Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Dissension

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by Dissension »

Sleet wrote:Mine was Super Mario Bros. on the NES.
This was my first console game, but I was into arcade games before that. x3

people are the only things that matter; take care of yourselves and each other
exranio

Post by exranio »

How do you guys recomend we stream computer games. Dokota was playing Castlevania a while ago and streamed it while me and Cod talked to him through skype. We tried to do a Let's play type thing, but my voice lagged in the stream by a lot.How do you recomend we do this.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

I would suggest using Livestream and using a voice program besides Skype. You're going to get voice lag because of the way streaming works. People watching the stream (including you) are already behind the streamer because his computer has to parse and send video/sound to the stream provider's servers. The servers then need to buffer the incoming data at a steady rate and then send it to viewers. You're comments are already far behind (in computer terms) the streamer's actions. Then your comment needs to be sent to a voice server and then to the streamer. Then finally your voice is buffered and sent as the streamer receives it.

The biggest suggestion is finding a vent or a mumble server for voice chat. Skype in it's design is inherently laggy and slow. The programs I mentioned are better suited to faster voice send/receive time. No matter what though, you're going to get some voice lag.
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Wait, I thought Cream was a pacifist. What is she doing in a fighting game?
She is, and, funnily enough, that's explored in one of the game's storylines! XD

I think the best way to explain it is a video of gameplay... hmm... Ah, here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSr6Hu1q ... re=related
Retired RP Character List (Sorry guys)
Richardson Valley: Venison and Ochen
Brookshire Meadows: Trinket
Oasis Towers: Jaxeh and Klack
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ah, so it's kind of like 3D but not too much in the y-axis. Seems interesting, though I find it amusing that a game famous for its 2D entries is being turned into a predominantly 2D genre but is 3D. *giggles*

So how do they explain why Cream fights?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

I'm kinda happy that quite a few of the members here play osu, even those I never expected would play it! XD
Sadly, so far only me and NickCole can play Taiko mode... *bricked*

Applegate Appearance Cheat Sheet

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Demon's Crest

Starring Firebrand. the idea of a game where you could fly infinitely? The absurdedness!

Oh, and the fact Capcom made a Castlevania-like game was fun indeed. music was awesome.
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

There are two old Castlevania games I'd like to own again.

First and foremost, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night. It was the first one I ever owned, and I never had the chance to beat it before it became unusable. An unopened, new CD of this game sells on Ebay for about $60-300CAD... $60 is far, since their asking $30 and it's a little bit more to have it shipped. Anyone asking more then $90 is wasting there time, it won't sell for that high a price.

The second one I'd like to own, because it steered away from Alucard, and the Belmonts, is Castlevania: Curse of Darkness. This one was good on the level of beign able to create your weapons from various materials you found. You also gained several summon companions, each would evolve and morph into something different depending on what type of weapon you used. Ex. Fist, Spear, Sword, Special. And each one had it's own purposes outside of fighting too. Fairy for healing and breaking locks, Golem for defense and breaking walls, Bird to jump great distances, and Devil for slipping through shadows and using sneak attacks!

I'd have to say, I'd like Curse of Darkness more though for the weapon making factor. There were a lot of Eastereggs if you used rare materials properly. I made a spiked shield, an electric Guitar, bat with nails, a broom even! The thing with rare materials is, you only get them once... you use it, and you're stuck with that weapon.

Oooo... I can't wait to play them again, if ever.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Sleet wrote:Ah, so it's kind of like 3D but not too much in the y-axis. Seems interesting, though I find it amusing that a game famous for its 2D entries is being turned into a predominantly 2D genre but is 3D. *giggles*

So how do they explain why Cream fights?
Ah, spoilers. Basically, the game runs though the story by playing different characters, interacting with this one robot, named Emerl, made for fighting. Cream is one of those characters!

To explain why she fights...

She and Emerl get trapped by Eggman, and are in one of his facilities. They can't escape because a different E102 Gamma that serves Eggman is guarding the exit. At first, Emerl tries to fight the way out, as Cream stands by, refusing to fight. Emerl tries to get her to fight, but still she refuses. Moved by her pacifism, Emerl also begins to refuse to fight- but still tries to protect Cream, and proceeds to get pounded on as a "human" shield. Cream can't stand seeing Emerl getting hurt like this for her sake, so she finally jumps in and tries to intervene.

And, still, she mainly has her Chao, (Cheeze is his name?) fight for her.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Cheese I believe.

Isn't Gamma dead by the end of Sonic Adventure? Or does this take place during it?
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

The Final Battle while playing as gamma was epic. The music for both of the games were cool.
Buckdida
Juicy Wolf-Cat

Post by Buckdida »

Sleet wrote:Cheese I believe.

Isn't Gamma dead by the end of Sonic Adventure? Or does this take place during it?
He does die at the end of that one - Eggman remade him again in this one, and so once again Gamma is evil D: Sonic and others even get confused when they get attacked by Gamma when they first see him again.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Ah, so this is basically the same model but a completely different character? How oddly convenient. *giggles*

Does Omega have Gamma's "soul" like he does in the comic? I haven't really played many of the recent games so I'm not really up on a lot of the story stuff.
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Never thought a game would release it's source code, but supposedly that's going to happen to Doom 3. I'm wondering what the code will look like and if an awesome opensource project will start up around the released source. Either way, more companies should release old source code.
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

I tried making a TF2 Housepets Unofficial Dedicated server. I gave up after step 2 cause It was too hard.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

zeekgenateer wrote:Never thought a game would release it's source code, but supposedly that's going to happen to Doom 3. I'm wondering what the code will look like and if an awesome opensource project will start up around the released source. Either way, more companies should release old source code.
Let the ridiculous modding commence!
IceKitsune

Post by IceKitsune »

zeekgenateer wrote:Never thought a game would release it's source code, but supposedly that's going to happen to Doom 3. I'm wondering what the code will look like and if an awesome opensource project will start up around the released source. Either way, more companies should release old source code.
Actually plenty of old games have released their Source Code. The first two Doom games have along with I think Hexen and Heretic. ID Games does this a lot actually.
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

ManaWolf wrote:I tried making a TF2 Housepets Unofficial Dedicated server. I gave up after step 2 cause It was too hard.
what is step 2? Also, I don't think there would be a lot of players in that lobby. I could be wrong, I'm not very smart.
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

Using the HLupdater to make it, I kept trying to open it up. I wouldn't work.
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

I imagine Red Savarin's voice from solatorobo to sound like Edward Elric's voice from Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood English Dub. Or that's how I like to imagine him sounding like.
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

So, as far as computer games go, I started playing osu! about a week ago. Also, I'm getting Terraria in a bit. I just started on Spiral Knights as well. Who wants to play? :P
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

Tha Housefox wrote:So, as far as computer games go, I started playing osu! about a week ago. Also, I'm getting Terraria in a bit. I just started on Spiral Knights as well. Who wants to play? :P
I think it only kinda silly that you have to either pay 5,536 crowns, wait a day, or pay real money to get energies. Other than that I like the game. Never played with other steam players on my friends list. I've just played with my brother.
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Xenoblade Chronicals looks AWESOME! I preordered it~ I get a fancy red classic controller. Does anyone want to play Mario Kart Wii or something? I'm seriously bored~
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

zeldakeeper wrote:Xenoblade Chronicals looks AWESOME! I preordered it~ I get a fancy red classic controller. Does anyone want to play Mario Kart Wii or something? I'm seriously bored~
I'm too sucked in to TF2 to play mario kart. Who else here enjoyed playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl as much as I did. Lucas is my best character.
Cwitt

Post by Cwitt »

ManaWolf wrote:I'm too sucked in to TF2 to play mario kart. Who else here enjoyed playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl as much as I did. Lucas is my best character.
I loved Brawl. I used Captain Falcon a lot, just cause of FALCON PAWNCH.
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

ManaWolf wrote: I'm too sucked in to TF2 to play mario kart. Who else here enjoyed playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl as much as I did. Lucas is my best character.
Yo Dawg, I hear you like Mario Kart so I put some Mario Kart in your TF2 so you can... TF2 Mario Kart Map

Never played much of Brawl, don't have a Wii. I really want the new Deus Ex to come out, I need a good RPG to play sooooo bored sometimes.
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

zeekgenateer wrote:
ManaWolf wrote: I'm too sucked in to TF2 to play mario kart. Who else here enjoyed playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl as much as I did. Lucas is my best character.
Yo Dawg, I hear you like Mario Kart so I put some Mario Kart in your TF2 so you can... TF2 Mario Kart Map

Never played much of Brawl, don't have a Wii. I really want the new Deus Ex to come out, I need a good RPG to play sooooo bored sometimes.
I've played that map before, On the furry pound server. The Furry Pound #3 server is the best, because they play new maps on there and they're very funny and friendly. But one of them is very curious on what housepets is because I use my spray.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Alot of people i know are favoring League of Legends these days. I played it a few times and i also highly suggest it. it's fun and free!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Can you use Professor NecroDead, the dead necromancer professor?
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Nay. though there is a Doctor Mundo!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

*puts on otaku cap*
Yay~ Touhou 13 is finally out today, and the game doesn't disappoint at all X3

Haq Dzi'ab (Blue Peaks Shore) || Mikan Kawabe (Applegate) || Hajime (Apollo City)
NickCole

Post by NickCole »

kurowolfe wrote:*puts on otaku cap*
Yay~ Touhou 13 is finally out today, and the game doesn't disappoint at all X3
You are now awesome. I want to get it. ; AAAAAA;
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Yeah, but a copy costs like $35.00 not including shipping, it's like RM120 (feels like $120) here (T_T)
Huh, it's times like this I wish I live in Japan... *bricked*
Guess I'll have to make do with the demo version for the time being...

ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

100 hours worth of Team Fortress Two Play On my part, Hoo-ray!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

So I was playing Bastion a little bit ago and I must say this, that game is really good. Its nice and colorful, the narrator has a cool voice, and the way he tells the story is just, really unique. Because he tells it as you go through, not in like a cutscene or something. Its pretty fun overall.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

The Grey Wolverine wrote:So I was playing Bastion a little bit ago and I must say this, that game is really good. Its nice and colorful, the narrator has a cool voice, and the way he tells the story is just, really unique. Because he tells it as you go through, not in like a cutscene or something. Its pretty fun overall.
After a while, his voice starts to annoy you and creep out other people around you. Or at least that's how I felt. I think he breaks the 4th wall once or twice within the whole game.
exranio

Post by exranio »

I remember I was breaking things with my hammer then he said "Kid sorta just rages for a while".
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

exranio wrote:I remember I was breaking things with my hammer then he said "Kid sorta just rages for a while".
Erm, that's kinda disturbing for some reason (^_^')

Anyway, I've been watching replays of the Touhou 13 game, and I'm really surprised that the Extra stage (ultimate final stage) boss is.... a raccoon! A shape-shifting tanuki (raccoon) girl, but a raccoon nonetheless. I'm honestly surprised, especially since the theme of the game is ghosts and spirits.

Erm... I don't think anyone here except NickCole can understand what I'm saying *bricked*

shadowhaz

Post by shadowhaz »

touhou 13? wow Im still stuck on shoot the bullet DX darn you sakuya
it takes an idiot to do cool things that's why they're cool
soothing no?
kurowolfe

Post by kurowolfe »

Honestly, I can only play Easy on all games. Tried Normal, but I'm too fidgety to dodge the bullets properly XD
ZUN's music style is changing too, now more like techno-trance than the usual trumpets.