of skill. :/
Allons-y
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

While there is a "recap" movie in 5, definitely recommend the previous ones first.
furrygamer793

Post by furrygamer793 »

TheSilverFox51 wrote:On a separate note, started playing rainbow six siege on my new pc.. turns out new and fancy hardware can't make up for a lack of skill. :/
Honestly I think the original Rainbow Six is better, but it doesn't matter to me that much since I'm not much of a shooter fan in general. I prefer to stick with JRPGs with alien cat people.
Rp characters
Greetings, fellow sapient beings.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

My brother an I just finished Gears of war 5.

You know, for a game series that has an incredibly visceral and gore-filled style, it does NOT hold back on the emotion.
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Finally beat the special Raid Boss Fortnite put out for Halloween, the Storm King (aka, the final boss of the story mode no one cares about). It was one of the harder fights I’ve faced in a video game, mainly because whether or not you win is completely dependent on whether or not you’re teammates know what they’re doing. Still, after a few days, a few ragequits, and a whole lot of swearing, I finally, finally took him down this morning, while listening to some music that really made the fight sound as dramatic as it felt.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm sure that now you were able to finally beat this final boss who has given you so much problems you must have a weight lifted off of your shoulders.
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

The Power Rangers mobile game did another Street Fighter Ranger.
I'm cool with this.

Now if only they'd be added to the console game.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Buster wrote:the 'next' SSB if there is one (The devs have tried to make the last three each the last one) won't be until the next console generation. you know how nintendo is.
I don't see why they would stop making them. It's one of Nintendo's most popular series.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

D-Rock wrote:The Power Rangers mobile game did another Street Fighter Ranger.
Wait, since when is Chun Li a Power Ranger?!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Does anyone here play Wreckfest on PS4?
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
SeanWolf
Keeper of the Sacred Fics

Post by SeanWolf »

FoxyBoi wrote:Does anyone here play Wreckfest on PS4?
Been wanting to get the game on Xbox One (Don't own a PS4...though I want to get a PS3 for my brother as he's been wanting to play MGS4).
Host Of The Realm Of The Metal Wolf: Where Metal Is King
Creator of the ongoing fic - HousepetZ: Survivor Tails
Game Master of Apollo City
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

FoxyBoi wrote:
D-Rock wrote:The Power Rangers mobile game did another Street Fighter Ranger.
Wait, since when is Chun Li a Power Ranger?!
The mobile game, Power Rangers: Legacy Wars, had a crossover for a short time which let players unlock Street Fighter Characters. After a little while, Ryu was made into a Ranger. Fast forward a lot, now Chun Li is a ranger. I don't think the rest of the characters are available anymore, and no doubt the Chun Li Ranger will be limited time as well.

Ryu Ranger Trailer
Chun Li Ranger Trailer
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

I just finished replaying through Explorers of Sky again, and dang it, why is this game so good at making me feel things? That line your partner says at the end about how they’re getting further away from Temporal Tower and thus further away from where you died felt like I was being stabbed. I blame the music.

Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Yeah music in video games can do that to you. That is how you know they are effective. In order to immerse you into the game more, they make you want to have all sorts of feels.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

This stick will soon be bought alongside a digital copy of Ultra Street Fighter II.

I had a nintendo switch account until I lost the email accounts. Now I had to start over and start from scratch. At the very least, I learned that I can make Multi Button macros for PPSSPP for multi-button actions (No macros aside from punch/kick buttons pressed) such as throwing and starting a variable combo. All with my keyboard.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
CuriousCnidarian

Post by CuriousCnidarian »

I really enjoyed Assassin's Creed Origins when I played it a couple years ago, so I've been eyeing Odyssey for a while and now it's on sale. But I've also been feeling an itch to get back into ESO after viewing the last couple trailers. I don't have the money for both Odyssey and ESO+, so it'd be one or the other. What do?
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Been debating on what game I want to pick up on Xbox today. I was thinking about Carmageddon: Max Damage but I read the controls are a bit iffy so I might got with Stardew Valley...but I'm not sure if it's something I could get into (I played Graveyard Keeper, a game that's similar sort-of to it but, after the tutorial, I had no idea what to do afterwards). If anyone here played it...how's it?
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Stardew valley is one of my all-time favorite games. It is a widely praised game for a reason, its interesting and fun. While on the outside it appears to be a farming simulator, there's another level to the game. Mining, crafting, fishing, and socializing are some of the other activities available within the game. I believe it took me some time to get my farm to a place I wanted it. None of this is even mentioning the simple yet beautiful graphics and the wonderful musical score. I might be up selling the game too much, but I think it's definitely worth a play.
Allons-y
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

Everytime I think I’m done with Stardew Valley, it pulls me back in. It’s impossible to escape once you get hooked.

SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

So it's easy to get into and find stuff to do? The later was my biggest complaint with Graveyard Keeper (Disclaimer: I received Graveyard Keeper as a review key) as, after I was done with the tutorials, I had no clue what to do then.
TheSilverFox51

Post by TheSilverFox51 »

Yes, I found it pretty easy to get into. After the first few in-game days (during which I think your supposed to take care of crops and introduce yourself to the town) more activities begin to become accessible. Essentially, you do some basic stuff for the first few days and then some different things become available.
Allons-y
SeanWolf

Post by SeanWolf »

Well, I took a chance and bought it AND...MAN this is fun! Reminds me, personally, of Minecraft!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Should I tell the rescue personnel where you live for when you inevitably need to send for help? :lol:
Legotron123

Post by Legotron123 »

*drops a link to the wiki to help him plan ahead*

Dogglar

Post by Dogglar »

Tarkov's pretty nice, I'm just bad at it
B.E.A.R. PMC