Happy Indigenous Day!

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Harry Johnathan

Happy Indigenous Day!

Post by Harry Johnathan »

It's Indigenous Day! :D
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Happy Indigenous Day!

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

So is this the first year that it was recognized as a proper holiday? I don't remember it ever being brought up before.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:05 pm So is this the first year that it was recognized as a proper holiday? I don't remember it ever being brought up before.
long time comin' .
Harry Johnathan

Amazee Dayzee wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:05 pm So is this the first year that it was recognized as a proper holiday? I don't remember it ever being brought up before.
It's mostly to spite Christopher Columbus.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Harry Johnathan

Also Indigineous Day has been a thing for years.
Obbl
Smiley McSmiles

Post by Obbl »

Happy belated Indigenous Day! Happy to see this taking off more and more each year. Here's to even more recognition of the people who were here first :D
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think the reason why it may be getting more traction this year is because Biden is the first US president to recognize it. I know it was a holiday prior but it didn't get a lot of attention until now.