Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Sleet »

I wasn't in the stress test, but I'll be in the open beta! I hope to play with some of y'all when it starts!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Unusuallynamedperson

Post by Unusuallynamedperson »

I was going to download the wolf quest, I tried the demo and for whatever reason it wouldn't operate on my laptop. Probably because it's 32 bits and not 64, either way, I'm going to try it on my desktop some time this week. If I really like it I may buy the full version, but that could be hard to do online.
If I hit someone with a dictionary is that physical, or verbal assault?
https://discord.gg/2Kwwv Housepets Discord link repaired!
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

So, who's excited for Mirror's Edge: Catalyst? I am. I am VERY excited for it.

Struggling hard to stay off the hype train, but it's not working too well.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

EDIT: wrong topic :x
Last edited by GameCobra on Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Unusuallynamedperson

Wanna trade work, you do mine I'll do yours? :P
exranio

Post by exranio »

I spent today practicing in Persona 4 Arena and BlazBlue continuum shift on PS3, so if anyone wants to play those they should hit me up.
Besides that I heard something about you having unlockable skills or something in the new Mirror's Edge. I'm not sure if thats true or not but one of my favorite things about that game was that you started with every ability.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
RedFoxWizard

Post by RedFoxWizard »

exranio wrote:I spent today practicing in Persona 4 Arena and BlazBlue continuum shift on PS3, so if anyone wants to play those they should hit me up.
Ooh, I have P4A, but I have BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend instead of the original. I have to admit I'm not the best at P4A, however. :)
Ice and fire magic? Does that result in a freezer-burn?
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

I don't have P4A but I do have P4AU! Been busy playing Bravely Second: End Layer and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest lately. Already beat Birthright and Revelation.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
RedFoxWizard

Post by RedFoxWizard »

Actually, I have P4AU as well! I haven't been playing it as much yet, but I just have to practice a bit. Also, just recently I got Hyrule Warriors and I'm basically loving it to death. I'm hoping to try out the co-op mode with my brother to see how it is soon.
exranio

Post by exranio »

I forgot to mention the U. I kinda assumed people would assume I meant P4AU.
I also meant to say Chrono Phantasma. I have both games either way.
Basically I said everything wrong.

Unrelated theres this really cool looking game Skylar and Plux and I think y'all should look into. I forget if I can link videos here or not so I won't.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
RedFoxWizard

Post by RedFoxWizard »

Don't worry about it. I have P4AU and Chrono Phantasma as well. :D
Recently I've been playing a bit of this game called Skysaga, which is basically described to me as a Minecraft MMO. It's pretty fun. It's currently going through some pre-alpha versions at the moment, and I think it's looking pretty good so far.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hey juys! My Battle.net name is Sleet#1932.

Yaknow in case you wanted to be my friend for Overwatch purposes.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

It was awesome playing with you, Sleet! :3

I played so many games of Overwatch right now I feel like it's time to slow down. I want to play with people so much now. Get a regular schedule going.

This sunday i start my new shift and i'll be off Sunday, Tuesday and Friday. If anyone's up for some Overwatch, feel free to post and i'll either invite or you can invite me :3

Loved all the characters, but no doubt my favourites are Torbjorn, Symmetra, Reaper, Junkrat, Soldier 76 and Zarya. I love McCree and Mercy's designs as well, but I play pretty much whatever class is needed.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

So I just finished Persona 3 Fes. Well, not completely, just The Journey. But dog oh dog, the last parts of the game was just all sorts of awesome.

The final battle was just intense against Nyx, though it was more tedious than difficult given she had 14 forms. The last one was really the only one who proved a challenge. Her Moonless Gown in particular is just annoying. I swear Ken died about 5 times cause of that alone. The cutscenes afterward were just as awesome. All the Social Links coming together and giving MC the strength he needs, as well as the rest of the team cheering him on was filled with so many feels.

The most tearjerking of all is when they all temporarily lost their memories. They finally regained them on Graduation Day and went off to have their reunion. Sadly, MC died before they really got to have their last time together.

With that outta the way, I can now do The Answer, which I've heard to be really difficult.

Other than Persona 3 Fes, and Robotrek, I haven't really been playing anything else. Anyone got any recommendations for PS2 games?
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Unusuallynamedperson

Jack and Daxter precursor, I played the game when it first came out all the way through and I still have the entire thing in okay condition. Obviously sly cooper. Resident evil, and battlefront two if you're a big starwars fan. That should hold you for a while ;)
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Pokemon Sun and Moon release confirmed November 18 this year. It's in the Alola region (almost blatantly based on Hawaii).

Starter: Rowlet the Grass/Flying owl, Litten the Fire kitten, and Popplio the Water clown seal pup.

Legendaries: A Sun Mech Lion and Princess Luna from MLP if she was a bat-dreamcatcher

And trainer customization is back!

Either protag male or the rival's name is Kukui (coo-coo-ee)

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

kurowolfe wrote:Pokemon Sun and Moon release confirmed November 18 this year. It's in the Alola region (almost blatantly based on Hawaii).

Starter: Rowlet the Grass/Flying owl, Litten the Fire kitten, and Popplio the Water clown seal pup.

Legendaries: A Sun Mech Lion and Princess Luna from MLP if she was a bat-dreamcatcher

And trainer customization is back!

Either protag male or the rival's name is Kukui (coo-coo-ee)
I'm #TeamPopplio.

Also, Kukui is the name of the older individual talking to the player. Kukui is a type of nut-tree, so he may or may be related to the professor.
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

the new starters haven't pulled me out of my fire starter affinity. but I'm gonna go with Sun
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

RandomGeekNamedBrent wrote:the new starters haven't pulled me out of my fire starter affinity. but I'm gonna go with Sun
That region was the most Hawaiian Hawaii to ever Hawaii.
I think I will go with moon although I'll wait for further information. The starters didn't exactly impress me but the water one is kind of adorable.
Hi Hi Pie
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Rowlett is the best. I'm picking that one!

The version I dunno yet. I rarely like mascot legendaries (they're too godlike and robotic to feel like Pokémon these days), and I don't use them anyway (they're good enough to drain any challenge from the game), so the other stuff will decide which I get!
ShadowLightning

I recently just got Resident Evil 4 and Monster Hunter on the PS2. Although I'm a little bummed out that the latter's servers were already been shut down for a long time now... Dang, and I was so excited in playing with other people. Oh well. Guess it's my fault for always being behind.

I'm also currently playing through Persona 3 FES's The Answer part. They weren't kidding when they said it was hard. A couple of things make it more challenging. Firstly, all of your characters' levels went back down to 20s-30s. Luckily, their Personas are still evolved, so that kinda makes it a bit better. Next, there are no Social Links on this portion, so leveling up Aigis's Personas are more difficult. But this is mitigated again in that the Personas need less exp to level up than before, though level grinding them is still tedious. The Shadows are also a bit stronger and are more varied, so you can't spam Ma-spells and AOA your way through all battles. But it's still cool. I love the added challenge the game throws at you.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Finally Overwatch is out for real! The weeks felt like months!

Anyone here play it and is not my friend on Battle.net (for PC)?
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

So I decided to start doing something I should have been doing a long time ago, and that is recording Speedruns. And now I have the world record for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie for the Sega Genesis in 24:19. I finally feel that this is a good enough time to share with you guys as I had broken the previous record about 2 or so weeks ago but the run wasn't very good IMO; I did that run to just basically beat the previous world record which was horrible. I then beat it again a week later but only beat my Personal Best by a second so I still wasn't satisfied with the run.

This run however I'm very happy with and I am basically done with this game until someone comes along and beats this time. This game has so much RNG in it its ridiculous, as a casual run it's fun but as a Speedrun it's infuriating. Check out the description on the video itself for more info on that I don't want to rehash it here. Time to move on to some other games.
ShadowLightning

Sooo I'm looking for PS2 games again. Something that has multiplayer/co-op where you can have two people play at the same time (no FPS games though <.<), like a beat/shoot 'em up or like a side-scrolling platformer.
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Am I the only one becoming crushed by the knowledge of my unending and total mediocrity?

I swear, everyone in the world who games as much as I do has got that ONE game. They've got that one game and they know everything about it and can do anything they want with it. They can beat you and everyone around you and probably everyone from the town next over as well at it.

I don't have a game like that. I used to, to a miniscule extent, but now I McFreakin blew that one too.

In FPS' I struggle to get above a 1 KD without resorting to stupid tactics that cheese the system. My averages are almost always below 1, and I'm lucky if I'm above .6. In RPGs I struggle to get a decent build and go toe to toe with even the average of bosses. In racers I can never seem to take QUITE as good a line as everyone else, and end up in the middle (Or if someone's frisky, dead last with no hope of resurgence). In fighters... well, out of the maybe twenty or so Smash matches I've done, I've survived (not won, survived) one. Even against AI, of middling levels. Heck, even the EASY AI gave me trouble.

I used to be *decent* at osu!mania. Rank 6000. Could beat pretty hard 4k songs. Now? Hah, I'm lucky if I can even READ the songs I 96'd, 97'd, even 90'd. I'm TERRIBLE now. Totally undeserving of rank 7600- maybe Rank 25000.

I'm good at nothing, and that bothers me. I know I could be enjoying the game a lot more if I was just better, but even after gaming all sorts of games for years and years and years and YEARS...

I still am good at nothing.

What is wrong with me?
If you want my number, it's #804080.
SergeiTheFox

Post by SergeiTheFox »

ShadowLightning wrote:Sooo I'm looking for PS2 games again. Something that has multiplayer/co-op where you can have two people play at the same time (no FPS games though <.<), like a beat/shoot 'em up or like a side-scrolling platformer.

I'd recommend the first and second Star Wars: Battlefront games. They are semi-open world shooters that allowed both first and third person POVs.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a PS2 classic that I still play weekly.
oh hey look more text

now it looks pretty

and slanted uwu

I check this profile like once a year or so, so if you need to reach me I'm on telegram @awootimestwo
Ridgestead

Post by Ridgestead »

ShadowLightning wrote:Sooo I'm looking for PS2 games again. Something that has multiplayer/co-op where you can have two people play at the same time (no FPS games though <.<), like a beat/shoot 'em up or like a side-scrolling platformer.
The X-Men Legends games are really fun on the PS2 and are pretty much made for co-op play. They're Action RPG Beat 'Em Ups where you get to assemble your own team of X-Men with a huge selection of characters.
FancyHat
Location: Somewhere in the Southern US...Would prefer Scotland.

Post by FancyHat »

I have just started Replaying the old "Jaws Unleashed" game for the PS2....And jaysus is it hard!
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

*For some reason gets back into playing Parasite Eve 2*
*forgot there was a Gunblade in this game and he didn't get it and is now obsessed in getting it*
:|
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Bethesda E3 Presentation:

More Fallout 4 content, Fallout Shelter coming to PC.
Elder Scrolls Legends, but WHO CARES?!
Some more Doom-y stuff
New Quake
Dishonored 2 gameplay, get to hear Corvo voiced by Stephen Russel! YES!!!
FREAKIN' Skyrim HD instead of Elder Scrolls 6, DARN IT BETHESDA! RGHHH *bites through napkin*
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

Playing War Thunder on PS4...Must get all the research for de Sherman anda the Tiger tanks!!
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Well, I finally go my hands on the WiiU version of Mighty No. 9 and so far I'm feeling kind of disappointed...
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I heard all sorts of bad things about that. :/ Sounds like it's a project that went wrong. I pray the same doesn't happen to Yooka-Laylee...

Also, I've never been as excited for a Zelda game as I am for Breath of the Wild. It just looks so fun.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

I can understand people being angry over quality, but I'm still annoyed that people are mad about the whole "anime fan" joke. Sheesh, it's a harmless joke.

And I concur, Breath of the Wild looks so awesome.
FancyHat

Post by FancyHat »

...I have just seen the new Mafia III Trailer....I have a feeling it is going to be fun to use ol' Tommy (as in the Gun)one last time.
"Crimes?" "Crimes."
Deske

Post by Deske »

SuperStar wrote:Bethesda E3 Presentation:

More Fallout 4 content, Fallout Shelter coming to PC.
Elder Scrolls Legends, but WHO CARES?!
Some more Doom-y stuff
New Quake
Dishonored 2 gameplay, get to hear Corvo voiced by Stephen Russel! YES!!!
FREAKIN' Skyrim HD instead of Elder Scrolls 6, DARN IT BETHESDA! RGHHH *bites through napkin*
Today I have learned that Skyrim is almost 5 years old now. Honestly, give it one big DLC and the HD update and it'll par up with today's generation of games in my opinion.
Looking forward to Dishonored 2. Might preorder it, which is not something I usually do.
To be honest, I didn't know DOOM or Quake were still really existent. I thought those two died out years ago because they were getting up there in years.
MoonyTheDwarf

Post by MoonyTheDwarf »

Forgotten beasts are gruesome and dangerous, one had a effect that caused instant necrosis of the heart... it broke my heart :P
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Soon, I might have enough extra savings to buy my second 3ds game. I'm thinking of getting either Animal Crossing New Leaf or Happy Home Designer for their high replayability value. Thing is, is New Leaf still relevant today?

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Does it have to be relevant to be good? If you enjoy it, you enjoy it... To my knowledge it's not a heavy-multiplayer game!
axelthefox

Post by axelthefox »

Drove from California to Alaska with a coast to coast map mod for American truck sim and got stuck in snow. Now i wonder if there is a mod for the tires to put chains on them for snow.