Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Kyuunado

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Kyuunado »

Using the tanooki suit to fly over obstacles is by far the easiest method to complete levels though, it worked before and it will do so again, though I did die a LOT on that stage...
Galaxy two is a game I never really played, but so long as the yoshis don't melt when exposed to water it should be fine. :lol:
The nine-tailed Kitsune of England.
I am Kyuunado Fureatsurī!
Want to talk? PM me or message at [email protected] and add me on Google+
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

I know its a day late (I spent it playing and watching other people play it) but Doom had its 20th anniversary yesterday! 20 years ago on December 10th at midnight the Id Team uploaded Doom to the Software Creations BBS and tried to upload it to the FTP server at the University of Wisconsin–Madison but couldn't as it was already full with over 100 people all (yes every single one of them) trying to get the game. It was at one point installed on more computers then Windows 95 and caused major problems in productivity in work places, it was and is one of, if not the greatest, FPS ever made, so on that note Happy 20th anniversary Doom! :D
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Been playing Skyrim. It's been a while.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Enchant all you can with destruction magic cost reduction and just spam the fire and thunder attacks. :lol:
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Enchant all you can with destruction magic cost reduction and just spam the fire and thunder attacks. :lol:
No. I just use conjuration to summon and resurrect stuff.
Games I'm currently playing:The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 2 (PS3) Danganronpa V3 (PS4) Azure Striker Gunvolt (3DS) Pokemon Silver (GB/3DS)
Kyuunado

Post by Kyuunado »

Equally fun, to kill something revive it and make it fight to the death with the ones that used to be its allies.
What level are you in the game?
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Equally fun, to kill something revive it and make it fight to the death with the ones that used to be its allies.
What level are you in the game?
I have to start over since my PS3 was experiencing issues over the summer. I had to delete everything off of it and haven't played it since before that.
Side note: Woo. Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life Special Edition on my PS3. Mainly got it cause I can.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

_Stu_ wrote:Never played Galaxy 2, still have to take it, but i've heard amusing things about that stage. Still, the ones i hear here and there can't give me an answer. Someone says less difficult, someone says more

What i can say is that 3D World final stage is quite insane. No power ups and no checkpoints, that's the less though. It requires a sniper's precision. And cold nerves. You also have to master every single move and property of it, like the long jump, or the crush air frame trick. Sometimes is a question of milliseconds and millimetres. A certain part right after the first one becomes easier with a Tanuki suit. But if you lose it, you're done. Or you can ragequit before saving, but it's annoying

At least is completely polish, so there's no dirty trick that makes it a matter of luck. Except for one of the last parts. But it can fixed by starting that certain phase a second after the teleport...
I am giddy with anticipation. I love challenges like that.

And Kyuubi, Galaxy 2 is phenomenal. I think it's better than the first.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Playing the original version of Cave Story, and man, the jump is way too flexible! I kept dying because I couldn't jump and shoot efficiently.

Then again, I can only play Touhou on Easy mode, so that's kinda of a given =w=

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Pokemon Y, why you so hard?
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Megamaster wrote:Pokemon Y, why you so hard?
I'm gonna assume you've never played a pokemon game in the past :lol:
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

44R0NM10 wrote:
I've played all of them. None were even remotely hard.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

If the difficulty is getting a little too high, try turning on EXP Share for a little. You can fine-tune the game's difficulty by turning it on and off as you see fit.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Sleet wrote:If the difficulty is getting a little too high, try turning on EXP Share for a little. You can fine-tune the game's difficulty by turning it on and off as you see fit.
I always have it on. -_-
Mickey the Luxray
Location: Why-Cant-We-Be-Given-Some-Consarned-Snow-Ville, USA

Post by Mickey the Luxray »

Kyuubi Kitsune wrote:Enchant all you can with destruction magic cost reduction and just spam the fire and thunder attacks. :lol:
I just have a Khajiit tank that wears full Ebony armor and can run like he's wearing clothes. I rarely use anything but a sword and a healing spell when going into battle... he's not that much fun to play anymore, so I now have another Khajiit who's an archer and wears light armor. It's a lot more fun playing as her- since I can't rush in and just pwn everyone like I could before I have to think a lot more about my placement and the enemy I'm fighting.

Now my dad on the other hand is pretty much like what you said- he specializes in Destruction and was actually the first in our family to hit 100 on a skill. And also the first to master two skills. He knows all the good spells and can deal 700 damage with one sneak attack thanks to an Ebony dagger and a bunch of Sneak perks. C|

Woohoo look at me going on a big ol' tangent about Skyrim while everyone else talks about Pokemon.
If you want my number, it's #804080.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I plan on playing Skyrim soon since I love the PC version. Beat the PS3, but I wanted the expansions. I just need Dragonborne and I'm all set =)

Khajeet Warrior all the way with mixes of alchemy,enchanting and blacksmithing, but on the PC I decided to start him as a archer this time because of my awesome aiming skills and move him up to two-handed weapons and heavy armor eventually. never leveled it up so fast before as opposed to the PS3. right now though my plans are set for Pokémon if I get it for Christmas. =3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Megamaster wrote:
44R0NM10 wrote:
I've played all of them. None were even remotely hard.
Really? I'm kinda confused by this. I've played at least one in each region beside Unova, and every single one has given me a lot of trouble upon reaching the Elite four. I was talking to a few friends of mine and they've all reached the same conclusion as me too, that Pokemon X and Y is ridiculously easy when compared to the older games. Getting the exp share so soon just makes the game too easy...
Megamaster wrote: Charizard, Furfrou, Lucario, Lunatone, Manetric, and Chesnaught.
Maybe your pokemon team is causing the difficulty? Furfrou and Lunatone are fairly weak in my oppinion (as a general rule of thumb, most pokemon that don't evolve and aren't legendary aren't very strong), not to mention you've not got any water pokemon to help you beat the fire Elite 4 member, or any way to beat the dragon elite 4 user.

I can't entirely remember my first team. I think it was Gyarados, Charizard, Chesnaught, lucario, Aegislash and Heracross.

Some general advice if you don't fancy changing your team. Stock up on revives, ethers and max heals and do some training in Victory Road. I personally always found this really hard to do in the past, especially with items, but it makes everything so much easier.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

44R0NM10 wrote: Really? I'm kinda confused by this. I've played at least one in each region beside Unova, and every single one has given me a lot of trouble upon reaching the Elite four. I was talking to a few friends of mine and they've all reached the same conclusion as me too, that Pokemon X and Y is ridiculously easy when compared to the older games. Getting the exp share so soon just makes the game too easy...
Megamaster wrote: Charizard, Furfrou, Lucario, Lunatone, Manetric, and Chesnaught.
Maybe your pokemon team is causing the difficulty? Furfrou and Lunatone are fairly weak in my oppinion (as a general rule of thumb, most pokemon that don't evolve and aren't legendary aren't very strong), not to mention you've not got any water pokemon to help you beat the fire Elite 4 member, or any way to beat the dragon elite 4 user.

I can't entirely remember my first team. I think it was Gyarados, Charizard, Chesnaught, lucario, Aegislash and Heracross.

Some general advice if you don't fancy changing your team. Stock up on revives, ethers and max heals and do some training in Victory Road. I personally always found this really hard to do in the past, especially with items, but it makes everything so much easier.
Hey, my Lunatone easily beats Dragons thanks to Moonblast. Also I'm doing this the way I always have. Not buying items. I never buy items in Pokémon games. I just use whatever I find. The only one that gives me any trouble is the water type one.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

sorry, I didn't realize Lunatone could learn a fairy type move. You have a point with that.

And believe me, I used to never buy items at all beside pokeballs...then I learnt that picking up a decent number of potions and other healing items makes the game far easier. Beating the elite 4 without using any revives on your first attempt is really, really hard. I'd go as far to call it near impossible without hours of grinding in Victory road.

My only advice for the water elite 4 members is to use Manectric the most, using Thunderbolt, and switch to Lucario to beat Barbaracle. I'm sure you know this already, but this should make the water Elite 4 really, really easy. Manectric has decent sp.att and speed after all, and you will deal 4X damage against that Gyarados he has.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

44R0NM10 wrote:sorry, I didn't realize Lunatone could learn a fairy type move. You have a point with that.

And believe me, I used to never buy items at all beside pokeballs...then I learnt that picking up a decent number of potions and other healing items makes the game far easier. Beating the elite 4 without using any revives on your first attempt is really, really hard. I'd go as far to call it near impossible without hours of grinding in Victory road.

My only advice for the water elite 4 members is to use Manectric the most, using Thunderbolt, and switch to Lucario to beat Barbaracle. I'm sure you know this already, but this should make the water Elite 4 really, really easy. Manectric has decent sp.att and speed after all, and you will deal 4X damage against that Gyarados he has.
My Manectric is way under leveled. It's in it's late 40's.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Well, it's not too bad. Just grind in victory road until all your pokemon are about level 60 and you may be able to beat the elite 4 with ease. It's not the most fun thing in the world, but grinding doesn't take too much mental attention so yeah... watch a movie or something whilst doing it. That's the best advice I can give really. :P

Also, just saying, one of my mates has spent maybe 7 or 8 hours trying to Mazuda method shiny pokemon. I really hope he get's his shiny before going completely mad.
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Been playing some good old Tales of Graces f. It's been a while but I'm getting the hang of it again.
hypernovatic

Post by hypernovatic »

I read the Game Informer article about Kingdom Hearts 3. It's so EPIC!! The Keyblade can turn into guns!!! It's going to be AMAZING!
My RP characters
FEAR THE HALLOWEEN BAT
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Frenzy Fu in Final Fantasy 4 Heroes of Light is incredibly broken. Just one shots all the bosses.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

hypernovatic wrote:I read the Game Informer article about Kingdom Hearts 3. It's so EPIC!! The Keyblade can turn into guns!!! It's going to be AMAZING!
Yeah, I'd like to maybe play it sometime.
I AM RUBBER, YOU ARE GLUE!!!!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I just hope Donald and Goofy go back to being more useful than they were in Kingdom Hearts 1. I love Keyblade action, but I also love watching your allies join in the fun as well =)
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Finally beat Pokémon Y. Thank dog, that was annoying. Now back to Xillia 2 and BBS FM.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm working on the Looker sidequests while I also play SM3DW (hence why it's so delayed). It's interesting seeing the Pokémon games reference homelessness! These are definitely made with older fans in mind.
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Oh God, all this talk about Pokemon really makes me want to get a legit game for once! TwT
Not to mention my laptop can barely play anything now, and I'm stuck with my DS for gaming purposes.

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

I've been playing Tales of Xillia 2 more. Leveling up and learning all the Dual Mystic Artes.
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

My older brother and his girlfriend gave us theirs Christmas presents to us early(since we're leaving for Ohio on Friday), and I got LoZ: OoT 3D. I was something I was wanting since it first came out.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

For Christmas, I want to get a 2DS, and a copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate along with it.
That game sounds so awesome!
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

MrNeonShot wrote:For Christmas, I want to get a 2DS, and a copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate along with it.
That game sounds so awesome!
I like you and your taste. You'll enjoy it.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

So, I have Starbound now, friend gave it to me for Christmas, and it's um...okay? Idunno, what do you guys think of it?
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Megamaster

Post by Megamaster »

Playing Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.
ShadowLightning

Post by ShadowLightning »

If I'm lucky, I might finally be able to get Tales of Vesperia, or Tales of Abyss, this Christmas. If not, then I'll just have to buy it myself with my Christmas money. Assuming I get enough Christmas money.
Heellooooooooo!! Anyone who wants to talk to me, please do. I get lonely sometimes and I get scared whenever I talk first...
Avatar done by the wonderful kurowolfe!
I also have an FA account now. Sooo... check it out.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:So, I have Starbound now, friend gave it to me for Christmas, and it's um...okay? Idunno, what do you guys think of it?
I've not quite played it yet, but if it's anything like Terraria it'll be a decent game. Much more fun when you're playing on a server with friends though.
MrNeonShot

Post by MrNeonShot »

Starbound looks awesome!
I wish I had a better computer to play it on.
This user is probably dead here. You can find me on Skype by the same username to see if I'm not actually dead.
Silly Zealot

Post by Silly Zealot »

I apologize thorougly for talking about unrelated games, but I've been playing quite some bit of Rage and The Witcher, if anyone is interested on knowing.
Last, but not least, it seems that the alpha for Overgrowth has made it into Steam greenlight a few days ago. It's been a while since I checked on that game.
20th century fox? Given that this is the year 2020, that fox must be dead by now. Sadface! : (

I'm telling you, hyenas ARE canines too!
TinFoilHats

Post by TinFoilHats »

Silly Zealot wrote:I apologize thorougly for talking about unrelated games, but I've been playing quite some bit of Rage and The Witcher, if anyone is interested on knowing.
Last, but not least, it seems that the alpha for Overgrowth has made it into Steam greenlight a few days ago. It's been a while since I checked on that game.
I've heard of that game, actually. Yup, nothing like gratuitous violence involving cute anthropomorphic animals.