Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

The Grey Wolverine

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

I like how Luigi's Manson is finally getting the respect it deserves, its a good game, a bit tedious sure, but good.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Because now that we've had our fix of good modern Mario, we don't care that the Gamecube launched without a proper Mario platformer and can realize that Luigi's Mansion rocked. And we can all be excited for the sequel.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Construction Boots

Post by Construction Boots »

Today I started on Assassin's Creed Revelations and so far I'm enjoying it. I've been able to reach a 100% on each challenge which they have not been all that hard in the first place. As for the weapons my tried and true favorites have made their return to the field. Not sure about the online play but I got a head set and may just jump on and give it a shot.
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Widget's stats: S- 4, P- 4, E- 8, C- 4, I- 5, A- 10, L- 7

Inky's stats: S- 6, P- 5, E- 4, C- 6, I- 6, A- 7, L- 8
Randomextra

Post by Randomextra »

Tried online its fun, alittle different than brotherhood. Still good to bad i cant be doctor no more -_-.
Alastair

Post by Alastair »

Construction Boots wrote:Today I started on Assassin's Creed Revelations and so far I'm enjoying it. I've been able to reach a 100% on each challenge which they have not been all that hard in the first place. As for the weapons my tried and true favorites have made their return to the field. Not sure about the online play but I got a head set and may just jump on and give it a shot.
There's a guy at work that is a HUGE fan of that game. He has the replica suit that Ezio wears, plus he made the hidden sleeve knife mechanism out of just a few materials. He's going to show it to me sometime.

Oh, and I was thinking about getting Portal. Anyone play that game often?
Life is Music, and Music is Life
------------------
My songs: http://www.soundcloud.com/onevirtue

Check out my FA page too!
The Grey Wolverine

Love both Portal games.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
CaptainPea
Extremerator

Post by CaptainPea »

Inali wrote:Oh, and I was thinking about getting Portal. Anyone play that game often?
I got it for free during one Steam's bizarre giveaways like the filthy cheapskate I am

I don't play it often, since I've finished the main game (and can only make a few seconds worth of progress in an hour in advanced chamber 18), but I have played it and it's quite good. It appears to be 10 dollars at the moment, and I'd say it's certainly worth that.
Image Image
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Portal is a fantastic, groundbreaking game that will be required playing in video game history classes once that's actually a thing. Play it.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Yeah Portal is a great game. But its relatively old, make sure you get it in a bundle or a discount or something, paying the full price now is in my opinion, not worth it. Or you can get it for free, not that hard to find online.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

Speaking of videogames, I got Catherine yesterday. It's a beautiful game (that's M for a reason) that's made by Atlus (the people who made Trauma Center and the Shin Megami Tensei games) that revolves around one man named Vincent that's been doomed to a life of dreams where he can actually die. On top of that, he's torn between his girlfriend Katherine and an accidental addition whose name is Catherine. Though it's actually a puzzle game where you have to pull blocks and climb towers to get anywhere. X3
It's really fun and some of the music is remixes of classical songs that are turned pure awesome. I recommend it.

...That has to be the longest description of a game I've ever given. Holy cow.
The Grey Wolverine

Sleet wrote:Portal is a fantastic, groundbreaking game that will be required playing in video game history classes once that's actually a thing. Play it.
I'm going to become a professor of videogame history now.

So, what do you guys think of Deus Ex: Human Revolution? Personally, I love it. Its tough, but fair, you need to think things through instead of blindly going murder crazy. The stealth is good, the progression feels satisfying, the story is great, but I have two complaints. The AI is dirt stupid, and the boss battles are incredibly tough. Otherwise, I think its a really complete game with a nice challenge to it.
Construction Boots

I have both portal games and enjoy them both but I've had trouble with the two play levels.

As for Deus Ex got that as well and I crush it like a bug. Followed the stealth path all the way through with some strength and robotics.
Ok so I'm secretly a mouse who lives in a boot. What you have never seen rescue rangers before?

Beagle

Post by Beagle »

Skyward Sword is now officially one of my favorite video games. I recently got Twilight Princess (the Wii version) earlier this week, but I haven't had any time to play it yet.

Also. I want to play Portal and Skyrim SO BAD.
Let me tell you about Homestuck.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Beagle wrote:Skyward Sword is now officially one of my favorite video games. I recently got Twilight Princess (the Wii version) earlier this week, but I haven't had any time to play it yet.

Also. I want to play Portal and Skyrim SO BAD.
Skyward Sword is so good. I'm not even a huge Zelda person and I love it!
The Grey Wolverine

My biggest regret this year ATM is not playing Skyward Sword more.
ctcmjh

Post by ctcmjh »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:My biggest regret this year ATM is not playing Skyward Sword more.
Same.

Also, some of my coworkers play Monster Hunter Tri online with each other all the time. So I'm trying to get better at the game so I can play with them without dying horribly.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

Replayed Mass Effect 2 and got the best ending I could so i'm all ready in 30 days when ME3 hits.
Construction Boots

Well so far Assassin's Creed Revelations doesn't seem to be as long as past AC games. It has filled in a couple of the gaps in the story so hopefully it will end on a high note.

The Grey Wolverine

Foxstar wrote:Replayed Mass Effect 2 and got the best ending I could so i'm all ready in 30 days when ME3 hits.
I seem to be one of the only people who doesn't care for Mass Effect, I like science fiction, but ME just didn't do it for me.
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:
Foxstar wrote:Replayed Mass Effect 2 and got the best ending I could so i'm all ready in 30 days when ME3 hits.
I seem to be one of the only people who doesn't care for Mass Effect, I like science fiction, but ME just didn't do it for me.
It's not for everyone. It's very content heavy for one and if you don't spend time reading the codex in both games, you'll miss a lot of lore.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
Randomextra

Post by Randomextra »

I want it. Its for pc right?
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

It looks like Minecraft!
Nurematsu Zenpaw

Post by Nurematsu Zenpaw »

It's early to be thinking about it, but I'm pretty anxious to see what Nintendo will show for the 3DS and WiiU (or whatever they're going to change the name to). They better have another 3DS model in the works. That's the only reason I'm waiting to pick one up. If the DS/DS Lite scenario happens again, I'll be more than willing to wait. (It better have a second analog stick built in... the dual stick pro attachment looks so awkward and off-balance)
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Started tetris again...
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
;( I thought I finally quit
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Nurematsu Zenpaw wrote:It's early to be thinking about it, but I'm pretty anxious to see what Nintendo will show for the 3DS and WiiU (or whatever they're going to change the name to). They better have another 3DS model in the works. That's the only reason I'm waiting to pick one up. If the DS/DS Lite scenario happens again, I'll be more than willing to wait. (It better have a second analog stick built in... the dual stick pro attachment looks so awkward and off-balance)
I'm skeptical yet hopeful about the Wii U. It doesn't really appeal to me much, but I know I won't want to be without Nintendo's games. They're just too good!
The Grey Wolverine

Alright guys, so I traded in my old PSP and my games to put money down on the Vita and that Uncharted game, and after I finish my taxes (yes I do my own taxes) I should have enough to get both on launch day :D
Nurematsu Zenpaw

With news about Nintendo's new online system, I'm interested in the direction they're going to go with WiiU. From the sounds of it, it will run with user accounts (multiple accounts can be on one system). This is exactly what I was hoping would happen. Maybe that will fix the problem of keeping and transferring multiple downloadable games between systems, especially if one gets damaged or suddenly stops working.
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Sleet wrote:It looks like Minecraft!
Was this an intentional usage of irony? Just out of curiosity.
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Well I mostly wanted to be told if it was Minecraft-like or it just looked that way.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

To me, it actually looks like a 3-dimentional version of "3-D Dot Game Heros". It does look like something I would like to play with the members of the forums if it were multiplayed. Any idea when it will be released, and if ya have to pay?
KJOokami

Post by KJOokami »

Sleet wrote:Well I mostly wanted to be told if it was Minecraft-like or it just looked that way.
I was just wondering because there's a pretty substantial "controversy" behind the creation of Minecraft, which drew HEAVY inspiration from a game that was in the works for about a month before Notch started work on MC, called Infiniminer. Notch himself has admitted on multiple occasions that he got the main idea for Minecraft (that being the open world, sandbox, blocky-styled gameplay that MC is now famous for) from that game, but a lot of people still don't feel like proper credit's been given to what would have been MC's predecessor and that a lot of the "innovation" of MC is just a rip-off of Infiniminer.

So, whenever someone calls something a Minecraft "rip-off" or "look-alike", all the "hipster nerds" jump on them and start saying that MC is just a "rip-off" or "look-alike" of Infiniminer.

I wasn't sure if you knew about that, so I wasn't sure if that might've been an ironic statement about all the people who declare blocky-styled games as MC-clones, when in reality, MC itself is a partial clone of a previous (almost) game.

So... yeah. I hope that's not too muddled. I swear I have a point in there somewhere! >.<
"When you're falling in a forest and there's nobody around,
do you ever really crash or even make a sound?"
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

So hyped for this coming out this month!
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

KalloonWhite wrote:*picture*
So hyped for this coming out this month!
...That looks like 7/28/2012 to me. O_o
Dissension

Post by Dissension »

Hausphox, that date is clearly 2011.7.28, where are you getting 2012? x3

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

I did not focus on the year at all. XD
Confusion averted. X3
The Grey Wolverine

Hey guys, I got The Killing Floor recently, I was wondering if anyone wanted to pay sometime?
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Ooh I heard some good things about that game, but I can't spend any more money right now. :I

Its tetris... FROM POLAND!
http://tetrisonline.pl/
Its pretty fun with single and multiplayer, completely free too.
It would also be really fun to have some people in the forum play online.

(Its not advertising I'm not getting paid for this, I just want people to play)
Nurematsu Zenpaw

I got the sudden urge to finish Half-Life and Half-Life 2... I just don't have the spare time to do it :(
Construction Boots

So I'm taking a break from Assassin's creed and playing Alice return to Maddness. So it's not that bad a game it's very dark.