Discussion: Video Games

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

CaptainPea
Extremerator

Re: Discussion: Video Games

Post by CaptainPea »

exranio wrote:That would be like if I refused to watch a movie at Joesph's theater because they won't show it at Marx's.
Is there some sort of a communism angle going on here?

Anyways, I can see refusing to purchase from a distributor if you're adamantly against supporting them. They'd need some rather significant problems for me to do that, though.
Sleet wrote:I'd take stylized graphics any day over Real Is Brown. I'm glad gaming seems to have gone that way now that you can't really impress people with how real your game looks anymore. Everything's already pretty real.
Yeah, at a certain point it gets to the point where increased realism does nothing for the experience. I don't play a lot of games with "realistic" graphics, but I think we can say we hit that point in the last few years.
The funny thing is that animation was originally so magical because it decidedly wasn't real.
Image Image
zeldakeeper

Post by zeldakeeper »

Actually, I was seriously impressed with Muramasa's graphics! A Boy and his blob was beautiful too. So much more effort went into those games then Call of Duty, yet those games sold poorly. What a shame...

I almost forgot to mention Kirby's epic yarn.
I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Kirby's Epic Yarn is beautiful and I smiled for several hours straight when I first played it.

I don't mind realism sometimes. Some games I really like, like Left 4 Dead, have realistic graphics. But I don't think it's so important for a game to look real.
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

exranio wrote:That would be like if I refused to watch a movie at Joesph's theater because they won't show it at Marx's.
Not the best analogy but still.
The problem with that analogy is that using it doesn't include the full story. Joesph has been a maker of movies for some time, but just recently purchased a movie theater to branch out his business. Prior to purchasing the movie theater he allowed Marx and all other movie theaters to show his many movies. Marx has been very successful as a movie theater and many, many people visit the theater over others. With his newest movie Joesph has disallowed Marx from obtaining and showing his movie, but allows other movie theaters to show it.

Because EA is singling out Steam as an online distributor for little to no reason, I'd rather purchase a retail copy than an online copy from a distributor that is not Steam.
* My Steam Account * My DA (writing) *
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
FuhrerVonZephyr

Post by FuhrerVonZephyr »

Sleet wrote:Kirby's Epic Yarn is beautiful and I smiled for several hours straight when I first played it.

I don't mind realism sometimes. Some games I really like, like Left 4 Dead, have realistic graphics. But I don't think it's so important for a game to look real.
Case in point; The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Hey guys! I make art!
exranio

Post by exranio »

Still stupid to me but I get your point.

I don't use steam much but that's because I play Japanese games. Theres not much of those on steam.
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

exranio wrote:Still stupid to me but I get your point.

I don't use steam much but that's because I play Japanese games. Theres not much of those on steam.
I hope you've played Reccetear then, what a hilarious game!
"They say misery loves company, ain't there something else we can share. Are you still there? Do you still care? That's all I really need to know." - Kansas - Need to Know
exranio

Post by exranio »

Do any of you guys play Blaz Blue calamity trigger on Xbox.
I'LL TAKE YA ALL ON!
So check out my Deviant art http://exranion.deviantart.com/ It has ponies, furries, and the link to my tumblr!
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

No but I play MW2
exranio

Post by exranio »

that's not even a fighting game.
Unless that stand for Martial World 2
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Here's a short video I made with Kerbal Space Program. I plan to film a launch of my rocket and the building of additional rockets.

Enjoy this other guy's failures
KalloonWhite

Post by KalloonWhite »

I can't wait for Fate/Extra!

It's like rock, paper, scissors, only way more awesome!
marmalade & sugar song, peanuts & bitter step, It's sweet and bitter and leaves me feeling faint
Blue Braixen
Ms. Sunshine

Post by Blue Braixen »

So I rented Fallout: New Vegas. Bethesda certainly went all-out with it. They made it much more realistic, even in the Casual mode so that everything is a challenge, even though you can have two helpersat one time (one canine and one humanoid). But they didn't stop there; they made a Hardcore mode, which does things like:
• Gives you Hydration, Starvation, and Sleep meters to watch out for in addition to your health and status
• Stimpaks don't heal limbs; however, there are Doctor's Bags for this.
• Damage is increased

All in all, it's freaking hard to beat. >.< Even on Normal!
The Grey Wolverine

Post by The Grey Wolverine »

I will attest to this, first time through I went hardcore from start to finish, I kept it on normal the whole time and it was hard as all ****. Still love New Vegas, and have all the DLCs, Old World Blues is my favorite, followed by Honest Hearts very closely, however it still loses because once you beat it, you really have no reason to go to Zion Valley again, and in dead last is Dead Money for being to muffins and cookies hard, first playthrough of it was on hardcore, don't do it for the love of all that is holy. On a related note, for some reason when I beat Dead Money again today I had NO CAPS! What the ****, I started with over 30,000 caps, now I have 0. The 5 gold bars I got away with won't even cover half that.
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

8 hours of Left4Dead2 later...

@ -@ Can't sleep, the zombies will get me.
The Grey Wolverine

May I ask why you played it for 8 hours strait?
Please click this link and support me on FA. http://www.furaffinity.net/user/greywolverene/
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Because it's an awesome game!
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

Yes it is. And when I finally did get to sleep, I played it some more... IN MY DREAMS. Best dream, EVER.

I like how each area has it's own specialized zombies. Like at the carnival, the clown zombies attract other zombies because of their squeaky shoes. That's just awesome!
exranio

Post by exranio »

I've had left 4 dead to for almost a yea and I have never once passed the parish. ONCE!
The Grey Wolverine

I know its awesome, but how can you do that, bad things happen when you do things like that man.
exranio

Post by exranio »

I'v spent more than 8 hours on games before. Of course those where RPG's that are already 40+ hour games
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

I've always wanted to play Left 4 Dead 2, I loved the first one and the 2nd one looked fun too. And After a year of patience, I got it in the Valve Complete Pack on steam. I played all day and beat all the campaigns. :foreveralone:
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

I can do it, because I crave FPS. It's my game style, the genre I love the most. I don't care if their zombies, I love shooting them anyways.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

So, the 3DS got a huge price cut because they weren't selling nearly as well as they had hoped.

Apparently it never occurred to them what happened last time they launched a console without Mario.
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

Netflix Is also coming to the 3ds. That sounds cool I guess.
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

With the price being dropped I'm actually thinking about buying one. $170 is certainly a more reasonable price than $250.
The Grey Wolverine

The 3DS, man I hate those things. And its not that I hate Nintendo or anything, its that the 3D gives me a headache after like 10 seconds. I just think the 3DS is a gimmick, I dunno man, but I am getting the PS Vita when it comes out.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

zeekgenateer wrote:With the price being dropped I'm actually thinking about buying one. $170 is certainly a more reasonable price than $250.
I can get a home console for the original price they were asking. NO handheld is worth the same amount as a home console.
FlintTheSquirrel

Post by FlintTheSquirrel »

Hehe, we have had it for months, and yet I never touch it past the built in games. ^^; Nothing good on it at all. But there eventually will be I am in hopes for. And I do not really get a headache from it.
It is nowhere as bad as a Virtual Boy, and even those things you can use for 10 minutes without a break.
exranio

Post by exranio »

Well it has the legend of Zelda remake, Dead or alive, harvest moon. Thats enough for me toget it
plus they are making Mario Kart 3d, the handheld version of Sonic Generations, The special Edition of Devil survivor that adds voice acting and more demons.

and the icing on the cake KINGDOM HEARTS DREAM DROP DISTANCE!
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

The 3D on the 3DS doesn't really hurt my head at all, really. You just need to find a good spot on the slider for your eyes.

The PSP Vita represents something I hate about the video game industry. Handhelds are trying to be consoles and consoles are trying to be computers. If Nintendo weren't around with its stellar first-party games, I'd probably just skip the pretenders and play all my games on my computer instead. I've pretty much stopped playing my Xbox 360; not because it doesn't have any good games, but because I can buy most of those good games on Steam instead.
ManaWolf

Post by ManaWolf »

Catch A Glameow, Name It Grape.
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I caught a Purrloin and named it Grape!
The Grey Wolverine

Sleet wrote:The 3D on the 3DS doesn't really hurt my head at all, really. You just need to find a good spot on the slider for your eyes.
I see your point but I swear, I have tried every place on the slider and it still won't work for me, maybe its my glasses. I dunno, but really alls I can see coming out for it I think is cool is the old remakes like Ocherina of Time, I dunno just my opinion.
Plus I could rant for an hour about how I hate the DSs in general.
Mareks

Post by Mareks »

I bought Legend of Zelda 3DS, but I don't own a 3DS yet. I've got the original Ocarina of time, so I can't ait to see the new graphics.
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Uncrateomatic - TF2 uncrating simulator. Just like the real thing! (except for paying money and not getting unusuals, oh wait, that already happens ;) )
angelusbr

Post by angelusbr »

I've been playing Neverwinter nights 2 platinum edition (with the two expansions) and I had to restart the game tons of times due bad character builds...But the game is good enough for me to stand this repetition.
Other thing that made me happy was to know that soon Starcraft's Latn America region and North America region will be united!
Shameless advertisement of my fanfics: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/880961/Angelus-alvus
zeekgenateer

Post by zeekgenateer »

Evolution 2011 had some of the craziest amazing moments. Some of them are yet to be uploaded, but here's one of the crazy upsets.

Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition - Top 8 - Poongko (Seth) vs Daigo 'The Beast' (Yun)

Couldn't find a better video of this, but here's an amazing turnaround round in Marvel Vs Capcom 3. I put the video at the start of the turnaround.

Marvel Vs Capcom 3 - PR Rog vs Viscant
The Grey Wolverine

You know what looks awesome, the Metal Gear Solid HD edition. Its going to bring Sons of Liberty, Snake Eater, and Peace Walker and bring them to the 360 and PS3. OOOOOOOOOOOOO I can't wait.
Tiggy

Post by Tiggy »

Can't wait till the 18th. First ever DotA2 tournament will happend. With a $1 Million dollar prize for the winning team. :D

(This game hasn't been released yet, neither has any in-game content leaked to the internet, that I know of.)

Will be EPIC
Jason Mraz wrote: My goal is to show everyone that they, too, can do what they love to do.
Daggy wrote: Look a shadowpriest, what a cutie.... POW