A rather depressing thought

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

Harry Johnathan

A rather depressing thought

Post by Harry Johnathan »

Basically everyone who was originally joined the forums when it first released except Diss and the other admins and Rick are long gone. But reading through their old posts makes me... miss them in a weird way? Like missing someone you've never met. It gives me this feeling for nostalgia because of how old those posts were and how then the forum wasn't so... dead. And you know what's funny? One day, me and you guys before long gone too. And someone maybe will make a post like this and think about me you guys. Haha.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Amazee Dayzee

Re: A rather depressing thought

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Not with me. I plan on staying here for as long as the forum is active. I don't want them to get rid of me. I'll probably blend in like the wallpaper soon enough. :lol:
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Yeah, that ... as they say ... is life. Having returned to the town I grew up in after fifty years of the rest of the world, I get that way a lot. Some things, places, people have changed. In two of the neighbor's homes, the parents are no longer alive and their children - now in their late fifties - live there. Chunks of forest have been chopped out, old barns fallen a little further down, and stores replaced, shuttered, or torn down. You linger over the obits now, along with the sports and the comics, in newspapers that were once three times more pages long, written by reporters who knew grammar. We are always moving on, whether we go anywhere or not. So ... enjoy.

No, wait, no ... don't put "The Circle of Life" on ... ;)
Harry Johnathan

NHWestoN wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:07 pm Yeah, that ... as they say ... is life. Having returned to the town I grew up in after fifty years of the rest of the world, I get that way a lot. Some things, places, people have changed. In two of the neighbor's homes, the parents are no longer alive and their children - now in their late fifties - live there. Chunks of forest have been chopped out, old barns fallen a little further down, and stores replaced, shuttered, or torn down. You linger over the obits now, along with the sports and the comics, in newspapers that were once three times more pages long, written by reporters who knew grammar. We are always moving on, whether we go anywhere or not. So ... enjoy.

No, wait, no ... don't put "The Circle of Life" on ... ;)
Time is haunting.
Sarah was afraid, so she lied and said, “I did not laugh.” But [The LORD] said, “Yes, you did laugh.” - Genesis 18:15 (NIV).
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

You make the best you can with when and where you are. Nothing else you can do.
Nostalgia is fine and normal, the important thing is just to not linger so long on something else that you forget to do that.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Which is something I admit that I am guilty of because I like to think back to the good old days when my grandparents were alive and I had less responsibilities.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

"The past can be a wonderful place to visit, but don't pitch your tent there. It's not where you're meant to live."
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:33 am Basically everyone who was originally joined the forums when it first released except Diss and the other admins and Rick are long gone. But reading through their old posts makes me... miss them in a weird way? Like missing someone you've never met. It gives me this feeling for nostalgia because of how old those posts were and how then the forum wasn't so... dead. And you know what's funny? One day, me and you guys before long gone too. And someone maybe will make a post like this and think about me you guys. Haha.
I definitely remember a lot of the old folks. Some of them I still talk to! Others do make me a little sad. But the memories are still there and that's important! :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I know of a few people that were here when I was originally on but left over my 2-year absence and that sort of makes me feel down sometimes.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Me, I find it... interesting... to go back and see what stuff was like here years ago, and how that led to the known now.
But it doesn't make me sad or depressed. It's a question.

And I'm sure this is something you guys have figured out by this point, even if I haven't said it somewhere already, but I like questions.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Vertigo Fox wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:58 pm Me, I find it... interesting... to go back and see what stuff was like here years ago, and how that led to the known now.
But it doesn't make me sad or depressed. It's a question.

And I'm sure this is something you guys have figured out by this point, even if I haven't said it somewhere already, but I like questions.
Same here ... usually, before I post Birthday greetings, I'll go back and read some of the old postings of the birthday crowd. They do make for interesting and illuminating reading.
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

I'm less busy since working at home, but I had to divery my attention from the forums for awhile. :(

I still love reading when i can, old and new though. <3
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Hopefully we will see you around a lot more Garbage Kitty. :mrgreen:
Harry Johnathan

GameCobra wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:48 pm I'm less busy since working at home, but I had to divery my attention from the forums for awhile. :(

Aw. Hope you don't leave us, GameCobra! :cry:
GameCobra

Post by GameCobra »

Rydr Warklub wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:53 pm
GameCobra wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:48 pm I'm less busy since working at home, but I had to divery my attention from the forums for awhile. :(

Aw. Hope you don't leave us, GameCobra! :cry:
Never :(
3 words - Liquid Metal Fur
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You do I will track you down and drag you back here. You have to stay.

Forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and EVER!
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Well. eventually, everyone leaves ............