Something you should all know about me.

Discuss everything else here

Moderator: ArcWolf

FireworkFox

Something you should all know about me.

Post by FireworkFox »

I am gay. I used to think I was bi, but a few weeks ago I realized I'm actually not attracted to girls.
I must say, I'm glad I've found a place that's so accepting of LGBTQ+ people such as myself, and I am glad to be a part of this community. Thank you everyone, especially my dear friends!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Re: Something you should all know about me.

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Of course we are gonna accept you no matter what you orientation! The forum here is very open-minded and don't judge the members based on any silly idea such as sexual preference! You didn't have to come out but we will all still want you here either way! ^^
D-Rock

Post by D-Rock »

Great to hear, man.
Faith doesn't change circumstances. Faith changes me.
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

We’re glad you’re here, my man.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Thanks everyone for being so supportive! :D
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Nathan Kerbonaut

Post by Nathan Kerbonaut »

I'm happy that you're comfortable enough here to show your true self :)
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Hey, that's how things are in Babylon Gardens. ;)
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Thanks Nathan and Weston! It's because of people like you that I feel safe on this site!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Safe is awfully important these days, Foxi.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

NHWestoN wrote:Safe is awfully important these days, Foxi.
It is. And that's why your support means so much to me.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I am sure we are all glad we can do whatever we can to help you.
JamesTCat

Post by JamesTCat »

I have just found out about this topic and I got to say, I like you regardless of orientation.
Challenge James T Cat in SMASH Ultimate plus Switch Online: SW-2695-1793-4587
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

Orientation never really came into it for me. To be honest, I don't even UNDERSTAND what the big deal is to some people since people are people and they can love who they love if they are other people. The argument about what it leads to is ridiculous.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

I think Dayzee said it best and there's not much I can add to that. That it's not something I necessarily needed to know; and that even knowing it, it doesn't matter to me.
There are many places where the meat of a personality comes from, yes, but this is a question of what you are, not who, and I think it's very silly to judge a person entirely based on their what, just as it would be to judge them entirely based on what continent they're from or what year they were born. Or even on what reason their parents decided to wink wink nudge nudge nine months earlier.
Who you are doesn't have any more to do with those things than those things have to do with each other.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

You know that is a very insightful and deep statement. I never really thought about it much. Great job with coming to that conclusion!
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Thanks JamesTCat and Vertigo Fox! You guys are great!
It's nice to know that so many people support me. I feel a lot less alone now.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Sleet
Bringing Foxy Back

Post by Sleet »

I'm glad you're comfortable with yourself. :3
Questions? Comments? Concerns? Friendly banter? Feel free to click the "PM" button below!
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Thanks Sleet! You're a great pal!

By the way, I've been thinking about turning this topic into a sort of blog where I talk about my life. Does everyone approve of that idea?
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Nathan Kerbonaut

If the mods allow such a thread then I'd read it :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I think if it isn't against the rules it would be a good idea.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Update: I just got the go-ahead from the mods(shoutout to D-Rock and Arcwolf) to use this topic as a blog. Which I am thankful for, because talking about my life helps me deal with my life.
So, you guys can expect more updates here about how my life is going.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Sure.
Nathan Kerbonaut

Great to hear :D
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

I'm glad you guys are looking forward to it!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

Good to hear. Hope this helps you out some.
“Freedom has cost too much blood and agony to be relinquished at the cheap price of rhetoric.” - Thomas Sowell

“The only time I ever enjoyed ironing was the day I accidentally got gin in the steam iron.” Phyllis Diller
JageshemashFTW

Post by JageshemashFTW »

So, um... I hope you don’t see this as me trying to steal your thunder Foxy, but I figured it’d be better to do this here than make a blatant copycat post.

I’m Bi. I’ve waffled back and forth on what exactly that meant, but I’ve been in a pretty comfortable place about it for a few years. I don’t exactly keep it a secret, benefit of having a really supportive family, but I don’t get many chances to just straight up announce it. It always feels good when you do, doesn’t it?
Welcome to HexCom: viewtopic.php?t=5602
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

It sure does!
When I'm in a place where I can be open bout my sexuality, I feel so much more free!
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

So... here's what's been going on in my life...
I was born and raised in a conservative Christian family, and as you already know, I'm gay. My conservative parents are constantly trying to separate me from both the furry fandom and the LGBT+ community. Every time I show signs of being gay or a furry, they yell at me, guilt trip me, tell me I'm sinning, and stuff like that. Now, I'm still a Christian, but I believe that a relationship between two men is acceptable in the eyes of God. I hope to move out soon, but unfortunately this virus thing just had to go and happen. With that being said, I'm not sure when I'll be able to get out of this terrible situation I'm in.

There is only one device I can access this site on, and that's my school computer, which is on renal from my school.(My parents blocked it on the computers we own last summer because its a furry comic.) I'm in 12th grade, and my school will probably ask for it back after I graduate. They might not ask for it until the end of the summer, but this computer is my only connection to you and so many of my LGBT+ and furry friends. I believe that I may lose contact with these friends unless either a: this virus pandemic ends soon(which, even being optimistic, seems unlikely to me), or b: I come out and tell my parents that this is the life I want to live, and I want my freedom. But if I tell them, I'm worried that they will force me out of the house before the pandemic is over.
No, ceasing to use this site is not an option. I've lost too many friends and even a boyfriend because of my parents. You guys are great, and I don't want to lose you as well.
I'm not sure what to do.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

I'm so sorry about the difficulties that you are facing right now Foxy. I hope you can figure something out at some point.
Vertigo Fox

Post by Vertigo Fox »

Ouch. Nobody has any business forcing their beliefs on someone who doesn't want them, even if they're parents. I'll bet you're not the only person they behave this way towards....

I don't have much experience in this type of situation myself (only because I'm very lucky) so if I'm to say anything useful I'll have to predict what someone else's words might be. So with that in mind take this as the ramblings a well-intentioned idiot:

I don't know if you've already got an income of your own but even in an environment like this you can still look for opportunities. Be smart and look at the sorts of businesses that will still be operating during a pandemic, you know, food services, groceries, healthcare... delivering groceries to food services in healthcare... even housekeeping would be something if it can support you.
Work on your resume and start sending applications as soon as you can.

And start looking into apartments (or condos) as soon as you can too. Internet's a great thing right now. Maybe you can't apply to rent without that income but if you're ready at the starting line as soon as the pandemic begins to die down and you know what you want, what you're likely to be able to get, and what's available you can hit the ground running before anyone else gets the chance to snap them up first.

Treat the pandemic as a pause button on the world that will let you be ready to start getting on with your life ahead of the competition.
If you have gay/furry friends in real life whose parents are supportive you can try reaching out to their parents for their experience on these sorts of work/moving matters... failing that, if you think there's a way you can get the benefit of your own parents' experience you can always grit your teeth and work with them for the sake of getting away from them. Trying to be nice while keeping in mind that it is temporary and the rewards for your patience will be great.

But finding other supportive people does sound like it would be preferable. There are probably organizations around that could be a help to you as well, and even if they're not operating at the moment you can still get in touch with the people involved.

Basically, my advice for you is to use your problem as motivation to find solutions for it, and to be as ready as you can to use them as soon as you can.
Last edited by Vertigo Fox on Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ship's Cat, MPSV Iberia
Check out my musical ramblings, if you dare:

https://soundcloud.com/snowfoxden
OdedZeituni98

Post by OdedZeituni98 »

my brain is very stubborn when it comes to not to do things I'm curious about and trying to forget scenes that disturbs me. I try anything I can but for some reason it keeps coming to me back like a boomerang.
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Thanks everyone for your support.
Seeing this cheers me up after the things my father said to me earlier(he said he doesn’t believe I have two working brain cells)
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
trekkie

Post by trekkie »

I’m glad we can be here for you, keep your head up, Foxi.

JageshemashFTW

Post by JageshemashFTW »

People always say family is the most important thing in life. This is true.
But it’s under the caveat that some people first need to find a better family than the one they have right now.
I hope you find your real family Foxy. I’m sure they’ll love you.
Welcome to HexCom: viewtopic.php?t=5602
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

My old man was not big on "positive reinforcement". However, I also noticed he often made disparaging comments about himself so I figured this was just his way. Part of his disappointment arose, I think, from the fact that he was a sports lover and I was athletically inept.

But I had other refuges - art, drawing, photography foreign languages - so I learned to steal time to develop hobbies that other people respected. My mother, also, was very encouraging. Secondly, I benefitted from very supportive teachers and from belonging to a Christian denomination that was pretty liberal and open-minded. Finally, since I was interested in history and movies and things that also interested my father, there were always things I could bring up for conversations. At best, we could share mutual interests - at least, he'd get off my case for a while.

Perhaps, Foxy, this drought we're passing through gives you some time to think about your future, not just what you want to do but how to go about doing it. You won't always live with your parents so investigate alternatives along with employment and/or education and/or enterprise. Eventually, this "sheltering-in-place" stuff will end. Be welll. ;)
FireworkFox

Post by FireworkFox »

Thanks again for the support everyone. I know I've already said that, but I mean it. I'm very grateful for you guys, and I'm honestly not sure what I would do without you.
Could you guys call me Firework? That's my fursona's name.
By the way, is anyone here a furry in western Pennsylvania looking for a roommate(preferably in Butler county)? And if you're not, do you know anyone who is? I would really like to get out of my current living situation.
My name is Firework Fox.
uwu
------------------------
John Granger
S5 P8 E4 C6 I7 A6 L6
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

OK then we can call your Firework if you want us to. You just need to remind me because I may end up forgetting. And sorry, I don't live in Pennsylvania and even if I did I'm not looking for a roommate because I still live with my parents. I hope that you can get out of your living situation soon though!
Nathan Kerbonaut

Firework it is then. If you're interested, you may be able to change your username if you ask the mods, but I'm not certain of that. Afraid I can't help you find a roommate, though.
NHWestoN

Post by NHWestoN »

Seems like a tricky time to relocate, firework. Very good luck! :)
Amazee Dayzee

Post by Amazee Dayzee »

It makes me wonder how in the world we are gonna move once we get the house (or if the sale of the house falls through, find ANOTHER one >_>) since we would need movers since three people doing it by themselves with no experience is a disaster waiting to happen.