Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

The Grey Wolverine

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

I think its because it challenges you instead of making you an omnipotent godlike fighter, you need to use all the skills and gadgets to play well, unlike Metroid or Zelda where you use the most recent item to destroy everything. Also I know who unknown is from the side quest Watcher in the Wings, its not a spoiler either. He's called the Phantasm and he appeared in a movie called Batmen: Mask of the Phantasm. The way I knew it was him was the smoke.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Jesse James

Post by Jesse James »

That's the one thing that Zelda disappoints me with.

The ancient spinning top of death could have been used so much more in TP. lol

I want Arkham City, but haven't been motivated to get it since I want Uncharted 3 and Skyward Sword more. In fact, I still haven't gotten Star Fox 3D yet.

Waaaaaay too many good games coming out this holiday season imo.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

It's ALWAYS that way. They just KNOW what to release and when. >.<
The Grey Wolverine

My plan is to get these games, and thats really it.
The Elder Scrolls V Skyrim
Battlefield 3 for some multiplayer fun. Thinking of which, when I do end up getting it, anyone want to play some time?
aaaaaaaaaand Farcry 3 because I have loved the series since FC1. I am happy to see they are bringing it back to the environment of the first three games, and it sort of reminds me of the Instinct sub series since its just so brutal.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

If you get BF3 for the 360, then yes, I'd love to.

Skyward Sword looks awesome. And I have to get a 3DS, they're porting Tales of the Abyss to it and nuh-uh, no way am I missing out.
The Grey Wolverine

Conveniently I DO have a 360.
Jesse James

Post by Jesse James »

I always confuses me as to which console I should get multiplats on, so occasionally I just choose both. ;___;

How could I forget about Skyrim?

imo it'll be GotY, assuming it lives up to its hype.
The Grey Wolverine

Based off New Vegas, it may not be as great as Oblivion, hell think about it, it has to live up to OBLIVION. But I think based off what I have see so far, they are doing things right.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

I bought inMomentum on steam like, an hour ago, and I must say I'm quite impressed
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW
exranio

Post by exranio »

Twilight Sparkle: Fighting is magic Trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxFnpBh22Sg
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
redmarker97

Post by redmarker97 »

The Grey Wolverine wrote: Battlefield 3 for some multiplayer fun.
Protip: Do the Co-Op for epic prophet.
You can get the G3, MP412 REX, MP7, SiG553, and some others from it. Just, the sniper co-op mission is a bear, and I still haven't completed it.

Also, I adore the newer helicopter controls. No more of that spinning-helicopter of death stuff, and, the jets are amazing.
Psykeout wrote:
redmarker97 wrote:WMD's.
Waterballoons of Mass Drenching.
Echo of Eden(Over XBL): "3 Kill Streak! Ford Pinto is read for combat!"
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

redmarker97 wrote:
You can get the G3, MP412 REX, MP7, SiG553, and some others from it. Just, the sniper co-op mission is a bear, and I still haven't completed it.

Also, I adore the newer helicopter controls. No more of that spinning-helicopter of death stuff, and, the jets are amazing.
I can't fly the helicopter for crap .______.
I prefer ground combat ^_^"
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!
redmarker97

Post by redmarker97 »

It takes some practice, and some serious coordination. But once you do, its an extremely rewarding thing. 'Took out a jet to get my IR flares using the Hydra-70 rockets on one.
Psykeout wrote:
redmarker97 wrote:WMD's.
Waterballoons of Mass Drenching.
Echo of Eden(Over XBL): "3 Kill Streak! Ford Pinto is read for combat!"
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Should've pointed this out a few days ago, considering the Planetside 2 crave bug i been in, but if you're talking about Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty, i highly suggest you guys keep your eyes and ears open for Planetside 2. Compared to those two games, Planetside 2 will have a few things: MMOFPSing and 3 armies fighting all day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmWOBOCHXss

The Terran Republin foot soldier designs are shown now. These guys are the bread and butter army that prefer the traditional approach: More bullets, more shooting, more deaths. The backstory is these guys are Earth's united nations combined into one through a strict morality where 'nobody is above the law' and therefore Earth has had peace for over 2 generations.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Foxstar
BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU

Post by Foxstar »

angelusbr wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Ooo! A Digimon MMORPG! A free game like the previous, but with more grinding and much better graphics and Digimon!

http://www.joymax.com/dmo/Property_Fron ... eMain.aspx

Yeeeeeeeees!
does this game have shoutmon?
It's supposed to not be very good and the translation efforts were meh at best.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Foxstar wrote:Tt's supposed to not be very good and the translation efforts were meh at best.
I won't deny the translations are horrible, but the game's graphics and music are impressive. I could fight all day in this game with a guild if i wanted. Sure, it's got nothing but grinding and you want to grind to find certain Digimon to own, but the game for the most part does decently well with the grinding portion of it. Give it a shot if you're into Grinding for Digimon!
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

GameCobra wrote:
Foxstar wrote:Tt's supposed to not be very good and the translation efforts were meh at best.
I won't deny the translations are horrible, but the game's graphics and music are impressive. I could fight all day in this game with a guild if i wanted. Sure, it's got nothing but grinding and you want to grind to find certain Digimon to own, but the game for the most part does decently well with the grinding portion of it. Give it a shot if you're into Grinding for Digimon!
I burned out on grinding for Digimon with the DS games, And I had forgotten this was a Korean born MMO, which means it's a grindfest above all grindfests. Plus the Pay2Win part irks me. But given that Namco Bandai hasn't done anything viable with Digimon in years other then lukewarm RPG's, I may have to give this a shot to sate my Digimon itch. Maybe..there's too much else out there to play right now and I've got Skyrim in a week.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Foxstar wrote:I burned out on grinding for Digimon with the DS games, And I had forgotten this was a Korean born MMO, which means it's a grindfest above all grindfests. Plus the Pay2Win part irks me. But given that Namco Bandai hasn't done anything viable with Digimon in years other then lukewarm RPG's, I may have to give this a shot to sate my Digimon itch. Maybe..there's too much else out there to play right now and I've got Skyrim in a week.
You don't necessarily have to P2W, but the stuff that you need to speed up the process of grinding are certainly there. Obvious example is Impmon.

I just don't know why Bandai never stuck with the original game formula to begin with and just advertised it more. The original was always the best in my opinion. Not that it was bad, it just felt silly to change the formula when it was already a great game to begin with.
Foxstar

Post by Foxstar »

GameCobra wrote:
Foxstar wrote:I burned out on grinding for Digimon with the DS games, And I had forgotten this was a Korean born MMO, which means it's a grindfest above all grindfests. Plus the Pay2Win part irks me. But given that Namco Bandai hasn't done anything viable with Digimon in years other then lukewarm RPG's, I may have to give this a shot to sate my Digimon itch. Maybe..there's too much else out there to play right now and I've got Skyrim in a week.
You don't necessarily have to P2W, but the stuff that you need to speed up the process of grinding are certainly there. Obvious example is Impmon.

I just don't know why Bandai never stuck with the original game formula to begin with and just advertised it more. The original was always the best in my opinion. Not that it was bad, it just felt silly to change the formula when it was already a great game to begin with.
They should have just outright copied Pokemon Red and Blue and the game would have been lightyears better then anything they've put out over the years.
The Grey Wolverine

redmarker97 wrote:

Why do I care about the aircraft? Its just a useless addition as far as I'm concerned. Ill stick with no vehicles.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Becuase aircraft provides an important aerial superiority over the enemy. It forces them to scatter or relocate into buildings becuase you have free range over them, which makes it much easier for ground units to get inside the enemy base. Amongst the other benefits of having helicopters.

You can call it alot of things ,but it's anything but a "useless add on"

... we are talking about battle field right?
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
FowlJ

Post by FowlJ »

My (limited) experience with Battlefield:

Vehicles are very important from a tactical standpoint, but not really my interest; I like to stick with infantry combat. Now, I haven't played BF3 yet, so I don't know if they handle differently or whatever, but in previous games I've always been an infantry guy.
The Grey Wolverine

exranio wrote:Becuase aircraft provides an important aerial superiority over the enemy. It forces them to scatter or relocate into buildings becuase you have free range over them, which makes it much easier for ground units to get inside the enemy base. Amongst the other benefits of having helicopters.

You can call it alot of things ,but it's anything but a "useless add on"

... we are talking about battle field right?
I just never used vehicles in any Battlefield games, I'v played BF2, both of the bad company games, and 1943. I just never found the vehicles to be of any use to me.
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

SONIC GENERATIONS *squees*

EXUSE ME WHILE I SLIDE DOWN MASSIVE HILLS ON A PEICE OF METAL WHILE LISTENING TO CRUSH 40!

Rolling around at the speed of sound, got places to gotta follow my Rainbow~
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

zeldakeeper wrote:SONIC GENERATIONS *squees*

EXUSE ME WHILE I SLIDE DOWN MASSIVE HILLS ON A PEICE OF METAL WHILE LISTENING TO CRUSH 40!

I LOVE THEIR SONGS they go great with the sonic games!
City escape was great!
To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

TensaZangetsu wrote:
zeldakeeper wrote:SONIC GENERATIONS *squees*

I LOVE THEIR SONGS they go great with the sonic games!
City escape was great!
During the Shadow boss fight they play "live and learn" as well as "All hail Shadow". Have you heard the hub world version of City Escape? My faith in all sonic games were restored becaise of that.
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

I havent played generations yet... Darn it I wanna play it so badly!
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

TensaZangetsu wrote:I havent played generations yet... Darn it I wanna play it so badly!
I'm rather critical of sonic games mainly because of the terrible writing and '06. But surprisingly Crisis city was really fun to play and the writers are genius! But I still want Shadow to crawl into a tiny hole and never come out again...

The only level I had a problem with was Classic Wisp's world. YOU REALLY SHOULD GET THE GAME JUST SO YOU CAN HEAR THE CITY ESCAPE HUB WORLD REMIX.
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

I can go to YouTube. It's proabably already there. Stuff goes around the Internet very fast.
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

TensaZangetsu wrote:I can go to YouTube. It's proabably already there. Stuff goes around the Internet very fast.
Nuuu! Don't spoil it for yourself!
TensaZangetsu

Post by TensaZangetsu »

Uhh okay.
(that matched my avatars expression!)
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

Have You Heard the modern version of Rooftop Run, so Awesome!
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Got off early from work tonight to try to pick up Modern Warfare for my brother, and there's over 500 people in line-up an hour beforehand...

I had to go home, but holy crap. That's a bigger line-up than WoW.

On the bright side, the WoW line-up had people cost playing as Draenei and Night Elves :)
SteppedInSomething

Post by SteppedInSomething »

GameCobra wrote:Got off early from work tonight to try to pick up Modern Warfare for my brother, and there's over 500 people in line-up an hour beforehand...

On the bright side, the WoW line-up had people cost playing as Draenei and Night Elves :)
I've always had a hard time getting into that game series. Maybe it's from being raised on a steady diet of Half Life and Goldeneye.
Do you need any funny facebook statuses or dad jokes ?
Seth
Moshpit Addict

Post by Seth »

My roommate is buying elder scrolls 5
so I ge to try it out without paying for it!
I think in Non-sequiturs

"I told you not to put metal in the science oven! What'd you do that for?"

Trash boiz
FowlJ

Post by FowlJ »

SteppedInSomething wrote:
GameCobra wrote:Got off early from work tonight to try to pick up Modern Warfare for my brother, and there's over 500 people in line-up an hour beforehand...

I've always had a hard time getting into that game series. Maybe it's from being raised on a steady diet of Half Life and Goldeneye.
Or the fact that every Call of Duty game has been riddled with bugs, and its fanbase is composed of immature children who will break the game for no reason other than to win?
FowlJ

Post by FowlJ »

Seth wrote:My roommate is buying elder scrolls 5
so I ge to try it out without paying for it!
It's awesome - I watched the first hour from someone with a review copy.
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Hey have any of you played Xenoblade *trollface* It's amazing *laughs*
The Grey Wolverine

Alright guys I'm going to the midnight release of Skyrim soon. Should be cool.
Russiarules1
Location: By Strawberry Fields, on a flying Yellow Submarine, eating muffins.

Post by Russiarules1 »

Hey, uh, am I the only one who can't connect to Little Big Planet?
Doing dumb things is what makes us normal humans.
Made by Alex M. Spasibo!
CCCP

Today's World Domination Is Provided By: Ponies
OBEY THE FRIENDSHIP
Vote for TOBUSCUS!!!