Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Sleet »

GameCobra wrote:
Sleet wrote:I finally reached rank B+ in Splatoon! I feel so powerful. Me, in my actually-completely-average rank. :P Actually that's pretty impressive for me since I almost never play shooters and therefore have had very little practice. Now I'm scared to play ranked again because I'm just like three losses from dropping to B again.
don't stop splatooning this next year. I wanna Splatoon with you :3
Oh, we can still Splatoon! I just will, at some point, stop actively playing this game. I'll always take requests to play games, whether it's Mario Kart, Super Smash Bros., Splatoon, Left 4 Dead 2, Starcraft II, or really anything else I have.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Do tell me if your good on L4D2, most people I see online just seem to wander off and either get themselves killed or let you be killed, which is insanely annoying. :roll:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

ShadowLightning wrote:So anyone know any good mobile phone games? Preferably something that doesn't require internet. Maybe a Tower Defense of sorts.

Speaking of which, I played Bloons Tower Defense 5 again a few days ago. It was just as much fun as I remembered. :P
Try Slayin'. It's a endless running RPG like game. Quite addictive, and free too!

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

ShadowLightning wrote:So anyone know any good mobile phone games? Preferably something that doesn't require internet. Maybe a Tower Defense of sorts.

Speaking of which, I played Bloons Tower Defense 5 again a few days ago. It was just as much fun as I remembered. :P
I love Bloons 5.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Kyuunado wrote:Do tell me if your good on L4D2, most people I see online just seem to wander off and either get themselves killed or let you be killed, which is insanely annoying. :roll:
I mean, I know the conventional wisdom of how to play L4D2. I'd hardly call myself "good" but I don't play like an idiot with a death wish.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Sleet wrote:
Kyuunado wrote:Do tell me if your good on L4D2, most people I see online just seem to wander off and either get themselves killed or let you be killed, which is insanely annoying. :roll:
I mean, I know the conventional wisdom of how to play L4D2. I'd hardly call myself "good" but I don't play like an idiot with a death wish.
In my books, that makes you good. :lol:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

seeing how long you can last solo is the only interesting part of that game left though. the levels are too easy grouped up.
Most important thing I've learned from D&D?
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

I actually find it harder with other players, the bots might be annoying but at least they detect and shoot enemies, most players I get paired with start trying to melee the Tank, and I get stuck using my medkit on someone. :lol:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I always played VS mode. I loved playing the infected and survivors equally in that one. :3

Never got into single player/story mode, but VS mode was awesome, but also notorious for people gunbooting to the safe house. that annoyed me, but only because it's not suppose to be easy, yet some survivors somehow turn around and one shot you like they knew you were there.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I actually prefer cooperative. There's just way too much pressure in versus. Not just the pressure that comes from the threat of zombies and the dwindling of resources, but the pressure to do everything by the books or else the team gets mad at you.

Fortunately I'm not good enough that I can easily deal with the higher difficulties, so there's plenty of challenge there!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8!!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

2.8? Okay, I get 1.5 and 2.5 since they were collections of interquels, but 2.8? This is kinda getting ridiculous. Even if I do enjoy the series.
"...kindness is its own reward. Paid in ice cream."
RP chars:
Redwall: Rhys Greenbrier
17th CF: Alasdair 'Alec' Ogilvy
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I can't wait until Kingdom Hearts Pi

and if it isn't an entirely new installment, and they already did 2.5, they kinda just have to choose a number bigger than 2.5 but smaller than 3. they better hope they don't have to release another one before 3 or it'll be 2.95 or something
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

or you could just use the subtitle when referring to non-numbered games, or in the case of that series at least one instance of confusing fractional numbered games.

EDIT: Wait, that's it's actual number? i thought that was just fan tomfoolery from folks sick of confusing names...
Square need help...
No matter how tempting it may be, as a DM I can't both present a problem and solve it.
Every time a DMPC or NPC fixes something a payer couldn't i'm diminishing and undermining that player's contribution.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Hence why I gave up on following the series after KH2. They went a little too far in expanding the lore, I think.

KH 2.8 sounds about right, if they're going in that direction. But then again, I follow the Touhou series, and in between the main games (dictated by an integer), there will be side games which is dictated by a decimal in this order:

x :arrow: (x).3 :arrow: (x).5 :arrow: (x).8 :arrow: (x+1), where x is an integer.

In any case, I'm currently trying to save up for Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon. Kinda sad that it came out in Japan earlier (yesterday) and the US release will be at the end of the year. I'm dying to play a PMD game again! I'm very thankful that for imported games, the price conversion is pretty much fixed and is not that affected by our weakening economy.

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Persona 5 got delayed to summer next year. Sadface. And that's just the Japanese version, so... who knows when we'll see it.
RP chars:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Kingdom Hearts 2.8 is suppose to have a game inside of it called Kingdom Hearts 0.2 - A Fragmented Story. It's suppose to tease some stuff leading up to Kingdom Hearts 3.

Personally, as much as i love Kingdom Hearts, I ain't buying it, but that won't stop me from learning what the game has in it. I'm saving that hype for Final Fantasy 7 and KH3. They are probably going to be my last console games outside portables. console games are becoming pricy.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

Yeah, I heard they were adding in a part with Aqua still trapped inside the Realm of Darkness. I saw a screenshot of it on Facebook, but I didn't really watch the trailer or anything else.

Gee, so many games coming up and already out. And I'm still stuck with a broken Xbox 360, a dinosaur old computer, and a PS2. Speaking of which... anyone know any good games to get on it? I've been in the mood for some fighting games lately, but anything's good.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I get to play Super Mario Maker tomorrow! :D But then I'm gonna want it even more... *ear droops* Money whyyyyyy.
Liam

Post by Liam »

Just popping in to say Undertale finally arrived and you should buy it.

At least twice.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Sleet wrote:I get to play Super Mario Maker tomorrow! :D But then I'm gonna want it even more... *ear droops* Money whyyyyyy.
You have to unlock stuff first :P
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Super Mario Maker was great! I love having access to effectively infinite levels.

I made a level on my friend's game and uploaded it, and within 15 minutes it got a star. He hadn't gotten a star yet, so I one-upped him. *giggles*
snappyfox

Post by snappyfox »

VVVVVVVVVIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDEEEEEEEOOOOOO games!!!!!!!!! I love video games I love classic games and on I recommend is tail concerto for the Ps1 it is very funny
Foxes unite!!!!!!
IdleCurator

Post by IdleCurator »

You could try Plants vs Zombies. It is a free offline tower defense game that is really fun. I am not so keen on plants vs zombies 2 though, far too many microtransactions.
Apart from that there is feildrunners. It costs a little bit of money but it sure is fun. Again the sequel was disappointing.

On another note the new Halo 5 live action trailer has been released: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=95&v=hCP0GSB2A8E
This game may be slightly hyped. With 2 seasons of Hunt the truth, multiple novels, the master chief collection wearing the beta like a badge etc.
Kyuunado wrote:To be fair I can see why it stopped me, the beginning of the level was downright creepy and then suddenly you have to fight hoards of zombies that can not only get back up after being shot many, many times but they also shoot you back. At this point I had to ditch the whole Rambo style shooting routine and decided to conserve ammo, which helped no end.
So, after about four hours work and what I must say is an absolutely astounding amount of shots fired I am finally at the end of a game I started waaaaay back in 2001. :lol:
Yes, Halo Combat Evolved was rather difficult when the flood came in. Especially the Library, that evil level of pure evilness that I played on Normal mode for 2 hours. If it takes me 4 hours to beat Assualt on the control room (which is usually an easy level) on legendary with all of the explosion skulls on then I dare not think how I would do on the library under similiar conditions.
Hi Hi Pie
exranio

Post by exranio »

I hope its not rude to dissapear for several years only to show up again and talk about a crowdfund.
But I'm really excited for Them's Fighting Herds. so much so I've drawn fully inked drawings for it like 4 times already.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

The game formerly known as Fighting is Magic only without the potential copyright infringement, right?

I know they didn't want to do everything over again so the characters are essentially expies, but since it looked fairly solid in its previous iteration and I'm a fan of Skullgirls (who they got the engine from), I have hopes for it.
RP chars:
exranio

Post by exranio »

Yeah, if you search it on youtube now there's a lot more videos cause they did a stream recently. The guy playing velvet is a much better player than the guy playing Arizona, which can be seen when they both switch to Arizona.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I finally got Super Mario Maker. :3 My best level is one where there's almost nothing but coins and P switches, and you have to sprint to get from switch to switch. It's been done before but I like my iteration of it. It's currently got like a .7% win rate but I put no cheap traps in it! :D

Also... Undertale. I keep hearing nothing but phenomenal things about this. I think I need to try this game. And then Yoshi's Woolly World is coming out... and still more Mario... Ugh. SO MANY GAMES.
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Today I got civilization: beyond earth for free, sort of. Mostly, I got $20 off the elder scrolls online, and had a $22 gift card. Since beyond earth was $40; I got it for free. Which makes me happy. I will have to download it and play it tomorrow though. But I'm excited to play it.

I haven't gotten much else game wise. I have seen that armello game being talked about by rick on twitter. It looks interesting.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

It's fairly old, so you may have not played it, but it's a nice spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri, also a Sid Meier (guy behind Civilization) game. If I have a problem with Beyond Earth it's that because there are only a limited amount of factions, the game can feel kinda same-y after a while. The affinity system helps a lot in the sense by varying the civilizations from game to game, but there are only so many combinations. Otherwise, if you like Civ? You'll probably like it. And watch out for siege worms. :v
RP chars:
Buster
Game Master

Post by Buster »

Sleet wrote:Also... Undertale. I keep hearing nothing but phenomenal things about this. I think I need to try this game. And then Yoshi's Woolly World is coming out... and still more Mario... Ugh. SO MANY GAMES.
Do not go for the bad ending first. I usually like getting that one out of the way first so i can end things on a high note, don't do that here. It causes problems. Not going to go into more detail than that for the sake of spoilers, but just don't.
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Buster wrote:
Sleet wrote:Also... Undertale. I keep hearing nothing but phenomenal things about this. I think I need to try this game. And then Yoshi's Woolly World is coming out... and still more Mario... Ugh. SO MANY GAMES.
Do not go for the bad ending first. I usually like getting that one out of the way first so i can end things on a high note, don't do that here. It causes problems. Not going to go into more detail than that for the sake of spoilers, but just don't.
Oh god, yes, this. I spoiled myself a bit, but... doing the bad ending before the good ruins the latter for... reasons. And doing the bad after the good... just makes it even more cruel, somehow.

I'm normally a 'try and get everything kind of guy', but with this... if you're gonna play, just try and get your happy ending and run with it.
RP chars:
Oblivious Adobo

Post by Oblivious Adobo »

I had already seen quite a few things from the good run spoiled for me from a friend's stream, so I'm doing a bad/evil run first in Undertale since I'm unfamiliar with it. Also this the first game I'm doing the bad choices first, there's a lot of games where I've never even done the evil/bad choices.
I'm like a ninja; only loud and annoying.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I always go the good path anyway, but this game actively tries to tell me not to restart the game and go the bad path for spoiler reasons. So much caring potential <3

I just beat the game yesterday. I was absorbed into it as well. Haven't done a review on a game in a very long time. Going to review it on Stream soon.

Undertale is a game I highly recommend at this point. It feels like an awesome classical NES RPG, but updated with modern computer technology to give it some tricks you wouldn't expect in a NES game. The music is awesome and the story is both weird, funny and downright scary. The timeframe for the game is also a solid good average of 5-7 hours. You'd think RPs would be a lot longer, but due to the style of this game, you have to go into it more like you are playing a point and click game than an RPG considering the game's details in it.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I tried the demo a long time ago. Got really confused about the game mechanics, so I just stopped.

I have a penchance to not like games that most love and rave over, and Undertale is no exception. It's a great game, I know, but something about it just
.. irks me somehow.

The one great thing I do like about it is that it brought back the black and white pixelated art style that I'm quite fond of.

Bucky-Roo

Post by Bucky-Roo »

I am super fond of Undertale.
The gameplay was an awesome RPG experience with me considering I get very attached to certain characters.

The soundtrack is also amazing. I haven't been able to stop listening to it.
Hello, my baby
Hello, my honey
Hello, my ragtime gaaal
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

CosmicCoyote wrote:It's fairly old, so you may have not played it, but it's a nice spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri, also a Sid Meier (guy behind Civilization) game. If I have a problem with Beyond Earth it's that because there are only a limited amount of factions, the game can feel kinda same-y after a while. The affinity system helps a lot in the sense by varying the civilizations from game to game, but there are only so many combinations. Otherwise, if you like Civ? You'll probably like it. And watch out for siege worms. :v
I have not played alpha centauri. I don't know where to find it to play it. I have heard of it though.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
CosmicCoyote

Post by CosmicCoyote »

Iron Panda wrote:
CosmicCoyote wrote:It's fairly old, so you may have not played it, but it's a nice spiritual successor to Alpha Centauri, also a Sid Meier (guy behind Civilization) game. If I have a problem with Beyond Earth it's that because there are only a limited amount of factions, the game can feel kinda same-y after a while. The affinity system helps a lot in the sense by varying the civilizations from game to game, but there are only so many combinations. Otherwise, if you like Civ? You'll probably like it. And watch out for siege worms. :v
I have not played alpha centauri. I don't know where to find it to play it. I have heard of it though.
https://www.gog.com/game/sid_meiers_alpha_centauri

GOG has all sorts of old PC games, if you're looking to purchase retro stuff you couldn't otherwise find.
RP chars:
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

so I was gonna just watch playthroughs of undertale and never play it myself...
I'm not gonna continue those playthroughs til I'm done playing. I figure none of them got too far so I didn't get most of the game spoiled.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I know just about nothing about Undertale. I wanna keep it that way.