Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Daggy

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Daggy »

Therolyn wrote: Been seriously considering getting Guild Wars 2. I really need something fresher than WoW and I don't particularly feel like joining my relatives playing Rift.
Reaaaaaaaalllllyyyyy good, from what people have been saying. Looking forward to it.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Daggy wrote:
Therolyn wrote: Been seriously considering getting Guild Wars 2. I really need something fresher than WoW and I don't particularly feel like joining my relatives playing Rift.
Reaaaaaaaalllllyyyyy good, from what people have been saying. Looking forward to it.
I'm looking forward to a demo so that I can actually give it a try! You know, without buying the game first. Sounds like the game is solid from a gameplay standpoint right now, but it's also been riding a massive hype train. Can't really trust reviewers or word of mouth when that happens- but I gotta say, the fact that it's a non-sub MMO is a strong draw in itself. I'd still like to try it first, though.
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Is Guild Wars 2 not out yet? I could've sworn it came out a long time ago. Or perhaps I was just thinking an expansion?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Buck: I think it might go into open beta soon, possibly.
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW

Post by 0404 »

ahhhh ok....
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

*facepalm*
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Sleet wrote:Is Guild Wars 2 not out yet? I could've sworn it came out a long time ago. Or perhaps I was just thinking an expansion?
You're probably thinking of one of the expansions that the first game had. GW2 just went into Beta in the last week or two.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Black Ops 2 have that strange taste only a trash movie can have... i mean, horses and mecha? The main character almost looks like the one in Bulletstorm, too. Maybe they decided to change direction for once, also maybe i would be interested this time. Maybe.
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

The Grey Wolverine

Way I see it, BO2 will either be really really bad, or just stupid fun.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
fantasticmrKabz

Post by fantasticmrKabz »

currently playing mk on the vita and its pretty frustrating. Im just no good at fighting games. Maybe i should send my Vita to Florida via Ups and then hire a park ranger through an online website so that he can toss it into the everglades. I should also hire an auteur filmmaker so the I can receive their unique perspective on the tossing of my 200+ dollar handheld.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Or you could give it too me!
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
fantasticmrKabz

Post by fantasticmrKabz »

ooh you're too late man I love the game again. I actually gave my ds to my cousin out of anger. Unlike most destructive gamers who break televisions, consoles, and themselves I donate the like a good samaritan. I deserve a prize or something
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I've been into all the other games since they've been fun enough... Black Ops 2 really, really is disagreeing with me right now. The trailer seems like it should appear in an original game...not the 9th installment of the CoD series. It's not impressed me at all.

Modern Warfare 3 really drew me in. The trailors were all amazing, and I found it to be a great marketing technique to show several countries being basically destroyed. I know seeing places I recognized in England really impressed me...even though I found it to be rather stupid how we saw an American family being killed there on holiday. I know you need to appeal to your American audience, Infinity Ward, but the majority of the game was based in USA anyway. As if Modern Warfare 2 didn't get enough audience reaction seeing the White House in ruins. (That being said, love Infinity Ward. The main characters of all their games being English? Who can complain.)
The Grey Wolverine

I personally hate the COD series, and would like to take this time out to say something. In Black Ops 2 you play as Frank Woods from Black Ops 1, and that makes no sense. One, its in like, 2025 or something, and Vietnam happened in the 1960s, so he would be too old for black operations, however I have proof he is still alive, I don't know how but at least its not a gaping plot hole.
Liam

Post by Liam »

He got turned into a cyborg ninja, obviously.
"It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends upon his not understanding it." - Upton Sinclair
Wanderer wrote:You don't need a job, you need money.
The Grey Wolverine

No, bad *smacks* do not compare Metal Gear Solid to Call of Duty.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Clearly he has been augmented. The dude asked for it.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
Randomextra

Post by Randomextra »

The cod franchise, i thought it was fun, the plots were great. I really enjoyed zombies. The multiplayer on the other hand.......now i play infected only.
SirSlappy

Post by SirSlappy »

I'm not a big fan of cod. The only time I play it is when my friend comes round.
[insert witty comment here]
You can PM me if you feel like it.
Nyaliva

Post by Nyaliva »

Same, we play multiplayer and one of us who does nothing but play cod beats us all to a pulp until he gets bored and we change to zombies.
Feel like you need a friend? I'm happy to talk anytime! :D

I'm on DeviantArt now!
Currently working on: "The Warriors" Book
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

I bought SSX yesterday, and it seems to be a pretty cool game so far. I was a little apprehensive about getting it because I was worried it would be too goofy of a game, because that's the way it looked, and even though it's not realistic at all, it's still pretty fun to play. I'm glad I bought it.
I typically like games with a bit of realism, but I also like good arcade games.
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
exranio

Post by exranio »

Most fans are upset it's not goofy enough (me included). It's still good, but there's no characters in any of the characters anymore, they don't talk or have their own style anymore like they used to. Plus a nice bit of the series goofyness is gone. Still good, but not SSX enough.
The Grey Wolverine

So, I was playing Bastion again, and I still love the game. But, I have almost 100% beaten the game, anyone else have Bastion?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The goofiness is why you play SSX!

I really liked Tricky but I felt it went downhill after that.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:So, I was playing Bastion again, and I still love the game. But, I have almost 100% beaten the game, anyone else have Bastion?

No but I REALLY want to get it. Next time I get some Live Points I'll download it.
Sleet wrote:The goofiness is why you play SSX!

I really liked Tricky but I felt it went downhill after that.
I've never played that SSX. Actually the one that I have is the only one I've played.
Sleet wrote: I felt it went downhill after that.
Was the pun intended? Haha
------------------

Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It was not actually!
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Ninja Gaiden 3. I'd just play the demo. DON'T PLAY IT.

I'm playing Binary Domain, too. This is a good game, i suggest to give it a try if you don't already, it's quite underestimated.
My webcomics! Read and subscribe if you like them (or one of them), and don't forget to vote on TopWebComics!

Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Binary Domain? Don't think I've ever heard of it. What's it about?
------------------

FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

_Stu_ wrote:Ninja Gaiden 3. I'd just play the demo. DON'T PLAY IT.
What brought this up? And do you mean the Nintendo version or has the XBox one reached 3 now?
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Inali wrote:Binary Domain? Don't think I've ever heard of it. What's it about?
It looks alright. It's a third person, cover based shooter. It's got squad mechanics too, but if it's anything like Gears you won't need them. I've not played the game to know, but it looks alright. Apparently you shouldn't get it on the PC though, since the controls are terrible.
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Inali wrote:Binary Domain? Don't think I've ever heard of it. What's it about?
It's a third person shooter from the same studio of Yakuza series, directed by Toshihiro Nagoshi. Unfortunately it passed under AAA games like Mass Effect 3 and others, so no one noticed. But it's quite something, really strategic (for example, the enemies are robots, so you can shoot them in the head to make them attack their allies, or in the arms to make them drop their weapons; but there are also squad orders, rpg elements etc). It also have a great plot and splendid cutscenes. There is a demo, but it's not so good. You can try it, but i think it's not so good as the complete game.
FlintTheSquirrel wrote:
What brought this up? And do you mean the Nintendo version or has the XBox one reached 3 now?
Nintendo version was the NDS's? That was good compared to NG3.

How can i say, remember DMC2? Same here. Itagaki's gone from Koei, NG3 is the result. Awful :(

FlintTheSquirrel

I'm sorry, but I can not understand you while you use acronyms.

I was asking if you were talking about Ninja Gaiden on the NES or that new violent one that was created on the Xbox.
It really does not matter.
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:I'm sorry, but I can not understand you while you use acronyms.

I was asking if you were talking about Ninja Gaiden on the NES or that new violent one that was created on the Xbox.
It really does not matter.
Whops, sorry :? acronyms are a bad habit of mine

No i'm talking about Itagaki's reboot on actual consoles. Itagaki made an eccellent work with the first two episodes, but the 3rd episode suffers his absence. The battle system has changed for worst, quick time events and instakills everywhere, it's really good to see, very spectacular, but it lost all the technicality of combats. It's almost like a musou, but at least musous don't care about battle system, they play around other things.

Maybe i'll buy it when it costs ten dollars, i won't deny i had fun with that demo. But it's not Ninja Gaiden reboot anymore.

FlintTheSquirrel

Not sure what you mean by a Reboot.
_Stu_ wrote:instakills everywhere.

This is what Ninja Gaiden is all about, a remake has to get that aspect correct.

To specify, this is what I thought you were talkin about and this is the NES counterpart I had in mind.
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Yeah but that was an arcade. The new Ninja Gaiden is a pure action game, like Devil May Cry or Bayonetta... instant kills (in combos too) are not right, makes the battle system useless. And NG1 and 2 have a great battle system.

Well, reboot is... reboot. The first Ninja Gaiden on xbox is like a new start for the series, not a sequel, that is the meaning of reboot. Like the new Devil May Cry, Castlevania Lords of Shadows, or Silent Hill Shattered Memories.

FlintTheSquirrel

Well I asked you if you were talking about the XBox one, but then you confused me with a whole ton of acronyms. >=/ Ohh wells. The XBox remake I have little interest in. Might get it later, but not to play it.
The Grey Wolverine

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:
The X-Box one reached 3 and man, is it baaaaaad. The story makes less sense than ever before, the action is mindless and repetitive, you get a katana, bow, and shurukins and that's all the gear you get, there is no reason to explore the areas, you get one ninja power, and I think the camera got worse, plus its easy, Ninja Gaiden is supposed to be a hard game, that's what I like about it, but 3 is just mindless and dull.
_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

FlintTheSquirrel wrote:Well I asked you if you were talking about the XBox one, but then you confused me with a whole ton of acronyms. >=/ Ohh wells. The XBox remake I have little interest in. Might get it later, but not to play it.
I said i'm sorry :( but c'mon, i thought it was obvious i was talking about the third episode of the new series. Why should i play NOW the demo of the 3rd episode on NES? I'm not even sure it exists :shock: acronyms makes me easier to repeat the same name a lot of times... i mean, MGS it's obvious means Metal Gear Solid, but is easier. I said Ninja Gaiden 3, so NG3 should mean Ninja Gaiden 3. But whatever i didn't intend to start a topic about this little thing, let us pretend nothing happened :lol:

Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Has anyone reserved any games at GameStop? A few days ago I reserved Dirt: Showdown which comes out the 25th. Plus I reserved a new controller that's supposed to be pretty awesome.
------------------

_Stu_
Banner Artist

Post by _Stu_ »

Inali wrote:Has anyone reserved any games at GameStop? A few days ago I reserved Dirt: Showdown which comes out the 25th. Plus I reserved a new controller that's supposed to be pretty awesome.
The only game i reserved at Gamestop is Deus Ex Human Revolution... because i'm a huge fanboy of Deus Ex, i think is one of the best rpgs i've ever played. And Human Revolution is one of the greatest sequels i could ever ask. Thanks, eidos montreal.

Maybe i'll do the same with Tekken Tag Tournament 2, i can't live without Tekken.