Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Lucid_Dragon

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

Been a while, guys. How's everybody doin'?

Well, looks like Pac is in. I'm glad they went with his Pac Man World design, rather than the Ghostly Adventures rendition. I like how they did the mii fighter as well. Palutena...eh, I'm on the fence with her. I would like to see someone like Isaac or Ray 01.

In other news, it's down to the wire for Beast's Fury. The good news is that it sounds like Benny the Hype Dog might still make it in to the final game. *crosses fingers*
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

No Man's Sky looks great. I think I'm just about done with Watch Dogs though,
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Playing Final Fantasy Type 0, among other things.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Kicking butt in Soul Calibur V.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Playing some Final Fantasy X HD Remaster
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Played Sonic '06. Its actually pretty good.
There is always a mystical adventure awaiting you. You just have to find it and take the first step into epicness.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Is it? I heard it was awful.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

The gameplay itself is good, but it's very prone to glitches and bugs which can really ruin it.
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

The gameplay and stories are really good. I just feel that they could have done more with Silver's abilities. If they had made it to where you could fly the way he did in the intro to his story, that would have made all the difference.

On a side note: I DO NOT like how people call Silver stupid. He's naïve yes, but not stupid.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

My friends and I actually really enjoy Sonic '06. I think it is a very fun game.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Tell that to the legion of haters and video game reviewers who would burn the game to purge the world from "abominations", as they call it. Hivemind mentality at its finest.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

It's certainly a lot better that Sonic Unleashed.
Strange Matter

Post by Strange Matter »

Shadowstar23 wrote:It's certainly a lot better that Sonic Unleashed.
R-really? Huh... I haven't really heard anything good about it, then again a lot of Sonic fans are unpleasable i.e. "oh no, we have hold down a button to run, and this isn't classic Sonic, so it's automatically awful." (I loved Lost World for the WiiU, by the way. Go play it.) Still though, I don't really imagine to be a good game, but that's a matter of opinion. I do imagine it might be fun to play with the glitches, though.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I can understand popular opinion being wrong about Sonic; I adored Adventure despite a lot of people hating on it. That said, I haven't been too keen on what I've played since then.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I like all the Sonic games I've played in my life.
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

Strange Matter wrote:
Shadowstar23 wrote:It's certainly a lot better that Sonic Unleashed.
R-really? Huh... I haven't really heard anything good about it, then again a lot of Sonic fans are unpleasable i.e. "oh no, we have hold down a button to run, and this isn't classic Sonic, so it's automatically awful." (I loved Lost World for the WiiU, by the way. Go play it.) Still though, I don't really imagine to be a good game, but that's a matter of opinion. I do imagine it might be fun to play with the glitches, though.

I am pleasable and am usually rather relaxed about these things. Sonic Unleashed got too complicated for me. I don't have a Wii U and won't get one. I'm against public opinion and will substitute my own. That being said, I feel that they need to upgrade Sonic while maintaining that classic spark.

On topic: Catching up in playing Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of a New World.
Lucid_Dragon

Post by Lucid_Dragon »

Shadowstar23 wrote:Kicking butt in Soul Calibur V.
Who do you main? I've been itching to get back into the fray with SCV.

As for Sonic, I still prefer the classics to the more modern takes.
Sleet wrote:I can understand popular opinion being wrong about Sonic; I adored Adventure despite a lot of people hating on it. That said, I haven't been too keen on what I've played since then.
I agree, Adventure is pretty good. I kind of feel the same way about Knuckles' Chaotix. Not enough people have played it to see its good qualities (e.g. Music, animation, special stages, level design), so all we have are a few negative reviews and even less positive.

Also, playing Shovel Knight and loving every second of it. :)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Finally beat Final Fantasy 3. I had a lot of fun playing it. The game is easy if you got a good setup, but late-game... that crystal tower is a MAJOR CHORE! NO SAVE POINTS FOR 3 HOURS ARGH *Chews table*

My worst mistake was underestimating magic damage in the game. Final Fantasy 3 gives you a lot of juicy weapons and they stack very well with all classes, but early on, magic damage is really bad... until you start getting job levels with the magic classes. Then they start to shine. Word of advice anyone playing it: stick with your White/Black mage early. You COULD go Red Mage and instead have him/her do both jobs since she can do this very well early or mid game and use that fourth person for something else like a Knight or Viking, but the Red Mage doesn't transfer over to late game as well as White/Black, who despite not being end-game classes ~ they end up being the best classes until you get the Final classes.

I plan on playing it again in the future just to try out a different class combo. Was so much fun.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

GameCobra wrote:.........is a MAJOR CHORE! NO SAVE POINTS FOR 3 HOURS ARGH *Chews table*

Don't you just love it when the creators do that. Ever been stuck in a never ending battle that uses up most of your items, all of your characters are nearly dead, and what normally takes a minute or two ends up taking an hour and a half because the monster and/or villain keeps healing itself when half its health is gone? I've been in several in the Final Fantasy series.......Ugh, :x
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Final Fantasy V was much more forgivable though, at least. It had a save point before the annoying walkway. It still had the random encounter mini-bosses (annoying as well), but crystal tower took the cake for me after playing it. =P

Only other final fantasy that annoyed me with that kind of end-game deal was Tactics. The point of no return.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

In Xenoblade there was a level 120 dragon that had a stupid amount of health, inflicted around 2000 HP per attack (out of a max of 9999 on the maxed out level 99 "tank" characters) It didn't heal itself (much) but instead had an instant death spike on it, so hitting it downs the player. It took me about two hours of incessant attacking to kill it with only one character as I could only make one of my party immune to the spike ability. Toughest. Battle. Ever. :lol:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

That sucks. X3 But the question is: How often did you fight him? =P
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Once every new game, totaling 5 times so far. And maybe 7 attempts where I had to flee. :lol:
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Sonic '06 looked like a really cool game, good graphics... but then...
That happened.

On another note, found my GC controller, so I can play OoT: Master Quest again. I just finished Dodongo's Cavern!
"Let's all give him a hug!"
*Goron's give creepy faces*
Link: "WAAAHH!"

Yeah, I didn't know there would be a difference between OoT and Master Quest Edition, but apparently Master Quest Edition is mirrored, and a lot harder.
Funny though, cause I find the difficulty right now to be the same as Skyward Sword *shurgs*
Maybe later, it'll be really tough.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Been playing Conception 2 and Drakenguard 3
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

They couldn't manage to effectively mirror the map on GameCube, this makes the game much easier than it would be. :P
I know three places that are a real pain though. Bottom of the Well, water temple and shadow temple. Have fun with that Neon. :lol:
Shadowstar23

Post by Shadowstar23 »

I like games that have save points a room or so before a boss battle. Very useful in case I happen to die.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

The Great Fairy that you get the firestone from is really creepy... and kinda nude o.o
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Yeeeeeeeeah... All of them are like that.
Young Link will be scarred for life. :lol:
Jacey
Location: inside a miniture submarine that is orbiting the earth.

Post by Jacey »

Kyuunado wrote:Yeeeeeeeeah... All of them are like that.
Young Link will be scarred for life. :lol:
MrNeonShot wrote:The Great Fairy that you get the firestone from is really creepy... and kinda nude o.o
This must be the reason Link is silent all the time.
RP Characters:
[All have gone on vacation]
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

Currently playing Child of Light and going to take a fresh crack at Skylanders:Swap Force when I get done.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Parents just beat the Zelda games yesterday. Now they want A Link to the Past. Apparantly they ain't fans of Ocarina of Time. 3D is too much for them. X3

At least I got NES Kid Icarus and Final Fantasy out of it. This is the second time I play Kid Icarus in my life and therefore finally finish the game.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

I just got Tails Adventure(s) from the eshop. That game is pretty frustrating!
RandomGeekNamedBrent
laughing maniacally

Post by RandomGeekNamedBrent »

I actually had that game on the Game Gear. I never got past the first level, because by the time I was old enough to be any good at games the system had died.
Paradigm Shift by me
I do not actually believe any of what I'm saying.
RP character sheets
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Tails is so cute whenever he collects an item! >ω<
But, there is one gaming sin I've noticed. Whenever you pause, the music doesn't stop. Other than that, its pretty fun!
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

That game was very difficult, the mountain stage took ages and some levels require you to equip certain items beforehand. Bit cruel, using Napalm on ducks though. (Later renamed FireBomb)
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Err, question. I've been watching some Sega Dreamcast gameplays, and from what I can parse, they're actually pretty awesome, maybe even more so than the Playstation (of which I grew up with). So why was the console discontinued rather quickly, and why did Sega ultimately pulled out from the console wars then?

From my POV, the Dreamcast never existed where I live. Only the Playstation, Nintendo's portable game systems and cheap knock-offs of the SNES and the NES existed around the same time the Dreamcast debuted. So, totally no exposure =w=

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

kurowolfe wrote:Err, question. I've been watching some Sega Dreamcast gameplays, and from what I can parse, they're actually pretty awesome, maybe even more so than the Playstation (of which I grew up with). So why was the console discontinued rather quickly, and why did Sega ultimately pulled out from the console wars then?

From my POV, the Dreamcast never existed where I live. Only the Playstation, Nintendo's portable game systems and cheap knock-offs of the SNES and the NES existed around the same time the Dreamcast debuted. So, totally no exposure =w=
A long, long line of mistakes and misteps, to put it bluntly.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Those bats in the cave level. I freakin' hate them. But, switching to normal bomb gives you better aim, and quicker throws, imo.
deepskycyan

Post by deepskycyan »

Cousin made me play To The Moon.

Haven't cried so much in a long time. :'(
"Reality continues to ruin my life." -B. Watterson