Moderator: ArcWolf

GameCobra

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by GameCobra »

3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
exranio

Post by exranio »

Max Anarchy is completely available in English.
To put a short version of what Max Anarchy is, imagine if Mad World, Devil May Cry, and Bayonetta had online multiplayer.
Despite the game only being released in japan the entire game is translated into English. Full voice acting and menus. Works online in other countries, AND absolutely zero region locking. There is absolutely no reason to wait for the American release or any other country for that matter. Despite it being fully available in English, French and Spanish, Sega is waiting for Q1 2013 to actually release it stateside.

I don't understand Sega.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I want THIS.
http://rojoninja.tumblr.com/post/280157 ... is-dracula
According to Wikipedia, the game HAS been confirmed for western release, but no date was given.

Who agrees that the game in that post would be awesome?
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

I'll agree with that, some of the creatures listed have me kinda going 'Say wha...?', but other than that it does seem very interesting/awesome.
Daggy

Post by Daggy »

Tha Housefox wrote:I want THIS.
According to Wikipedia, the game HAS been confirmed for western release, but no date was given.

Oh god why would you do that.
Cm4F

Post by Cm4F »

Tha Housefox wrote:I want THIS.

I think that looks fun.
It's defiantly unique in terms of what you're trying to fight off; something other than an opposing side in a war or something supernatural. I'd really like to try that out one day. The Pomeranian I think is funny.
ImageImage

I fought dyslexia, and I won!
Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Sega Smash Pack 2 for the PC is probably one of my favorite video games of all time.

It came out when I was about to turn five, and I'm pretty sure my dad had bought it new because I loved Sonic the Hedgehog as a kid. I think I played it back when I was that young too, but I vaguely remember that long ago.
Our family's first computer was an eMachine and after I basically destroyed it (from putting a game disc back in every time when I'd go to play it, and thus just eating all the system memory), we re-installed the game a few years later when we got our Dell PC. That's when I was getting old enough to appreciate a good game when I played one.
By the time we had to wipe the Dell for virus reasons, the disc was too beat up to run again and I lost it. :(

Shining Force was my favorite, and Sonic, Flicky, Kid Chameleon, and Vectorman 2 were all great too.

I did, however, find this: http://www.sega.com/retailers/?g=6040 which totally made me excited. I'm gonna go look for the other ones and slowly but surely try to purchase at least Shining Force, Sonic, and Flicky for the PC.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I miss Sonic's heyday. Those were good times.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Hnn, that was a golden era in gaming. Games weren't as complex because of the limitations of the consoles but they were still just as, if not more, challenging as the games of today.

Speaking of Sega, and on a topic form a little back. It seems PSO2 is gonna be free to play. Whether that means you buy it and get to play it all you want, or that you just download it and play without need to pay a thing isn't exactly clear though...I'm hoping for the latter.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Shirosune wrote:Hnn, that was a golden era in gaming. Games weren't as complex because of the limitations of the consoles but they were still just as, if not more, challenging as the games of today.

Speaking of Sega, and on a topic form a little back. It seems PSO2 is gonna be free to play. Whether that means you buy it and get to play it all you want, or that you just download it and play without need to pay a thing isn't exactly clear though...I'm hoping for the latter.
If they're listing it as Free to Play, that would mean the latter. To make money from it, though, they'll probably add unnecessary things in the game to make playing easier or faster, like energy increases and packs in Spiral Knights or weapons that you can only buy with real money.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I don't think gaming even had a golden era. There has been so much great stuff in each generation. I feel like the past was better than the present, but if I look back at the present when it becomes the past, I'm sure I'll be nostalgic too. Unless you're talking about console gaming, in which case I think this is pretty far from the golden age.

And I hope PSO2 has the same payment method as WoW's extra stuff: You can spend money on more stuff, but it is cosmetic only.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

Eh, I probably just feel that way because those were the games of my childhood. Still, it seemed like more of the games that were made back then were actually well made and fun to play, as opposed to what has been happening lately with seven out of every ten games have either major design flaws or just not being any fun. But then...I might just be pickier now than I used to be.

And yeah, I'm very much in agreement about PSO2, if they do have 'Paid content' I'm hoping it is at most cosmetic. It's a very viable option for them too, especially with the Mags being present and floating over your shoulder again. Sega could easily make a killing off of selling special skins for those alone. More than that though, I'm hoping they don't go off and use an energy system like SK, much as I'm looking forward to playing PSO2, that would completely kill the game for me.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Shirosune wrote:More than that though, I'm hoping they don't go off and use an energy system like SK, much as I'm looking forward to playing PSO2, that would completely kill the game for me.
The only saving grace about SK's energy system is that energy really IS cheap.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Paying gives you the rooms like in PSU. And frankly rooms are freaking boss so I'll pay for that.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

exranio wrote:Paying gives you the rooms like in PSU. And frankly rooms are freaking boss so I'll pay for that.
How did those work?
exranio

Post by exranio »

Basically like a small house. You could decorate it, invite friends in, your little robot was there, but most importantly you could set it up as a store. Personally I love having houses and stuff in MMOs especially if I am going to be social.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well that's cute!
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

http://randomgeeknamedbrent.tumblr.com/ ... irpchirrup

(Language warning for comments in the post, but it's a nice Portal 2 remix. x3)
exranio

Post by exranio »

It's not confirmed yet, be me and my cousin are going to enter the New York Tristate Street Fighter 25th anniversary tournament.
We'll be entering SF4 and possibly others.

I'll be going by C.Chambers and my cousin will be Jumping Fountain or JF.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Tha Housefox wrote:http://randomgeeknamedbrent.tumblr.com/ ... irpchirrup

I'm usually not one to listen to dubstep unless it's used very scarcely, but I actually quite enjoyed that.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

KJOokami wrote:
Tha Housefox wrote:http://randomgeeknamedbrent.tumblr.com/ ... irpchirrup

I'm usually not one to listen to dubstep unless it's used very scarcely, but I actually quite enjoyed that.
My sentiments exactly. (Just didn't want to advertise it as dubstep so that people would actually give it a listen instead of disregarding it...)
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Oh. Uh. Dubstep? Who said anything about dubstep? I sure didn't. No sirrie; not me.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

So guys, I want to know what you think, what is better? First person or third person perspectives in action games? I prefer third person games, I just like the perspective more.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I prefer third-person.
Tha Housefox wrote:(Just didn't want to advertise it as dubstep so that people would actually give it a listen instead of disregarding it...)[/color]
Furries freaking eat that crap up, man. It would get more people to click it if you advertised it as such. :P
Shirosune

Post by Shirosune »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:So guys, I want to know what you think, what is better? First person or third person perspectives in action games? I prefer third person games, I just like the perspective more.
Well, my answer might change depending on exactly what you mean by action games, but over all I'd have to say I'm kinda indifferent.

So long as a game plays well and I'm enjoying it, I can't say that perspective sways me one way or the other, and in those few games I've played that give you an option of perspectives I typically just stick with whatever the default is.
Sleet wrote:
Tha Housefox wrote:(Just didn't want to advertise it as dubstep so that people would actually give it a listen instead of disregarding it...)[/color]
Furries freaking eat that crap up, man. It would get more people to click it if you advertised it as such. :P
I must be a weird furry then, 'cause I don't really care for most dubstep. That said, I did enjoy the above track for the most part.
exranio

Post by exranio »

I don't think being a furry has anything to do with that, like, at all.

So I just got off S4 League. I've been using the Max Anarchy soundtrack while I play.

Post by 0404 »

Last edited by 0404 on Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Ooh... I hope they have a massive bundle sale so I can actually play HL1 and HL2 lol

Post by 0404 »

Don't fully trust it yet, Gabe is Random.
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Wanderer wrote:Ooh... I hope they have a massive bundle sale so I can actually play HL1 and HL2 lol
Dude, buy all of those games. NOW. At the very least, Half Life 1 for history and the fact it is AMAZING. Plus, there are free mods on Steam.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Is it on massive sale right now?
I'm a loaf of bread with no raisins... I need to make a proper steam account.

Post by 0404 »

there was a summer sale about two weeks ago,now it's over. :cry: you could wait for coming winter sale.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Well I don't know about the rest of you but I'm hype
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhVUEEHammQ
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

I finally got a microphone for Xbox live. If any of you guys want to chat some time just send me a pm. I'm on most days of the week.
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Picked up alot of good games during my vacation:

BattleField 3 (PS3)
Twilight Princess for $19.99!
Pokemon Conquest! :D
Dragon Warrior VI and IX
Harvey Birdman!

Having a ball with Pokemon Conquest at the moment. The opportunity to tag-team with Shingen's Rock Pokemon is extremely satisfying. I would honestly expect him to have a super powered rapidash, considering how he's always representing the cavalry clan.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I dunno how I feel about Pokémon Conquest. I feel like customizing my team isn't particularly robust; each character is generally very simple and there isn't much to change. Maybe I'm just not far enough yet?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Usual standard weaknesses make a huge impact in this game, but unevolved pokemon generally get ability happy while their evolved forms usually aren't, except for Charizard. three ways for him to boost his attack power up and he just gets crazy on the opposing army @_@

and i can't help but not use Eevee and Jigglypuff. even when fighting armies with fighter and flying pokemon.

Post by 0404 »

not trying to cut out conversation, but
anyone BF3 PC player?
I kinda feel alone in BF3. no one I know of plays BF3 on PC... :cry:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Unfortunately, my PC can't handle BF3 i don't think :(
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

I played it a bit on PC, got bored of it eventually though.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW