Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

The Grey Wolverine

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

Okay guys, I finally beat Crysis 2, and it is the stupidest game I think I have ever played, without a doubt, my least favorite game of all time. I mean it is so much wasted potential and downright stupidity CENTRAL PARK RISES OUT OF THE GROUND! I wish my copy was physical, that way I could return it and DEMAND a full refund, I mean really, how stupid can you get, plus its a continuation of Crysis Warhead, not Crysis 1, so it is a bit odd and leads to many things never being explained. Plus the suits are symbiotic, HOW DID PROPHET GET IT OFF? I mean really, things like that are actually common, and its really sad. And the whole argument of good graphics, the textures even simple ones take forever to load. It took 30 seconds for a ROOF to load. In short, I'm never playing this game ever again, if you want my advice, stay away from this game, and just get Crysis 1.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Okay guys, I finally beat Crysis 2, and it is the stupidest game I think I have ever played, without a doubt, my least favorite game of all time. I mean it is so much wasted potential and downright stupidity CENTRAL PARK RISES OUT OF THE GROUND! I wish my copy was physical, that way I could return it and DEMAND a full refund, I mean really, how stupid can you get, plus its a continuation of Crysis Warhead, not Crysis 1, so it is a bit odd and leads to many things never being explained. Plus the suits are symbiotic, HOW DID PROPHET GET IT OFF? I mean really, things like that are actually common, and its really sad. And the whole argument of good graphics, the textures even simple ones take forever to load. It took 30 seconds for a ROOF to load. In short, I'm never playing this game ever again, if you want my advice, stay away from this game, and just get Crysis 1.
I'm starting to think you just hate FPS's as a whole.
Sometimes I wish the world would end in 2012
The Grey Wolverine

Actually, there are some I really love, Crysis 1 is a really great game, and Battlefield 3 is decent if I want some decent multiplayer, also I love Metro 2033, Farcry 2 still remains a fun yet very long game, and The Killing Floor is the best co op game I think I have ever played before. But for a genera, I really prefer RPGs. Still, I can seriously love a first person shooter when its giving a nice story, something really creative and new, and good action.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:Actually, there are some I really love, Crysis 1 is a really great game, and Battlefield 3 is decent if I want some decent multiplayer, also I love Metro 2033, Farcry 2 still remains a fun yet very long game, and The Killing Floor is the best co op game I think I have ever played before. But for a genera, I really prefer RPGs. Still, I can seriously love a first person shooter when its giving a nice story, something really creative and new, and good action.
What if the story isn't exactly top notch but the gameplay is very very polished and fun?
The Grey Wolverine

Than I usually can enjoy it for what it is, I can even enjoy not very well done games like Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, its so glitchy :lol: . Basically, I can like it if it plays well, but a decent story is a nice touch.
DismayWolf

Post by DismayWolf »

Recently have been going Retro.........like playing TMNT and Dragon Warrior for Nintendo. Bought Ogre Battle: March of the Black Queen (for Snes) and Donkey Kong Country 2 (for snes) on my wii (cant play Ogre Battle yet until I get a classic controller >.<)
ImageImageImage
The Grey Wolverine

Here is the tetris theme
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmCCQxVBfyM
Totally relevant. Relayed note, if you can find it get the half Life 2 soundtrack, it just sounds epic.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I just finished %100'ing Sonic Generations, feels good.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Assassin's Creed 3. New trailer looks good.

the trailer

I saw the Union flag of Great Britain, and began to smile. I thought it was the Union Jack at first, and seeing the snow wondered when it could've been set. A war that Britain had which involved cold weather... I assumed Victorian era somewhere, perhaps near Ben Nevis (assuming you travelled all across the UK). I wasn't certain where 'Mohawk' was, and probably wasn't thinking since I knew Victorian era was after 1777.

Upon seeing the Assassin with a tomohawk, I begin to think "he's an indian...?". Then I see the soilders dressed in red, and look down. It's the American revolution. I've fought against the English before in the crusades from the first game, but they weren't the main bad guy. Heck, I was rather giggly when I fought past the English soldiers as Altair, before warning King Richard I of a traitor in the midst.

But, I doubt this game will take the same path as that. Either way, it does answer a question I've had for a long time. "What do Germans think when they play Medal of Honour or the older Call of Duty games?" If they think anything like me, it'll be like a comment on the top of the trailer when I saw it.

"I wouldnt want to be killing my fellow country men either..."

That being said, the assassin looks like an Indian. Even though the trailer shows him killing mainly British soldiers, I'm not giving up the chance that he might attack both sides of the battle. Who knows, Ubisoft must realise a lot of their market comes from the other English speaking country (that doesn't normally release games months later. Sorry Australia, you know I love you anyway). They'd probably lose a fair amount of sales by alienating the English as the sole bad guys.

I've just seen a picture of the new protagonist 'Connor' standing in front of the American flag. Game's ruined for me.
NogitsuneGabriel

Post by NogitsuneGabriel »

Since Assassin's Creed III takes place in history we already know the outcome of the American Revolution. But the protagonist, Connor, is also half-Mohawk so we can't assume all colonists will be allies.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Somebody should make a game about the War Of 1812.
It'd be real intense. ⊥

I'm not familiar with the series, but would it be out of the question for them to change history in such a major way as changing the outcome of a war?
Image Image
ZambieHugger

Post by ZambieHugger »

On a random note I'm not a big fan of MW3...I get you'll all go "WHAT!?!" But c'mon people, nobody wants to play a game you can't have fun in because there is a camper for every corner!
I live in a world managed by children, whenever they don't get what they want, they yell and scream.
Insanity is just a name, crazy a color, and psychopaths a person.
Secretly...I am Batman.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I'm not excited in the least for Assassin's Creed III. After playing Revelations and being severely disappointed I'm not exactly jumping for yet another game within a year of the last. They should seriously take a few years to actually make some improvements to the game instead if just adding a few weapons and changing locale.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I don't think many of us are big fans of MW3 Zombie.

Anyway, I've always enjoyed all the Assassin's Creed series, even revelations. Still, I was really hoping for an Asian game more then anything else...maybe a modern day game finally, since it is 2012. (if you don't know, Assassin's Creed is about Desmond living the lives of his ancestors through his DNA. He is doing this in the year 2012. So, it is now a modern day game.)
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

I think the premise of ACIII is interesting enough, there haven't been many videogames that have explored the American Revolution/Post-American Revolution. It'd be intriguing to see where they would go with it.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

I really dislike the idea of playing a game which involves fighting against my country. If it's online, I'd be okay since it's not an entire story. For now, I won't be buying the game for that sole reason.

Hopefully the game turns more into a feeling like Assassin's Creed I, as I said earlier.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

44R0NM10 wrote:I really dislike the idea of playing a game which involves fighting against my country. If it's online, I'd be okay since it's not an entire story. For now, I won't be buying the game for that sole reason.

Hopefully the game turns more into a feeling like Assassin's Creed I, as I said earlier.
How do you know you'll be fighting against the Redcoats though? In ever game up to this point the Assassin's have been neutral when it comes to wars.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

that's what I thought, honestly. Although, I saw this picture and it's kinda got me assuming the worst.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

44R0NM10 wrote:that's what I thought, honestly. Although, I saw this picture and it's kinda got me assuming the worst.
Their motivation behind putting the flag behind him was probably to show the time period and area the game is set in more than anything.

Also, I find it a little silly that you wouldn't want to buy the game just because you may have to battle against soldiers of Great Britain. Would you buy it if you were only assassinating Americans? Or what if it was set earlier and you were to attack the Huns, or maybe an Asian country, would you buy it then?
Coatl_Ruu

Post by Coatl_Ruu »

CaptainPea wrote:Somebody should make a game about the War Of 1812.
It'd be real intense. ⊥
... Actually, I might like to see that. There really aren't many games set in that period. At all. Maybe for good reason, but it would make for a good challenge to see if you could get an interesting game out of that.

Also. Why should World War Two get all the attention? World War One, the Napoleonic Wars ... at least go for a little variety! "Oh look, it's WWII shooter number eleventy-twelve." Heck, I would buy a World War One game just to get away from the "herp-derp go kill Nazis" premise.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Dubiousity wrote:
44R0NM10 wrote:that's what I thought, honestly. Although, I saw this picture and it's kinda got me assuming the worst.
Their motivation behind putting the flag behind him was probably to show the time period and area the game is set in more than anything.

Also, I find it a little silly that you wouldn't want to buy the game just because you may have to battle against soldiers of Great Britain. Would you buy it if you were only assassinating Americans? Or what if it was set earlier and you were to attack the Huns, or maybe an Asian country, would you buy it then?
Let's just say I dislike the idea of fighting against my country. I'd happily buy it to fight any other country though. I'm fairly certain a lot of us would prefer to fight any other country then our own.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

44R0NM10 wrote:
Dubiousity wrote:

Let's just say I dislike the idea of fighting against my country. I'd happily buy it to fight any other country though. I'm fairly certain a lot of us would prefer to fight any other country then our own.
I couldn't care less either way.
44R0NM10
Former Mod of the Aura

Post by 44R0NM10 »

Anyway, I guess people use World War 2 since it's the most recent war that's certain not to hurt people. At the moment, the best war game pre-World War 2 seems to be 'The Romance of the 3 Kingdoms'. AKA, Dynasty Warriors.

Besides, who needs real games when you can have fantasy war games! As Yahtzee once said: "The problem with World War 2 games is that everyone knows the outcome." :P
The Grey Wolverine

44R0NM10 wrote:Let's just say I dislike the idea of fighting against my country. I'd happily buy it to fight any other country though. I'm fairly certain a lot of us would prefer to fight any other country then our own.
I can understand that, but I always found the idea sort of, well, foolish. I don't get it, and I never have understood it. Maybe its because my friend Nick refused to play Call of Duty World at War online 50% of the time because since his family is Polish, he didn't want to play as a Nazi (keep in mind his family was in the U.S during WWII). I can understand this, who really wants to fight against their country right? But, well, its a videogame. That's like saying you hate Deus Ex Human Revolution because you hate Detroit, I think if the game is more than just "DOWN WITH *insert country here" Than I really don't see it as a major thing, unless you are playing as a Nazi.
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

44R0NM10 wrote: Posted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:20 pm
No wrong
*spritz bottle at forum code*
44R0NM10 wrote:
Dubiousity wrote:

This is an interesting experiment actually.

I thought about it, and realized two things-
1. If I were playing an American Revolutionary War game that made me play as a redcoat, I probably would be off-put by the idea of having to fight against what would later become my own country.
2. If I were playing an American Revolutionary War game that gave me a choice of either side to pick, I'd probably choose to be English just for the heck of it.

I dunno, maybe that's just me.
Image Image
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

So I decided to pop in Halo Reach to play a little multiplayer for the first time since October, and I'm starting to think it's impossible for me to get rusty. I jumped right in and I've won every single match I've played.

Come to think of it, for quite a few other games after I've taken long breaks from them I've never had that much trouble playing it again.

Huh.
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

I'm just waiting for spring break so I can actually relax without worrying about studying and play some videogames.
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Wanderer wrote:I'm just waiting for spring break so I can actually relax without worrying about studying and play some videogames.
What do you plan on playing?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I said the same thing about my spring break. I was going to play Super Mario RPG.

Then I had a book to read and a ten page paper and had to visit my grandma in the hospital every day.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Just to touch on the sentiment expressed about not wanting to "fight against your own country" in a video game, I have to agree with Wolverine that it's a bit silly. Especially because the country in question is only being portrayed as the "villains" because, in that period of history, that's basically what they were. They were the antagonist to America's protagon... ism?

Obviously, it's a more complex issue than that, but I doubt the game is going to try to paint it as any less involved than it really was. The AC series has always been one that's based heavily in historical events, and if you don't like the idea of participating in a time when your home country was the "bad guy" enough to boycott purchasing the game, then I think you're being awfully selfish.

With that said, my primary problem when I first saw the trailers and articles on the game, one thing that struck me as odd is that the main character is (half) Native American. And he's fighting alongside the Americans (who relatively recently killed off a ton of his people and drove them out of their homelands). I mean, is his loyalty to the Brotherhood stronger than the loyalty he has to his own people?
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

KJOokami wrote:With that said, my primary problem when I first saw the trailers and articles on the game, one thing that struck me as odd is that the main character is (half) Native American. And he's fighting alongside the Americans (who relatively recently killed off a ton of his people and drove them out of their homelands). I mean, is his loyalty to the Brotherhood stronger than the loyalty he has to his own people?
If I'm not mistaken the "driving Native-Americans out of their home" period didn't really begin until American started to expand after the Revolutionary War (I could be wrong though). Like in all other games I'm gonna assume that the main character is politically neutral.

I would assume that his loyalty to the Brotherhood is stronger yes, considering the Assassin's are also 'his people' and if he is loyal then he will be staying true to the creed.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

I finally got Xbox live! My gamer tag is InaliFox93. Look me up and we'll play somthin'!
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
The Grey Wolverine

Dubiousity wrote:
KJOokami wrote:With that said, my primary problem when I first saw the trailers and articles on the game, one thing that struck me as odd is that the main character is (half) Native American. And he's fighting alongside the Americans (who relatively recently killed off a ton of his people and drove them out of their homelands). I mean, is his loyalty to the Brotherhood stronger than the loyalty he has to his own people?
If I'm not mistaken the "driving Native-Americans out of their home" period didn't really begin until American started to expand after the Revolutionary War (I could be wrong though). Like in all other games I'm gonna assume that the main character is politically neutral.

I would assume that his loyalty to the Brotherhood is stronger yes, considering the Assassin's are also 'his people' and if he is loyal then he will be staying true to the creed.
Look man, that's a whole CAN of worms you don't want to open.
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

I find it odd when I have a deep investmant in a game I don't, and probably never will, own.

Case in point, Devil Survivor 2.
Love it, but probably won't ever get it.
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Want it, but can't afford it. Also my laptop sucks XD
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Hey, that's right before my graduation! So I'll have a new computer (my grandma buys her grandkits computers when they graduate from high school or, if they're going to get a higher degree, which I am, college) and some time to play it!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Dubiousity

Post by Dubiousity »

Sleet wrote:Hey, that's right before my graduation! So I'll have a new computer (my grandma buys her grandkits computers when they graduate from high school or, if they're going to get a higher degree, which I am, college) and some time to play it!
Well aren't you the lucky one :/
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

Sleet wrote:Hey, that's right before my graduation! So I'll have a new computer (my grandma buys her grandkits computers when they graduate from high school or, if they're going to get a higher degree, which I am, college) and some time to play it!
Well I'm glad you'll have something to break up the soul crushing monotony of the rat race :P

I've never played Diablo and always saw it as kind of a dungeon crawler (which I avoid like the plague)
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Seth wrote:
Well I'm glad you'll have something to break up the soul crushing monotony of the rat race :P

I've never played Diablo and always saw it as kind of a dungeon crawler (which I avoid like the plague)
You mean a career I enjoy studying a subject I find interesting?

Diablo isn't a dungeon crawler. It's the dungeon crawler.